Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1478

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

At some point I wanna showcase some aquatic Pokemon (i.e. Pokemon that just don't function on dry land, like Horsea, Finneon, and Basculin) and have my characters catch a few. Problem: the story takes place in Sinnoh, not known for their extensive surfing routes, and most of the story takes place nowhere near the ocean.

Potential solution? Copy off of the Whirl Islands arc from the anime. Protagonists are invited to Full Moon Island to partake in a water-type-only tournament, where they'll have one month to catch and train any water types they can find. At the end of the month, all participants battle it out, tournament-style. Grand prize is an Eevee (bordering extinction in my fic).

Yes/No?

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    At some point I wanna showcase some aquatic Pokemon (i.e. Pokemon that just don't function on dry land, like Horsea, Finneon, and Basculin) and have my characters catch a few. Problem: the story takes place in Sinnoh, not known for their extensive surfing routes, and most of the story takes place nowhere near the ocean.

Potential solution? Copy off of the Whirl Islands arc from the anime. Protagonists are invited to Full Moon Island to partake in a water-type-only tournament, where they'll have one month to catch and train any water types they can find. At the end of the month, all participants battle it out, tournament-style. Grand prize is an Eevee (bordering extinction in my fic).

Yes/No?
    That could work, although you'd be missing out on some prime headcanon development. It's always interesting to see how authors handle that problem of figuring out how aquatic Pokémon function on dry land. Some go with the Colosseum route and have them float in mid air. Others have them propel themselves with jets of water or well-timed leaps. Point is, don't worry so much about the location. It's an obstacle, sure, but it's part of the job description of an author to overcome obstacles with liberal application of imagination.

With that in mind, I don't know. While the idea of having a character attempt to rush through the whole catching-bonding-training process sounds potentially interesting (or hilarious, if you're focusing on incompetent trainers or ones going through their first leagues), I'm a bit wary of the phrase "copy off of." The Johto arc of the anime especially had pretty trite or dry ideas, so to copy off Filler Hell doesn't particularly bode well for what to expect in your fanfic, if you get what I mean. That and if we're looking at a standalone fic, we're basically also looking at a trainer fic without the evil team or the badge quest. In other words, besides the tournament, what is there to this fic? Where's the delicious conflict? Who are the focus characters, and why should we root for them? Will we get a sense of who they are without reading your main fic? If not, again, why should we root for them?

Point is, it's a start, but in order to make me want to read this fic (or arc), I'd have to see a bit more development than that. Surely there has to be something more to this tournament than "trainer catches Water-types, fights in a few trainer matches, and wins an Eevee." Heck, even if you said, "and by the way, this character is incompetent as sin, and his Pokémon hate him and force him to figure out how he's going to earn their respect in a month," that'd be a bit more interesting.

Also!

Quote Originally Posted by IJuggler
    I've been thinking about this Mareep-centric story for a bit, dunno if/when I'll get around to writing it. The exact setting is a bit fuzzy, but a circus would be the foreground. It feels like it would be a third-person centric, and it would follow this Mareep who is trying to fly to the moon. The hook would be his/her trait that earned them a spot in the circus, which is their rocket science degree. However, their ability has the downside of acrophobia...
    ...You win.

Good to hear you've got some awesome ideas cooking there. I'm looking forward to checking your fic out.

REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

Alright, this is an idea I've been working on for quite some time. I've got a prologue and two chapters written so far, but I'm waiting till I get a few more written before I post anything, since I want to make sure I have some backup when I inevitably get behind on writing.

Spoiler:- The idea:

Sorry the description is kind of erratic, but I was just sort of putting down anything I thought might be relevant. I mostly have questions with the logic behind the decreased popularity in Pokemon training, but any criticism is welcome. If you need any more details, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by [Imaginative]:[Clockwork]; 6th February 2013 at 8:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
    That could work, although you'd be missing out on some prime headcanon development. It's always interesting to see how authors handle that problem of figuring out how aquatic Pokémon function on dry land. Some go with the Colosseum route and have them float in mid air. Others have them propel themselves with jets of water or well-timed leaps. Point is, don't worry so much about the location. It's an obstacle, sure, but it's part of the job description of an author to overcome obstacles with liberal application of imagination.

With that in mind, I don't know. While the idea of having a character attempt to rush through the whole catching-bonding-training process sounds potentially interesting (or hilarious, if you're focusing on incompetent trainers or ones going through their first leagues), I'm a bit wary of the phrase "copy off of." The Johto arc of the anime especially had pretty trite or dry ideas, so to copy off Filler Hell doesn't particularly bode well for what to expect in your fanfic, if you get what I mean. That and if we're looking at a standalone fic, we're basically also looking at a trainer fic without the evil team or the badge quest. In other words, besides the tournament, what is there to this fic? Where's the delicious conflict? Who are the focus characters, and why should we root for them? Will we get a sense of who they are without reading your main fic? If not, again, why should we root for them?

Point is, it's a start, but in order to make me want to read this fic (or arc), I'd have to see a bit more development than that. Surely there has to be something more to this tournament than "trainer catches Water-types, fights in a few trainer matches, and wins an Eevee." Heck, even if you said, "and by the way, this character is incompetent as sin, and his Pokémon hate him and force him to figure out how he's going to earn their respect in a month," that'd be a bit more interesting.
    Oops, guess I should've added more detail to my post. This would be an arc to a very long journeyfic story, and it wouldn't be for quite awhile (as in, my characters would've had plenty of character development by then). The MAIN goal is to get some new Pokemon onto my characters' teams (most, if not all, of the new Pokemon would be aquatic types that evolve into types that CAN function on land, such as Octillery, Kingdra [I'm assuming its draconic components allow it to float like fish do in Stadium], Milotic, or Pokemon that I see as being oceanic in nature and thus wouldn't be found in lakes or rivers, such as Slowpoke, Tentacool, and Staryu). The secondary goal is to just show off these kinds of Pokemon, and I want it to feel a little like an anime filler arc, as the arc overall has little to no bearing on the story as a whole (hence the "copy off of Whirl Islands" remark). As for why the characters would do this: it gives them the opportunity to become stronger as trainers and catch Pokemon they otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to catch (so far, it's a running gag that they're constantly in a state of being poor, so boat trips whenever they feel like it are out of the question). Also, freakin' Eevee. That's bragging rights in of itself.

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by [Imaginative]:[Clockwork] View Post
    Alright, this is an idea I've been working on for quite some time. I've got a prologue and two chapters written so far, but I'm waiting till I get a few more written before I post anything, since I want to make sure I have some backup when I inevitably get behind on writing.

...idea cut for brevity...

Sorry the description is kind of erratic, but I was just sort of putting down anything I thought might be relevant. I mostly have questions with the logic behind the decreased popularity in Pokemon training, but any criticism is welcome. If you need any more details, feel free to ask.
    Can I just say that I really like this idea? I love journey fics that are so much more than just journey fics, and this sounds like it's right up my alley. (I apologize if I'm oversimplifying your concept here or that wasn't your intent.)

I don't see why a decrease in the popularity of traditional journeys can't be logical; you'd just have to know what caused it in the first place. Did you have any thoughts on that? One example I can think of is Dagzar's old fic Mentor, in which she'd interpreted the entire recent history of pokémon training as a really big, albeit fairly long-lasting, fad to begin with. Then, as with most fads, some of the enthusiasm finally started to die down (though a lot of the potential for trainer decline was due in part to other things, like the perceived danger and the media shenanigans surrounding such). Depending on how training got started in your headcanon/this story, maybe there is a point at which it would just naturally start to drop in popularity; alternatively, maybe something else like the thought of sending kids out into dangerous situations caused an issue, and enough of those complaints got a foothold for training to start its decline there and simply dwindle off. Plenty of ways you could go with it.

The only other thing that stands out atm is the conversion of pokémon centers into hotels. Why they all/almost all specifically became hotels (as opposed to hospitals/doctors' offices/urgent care centers—surely some of that medical equipment is usable on humans—or any other type of thing that the owners/new owners might have wanted to use the property for) aside, since I'm sure that's explainable, I have to wonder if a decline in training would necessarily remove the need for a lot of pokémon centers. Thing is that canonically a lot of people have pokémon, whether they're trainers or not. If most of these pokémon were family pets then I can sort of see the immediate convenience of the center not being necessary—you'd just take little Skittykins to the vet whenever he got the sniffles—but a lot of them are used for work, some of which can potentially be intensive or dangerous. Police growlithe, for example, or the machoke/vigoroth that move furniture. The potential for injury would be higher in cases like those. You'd have to ask yourself how common using pokémon for non-training activities is or was in your story's universe. Has that fallen off any in recent years? How often would those pokémon need to be taken to pokémon centers? (Even in the case of family pets, surely it couldn't hurt to keep the local center around in case Skittykins gets into serious trouble.) Depending on how you decide to answer those questions it may still turn out that there is an overall reduced need/viability for centers, and if so that's fine, but just something you might want to think about. If nothing else, leaving the pokémon centers as-is but changing their primary clientele may be enough to give you the effect you want.

It sounds like a neat idea, all in all, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Review requests currently on hold for contest judging + some other stuff. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    Can I just say that I really like this idea? I love journey fics that are so much more than just journey fics, and this sounds like it's right up my alley. (I apologize if I'm oversimplifying your concept here or that wasn't your intent.)
    You're fine! The journey itself is a huge part of the story, but it also serves as a plot point that lets me explore so many other things. At it's heart, it's still a journey fic, though.

I don't see why a decrease in the popularity of traditional journeys can't be logical; you'd just have to know what caused it in the first place. Did you have any thoughts on that? One example I can think of is Dagzar's old fic Mentor, in which she'd interpreted the entire recent history of pokémon training as a really big, albeit fairly long-lasting, fad to begin with. Then, as with most fads, some of the enthusiasm finally started to die down (though a lot of the potential for trainer decline was due in part to other things, like the perceived danger and the media shenanigans surrounding such). Depending on how training got started in your headcanon/this story, maybe there is a point at which it would just naturally start to drop in popularity; alternatively, maybe something else like the thought of sending kids out into dangerous situations caused an issue, and enough of those complaints got a foothold for training to start its decline there and simply dwindle off. Plenty of ways you could go with it.
    My headcanon is that waaay back in the day, training started much like the domestication of animals started in the real world. Humans used Pokemon for protection, hunting, and whatever specific abilities that Pokemon had that could be useful to survival. However, people soon began to realize that having powerful Pokemon meant having power. Naturally, those opposed to those using Pokemon for evil took up training their own Pokemon for more intense battles than hunting Tauros or Stantler, and the modern idea of Pokemon training was born. Once people stopped having to hunt and forage for their food, the primary function of training became for trainers to protect themselves (primarily from other trainers).

In modern times, it's more of a sport than anything, but it still stands as the greatest defense against threats. Generally, parents understand this, so they let their children travel around with Pokemon. I also think that, even if they mostly just want to have fun, kids hope in the back of their minds that they will end up protecting their town/country/world, so most of them are more than happy to go on a journey. However, for the past ~30 years, Kanto really hasn't had any significant threats on the scale of Team Rocket's shenanigans back in RBY (Again, this has an explanation, but I'm going to opt out of detailing it here, since it's a pretty significant plot point). What this means is that Kanto civilians largely regard themselves as safe, so the need to keep churning out Pokemon trainers has decreased. Parents stop encouraging their kids to raise Pokemon (after all, there needs to be some justification for sending your child out into the wilderness), so there are less trainers, which means that the culture as a whole isn't as focused on Pokemon training.

Due to this (and a few other reasons), the prices of Poke Balls and other training items have risen quite a bit, meaning that the people who still wanted to go on a journey had to save up quite a bit of money to make it feasible.

The only other thing that stands out atm is the conversion of pokémon centers into hotels. Why they all/almost all specifically became hotels (as opposed to hospitals/doctors' offices/urgent care centers—surely some of that medical equipment is usable on humans—or any other type of thing that the owners/new owners might have wanted to use the property for) aside, since I'm sure that's explainable, I have to wonder if a decline in training would necessarily remove the need for a lot of pokémon centers. Thing is that canonically a lot of people have pokémon, whether they're trainers or not. If most of these pokémon were family pets then I can sort of see the immediate convenience of the center not being necessary—you'd just take little Skittykins to the vet whenever he got the sniffles—but a lot of them are used for work, some of which can potentially be intensive or dangerous. Police growlithe, for example, or the machoke/vigoroth that move furniture. The potential for injury would be higher in cases like those. You'd have to ask yourself how common using pokémon for non-training activities is or was in your story's universe. Has that fallen off any in recent years? How often would those pokémon need to be taken to pokémon centers? (Even in the case of family pets, surely it couldn't hurt to keep the local center around in case Skittykins gets into serious trouble.) Depending on how you decide to answer those questions it may still turn out that there is an overall reduced need/viability for centers, and if so that's fine, but just something you might want to think about. If nothing else, leaving the pokémon centers as-is but changing their primary clientele may be enough to give you the effect you want.
    I see what you're saying here. My idea was that the medical equipment was still present and functioning, and trainers can still heal their Pokemon there. It's just less necessary, so the Centers found other ways to use the excess rooms and space they have. They don't all need to be hotels, I suppose. My point was more that they're not quite as needed as they used to be.

It sounds like a neat idea, all in all, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Thank you so much for your help. I'm still chugging along writing it, so hopefully I'll be able to post it (relatively) soon.

Excuse me, but is redoing an unfinished story good? Because I put this fanfic on hold. Well I do want to redo the first four chapters since they were simple. I won't change much in this. But here is what I wonder about, is a prologue necessary in terms of evil organizations? Because I called one team Team Earth who will control Ho-Oh and Team Neon to take over Lugia. I would put something as in where Team Neon finds Lugia.

Lugia submerged from the sea after its place being bombed. The leader uses a Galvantula to face Lugia. Lugia becomes stunned by Electro Web and it tries to escape. So the leader was going to hurt Lugia even more by Thunder and as it did, Lugia flew away. BThe leader becomes furious and he sets this for another time. And here is what I'm wondering. Is putting all gens in Johto. I am letting them migrate by shipping, flying, traveling, all kinds of transportation. The time is around the XY time though this focuses in Johto.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Alright, I've been tossing this idea around in my head for a while, so I've really wanted to get some feedback on it. So, imagine a Safari Zone. But, not just any Safari Zone; this Safari Zone is more of a Pokémon Preserve, as visitors are only allowed in for one day out of the whole year; August 27.

Why August 27? Well, the island with the Safari Zone is located inside of the smallest town in the Wonder Region, Little Lake Town. In Little Lake Town, the only thing besides houses and the Safari Zone is a Trainer School; the only one in the region, to be precise.

Now, every year, the school lets Year 7 Trainers catch a Pokémon in the Safari Zone, and lets new students in to become Year 1 Trainers. Every year, students must pass all of their classes, which include everything from Basic Facts to Wonder Region Geography, and everything in between. When a student has graduated, they will get the whole day of August 27 to catch their partner Pokémon. If they fail to catch one, they must retake all of their Year 7 classes again the next year.

But, there are hundreds of Pokémon in the Safari Zone, and there aren't enough trainers to catch all the Pokémon. So what happens to the 50 or so Pokémon that aren't caught?

Because all the Pokémon are taken from their parents too early for them to remember, all the Pokémon they reside with are their family. And the ones left are always lonely, but are usually hopeful for the coming year of trainers, and one would surely pick them up right?

This story is the story of two Pokémon who were best friends, but because of cuteness, one was taken while the other was left behind. So, the Pokémon that wasn't picked escaped from the Safari Zone, a thought never even imagined by others living in the Zone. So, some other Pokémon decided to join the rebel.

Characters:
    Bean the Eevee- Bean is the Pokémon that was left behind when her friend Tails was chosen and captured instead of her. She is a very adventurous Eevee, and is sometimes told to watch her tounge. She didn't have second thoughts for a moment about being a rebel and leaving. At least, before she left the Zone she didn't have second thoughts.

Tails the Vulpix- Tails is Bean's best friend, even though their personalities are like night and day. While Bean is very adventurous and outgoing, Tails is shy and often outspoken. She usually lets Bean take charge, and follows "in the shadows", if you will. When she was captured and taken from Bean, she was heartbroken.

Skylar the Togekiss- Skylar is a very gentle Pokémon, and has a kind heart. She thought the idea of going outside of the Safari Zone was too dangerous for little kids, so she accompanied them for protection (although, to be nice, the main reason she came is because of Papaya). Even though she feels so much bigger than the other Pokémon, she is really a gentle giant.

Sparks the Shinx- Sparks is a very curious Shinx, and feels like he knows everything there is to know about the Safari Zone and its perimeters, so he had wanted to leave, but was too afraid to do so. He is very timid, and hardly ever comes out of the bushes on August 27, for fear of being caught, although he is torn; be caught and receive freedom from the Safari fences, but loose the total control of his life, or stay confined in the gates.

Papaya the Chikorita- Papaya is the youngest of the group, and thus is very childish. She likes to pull pranks on the trainers, and is often never caught, so she believes that if she doesn't get in trouble for doing it, then it's okay. She always relies on Skylar's protection, since most Pokémon are annoyed by her pranks.

Shadow the Poochyena- Shadow is very loyal, and is Sparks' friend. He never backs down from a fight, although he doesn't usually win, as he isn't very strong. Shadow takes everything seriously, so he isn't the best Pokémon to joke around with. When he heard of Sparks wanting to leave, he searched all around the Safari for Pokémon with such ideas, when he finally heard of Bean. Then he and Sparks joined Bean on her expedition.

So far, this is all I have. Slightly similar to my RP, although I think they are different enough. So, what do you guys think? I'm open for suggestions, comments, etc.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

I have two fic ideas right now, someone give me a hand XD

Fic Name: Time Gate
    This fic will take place in the Anime world. The main character is Jupiter, who was jailed after her involvement with Team Galactic. In the anime, she was not there when Cyrus got sucked into the alternate Universe. She never believed Mars's and Saturn's recount on how Cyrus had abandoned them, and she sets her intention on saving Cyrus from the alternate universe. However, when she realised that the police force and the Champion Cynthia were hot on her tail, she realised that she did not have the time nor manpower to manufacture another "Red Chain". After hearing the legend of Celebi, Jupiter sets her eyes on the legendary pixie, and goes out of her way to catch it...
    [This is going to be a continuity of Anime DP, as well as the answer to whether Cyrus was alive after being sucked into the alternate universe]

Fic Name: - undecided -
    The fic starts with a young, nervous female trainer called Bianca (not the BW Bianca) who resides in Johto's New Bark Town. This fic will also take place in the anime universe, the Johto Region. Originally unsure whether to pursue gyms or contests, both of which she enjoys, she meets Dawn and travels with her along the way. Upon reaching Violet City, she meets Nando, and she finally decides on pursuing gyms. So her journey begins, where she goes through development in her confidence, as well as following Dawn and her contest journey through the Johto Region. The main villain in the fic will be a Team Aqua Grunt, who was unhappy about the disbandment of Team Aqua, and wishes it to rise again. He intends to reawaken Kyogre by capturing 'the prince of the sea', Manaphy. And yeah, they cross paths (duh).

Well I'm not sure which idea was better. Definitely the first fic will be shorter, but I like the idea of a continuity of Dawn's journey since she's my favourite anime character.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Default Is This a Good Idea?

So I've never written a fan-fic before, but I've always been interested in writing stories, and I think I'm ready to start writing a fan-fic and posting it online. However, I was wondering if my idea for a first story was a good one. My idea is to write a fan-fic about Pokemon surviving a zombie apocalypse when all the trainers in the world turn to zombies. I was going to try to at least mention 1 of each pokemon in existense. Anyway, I am hesitant in starting this fic because I thought that it might be too dark and mature for something like pokemon because there would be pokemon getting eaten alive, and being betrayed and murdered by other pokemon and what not.

What do you guys think, should I try to do this fic, or should I think of something less dark to start off with? Also, any other general fic-writing tips you guys could thing of for a fan-fic writing noob like me?

Thanks in advance!

As long as you send questionable parts to the mods of the Fan Fiction section and adhere to the rules, you should be fine. I can't say for sure if it's a great idea, but it's an idea nonetheless. If you can pull it off, it can be a good story. Since you're new to writing, you should really plan out this story, and have some outlines jotted down and the like until you feel confident to start writing, and thus posting. You can also go to the beta house thread for the list of beta-readers, because they're still willing to beta-read. Just keep in mind that beta-readers don't write the fics for you, they just help with the editing.

If you want to help get your name out there while you're writing this story, write some short stories/one-shots for the moment as a gateway for your big project. Because you're new to writing, if you haven't yet, I highly recommend checking out the Advice for Aspiring Authors thread for some writing advice, and tips. I'm not the best advice-giver in the world, but I hope that helps point you in the right direction .
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    As long as you send questionable parts to the mods of the Fan Fiction section and adhere to the rules, you should be fine. I can't say for sure if it's a great idea, but it's an idea nonetheless. If you can pull it off, it can be a good story. Since you're new to writing, you should really plan out this story, and have some outlines jotted down and the like until you feel confident to start writing, and thus posting. You can also go to the beta house thread for the list of beta-readers, because they're still willing to beta-read. Just keep in mind that beta-readers don't write the fics for you, they just help with the editing.

If you want to help get your name out there while you're writing this story, write some short stories/one-shots for the moment as a gateway for your big project. Because you're new to writing, if you haven't yet, I highly recommend checking out the Advice for Aspiring Authors thread for some writing advice, and tips. I'm not the best advice-giver in the world, but I hope that helps point you in the right direction .
    Thanks so much for the advice, I'll take this all into account.

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention, do I need to get a rating for my fic from a mod, or do I need to select the rating myself?

Your story has to have a rating, yes. Usually, you rate it yourself based on the guidelines listed on the Fan Fiction Rules, but R-rated stories need a mod's approval before they can be posted (unless you post in the Shipping Fic section, in which case, you can post R-rated romance stories there without approval unless it gets really adult). And even then, they have some strict guidelines for an R-rated story depending on the content. Since this is a story involving zombies and of (possible) detailed murder and gore, it'd be safe to have a mod take a look at the excerpts that involve such activity and see what they have to say about it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

That definitely sounds like an idea you can work with. I wouldn't worry about it being "too dark" or "too violent"; it doesn't line up with the type of story usually seen in canon, no, but fic authors have been writing pretty heavy stuff set in the Pokémon world for a long time. In fact, if that's something you feel you might have trouble with, you can find such an author whose fic you enjoy and ask them for tips on conveying that tone while still keeping relatively true to the core of the series. As for whether it's a good idea to start off with, well, if you're comfortable writing this type of thing then go for it! This is fanfiction, so as long as you're not posting something that's blatantly against the rules of the forum it should be about whatever you want it to be about.

One question, out of curiosity: any particular reason you want to mention at least one of every pokémon in existence?
    Last edited by Phoenixsong; 14th February 2013 at 6:37 AM.
    Review requests currently on hold for contest judging + some other stuff. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    That definitely sounds like an idea you can work with. I wouldn't worry about it being "too dark" or "too violent"; it doesn't line up with the type of story usually seen in canon, no, but fic authors have been writing pretty heavy stuff set in the Pokémon world for a long time. In fact, if that's something you feel you might have trouble with, you can find such an author whose fic you enjoy and ask them for tips on conveying that tone while still keeping relatively true to the core of the series. As for whether it's a good idea to start off with, well, if you're comfortable writing this type of thing then go for it! This is fanfiction, so as long as you're not posting something that's blatantly against the rules of the forum it should be about whatever you want it to be about.

One question, out of curiosity: any particular reason you want to mention at least one of every pokémon in existence?
    Thanks for the input! Also, I'd like to mention every pokemon in existence for two reasons: 1. It's just a nice little challenge to do for myself that will be fun to complete, and 2. I just want to give everyone a good idea of how far certain pokemon have survived and stuff. Also, when I said one, I meant only one not at least one, because I plan to have only one of each pokemon exactly. It's really kind of hard to explain why I'm doing this, I guess I just feel it's necessary because I want each pokemon to have it's own character.

I don't feel like I'm doing a great job explaining this, here's what I mean: In the games, aside from shinies and occasional gender differences, each pokemon really looks exactly the same. In most zombie shows and movies and stuff, the main character are human, and humans don't all look the same, making it very easy to differentiate each human from another. Pokemon on the other hand, due to their identical appearances, would be very hard to differentiate, thus making them seem too similar. In fact, I'm debating whether or not to include evolutions at all either, presenting each evolutionary family as an actual family, for example: Electivire would be the dad, Electabuzz would be the mom, and Elekid would be the son.

Wow, I'm sorry, I just really illogically rambled on there didn't I, my aplogies, it's really late in the morning where I am.
    I can smell u

Well im sure there was one on this forum called Guts & Gore which was about a pokemon zombie apocalypse, and that was pretty good. Go ahead and try it!
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Moving this into the Fic Ideas Thread where it belongs.

~Psychic

This is a crosspost, but I haven't gotten any feedback on this idea and I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

Well, it's me again, the person who starts projects but never finishes them. And yes, I'm thinking of starting another project.

I've decided to call it Fiore 2.0, and it's set a few years after the events of Pokemon Ranger. The idyllic Poke-paradise has fallen apart, and Pokemon have started attacking and killing humans, since most of Fiore is untouched nature, the Pokemon are more "wild". Many people have fled, even most of the rangers. The only ones still there are the rangers in Fall City, Fiore's largest and only city.

To make matters worse, the Go-Rock Quads decided their superstar status was getting boring and decide that while Fiore's weak, they'll take over.

And so it falls to the completely mismatched group of Fall City Rangers to save the region.

Then, just because everything wasn't confusing enough, the alternate universe versions of the rangers who are part of Team Dim Sun appear in their universe. (I can't tell if Palkia or Giratina would have the powers to send them there).

This will be a comedy, as it really won't take itself seriously. For one thing, one of the characters was raised by Mudkips, her AU version was raised by Tepigs, and three of the AU characters are a background character from Wreck-It Ralph and two Vocaloids.

With how much Fiore has changed, I think this would be more of a black comedy... what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyuni View Post
    This is a crosspost, but I haven't gotten any feedback on this idea and I want to know what everyone thinks about it.

Well, it's me again, the person who starts projects but never finishes them. And yes, I'm thinking of starting another project.

I've decided to call it Fiore 2.0, and it's set a few years after the events of Pokemon Ranger. The idyllic Poke-paradise has fallen apart, and Pokemon have started attacking and killing humans, since most of Fiore is untouched nature, the Pokemon are more "wild". Many people have fled, even most of the rangers. The only ones still there are the rangers in Fall City, Fiore's largest and only city.

To make matters worse, the Go-Rock Quads decided their superstar status was getting boring and decide that while Fiore's weak, they'll take over.

And so it falls to the completely mismatched group of Fall City Rangers to save the region.

Then, just because everything wasn't confusing enough, the alternate universe versions of the rangers who are part of Team Dim Sun appear in their universe. (I can't tell if Palkia or Giratina would have the powers to send them there).

This will be a comedy, as it really won't take itself seriously. For one thing, one of the characters was raised by Mudkips, her AU version was raised by Tepigs, and three of the AU characters are a background character from Wreck-It Ralph and two Vocaloids.

With how much Fiore has changed, I think this would be more of a black comedy... what do you guys think?
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who ever remembered the first Ranger game! But your idea sounds great, and I like the comedic twist. That would be very interesting to read.

Also, I would honesty think that either Dialga or Palkia would send the AU Rangers back, depending on what you mean. If they would be sending them back in time, then definitely Dialga, but if they are in the same time period, and just sent to, if you will, another "world" (for lack of a better world), then probably Palkia. The only way I think you could effectively use Giratina would be to have them living in some dystopian world that is directly connected to Fiore, but any of them would be interesting.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Also, I would honesty think that either Dialga or Palkia would send the AU Rangers back, depending on what you mean. If they would be sending them back in time, then definitely Dialga, but if they are in the same time period, and just sent to, if you will, another "world" (for lack of a better world), then probably Palkia. The only way I think you could effectively use Giratina would be to have them living in some dystopian world that is directly connected to Fiore, but any of them would be interesting.
    The Team Dim Sun versions are literally from another universe, so I guess that falls under Palkia's realm. The only reason I thought about Giratina was some old speculation (or maybe it wasn't speculation?) that if Dialga has time and Palkia has space, Giratina rules dimensions. Of course, an AU isn't a dimension.

The AU Rangers are mostly for comedic purposes, the only member I didn't explain in my previous post is a parody of the Sinis Trio/Go-Rock Quads. Needless to say, she has a Guitaremo. (after those 'remo pokémon controlling devices)

Lately, I don't really know much on how I may represent the Prologue of a PMD story I'm going to write.

It is a genre combing PMD and Rebirth stories.

As of now, the title is "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Forgotten Life

Now I ain't that certain as how I could describe a baby's view inside its mother's womb. you see, the human I wanted to create was a human who wishes to become a pokemon for he is tired of his cruel human life. He wants to have a new life with ALL OF HIS HUMAN MEMORIES DELETD (tvtropes call this scenario as "Laser Guided Amnesia). Instead of dying in hell, he will be reborn as a pokemon baby.

Yes I know its kinda rated M in a fetish sense. But it is a debate for me whether I want the child hatching from the egg or growing inside a mother pokemon's womb. Hooray for science.
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 16th February 2013 at 7:52 AM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I got an idea from an anime I'm watching right now - Pokémon meets Time Travel.

The basic idea is that Rosa (or an OC, since I can't really imagine Rosa's personality) was the apprentice of Hilda, the Champion of Unova, before Team Plasma invaded the region and then eventually the world, forced everyone to release their Pokémon, and started to monitor everyone's daily lives. Though Hilda tried to intervene, she fell in love with N, and purposely lost the decisive battle for his sake, then went willingly with them. Rosa/OC, however, is still in denial of this fact, and wants revenge on Team Plasma for destroy her mentor's life by "seducing and kidnapping her", as she calls it. One day, Celebi visits her, telling her that the only way to defeat Team Plasma is to gather the six most powerful Pokémon in history, and of course, this is achieved by time travelling.

Rosa/OC and Celebi will have to travel to six different time periods, most of which will be loosely connected with the history of the real world, and they'll have to overcome numerous difficulties, such as actually persuading it or its owner to let them follow Rosa/OC, and not looking like an alien to the locals. Celebi also gives Rosa/OC a Capture Styler, the same variety that Rangers used to use in order to temporarily take command of Wild Pokémon, so that Rosa/OC has some form of protection at all times. She may also aid famous and powerful people of the past with these Pokémon. Inevitably, by interacting with the powerful Pokémon, they will be messing up the timeline, and some problems will rise later on. Dialga may or may not be infuriated by this.

And then there's the fact that Team Plasma isn't what they really seem to be. But that's spoilers, and I'll be saving that for when people are actually interested in me writing the story.

So yeah, it's pretty much a crazy take on the typical Pokémon Journey genre, I guess, with some extra Ranger elements added (which is a problem because I have never played a Ranger game before OTL). I'm thinking about additional stuff such as Celebi actually being from the future who knows what the future with Team Plasma is like, and the Capture Styler doubling as an all-round cool future machine with special abilities such as instantly changing clothes, creating holograms, and teleportation, though maybe that's too overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I got an idea from an anime I'm watching right now - Pokémon meets Time Travel.

The basic idea is that Rosa (or an OC, since I can't really imagine Rosa's personality) was the apprentice of Hilda, the Champion of Unova, before Team Plasma invaded the region and then eventually the world, forced everyone to release their Pokémon, and started to monitor everyone's daily lives. Though Hilda tried to intervene, she fell in love with N, and purposely lost the decisive battle for his sake, then went willingly with them. Rosa/OC, however, is still in denial of this fact, and wants revenge on Team Plasma for destroy her mentor's life by "seducing and kidnapping her", as she calls it. One day, Celebi visits her, telling her that the only way to defeat Team Plasma is to gather the six most powerful Pokémon in history, and of course, this is achieved by time travelling.

Rosa/OC and Celebi will have to travel to six different time periods, most of which will be loosely connected with the history of the real world, and they'll have to overcome numerous difficulties, such as actually persuading it or its owner to let them follow Rosa/OC, and not looking like an alien to the locals. Celebi also gives Rosa/OC a Capture Styler, the same variety that Rangers used to use in order to temporarily take command of Wild Pokémon, so that Rosa/OC has some form of protection at all times. She may also aid famous and powerful people of the past with these Pokémon. Inevitably, by interacting with the powerful Pokémon, they will be messing up the timeline, and some problems will rise later on. Dialga may or may not be infuriated by this.

And then there's the fact that Team Plasma isn't what they really seem to be. But that's spoilers, and I'll be saving that for when people are actually interested in me writing the story.

So yeah, it's pretty much a crazy take on the typical Pokémon Journey genre, I guess, with some extra Ranger elements added (which is a problem because I have never played a Ranger game before OTL). I'm thinking about additional stuff such as Celebi actually being from the future who knows what the future with Team Plasma is like, and the Capture Styler doubling as an all-round cool future machine with special abilities such as instantly changing clothes, creating holograms, and teleportation, though maybe that's too overpowered.
    You are reminding me of Professor layton and the unwounded Future
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I have an idea for a fic and I just want to know what people think of it. It is set in the kanto region. The main character is doing the whole stereotypical become a Pokemon master thing and trying to find his dad who he never knew, the second main character is Blaines grandson and is training to replace him as the cinnabar gym leader and may or may not be a recovering drug addict (haven't decided about that yet though), and the third is a rich girl who wants to be a breeder and has an interest in contests. They are all 16.any opinions on this idea?

I have an idea for a fic and I just want to know what people think of it. It is set in the kanto region. The main character is doing the whole stereotypical become a Pokemon master thing and trying to find his dad who he never knew, the second main character is Blaines grandson and is training to replace him as the cinnabar gym leader and may or may not be a recovering drug addict (haven't decided about that yet though), and the third is a rich girl who wants to be a breeder and has an interest in contests. They are all 16.any opinions on this idea?

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast