Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

ambipom is one of my favorite pokemon !!, cant believe its happeningg :'( .
    goodbye ambipom, ill miss youu </3 .

ps: this episode could be called "Ping Pong Ambipom"

Quote Originally Posted by twilightcutie View Post

Thankfully, unlike the DUB, the original episodes don't bother with pointless puns.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Pok&#233;mon PingPong Competition! Ambipom Perseveres!!

After the recent Pok&#233;mon Contest in Tatsuami Town, Ash, Barry, Dawn & Jessie all decide to enter the Pok&#233;mon Ping-Pong Competition with Pikachu, Empoleon, Ambipom & Meowth respectively. However, when the master of Pok&#233;mon Ping-Pong arrives, the gang soon find that their task is not going to be easy. Who will win the competition?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

How did we not see the monkey, which once had a hat obsession, be released?!

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    A main pokemon is gone from the second main characters team !!!! no way at all a ******* filler

and Mamoswine doesn't even listen to Dawn i don't think dat ep a while back didn't actually prove anything

I liked the episode i have to say nd da fact Ambipom is gone is kinda good like all of her pokemon hers nd not from another region
    yeah he do, watch the show
    Last edited by Kiori; 3rd September 2009 at 8:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    Thankfully, unlike the DUB, the original episodes don't bother with pointless puns.
    Puns rock.

I think this is the most random and ridiculous idea for an episode ever.

I love it! :'D

Dream Team

finally we'll see someone besides ambipom appealing for contests

For the last two contests it's been Buneary that did the appeals

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by ijea4444 View Post
    I don't think "To thine own Pokemon be true!" is that pointless.

I'm glad Ambipom's leaving. First of all, I don't like it that much and second of all, this gives Dawn's other pokémon (especially Mamoswine) a chance to shine.
    Please click my Pokés!

Didn't work, did it?

Dashing, what on earth are you talking about leaving ampibom is not good its terrible this is just like Misty getting rid of Staryu or May getting rid of Beatifly.
    These are my top 8 pokemon:

I am peed off at Dawn giving away Ambipom, I predict that we will never see him again, like they did to Ash's Primeape a long time ago, I mean, when Ash gave away Charazard, we saw him in later episodes, Squirtle and Bulbasaur did the same, and so did most of the other Pokemon Ash has at Oaks, but we never saw from Primeape ever again, and it looks like it will be the same for Ambipom as with what happend to Primeape

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Ambipom was always very self choiced pokemon since the beginning. First it loved contests, so it was traded to Dawn, now it was let go because it liked ping pong. That's why I never liked the thing in the first place.

My ideal battle ever!

It finally happened, Ambipom has left the show. Thank goodness because Ambipom ruined Aipom for getting an evolution, which is uncalled for because Aipom is a Stand Alone Pokemon, and Stand Alone are more special and powerful than Fully Evolved Pokemon. Now we need an episode of Ash's Gliscor leaving the show.

Every Pokemon is a standalone Pokemon unless/until it has an evolution, and getting rid of Ambipom doesn't change the fact that it was still made in the first place.

Anyway, does anyone know if where that BGM came from during the flashback scene? Like, if it was from a movie or anything?
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

My notes on today's episode:

Looks like O's name is the same in the dub. That's good I guess.

Ambipom definitely is a good pingpong player, so Im no suprised.

During the final round, pretty nice of Ambipom to cover dawn's position when her ping pong handle broke.

Nice to see a flashback scene for Aipom/Ambipom back from the first episode and her evolution. Just too bad there weren't a lot of dramatic scenes. Just one with Dawn not knowing where Ambipom is. But that's it.

Looks like Ambipom decided between Contests, PingPong, Dawn and Ash; hats specifically. And... she choose Ping Pong.

Good thing that Ash and Brock were lightened to see that O and Ambipom will be Vermillion city, and mentioning they can go there anytime. Let's just hope they do.

I'm going to miss Ambipom, but good luck on her new dream. <3

Ash's Aipom/Dawn's Ambipom ~ (July 8, 2006) December 7, 2006 - (April 23, 2009) September 12, 2009

Goodbye Ambipom, also my favorite Pokemon.
    Last edited by the1stpkmnfan; 12th September 2009 at 3:40 PM.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Every Pokemon is a standalone Pokemon unless/until it has an evolution, and getting rid of Ambipom doesn't change the fact that it was still made in the first place.
    But I don't want an Evolved Form of a previous gen Stand Alone Pokemon to be one of the main characters of the show, but that's just me.

Awww No More Ambipom the writers have lost there minds getting rid of her she was probably the best pokemon on dawns team it was strong and fast mamos just fast and fat.

Goodbye ambipom,.goodluck....

good episode here. I was expecting Dawn to cry but nope :P

I like how people get mad and call Dawn/ash/anyone dumb for giving a pokemon away... Do any of you pay attention to the show at all any? and if you have to ask what doI mean.. then the answer is obvious..
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 12th September 2009 at 3:49 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I ended up watching this on my HDTV this morning, and I gotta say I really liked the high-def look.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, kinda sad to see Ambipom go, I thought it was cute.

I heard that if you catch all 493 Pokemon, surf along the edge of Cinnibar Island, and then talk to Professor Oak, Lucas and Dawn totally do it.
    This page best viewed with

Great episode! Ambipom was amazing! I can tell that the writers did not just pull Vermillion City out of their asses. Vermillion City does have a boat and both Ash and Brock live in the Kanto Region, where Ambipom is. Sad to see Ash lost in the first round. In competitions, when ever he has the chance, he never battles Dawn because he always loses the round before. Same thing happened in the Wallace Cup. Probably because Ash would beat Dawn.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I like how people get mad and call Dawn/ash/anyone dumb for giving a pokemon away... Do any of you pay attention to the show at all any?
    Nope, during commercial breaks, I watch Punch Out!! videos to relieve myself to hear the fighters' voices after hearing the anime's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Anyway, does anyone know if where that BGM came from during the flashback scene? Like, if it was from a movie or anything?
    You mean when it was showing all the scenes of Aipom/Ambipom? It sounds like it came from the Movie 9 soundtrack. It had the same choral style as much of the other music from the movie, as well as the background.

As for me, I was surprised when I first found out that Ambipom was leaving. However, unlike others who are extremely ****** off about it, I'm not. I mean, yes, it would've been nice to have her stick around with the Contests and all. However, you also must remember that Ambipom had just discovered something new that she was enjoying. As well, she was being commended by a top player. Ambipom has already done a lot in this saga. I mean, she took part in three Gym battles (two with Ash, one with Dawn), four Contests (two of which resulted ultimately in a Dawn win), as well as being traded and evolving. That's a lot more focus than people are realizing.

As well, I see a big difference between this and the Ash/Primeape release episode. For one, Primeape won the competition it entered, even though it should have not done that well, given lack of experience and the opponents. Dawn and Ambipom got far, but they lost. Ambipom leaving is trying to fulfill potential that is seen within her. Primeape left because it was already the champion, and really couldn't stick around with Ash.

For me, I think that it was something that the writers could have avoided doing, but it's not something that I'm majorly upset about.

As for the episode itself, I found it quite entertaining. Of course, they did add much for dramatic effect (flaming ping pong balls and breaking paddles), but it was nothing too bad. There were a few amusing moments, such as Brock and James interactions and Ash grabbing a fan. However, this was about Dawn and Ambipom, as it should be. I find that it was a much better episode than people are giving it credit for.
    Last edited by PokemonHero; 12th September 2009 at 4:10 PM.

Now being reposted!

-Oh Dawn, you silly girl. How could you not know about ping-pong? :P
    -Why is it that when James wears that disguise, he and Brock get along so well? Seriously, that's just hilarious, especially the scene with them being shoulder-to-shoulder.
    -Good job to Dawn and Ambipom for making it so far. I'm so proud of them both!
    -Why are Barry's facial expressions always so hilarious?
    -Ambipom...I'm gonna miss you so much, but good luck. Hope to see you again someday!

All in all, minus the ending, I thought this was fine. 3.5/5 stars. Now...onto the Cherubi and Candice!

I claimed Skarmory!

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

i just love it, its just saddd
    Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono
    I actually find people who don't like the tiering system don't fully understand it.
    ^^Exactly^^

Quote Originally Posted by Drifblim25
    Abomasnow Lv100 @Icy Rock
    ^^Epic Win^^

Great episode, but it was so stupid when Ambipom was juggling.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast