Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Pokemon was never invented...

I would probably latch onto anime a lot slower than with Pokemon. Pokemon kinda introduced me to the anime realm. That and I would probably more of, well, a normal girl. Whatever normal means that is.
    Betelgueseshipper for life Yo!

Personality-wise, probably not that much different that now. Video games in general made me miss out on a lot of stuff, and looking back, I'm starting to regret it.

But yeah, in general, I'd probably be pretty much the same.
    THE
    END...?

I'll just watch other animes
    and hang out with my friends more
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I would have gotten new friends from the get-go back in elementary school.
    Now I would probably be on the volleyball or Cross Country team.
    Probably less literate.

this is a very depressing thread lol...

Use Swag Bucks to earn some cool Pokemon Prizes ^_^

yeah, they should adopt a new slogan:-

"Pokemon, turning your kids antisocial since 1996"

lol

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig

^^^ LOL so right

I would have been an all Mario fan. I only had Mario and DK games on the GBA. And I actually learn stuff from Pokemon. So mostly the same except I would be posting on a Mario Forum
    "You don't have to do anything at any time"
    Inspiring words by yours truly...
    #Gecko#

Quote Originally Posted by #Gecko# View Post
    ^^^ LOL so right

I would have been an all Mario fan. I only had Mario and DK games on the GBA. And I actually learn stuff from Pokemon. So mostly the same except I would be posting on a Mario Forum
    I hate Mario...

I might not have a friend. Plus I am the one who brought Pokemon into my friend's life. I really dunno. I just dont really want to think how my life would be differant.
    Looking for Lugia and Ho-oh Celebi and SHINY Rayquaza

I can Offer Deoxys and Kanto, Johto, Hoenn Starters.
    PM me with offers
    Diamond Friend Code 2964 8978 0544

If Pokemon never exsisted i'd probably be stuck playing something lame, like world of warcraft or Call of duty. I would most likely be a totally different person now if this was the case, and there would be no Charizard and everyone knows life is pointless without their favourite pokemon .
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

Lol at the slogan. I might sig that but I have to go to bed now.
    Well anyway. There would be no Shinx so my life would be a desolate, dry, soulless thing but I would probably have more friends but no source of joy.
    I wouldn't be looking forward to a new game coming out in just a bit over 32 days and I would probably play other Wii games and DS games instead.
    Oh and I would buy a DSi
    This is Bidoof. Everybody hates him for no reason.If you agree that Bidoof should be treated with respect then copy and paste this into your sig (started by surfer treecko)

Quote Originally Posted by Bell56 View Post
    I find it weird that Steel types are weak to Fighting types. I mean the last time that I punched or kicked something metal it hurt really bad and the object received no damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrmagius View Post
    "Pokemon, turning your kids antisocial since 1996"

i would defoinatly not be the same. i met my best friend because of pokemon, and i would not have anything to daydream about in mathclass. also there would be no luxio, staraptor, lucario, empoleon, charizard or torterria to be my team! i would also be waiting for the next super mario bros game to come out, and be more of a tv person, (which i am not now. im into computer and ds)

if pokemon ended i would be so mad cuz iam a pokemaster and i would not realy be a gamer and i would play more zelda cuz thats my 2nd fav but if niether wore invented that would suck

If pokemon never existed, my life would be changed dramatically. I played pokemon in my toddler years (pokemon yellow my first video game ever), which started my video game addictiveness. Anyways, I'd have an improved social life, better grades(they're good enough, but without pokemon they'd be all A's),not be much of a fan of Nintendo (pokemon was my very first Nintendo game), more of a reader, still have the same amount of real-life friends (I'd lose some of my best ones though), not be on the computer as much as I am right now, and I would never need glasses (I needed them at the age of 5). Sounds like my life would be better (and it would), but pokemon was made for me. (If you know what I mean. Pokemon made me very unique.)
    Last edited by nintinedofan; 20th April 2009 at 4:03 AM. Reason: blame my tratior, the computer!XD(It's not acting as well as it used to be.)
    Under re-construction

My very first game was pokemon red so i might not even like video games if pokemon wasnt invented! (shudders)

Probably have more of a life...

Pokemon's great though, i learned to read from the games.

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

You guys are sooooooo dramatizing these assumed positive effects a lack of Pokemon would have on your lives. It's a video game. Not playing it isn't going to drastically remold your entire social and academic situation, you loons. XD

I'd have fallen deep into depression and hopelessness without Pokemon. Well, perhaps that's dramatic, too... What I mean is that I used Pokemon as a support system during the difficult years of my life. It saved me from a more intense state of lunacy than that which I'm in now. =P

Also, contrary to what many of you are claiming of a gamer, Pokemon opened me up and made me more active, more social, and earned me dozens upon dozens, if not hundreds, of more friends. Anyone who thinks they'd lose a friend if that friend knew they played Pokemon either has TERRIBLE taste in friends, or is a coward to begin with.

Oh, and without Pokemon, nothing would have filled that void. There are similar things out there, but nothing with the same qualities as Pokemon. I might still be interested in Legend of Zelda games, but that'd be the whole of it. u_u

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

...well now...
    In fifth grade I would not have joined that pokemon forum which sucked away a year of my life before I woke up and realised that this forum wasn't helping me with my life - it was ruining it. Said forum had me addicted, and my computer screen had actually been messed up. I am chemically unable to tan until 2010 on my face, arms and neck. Oh, and nowadays I wear glasses. Well, technically contacts. This forum (meaning NSider) also comepletely messed me up with soccer, as I practiced less and ate more. I am currently struggling with weight, though I am happy I'm winning the war. (Before the forum? 80 lb. After? 200. Now a days I'm 130 pounds, which is average :]) and yeah, I know, I'm on another pokemon forum, but I was on NSider atleast 8 hours daily. I try and limit computer time for this forum to one to two hours a day. Not great but it helps my gaming and my... need ... for being on a computer. It justs pleases me ._.
    Wow re-reading that makes me wanna break my pokemon game -.-

But on the bright side, while on the forum I was happy, even if it was killing me physically. I made two best friends -though in the long run me and one hate each other and i haven't talked to zach in forever (course moving twice didn't help at all)-. It's given me something to do on a rainy day after my comp. hours and when I'm just plain moody I torture my electrical rat :aware:.
    OH EM GEE!!!
    GS REMAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Trys to look cool*
    Not like I'm... excited or something

Default Overdramatic

Pokemon is a great game, but if you are one of those people who are overdramatic about not being able to live without it, thats just plain sad!

If Pokemon was never created there would be one less good video game/ childrens show I would have played/watched. Pokemon really hasn't ad much of an impact on my life at all.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Truthfully, I probably wouldn't be as fat if it weren't for pokemon. I'd be more like a normal teenage girl, wanting to go to the mall instead of wanting to SR for that shiny charizard. Lol, i'm not complaining though. Pokemon>no pokemon, for me.
    Crazed Linkin Park fan
    8D

I probably would never get into RPG's, personally, Pokemon the only thing that really keeps me connected to RPG's.

Pokemon was the only reason I got a gameboy color back in middle school (for pokemon yellow version). Would never have bothered to get a sp and a ds without pokemon. As for the watching the shows my focus would just shift back to anime (still watch anime but not as much now).
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

id never meet my best freind, nor be famous at school(for beating everyone there)My life would never be the same......

How could anyone even suggest this. Put basically, if pokemon were never inventeed then the world would have ended at trhe turn of the century and my life would not have been as fulfilling as it is at the moment. I would spend all my study periods doing work of all things and I would be actually talking to randoms on the bus as apposed to doing something constructive. Also i would have no topic for my personal interest project either.

I dunno, I guess I wouldn't be coming here and my club would have never existed, which has helped alot of members in the years. Sure it could have been recreated in Buffyforums or uh.... Well I don't remeber any other forums I visited to at the time I came here. I don't think it would be much effect besides that I wouldn't have the dvds, cards or games.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast