Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1460

Thread: Fic ideas V.2

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I too would be pretty interested in this. If you ever post this then I would give it a read too. Question though. How would they decide who uses Mega Evolutions and who doesn't? For example, how would they know the difference between someone who uses a Lucario versus someone who uses Mega Lucario?
    Well the thing is, they simply want to ban Mega Evolving. As in, they want things to be fair and equal like they were before Mega Evolutions.

So it doesn't really matter if the Lucario can Mega Evolve or not, the keystone and the Mega Stone should be banned because those are essential for a Pokémon to Mega Evolve. Without those, Lucario cannot Mega Evolve therefore it cannot gain the additional power-up that others find so unfair.

Basically, all trainers would have to remove the stones from their Pokémon at the time of the League or another competition, for example.

....and now, her story begins.

@Janovy: What would this "strange event" preventing evolution be? PMD much?

No matter how great the distance is between us… Even if we never meet again… Our hearts will always be together.
    I will always be with you even in spirit. Forever and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    @Janovy: What would this "strange event" preventing evolution be? PMD much?
    I have't come that far, haha, it's merely an idea.

Hmm, perhaps something linked to an Everstone? Also, only natural evolution would be prevented.

Evolution by stone or some other external source as well as Mega Evolution would still be possible.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I have't come that far, haha, it's merely an idea.

Hmm, perhaps something linked to an Everstone? Also, only natural evolution would be prevented.

Evolution by stone or some other external source as well as Mega Evolution would still be possible.
    So you mean there was an Everstone explosion that caused radiation or something?
    Last edited by Sunset Star; 26th September 2014 at 8:14 PM.

No matter how great the distance is between us… Even if we never meet again… Our hearts will always be together.
    I will always be with you even in spirit. Forever and ever.

So I was thinking of an idea to write a story about, and I came up with this (please tell me wheter it's something I can build on):

Two years after the events of Heartgold/Soul Silver, Gold has been invited to join the quailifiers of the International Pokemon Battle Cup (It kind of feels to me like every region is a country). Also invited to these qualifiers are Silver and an 'unknown' girl named Kris(from Crystal). During those qualifiers the Johto region falls victim to a series of floodings and earthquakes. It seems that team Aqua and team Magma are about to begin an all out war against each other. Both teams are manipulated into war by Giovanni who is secretly restarting a new team Rocket. One of Giovanni's first acts is to capture prof. Elm, and he threatens to kill him if the people of Johto don't give him Gold. Gold decides to give himself up, but before he can do so he is stopped by Leaf(Red's female counterpart) and brought to Pallet town. Prof. Oak has a plan to stop Giovanni. He assembles some of the best trainers in Johto and Kanto and unites them to fight Giovanni's newly formed team Rocket(I see his role as somesort of Prof Xavier of the X-men). The team is led by Blue and Leaf(who have a history of course) and consists of Leaf, Blue, Gold, Silver and Morty(Ecruteak city gym leader). They discover Giovanni is holding up in Olivine city, which he turned into a fortress(using the powers of his Pokémon). Whilst climbing the castle ,which has the lighthouse as it's centrepoint, Gold gets separeted from the group. He finds Giovanni on the upperfloor and challenges him. During the battle Gold is able to free prof. Elm, and sending him of with a flying type pokémon. However Gold loses the battle and falls down the tower seemingly dying, that is the moment the others reach the upperfloor only discovering that they have been betrayed by one of their own. I'll stop now so you don't discover the ending to this story arc already.

But is this something I can work with? something usefull?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoericfc View Post
    So I was thinking of an idea to write a story about, and I came up with this (please tell me wheter it's something I can build on):

Two years after the events of Heartgold/Soul Silver, Gold has been invited to join the quailifiers of the International Pokemon Battle Cup (It kind of feels to me like every region is a country). Also invited to these qualifiers are Silver and an 'unknown' girl named Kris(from Crystal). During those qualifiers the Johto region falls victim to a series of floodings and earthquakes. It seems that team Aqua and team Magma are about to begin an all out war against each other. Both teams are manipulated into war by Giovanni who is secretly restarting a new team Rocket. One of Giovanni's first acts is to capture prof. Elm, and he threatens to kill him if the people of Johto don't give him Gold. Gold decides to give himself up, but before he can do so he is stopped by Leaf(Red's female counterpart) and brought to Pallet town. Prof. Oak has a plan to stop Giovanni. He assembles some of the best trainers in Johto and Kanto and unites them to fight Giovanni's newly formed team Rocket(I see his role as somesort of Prof Xavier of the X-men). The team is led by Blue and Leaf(who have a history of course) and consists of Leaf, Blue, Gold, Silver and Morty(Ecruteak city gym leader). They discover Giovanni is holding up in Olivine city, which he turned into a fortress(using the powers of his Pokémon). Whilst climbing the castle ,which has the lighthouse as it's centrepoint, Gold gets separeted from the group. He finds Giovanni on the upperfloor and challenges him. During the battle Gold is able to free prof. Elm, and sending him of with a flying type pokémon. However Gold loses the battle and falls down the tower seemingly dying, that is the moment the others reach the upperfloor only discovering that they have been betrayed by one of their own. I'll stop now so you don't discover the ending to this story arc already.

But is this something I can work with? something usefull?

This seems like it could be a good. One problem with it, though, is that it might end up too much like just another journey fic for most of it, a problem you want to avoid.

I think Yoericfc's idea depends entirely on how he develops his characters.

Try developing Giovanni and use the canon to your advantage (e.g. why is he continuing with his plans after he failed--how did his failure change him, for better or for worse? What has his failures taught him?) while at the same time we need to know who Gold is. I mean Pokemon Battle Cup seems ehhhhh.

Also, we need to give Gold a reason to want to participate beyond "Being the Best!!" in my opinion. What does winning mean for Gold? Is there a rival opponent he wants to take down? Prize money? Sacred item (like a Rainbow Wing or a Master Ball?) or maybe he's doing it because he has information that terrorist are infiltration the tournament, and to keep public panic on the down low they want Gold to go in and find the terrorists and take them down or something. Makes sense especially if he's champion.

At the same time we need a develop cast of team / Gold. What are Gold's strengths and weaknesses? Note that writing a character similar to Ash (i.e. headstrong idiot trainer) is a turn off for some people because it's overdone. What makes Gold, Gold? And how does he differ from Leaf and Blue?

I think the Characters will drive this plot. Ultimately, develop a voice and what you "want to say" (or a theme, I suppose) and build upon it.

This is very evil organization driven plot, and therefore, I'd say that the Antagonists Drive The Plot here too. Really expand on Giovanni for us. Make him as humanly or inhumanly evil as possible and may he be a memorable one.

Also, Gold' flaws are going to need to be fleshed out and built up, SPECIFICALLY for the climax plot point (Gold vs. Giovanni) because his flaws (or maybe his team's flaws--they need to be fleshed out, too) need to be the reason for the battle's downfall.

We need to give Giovanni a reason, and we need to make him come off as a tyrant. We need to have him cross a Moral Horizon (or maybe you want him to terrorize but stumble on the Moral Horizon, depending on where you want to go with this).

Hope this helps?
    The Bonds Within
    [Summary: I have a confession to make: I hate my trainer.[One Shot]]

[Summary: You can only put off the inevitable for so long. Ash found out the hard way. [One Shot]]

Wow thank you!! All of that is insanely helpfull! This will be my first fanfic so I'm really curious to see how this will go

Hi guys, I have an idea though I'm not sure how it will pan out.

The story is a bit like PMD except that its based in a very large city. In a sense, this story hints that the Legendary pokemon are more like myths and legends yet several pokemon still follow them a bit like a religion of sorts. Because of this, it has sparked aggression between those that believes in certain Legendary pokemon with each other and those without (hint hint: In the story Legendary pokemon are real). Lately, aggression have been escalating ever since a natural disaster first occurred in over 150 years which sparked suspicion and speculation.

As for characters within the story, there is no 'true' good or 'true' evil, more like shades of gray as we follow various characters as they follow their own agendas or even convert some others and in a way will influence each other's decisions as the story goes on.

Still, I'm not sure how I would want to go about in this story. Should I make it 1st person based or 3rd person based? My other concern is that the story may end up being too big to manage and I would like to avoid it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3454-0782-1475

I have this idea you see.
    And I want it to be the best like no one's ever was.

All kidding aside, I've been attempting to form something that was a bit more....offbeat you can say. It takes place about seventy years after Ash (year 70AA haha...not really). Over time, people have become much more frightened of Pokémon (pó as they're now referred to as), and have even evacuated Hoenn and Sinnoh completely, building bubbles over their cities to protect themselves. Much of the story is set in the Kalos region. To travel now, everyone uses a teleportation system which our protagonist's father's company produces and "gym battles" are now huge events in a stadium, where there are "masters of elements", "stadium leaders" you face in front of a huge crowd, a bit gladiatorial, since trainers are much fewer, and train at highly specialized training grounds. Pokémon are bred tamed in the city limits, and everyone keeps one for protection (bought from trainers). Everything is rationed and distributed so that the city can be self sustaining.
    So there's a bit of background to the environment. As for the story line itself: it begins with Cara writing a letter to someone, but there's no background of their relationship or who they are. Simply, it says, "it's been quite awile since I've last written you. I'm sorry for that, my dear friend." Okay, so you know they're close. We'll get to that in a moment. A friend visits and the world become unveiled, with her friend (Vikki, a dark-type "stadium leader", who Cara knows because her husband designs technology at, now, Cara's company) remarking on Cara's (foolish) bravery of staying in her parent's old house in the "countryside". She continues making comments of how dangerous it was to travel there (in a tank like vehicle, have you). She convinces Cara to come to the city for "Ash day", a huge festival every year which his grandson (obviously) funds. His grandson is now one of the "mayors" or whatnot of the city. Young and foolish and too rich for his own good, namely. When Cara visits Lumiose for Ash day, she is coerced into registering to compete in the annual tournaments to "live a little" and "have a bit of fun while in the city". Since her family name is widely recognized, she registers as "X" (idk, I love playing as trainer X in the games; it sounds BA). She shocks everyone by demolishing every trainer (since no one knows of her, they think she's rigged it), so Ash's grandson, who HAS met her (discussing business) steps up to face her to help her save face. Epic battle, fun, fun. It's not going to center around this at all. I just want to give Cara a bit of ethos as to why she'd be chosen to perform in an epic task, and to show how shoddy training has become; more of a game of chess with complete detachment from their Pokemon.
    I figured that there was a war that broke out again between people and Pokemon because of the cruelties of evil teams, such as Team Rocket, etc., which would explain how the protagonist's parents died. This, as well as the general dangers there are of living in a Pokemon world would build up to people over time trying to move to bigger cities, and leaving their towns and cities that were located a bit farther out. Pokemon didn't necessarily become more dangerous than they had been in the past (she knows this by still living outside the city), but paranoia had taken over, both against Pokemon and criminals (I have an infomercial that plays every hour written out, telling citizens that they are safest in the dome, and that a team of specialized alakazam keeps tabs on the thoughts an motives of everyone in the city). As technology advanced, they learned how to create a "forcefield" of sorts to cover each major city. Technology no longer functions correctly after a certain distance, in order to control for evildoers and prevent another war. This way, everything can be heavily watched by "big brother" in the city. And the fear of wild Po is HUGE.
    The main portion of the story will focus on their need to shut down a huge nuclear facility that was built in response to the war, so that people were no longer dependent on Pokemon to power their facilities. I have that she begins having reoccurring dreams where she is visited by legendaries who seem a bit panicked. One day, she wakes up to hundreds of xatu filling her yard. She meets with the city government and Ash's grandson, as well as a team of the champions to plan to embark on what xatu predicts to be roughly a month's journey. Within the first few hours, the team is scared off, having never left the dome, and it's just her and his grandson. No romantic stuff. The journey is filled with learning and Pokemon encounters; most notably, Celebi bringing Cara back to a day where she gets to see her sister again. The route is mapped out through Kalos, Johto, Hoenn, and finally, Sinnoh. I have a few events planned along the way, so I'm most certainly open to suggestions (it's going to be fun writing about each city being completely abandoned and desolate). Just not too much with legendaries. I feel they're a bit overused, and I've put plenty of cameos in already. I like anticlimatic endings; so I'm thinking, nothing changes in trust towards Pokemon, and she doesn't find her sister haha. Though, they are able to shut down the plant (with the sacrifice of Xatu, who plays a bigger role than I'll give way to here....need to leave something to mystery!).

The characters themselves? (I'll try to wrap this up quickly). Cara Steele: when she was young, she was witness to her parents dieing trying to battle Pokemon invading their property during the war times. Her twin sister, Mia, runs off into the woods never to be seen again. This is what's kept her living at the estate, waiting for her sister's return, although the once incredible house is nearly reduced to shambles. She now owns her father's company, one that used to be Silph co, Poketech, and Devon Goods (merged over time into a monopoly), so she can be considered one of the richest people in the world. Yet, she cares less about having the money and is detached from humanity. Her transformation will be giving up on finding her sister.
    Ash's grandson....because I'm terrible at naming (ideas?): A little cocky, but has some insecurities abot never actually living up to his grandfather's legacy. This is why he is so motivated to actually do something. There's no dispute that he's the best champion in the city, either, which is why he is a suitable companion.
    Vikki: namely a foil character to show how even one of the braver trainers, willing to leave the city is incredibly scared of wild Po.
    Last edited by Kailin; 20th October 2014 at 3:50 AM. Reason: Grammar

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859