Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pokemon you're most Proud of?

My Vileplume, all the way from LG, to Platinum it's been great having it, and I used to hate them but I've really warmed up to this one ^^

I'm proud of my Shiny Meowth, the first shiny I ever caught on Silver which made an awesome Shiny Persian on my team.

And my Mightyena, Wolf, who has won many battles in Pearl and Battle Revolution ^_^
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

[Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

I'm proud of my Blastoise from LG. He kicked a** in my LG and now he does it in my Pearl version and he's been my favorite pokemon since pokemon first came out.
    My Future Soul Silver Team

I DO use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, I don't care about natures, and I don't even play online. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar, edited by Shadow Gamer)

I take pride in my Breloom and Sharpedo, especially when they're together as a double-battle team. They're not the best Pokemon in the world, but they've been great so far ^^

Female lv 52 Shiny Sharpedo (Rash nature) and Female lv 52 Shiny Breloom (Jolly nature) : D I think Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark are a great combo for double battles, at least that's what it seems like ^^ Even though both of those Pokemon really focus more on speed and attack than they do defense, so it's easy to knock them out : /

:.Click da pick for Xerxes' profile.:

:.Artwork By Me.:

my japanese movie arceus, it took me some time to arrange.

My Scizor "Sharpsycle"
    Owned Pink Skitty. :3

There's a flame that leads our souls astray
    No one's safe from its tender touch of pain

And every day it's looking for new slaves
    To celebrate the beauty of the grave

We are like the living dead
    Sacrificing all we have

For a frozen heart and a soul on fire
    We are like the living dead

Craving for deliverance
    With a frozen heart and a soul on fire

-- SPC --
    -- Last.Fm --
    -- Pair/Credit --

My Electivire. It has won me so many battles in the battle frontier in Platinum.

My Hitmontop's nickname, hitmonoris, is so awesome. I mean, think about it. It beats people up by roundhouse kicking them from an odd position. Chuck all the way!
    FC: 0817 9710 4649
    PBR FC:1676-9682-9600
    Radioactive Umbreon!

I'd have to say my most cherished Pokemon is my "Swampufett". It's a Swampert I started that is on my Platinum game now, but the original Pokemon was bread from was on my Ruby version. Here are the steps I used to get it...

1) I bread first (on Ruby) for a female Mudkip, and when I finally got one, I bread it with a male Corsola to give it the egg move Mirror Coat (This Mudkip was male).

2) I then traded it to my Leaf Green version, and tutored it the move Counter.

3) I traded it, yet again, via Pal Park to my Platinum version, and IV Bread for flawless IV's in HP, Atk, and Speed, and an Adamant nature.

4) When I got this far, I then tutored Ice Punch onto it, as well (It also knows the move Eartquake).

So I now have a Swampert with Counter, Mirror Coat, Earthquake, and Ice Punch. 252 EV's in Atk and HP, with the leftover EV's in Speed, and flawless IV's in HP, Atk, and Speed. It is "Swampuffett". It's a basically a Wobbuffette that has attack moves.

A close second would be a Togekiss I have. I got it originally from my Leaf Green as an egg from the guy from the Sevii Isles. It was random. Without soft resetting, I got a Modest nature, Serene Grace ability, and IV's of no less than 20 in any stat. At that time I had not used the tutor for Softboiled yet, so I tutored it onto what was at that time, still a Togepi.

It is now your basic "FlinchKiss" set, but with Softboiled > Roost.

And third would be my neutral nature (wish it was Adamant or Brave) Snorlax. It's from Pokemon XD originally, and knows both Counter, and Selfdestruct.

I always appriciate the ones that stand the test of time the most, and still can be competitive.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 24th August 2009 at 4:48 PM.

My first ever Pokemon, EEVEE!! My first ever Pokemon game was XD and I NEVER ( yes never... ) evolved the lovable thing!! Now, it's my highest leveled ( other than a LV 100 Metagross from the GTS ) Pokemon I have ( until I get it a bunch of mine to LV 100 )!! My second most proud of would have to be... my... FLAREON!! So many wins and memories... Now I just have to wait for Game Freak to get Flareon to learn Flare Bllitz... =____= Sure it doesn't have the best nature and everything but its just so... Awesome!! After that would have to be my Venasaur from LG and all my other Eeveelutions.
    " The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer somebody else up. "
    .:~Mark Twain~:.

Diamond : 2149~6803~4409 ( For trading Eevees with various egg moves and more )

SoulSilver : 1248~0973~4842 ( For battles and MORE Eevees )

A Charizard my friend from where I used to live gave me.

Two things.
    1. Soft Resetting doesn't work on hatching eggs. Though that was a very nice Togepi.
    2. The main reason Wob is an uber is because of its ability combined with Counter and Mirror Coat. It's the ultimate revenge killer, and will guarantee you a free turn with Encore if they decide to lock themselves on something that doesn't do battle damage. That being said, that's an interesting Swampert set. I like it, very nervewracking for the opponent I'd imagine.
    0000 9787 0382

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Two things.
    1. Soft Resetting doesn't work on hatching eggs. Though that was a very nice Togepi.
    2. The main reason Wob is an uber is because of its ability combined with Counter and Mirror Coat. It's the ultimate revenge killer, and will guarantee you a free turn with Encore if they decide to lock themselves on something that doesn't do battle damage. That being said, that's an interesting Swampert set. I like it, very nervewracking for the opponent I'd imagine.
    About the Togepi, it says (and I quote) "It was random. Without soft resetting". Had I said I SR'd though, it does, in fact, work.

What you have to do is save right in front of whoever gives you the egg. It won't matter if it is at the Day Care Man, or an in-game trainer. Both will work. You then hatch the egg. If it isn't what you want, soft reset, then recieve the egg again. It does take the patience of hatching the egg over and over, but it does work. Every time.

About the Swampert. I run this also with a Focus Sash, just in case of Grass Knot/Energy Ball/ HP Grass.

I've also considered playing this exact same set with Quagsire (for UU). Haven't gotten around to bthering with it though. Shouldn't be hard to do though. It can breed with my male Swampert that already has the same moveset. I'll be proud of it, as well...Especially running it with "Damp" ability, so I can switch in on the occassional Explosion safely.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 25th August 2009 at 3:40 PM.

My shiny Cresselia. Although it is not my first shiny, but I spent a lot of time hunting for a shiny one ;P
    Sexy as ever!

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    What you have to do is save right in front of whoever gives you the egg. It won't matter if it is at the Day Care Man, or an in-game trainer. Both will work. You then hatch the egg. If it isn't what you want, soft reset, then recieve the egg again. It does take the patience of hatching the egg over and over, but it does work. Every time.
    It doesn't work with the Day-Care man (the IVs will change, but not nature, gender and shininess), but it does work perfectly with NPCs, such as Riley.

1337pie and 1337karp by BynineB
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms
    well ican use ice punch O_o

Weird brown spinning thing made by this guy

Spoiler:- oh no:
    I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by JosJuice View Post
    It doesn't work with the Day-Care man (the IVs will change, but not nature, gender and shininess), but it does work perfectly with NPCs, such as Riley.
    Actually, you can SR for nature with the Day Care Man.

What you have to do is...

1) Save in front of the day care man when he is offeing you an egg.

2) Pick up an egg from the day care man after the save has completed.

3) Wait for the day care man to be ready to offer you another egg.

4) Save the game.

5) Hatch the original egg.

6) Check it's nature, if it is not correct, get the new egg gfrom the day care man.

7) Hatch it.

8) Check the nature. If it is not corret, soft rest the game.

This works because though an eggs nature is decided at the day care when the egg is produced, if you have an unhatced egg in your party when the new egg is roduced, the new egg will not have it's nature set until it is either actually recieved, or the first egg was hatched.

This is a pain in the butt to do, and hardly worth a players time, but it does work. This info actually can be found on both Smogon, and Bulbapedia.

My Weavile on Platinum
    Caught in diamond and has sereved my well in all games it been involved in
    Lvl 75

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

This works because though an eggs nature is decided at the day care when the egg is produced, if you have an unhatced egg in your party when the new egg is roduced, the new egg will not have it's nature set until it is either actually recieved, or the first egg was hatched.
    But that makes no sense... The PID of the Daycare egg is determined without depending on eggs in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksteelix900 (In thread "What does the bottom half of Diglett/Dugtrio look like?") View Post
    probably a laod of darkrai clinging on followed by millions of steelix and sceptiles and richus AND BATTLE TOWERS AND GROUDONS AND WAILORDS AND SKITTYS (LOL) AND AND ANND!!!!! a wooper

eh iv got no arms

I claimed Magikarp in the Official Claim a Pokémon Thread (but it's the old thread so I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by JosJuice View Post
    But that makes no sense... The PID of the Daycare egg is determined without depending on eggs in the party.
    Even Smogon agrees with me on this one. Look it up.
    Last edited by James Bondage; 25th August 2009 at 10:39 PM.

I love my Lv. 100 Quilava. Yes, I'm obsessed...

-----------
    Yup, I'm a Christian.

My most prized Pokemon is a Modest Mismagius with 31 IV's in both Defense and Special Attack. The other IV's are high too-- It has nothing under 20.

It may not be my favorite Pokemon, but in terms of its ability (meaning, IV's) Its my best Pokemon. It has helped me win a lot of battles and eventually joined my Lv100 list. No wonder why I like this Mismagius so much...
    Last edited by TheMagician; 25th August 2009 at 10:47 PM.

Even Smogon agrees with me on this one. Look it up.
    I haven't ever seen anything like that on Smogon, and I couldn't find it by looking. Do you have a link?

eh iv got no arms

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456