Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1478

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    @NightmareHybrid :

Because of the more story building - esque things were explained, (very well and in depth) by Valentine, I did want to talk / suggest / ask about your "unconfidence" because it involves legendaries / a shiny legendary. If you think its being shiny is necessary, then keep it, but ... The second part is, Darkrai is a bit "overused", however, that doesn't make him unusable - but if you're hung up on that, you could have trios be guardians, which would make sense and be way less overused.
    Although I know it's true that Darkrai is kind of overused, I do give an explanation as to why it's these two specific legendaries. Plus if I get rid of him I would have to rewrite a large part of the story. (Spoiler because I'm going to post it if i can convince myself to)

Spoiler:- It took to long to figure out how this tag worked:

I hope I'm not somehow spamming with these replies, but responding isn't spamming as long as it's on topic right? ...Anyway, I may actually have the prologue posted soon, I just have to add a few minor edits and check for any mistakes.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareHybrid View Post
    Although I know it's true that Darkrai is kind of overused, I do give an explanation as to why it's these two specific legendaries. Plus if I get rid of him I would have to rewrite a large part of the story. (Spoiler because I'm going to post it if i can convince myself to)

Spoiler:- It took to long to figure out how this tag worked:

I hope I'm not somehow spamming with these replies, but responding isn't spamming as long as it's on topic right? ...Anyway, I may actually have the prologue posted soon, I just have to add a few minor edits and check for any mistakes.
    I'm not sure, but a Celebi seems like it would fit the description better; guardian of the forest, etc., etc. And I suppose that makes sense.

As for hybrids, I was going to suggest to have some kind of two-characters-are-actually-one type of thing, (i.e.: they act in unison, take turns speaking & finish each other's sentences very eerily type-uh thing,) but if you say its to connect it to a pre-existing story then nevermind ...
    Last edited by Monek_OP; 3rd November 2013 at 1:48 AM.
    font size one

I was planning on having Pokemon wander in the wild, or even help in mining - Machop/Machoke would help with mining and such, and Zubat would live in the caves. I'm not sure how to start it though. :/

Side note, but!

As for hybrids, I was going to suggest to have some kind of two-characters-are-actually-one type of thing, (i.e.: they act in unison, take turns speaking & finish each other's sentences very eerily type-uh thing,)
    I wouldn't recommend doing this unless it's necessary for the plot. I mean, it'd be a fun thing to have as a side point, but the main problem with the Gallade/Banette hybrid was that it was mentioned in the plot bunny but never really went anywhere. Replacing the Gallade/Banette hybrid with two very close characters really won't resolve the main issue that is they don't really have much to do with the plot at hand, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki's Lysander View Post
    I was planning on having Pokemon wander in the wild, or even help in mining - Machop/Machoke would help with mining and such, and Zubat would live in the caves. I'm not sure how to start it though. :/
    It'd be interesting to see Pokémon fitting in with the world you created professionally. As in, it'd be fascinating to see them help out with mining or whatever other jobs you can think of for them. Very rarely do we get fics that don't treat Pokémon as either accessories to the main character or replacement humans. Having your Pokémon help out with mining allows them to connect with people and serve as their equals. And of course, it's a plus to have wild Pokémon such as Zubat inhabit the mines because you also bring up the fact that Pokémon are basically animals. In short, your plans seem solid.

I agree that starting this would be difficult, but there may be a way to pull it off particularly well. What you'll need to do is focus a lot on your main character's life at home. Maybe start out with him working in the mines and going home to an impoverished household or do the reverse. The first idea will emphasize how hard this character pushes himself to feed his family, and the reverse (starting out in the house and then showing your character at work) will emphasize how poor his situation is. Either way, it'll be slow, but you'll definitely want to emphasize all the details that make your character's life hard. That will push him to go on a journey. It might help if you also added something that tells him he should take up his issues with the regional capital. Maybe have him overhear a coworker thinking about doing the same thing. Maybe include a union movement that elects and sends him up the mountain. Maybe construct your region's government so that it's just common knowledge that you go up the mountain if you have a complaint.

Point is, it's very important to establish why the character wants to go on this journey as well as how he knows that he should be journeying. Good luck!

REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

The Witch of Fic | 365+ Reviews
    Q&A's for all your writing needs. | 365 fanfic reviews in 365 days.

The Fan Fiction Mafia | Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Loki's Lysander View Post
    It seems like you have a world, and a basic idea of characters, but no plot or conflict to put them in. There are a handful of potential ways to go from there to having an actual story to tell:

1) Think of a story. It can be something you made up, an archetype, or even another story entirely. Distill it down to its most basic elements. For Star Wars this might be "A young boy is approached by a mysterious mentor and trained in a mystic art to overthrow a threat to his world." Flip it into your world, ie "A Zubat is approached by an aging Crobat as a chosen apprentice to run the humans out of the mines," or "A Machop is captured by a trainer to help his struggling operation out compete a rival company." But rather than simply make substitutions, you imagine how this would play out differently given the characters you want and your world. While the Machop example won't have a Death Star to blow up, maybe there's a ton of coal and he needs to train harder every day. Maybe it wouldn't be Darth Vader but bills that need paid and shady businessmen. How would this change the story? There wouldn't be as much physical violence, and the threats would be less concrete. Maybe this would mean that the bond between trainer and mentor would be emphasized more, as they need to work together to improve, rather than merely defeat someone else. With no physical threats, why is the group threatened? Why would a trainer need a seemingly insignificant Machop if they aren't physically threatened? Maybe the trainer comes from a proud line of miners that is being out competed by technology or other Pokemon, forcing him to adapt? Would that mean that their would be tension in the family as to whether or not to use Pokemon? That would mean you would need to revamp the plot a little bit to suit the differences. A changed plot will change the reactions of characters, which will further change the plot. Basically, you start with something else and ask "what if?" or "why would this happen?" enough times until you end with a wholly different product.

For example, it could evolve into "A trainer captures a Machop to help him salvage a family-owned mining company threatened by Coal, Inc. The Machop struggles with adapting to his new lifestyle while his trainer must both win over and train the Machop in order to make it effective. In the meantime, the family is nearly torn apart by a dispute as to whether or not to change their traditions to meet the modern times. Amidst struggles to prove to his family that his method can save their company, the trainer finds a giant load of coal that only his Machop could even dream of extracting efficiently. But, he will need to train his Machop hard in order to do it, further alienating the Pokemon..."

You get the idea. We start with Star Wars, we end with something entirely different exploring how the most basic pattern of another story would play out in a different setting.

2) RESEARCH. You might be a coal miner. You might know absolutely nothing. If you are a coal miner, think of the stories around you that you have found inspiring and convert it into Pokemon equivalents, always considering how the story would influence the world and characters, and how the world and characters would influence the story.

If you aren't a coal miner, it would help to learn a ton more about everything related to it. For example, how do miners use technology to increase their strength? How does labor work in the mines? How do real life miners react to real life bats? If you start with this baseline, you can begin to form a better idea of the world around it. Then start adapting it to Pokemon using your knowledge and assumptions. ie, how would miners react differently to bats if they could attack their equipment and emit confusion-inducing pulses? Maybe they might try to eliminate the bats, creating a story where you could alternate between a miner trying to save his camp from Zubat, a Machop struggling to figure out if he favors saving Pokemon or helping his trainer, and a Zubat trying to survive.

Or, you find a story that is particularly inspirational. A figure or an event associated with Coal mining that you found striking. Ask how it would play out in Pokemon. ie, could miners just use Excadrill to escape from a cave-in? Would they be more frequent due to trainers using Earthquake above the mines? Etc.

3) Think of a one-shot conflict. Something minor: Zubat hunting an insect, Machop hammering away at a tough piece of coal. Think of how this would work in sequels and prequels. Why was the Machop hammering? What would the goal of that Machop be for the long run? What motivates him? Spin a plot from the answer to these questions.

You might notice that all three methods are really the same formula:

1) Start with a base
    2) Ask as many questions as possible about how the characters, base, and world would change each other
    3) Keep questioning and thinking until you end with an engaging, original, and realistic narrative that makes the best of the characters and world.

Hope this plot-writing guide helps.
    The Flash Drive of Champions: Backgrounds

There are many reasons to journey in the Pokemon World. It turns out that banishment, Bond Villains, unbeatable rivals and being forced to attend one dance too many are among them.

File 2.5 is up. Gela literally puts on a show for the world to see while elsewhen her world is shattered beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rediamond View Post
    It seems like you have a world, and a basic idea of characters, but no plot or conflict to put them in. There are a handful of potential ways to go from there to having an actual story to tell:
    Actually, they do have a plot. It's briefly described, but it's a viable plot.

REBOOT: Chapter fifteen now available. | Original: Chapter thirty-one now available.

Oh. Did not see longer prior post and thought the short one was the entire concept. Ignore the plot lecture.

As for how to start it, I've found that in general it's best to start things as late into the storyline as possible. While covering 20 years of abuses by the city on the mountain isn't really necessary, starting with the main character on top would probably be skipping a bit much. I would personally make a list of all of the truly big plot points, moments that change the nature of the character's quest or outlook. Start immediately before, during, or after the first event you find to be truly significant. In journey fics (which the idea appears to be a variant of), the first key event is usually either the impetus for the journey or the start of it, but some fics start later and end up fine. In your case, I agree with JX you could start earlier. Traveling up a mountain of intermediate height (I'm assuming there is not a city in the peak of the Himalayas or Alaskan wilderness) takes perhaps a week. Given that there would logically be roads up the mountain, it might take less. This makes the typical training patterns/character development of a standard journey fic hard unless the hand of god prevents a quick journey. Starting early lets you show more time bonding with Pokemon and developing motivations. Just make sure that there is still a conflict early in the story (either external or spending time exploring how inhabitants react to their jobs or hardships) to avoid ten chapters of exposition. Seconding JX Valentine's point about using the time to establish motivation as well.

There are many reasons to journey in the Pokemon World. It turns out that banishment, Bond Villains, unbeatable rivals and being forced to attend one dance too many are among them.

File 2.5 is up. Gela literally puts on a show for the world to see while elsewhen her world is shattered beyond repair.

Hm not sure what the problem with the path to reach a mountain usually being easy. I mean it seems like a simple soultion to that problem, do what countless story do and put some sort of plot point that makes getting to the mountain harder then usual. Perhaps the travel roads been damaged and won't be fixed for awhile, perhaps to get into the city you have fulfil some sort of buercratic thing that amounts to get approval from eight towns or something, which could be gotten only by winning pokemon battles with skilled trainers or something. The path is never easy because the stories tends to make main Charecters do it the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Hm not sure what the problem with the path to reach a mountain usually being easy. I mean it seems like a simple soultion to that problem, do what countless story do and put some sort of plot point that makes getting to the mountain harder then usual. Perhaps the travel roads been damaged and won't be fixed for awhile, perhaps to get into the city you have fulfil some sort of buercratic thing that amounts to get approval from eight towns or something, which could be gotten only by winning pokemon battles with skilled trainers or something. The path is never easy because the stories tends to make main Charecters do it the hard way.
    The problem is that this journey would actually be a lot shorter in terms of time than what countless stories cover. Think about it. Most journey fics in this fandom have the character traveling across extremely large spaces—usually entire regions—on foot. The amount of time their journey takes would be a significant portion, usually at least months. This story would call for a short time period because the amount of ground the character has to cover is comparatively smaller (a mountain, as opposed to an entire region—unless, of course, the mountain is particularly large or we're talking about an entire mountain range instead of just a single peak), so the journey they make will need to be compressed into a significantly shorter amount of time unless you can find a way to stall them. Even with bureaucratic measures and impassable roads, we're still looking at a short distance.

It can work, of course, especially given the fact that Loki's summary seems to imply that there are multiple towns the main character will pass through. It's just that they'll need to be keenly aware of pacing at the same time. More so than any other fic, really.

Wait, does the mountain necessarily have to be close to the starting place? Couldn't LL just make the mountain far away? Granted, you may need some fillers, but you could get some training / character development....
    font size one

Wait, does the mountain necessarily have to be close to the starting place? Couldn't LL just make the mountain far away? Granted, you may need some fillers, but you could get some training / character development....
    Hmm. I'm not sure about this. I mean, it's certainly up to Loki, but it seems their plot hinges on the idea of making the main character a part of an oppressed class. Technically, Loki could redraft the character as an occupation that doesn't necessarily have to be associated with the mountains (while at the same time reconsidering what occupation the Pokémon they feature would take up), but it seems they're aiming for showcasing an industrial world at the same time. Mining would fit pretty well into that concept because you can't really get lower class than that when it comes to more historical settings. (Granted, I can think of several other occupations right off the bat that could also work depending on how steampunk we're talking about here. Mechanic or factory worker, for example.)

That and there seems to be a metaphor going on surrounding placing the Council at the top of the mountain. Of course, I could be putting too much thought into it (and if I'm not, there's also the issue that this metaphor might be a teensy bit heavy-handed, what with placing the higher classes on the top of a mountain and the lower, more oppressed classes towards the bottom—which, come to think of it, would be another point of crit).

Of course, as I've said in the earlier post, we don't really know what the scope of Loki's world actually is. It's possible that this could take place along a mountain range, with the highest mountain being the location of the Council. Alternatively, it could simply be a large mountain with multiple settlements along its face. So it's difficult to say how long this journey would actually take. If it's a short journey, then pacing would still be a bit of an issue to be wary of. The reason why I keep bringing up the idea that it could be a shorter journey covering little territory is because that's definitely a possibility. And given how industrialized/urbanized the setting for this story is, it might feel like it's covering little ground compared to regions full of varied environments and cities with vastly different cultures. And even then, if we're talking about a story restricted to a mountain range, that could potentially be a smaller amount of ground to cover than the traditional regional journeys. There are a lot of factors here that might make this story rather short in terms of how much ground and how much time it needs to cover, and scope is a good thing to clarify in order to understand what we're dealing with here. On the other hand, because this thread deals primarily with discussing basic plot concepts rather than telling people exactly how to write their story, it may not even be relevant beyond, "Okay, so if you're not covering a lot of ground, just be careful with pacing, but if this is the same size as a full region, you're good to go."

In any case, assuming Loki wanted to consider placing the mountain containing the Council farther away from the character's start point, then again, pacing is still something to keep in mind. It'd just be easier to format the journey because the character would have more time to spend questing. (I wouldn't say that they should train, given that this doesn't seem like a plot that would call for training unless the miner character knew that getting his point across would require battling, but there are definitely other things they could be doing during their journey.)

Granted, this also brings up the question of whether or not the character would need a lengthy journey in the first place. The character has a clear goal in mind and a time limit. He's leaving behind his family in order to request assistance because everyone is struggling. While he's sure to experience character growth, he's not really on a journey for himself like a traditional trainer. So there's pacing to keep in mind with regards to that as well because the character's journey might be constructed differently compared to the average Pokémon OC's, simply because it'd call for different types of milestones, if that makes sense.

Frankly, though? I'd say we very rarely get characters who commit to short-term journeys, particularly ones who stick to urban environments. It would be interesting to see what Loki did with that, especially given the fact that so many people in this fandom have a tendency to think of journeys as being things that happen across large expanses of wilderness. (As in, a lot of people think that by journey, we mean a trainer's journey.) If we have a character who's confined to a short expanse of land, Loki would have to be creative in developing ways in which this character could evolve in the short time they take from point A to B. But even if this character has to travel across an expanse of land and then manage their time (considering they've got a struggling family to get back to), it'd be interesting to watch how Loki handles him, keeping in mind that he's just not going to be following a traditional trainer's journey.

Tl;dr, should be interesting either way.

While I'm here, though, side tip, but you generally don't want too much filler in your fic. Fillers work for television shows because everything's a visual medium, and we're more used to episodic formats for shows anyway. For fics, your story should really be continuous, with everything actually relevant to your storyline. If you need padding or filler in order to draw out your story's plot, chances are that's a sign you need to strengthen/flesh out your plot skeleton.
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 4th November 2013 at 7:53 AM.

Hi there. I have an idea for a fic, but I'm not sure if it's been used before or if it's even good, so any criticism would be appreciated.

The format is that of a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. The protagonist, a teenaged boy, will be teleported to the PMD world while exploring the Turnback Cave with his father, a Sinnoh researcher studying the Multiple-Universe Theory by investigating the cave. When the protagonist wakes up, he is alone. He only remembers three things: his name, his humanity, and that his father is somewhere in this world and must be found.

A major plot point of the story will revolve around the father's research. Since he knew of the existence of multiple universes, the father will have sent probes into the unstable center of the Turnback Cave to investigate the many universes. I don't know exactly how yet, but a probe will be significant to the story as it will have been found and potentially cross-engineered by scientists in the PMD universe. The species the protagonist, potential partner Pokémon, antagonist, and father become are still up in the sir.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to where to go from here? Any bit of advice would be much appreciated.

After having a university conference meeting with Marilu Madrunio on her topic Forensic Linguistics, something tells me that )as a English Language major student) I just found an idea to make another original story that uses this kind of investigation technique in different real life crime cases.

Forensic Linguistics is like studying cryptic languages molded with investigation solving the meaning of different courtroom cases and crime scenes. Only very few universities worldwide specialies on this kind of study. One application of this is translating an oddly written language from a victim (ex. the letter writing is English braille. Yet the words' language is protugese subtitling). Its quite a complex thing.

But something tells me that I want to use this in one of my current fanfics as I go further with the investigative conflict. Maybe a radio playing a voice record of a victim that was just about to get killed.

But all I wonder is how I could use and apply my obtained knowledge of Forensic Linguistics in my writings.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    After having a university conference meeting with Marilu Madrunio on her topic Forensic Linguistics, something tells me that )as a English Language major student) I just found an idea to make another original story that uses this kind of investigation technique in different real life crime cases.

Forensic Linguistics is like studying cryptic languages molded with investigation solving the meaning of different courtroom cases and crime scenes. Only very few universities worldwide specialies on this kind of study. One application of this is translating an oddly written language from a victim (ex. the letter writing is English braille. Yet the words' language is protugese subtitling). Its quite a complex thing.

But something tells me that I want to use this in one of my current fanfics as I go further with the investigative conflict. Maybe a radio playing a voice record of a victim that was just about to get killed.

But all I wonder is how I could use and apply my obtained knowledge of Forensic Linguistics in my writings.
    ... Do whatever you want with it?

See, here's the thing. In the fic ideas thread, you should already have an idea going in here. Not to mini-mod or anything. I'm just saying we can't really help you if you say, "I just learned this cool thing! Aren't I cool? Tell me how to put this in my story!" I mean, yes, you're learning things. That's cool. That's what university is meant to do for you. But you can't really come in here and talk about it and then add "please tell me how to use this in my story" at the end of it because not only do we not come here to learn about the cool things you just learned, but chances are, we also have no idea what you plan on doing for the rest of your story, which we sort of need in order to offer up suggestions. Not that we'd be so comfortable doing that anyway because you also can't really ask us to write your story for you.

Soooo ... yeah. Just do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by PhalanxSigil View Post
    Hi there. I have an idea for a fic, but I'm not sure if it's been used before or if it's even good, so any criticism would be appreciated.

The format is that of a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. The protagonist, a teenaged boy, will be teleported to the PMD world while exploring the Turnback Cave with his father, a Sinnoh researcher studying the Multiple-Universe Theory by investigating the cave. When the protagonist wakes up, he is alone. He only remembers three things: his name, his humanity, and that his father is somewhere in this world and must be found.

A major plot point of the story will revolve around the father's research. Since he knew of the existence of multiple universes, the father will have sent probes into the unstable center of the Turnback Cave to investigate the many universes. I don't know exactly how yet, but a probe will be significant to the story as it will have been found and potentially cross-engineered by scientists in the PMD universe. The species the protagonist, potential partner Pokémon, antagonist, and father become are still up in the sir.

Do you guys have any suggestions as to where to go from here? Any bit of advice would be much appreciated.
    Actually, this sounds pretty interesting because hells yes trans-dimensional shenanigans. You very rarely get to see a fic that plays with the idea that the Pokémon franchise is actually multiple universes.

That said, it looks like you've got a pretty stable first plot thread going on with the son's quest to find his father despite being in the Mystery Dungeon universe and a Pokémon and all. But with the probe and the PMD scientists toying with it, I almost have the image of someone actually wanting to go to the main-game universe. This might be slightly cliché if it's a villain, but it'd be interesting to see nonetheless because you don't really get that in Pokémon fanfiction. Alternatively, you could add something about why crossing over from the PMD universe to the main-game universe would be a bad idea. Or, if the probe can't cross dimensions by itself (as in, it doesn't really trigger portals in Turnback Cave to open or anything of the sort), maybe there's something about human technology that's a bad thing for the PMD universe, considering there are human ruins in that world. Lots of interesting angles you can try here. *le nod*

I'm also really fascinated by your idea because you're in a prime position to explain why humans turn into Pokémon when crossing into the PMD universe, and that's ... something that I have honestly always wanted to see someone tackle.

Good luck!
    Last edited by JX Valentine; 1st December 2013 at 7:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhalanxSigil View Post

This idea fascinates me, I want to read it. A crossover with the main series and the PMD series is not common around the fandom, I want to see this shine!

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Hello there, I have some ideas I came up this month and I like to talk a little about it before I continue.

Caitlin just became an Elite Four member with Grimsley, Shauntal and Marshal in the Unova league. However that's 5 months ago; during her 5 months, she been having very intense visions. Though she doesn't know whose in her vision and who getting involve, so she want to keep it a secret. Until her fifth month.

Like I said, I just came it up this month and I didn't went far to the story yet. It may be a 4-part series plus side stories, though I don't know yet.

The story line was a little easy, but the title is giving me trouble. It either be Four Wishes: Dreams (For Caitlin) or Sweet and Sour Wish. I'll decide it when I finish it or vote by others.

I had a silly idea about a PMD fic. Long story short, it's basically based on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness. Except the protagonist is a Totodile, who's partner is a Shaymin. Oh it gets better, the storyline is almost the same as the one in the games, Except, it's not. First off, there's no time gears. The villains are completely different and the Temporal Tower is different as it's the lair of the main antagonist instead. The antagonist is trying to capture the heroes by sending out his underlings, A Weezing and a Ledian. And the heroes is trying to stop the antagonist from rulling the world yadda yadda yadda. Yeah, it may sound cliche but here's the best(or worse) part. The Totodile... happens to be Norman. Yeah, the gym leader Norman. Yeah.. It's a funny idea I had...

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

I had this idea or concept from a dream last night. Mostly a character driven story that had two brothers, two sisters, a crazy cult, growing a bond, and becoming a family at the end. I'm not sure if it should be it's own original stpry or be in a canon series with original characters. And I know I lack TV except Netflix and DVDs, because I don't know many series with a cop father raising his flesh and blood son and adopted son.

Default Just a thought

I have been very fond of creating my own Pokemon stories, lately I have the urge to actually go for it and write a story regarding what the anime goes through. Like just a main character traveling through the region and getting badges going to the league.

My idea would probably have 2 main characters traveling together and bonding. As being one would be male(whom the story is biased around) and a female companion that he meets and befriends. Of course it would be a more mature version than currently in the story arc of the Anime. But it will be family friendly, kind of like a teenage type deal. My thinking is 16-18~ traveling Unova or Kalos. Be a fun idea I'd think.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading something like that.
    I love Pokemon ever since I was like 10 I wanted to go into a Pokemon world, have fun and be HAPPY!

My dream team would have these.

Quote Originally Posted by talentedcoma View Post
    I have been very fond of creating my own Pokemon stories, lately I have the urge to actually go for it and write a story regarding what the anime goes through. Like just a main character traveling through the region and getting badges going to the league.

My idea would probably have 2 main characters traveling together and bonding. As being one would be male(whom the story is biased around) and a female companion that he meets and befriends. Of course it would be a more mature version than currently in the story arc of the Anime. But it will be family friendly, kind of like a teenage type deal. My thinking is 16-18~ traveling Unova or Kalos. Be a fun idea I'd think.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading something like that.
    First off, you posted this in the main Fan Fiction forum. As the forum's rules will tell you, the main forum is only for posting actual stories, not ideas. The Authors' Café subforum has a Fic Ideas thread meant specifically for this purpose. I've merged your thread into that thread for you, but please read the rules.

Anyway, what you're suggesting is not a new idea - it's been one of the biggest genres of Pokémon fanfiction, called trainer fics or journey fics (the precise definitions of those particular terms will vary somewhat depending on who you ask, but you've basically described the quintessential trainer/journey fic), basically since the dawn of the franchise. It's also one of the most popular genres, so yes, lots of people are interested in reading something like that, but be aware that it's been done, a lot - the mere idea of a couple of trainers traveling a region is unlikely to draw people to your fic in particular over all the other journey fics out there. I'd recommend reading some other journey fics to get an idea of what the genre is typically like and how you want your story to stand out.

Chapter 64: Hide and Seek
    The story of an ordinary boy on an impossible quest in a world that isn't as black and white as he always thought it was.
    (rough draft of the remaining chapters finished for NaNoWriMo; to be edited and posted)

Morphic
    (completed, plus silly extras)
    A few scientists get drunk and start fiddling with gene splicing. Ten years later, they're taking care of eight half-Pokémon kids, each freakier than the next, while a religious fanatic plots to murder them all.

Lengthy fanfiction reviewing guide / A more condensed version
    Read and I will be very happy for a large number of reasons.

Been awhile since I last posted here. And I'm got some ideas that need polishing.

An idea I presented awhile back was an Eevee who made a wish on a star and ended being turned human. The story would follow his adventures as a Pokemon in a human body. However, I keep hitting bumps on the idea because

A) I need a Pokemon capable for turning a Pokemon human. There should be, since humans apparently turn into Pokemon all the time. I was originally thinking Jirachi, since, ya know, wish granter and everything, but the little guy only comes out once every thousand years and isn't native to Uneva, the story's setting.

B) I kinda think it would be funny if Eevee made a wish, originally to never evolve, but the wish granting Pokemon misheard it and turned him into a human instead. However, how can you mishear, "I don't want to evolve?" and think it's, "I want to be human."? This idea is more optional, though, so I'm thinking of canning it if it doesn't work out.

C) If it wasn't be mishearing things, then why did Eevee turn into a human? I know I should be coming up with this, but I'm sorta drawing a blank since I'm relying on B to work. To teach Eevee a divine lesson? Because it was Eevee's true desire? Maybe in a fit of desperation, he hating being an Eevee and wished he were something else, even human? (Personally, this is my plan B if B (you can think of it as Plan A, even though it's question B) doesn't work.)

D) Pokemon companions. I had some discussion on this before, but I'm still working on who would tag along with Eevee. I'm thinking a Purrloin, being a human "savvy" character, a Zorua (from the event), who is also knowledgeable on human behavior, and a Victini (since he actually lives nearby on an island) who might be the one who will help Eevee attempt to turn back into human. Obviously, using a Legendary can be a bad idea, but I thought, if it's a Legendary who turned Eevee human, then it's a Legendary who can turn him back. But since Victini can't, he'll guide Eevee to a Pokemon who can.

Obviously this is a boatload that I'm asking for help with. This is a sorta anti-thesis to the Mystery Dungeon fics (not that I dislike them), since I've always wanted to see how a Pokemon would react to being human instead of vice versa. So I really want this idea to work smoothly.

Friend code: 2723 9192 8088

My Elite Four Team:
    ;Delphox;

Hello. Fics like this occasionally happen, but I can't think of many that involve a non-legend that isn't Ash's Pikachu in a bizarre humor or shipping fic.

As for ideas, well, humans don't evolve in the same sense that Pokemon do. That is a granted wish, just not at all in the sense that the Pokemon was expecting. If you subscribe to the "legendary Pokemon are physical gods" philosophy, probably any could do it. Otherwise, the classically powerful ones (Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, the creation trio, Arceus, Reshiram/Zekrom) are probably your best bets except Jirachi. Tying it into the "ideals" side of the Unova dichotomy could work to great effect if you set it there. The M3 Interpretation of Unown could also theoretically do something like a transformation, if you wanted to go a non-legend route. Even Deoxys could work from a mutation standpoint. Pick whatever you want, really. You can make it work.

I have few ideas for the rest that you couldn't get yourself and that would get too close to writing your fic for you for my tastes. I wish you luck on the endeavor, though. It seems interesting.

Well, at least selecting the Legendary is easier for me.

I think I'll definitely be using Reshiram/Zekrom as the wish granter. Since these two are a part of Uneva mythos, it would be more fitting. I'm keeping only to BW/BW2 verse.

Friend code: 2723 9192 8088

My Elite Four Team:
    ;Delphox;

For those of us who have played the X and Y games, you've probably noticed that Yveltal is noted in the pokedex as the destruction pokemon. I've recently considered doing a one shot dealing with the process of dying. Or more specifically, what types of things one would see while dying. The main character would go through a progression of experiences, or dreams. I had Dante's 9 circles of hell in mind when I thought of this idea. Each would get progressively more bizarre and terrifying, culminating in a confrontation with Yveltal.

However, this is where i'm having some difficulty: I've also thought about including as a subplot a family drama between the living relatives of the main character. Do you think a subplot of this nature would detract too much from the main story or would it add a layer of depth?

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

I'm sorry if I'm not helpful but I'm not an expert on anything that's not PMD as that's what I prefer to write... Plus, I'm still In-Training. Xd But I find the idea rather interesting. The subplot thing, I don't really know of it's a good idea or not. I'm not even sure if subplots are okay in the first place. But in my opinion, if it adds to the main plot, I think it'll help. But you can completely disregard my thoughts if they are completely wrong.

There's my two cents. Or, more appropriate for me, two centavos.

Credit to Astral Shadow

Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast