Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

This episode dissapointed me. To me, it seems that Ambipom didn't even leave for a good reason. Ping pong? Seriouisly? That monkey has been doing contests and battles throughout Sinnoh and it decides to leave for something that its liked for, what, two episodes? Plus, yet again, one of the main characters gave a Pokemon to a total stranger. Remember Ash and Primape? Those writers really seem to hate monkeys...

But thats not all. It also seems stupid that the writers have spent so much time developing that pokemon to just throw it away like this. Ambipom has been there a while, and now its gone just like that! Not to mention, Dawn gave up her strongest Pokemon. Sure, Mamoswines strong, but its had alot less training. But, like others have said, she will likely catch and evolve other Pokemon to compensate. Still, Ambipom shall be missed by this fan.

Not only that, but yet again, Hikari's been getting encouragement from people outside our Merry Band of Idiots. Nazomi, Jun, Ou...what's next, is she gonna take Trainer Advice from a bum who fights with Wingull for his daily meals?

This is definitely the biggest load of bull the writers pulled out of nowhere in a long time.

This release didn't really make any sense. Usually each release benefits the Pokemon in some way, (Butterfree fell in love, Lapras was reunited with its family), but this love for ping pong came out of virtually nowhere.

This Pokemon went through a trade and all that development to be a contest Pokemon, and then it gives it all up in the span of one episode.

In all seriousness this is the first thing in DP that has really bothered me. I suppose we'll care less as the series progressed, but right now it's the most moronic thing the writers have done in recent years.

yeah i agree

It didn't really make any sense. Ambipom just realized that she loved pingpong contest in just 1 DAY compared to the past contest she entered which is many times,I mean what the hell is going with the writers...

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post

... Buizel, I hope you realize it is your fault with your ugly face.
    For once, I actually agree with you. This is ALL Buizel's fault! >:[
    Stupid thing having to become Ash's water type!

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Oh, god, why the hell am I never on to see forum breakdowns like this?

Electivirus, there space in that shelter for me?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

I loved Aipom with Ash, it was such a great Pokémon with a great personality, but when it was traded to Dawn and evolved, its personality faded away and so I thought, it wouldn't be that bad if it goes away. But then there was the scene where it has to choose between contests and Ping Pong. Then it just took the capsule ball, the Ping Pong ball, Ash's and Dawn's hat, and juggled with it. I loved that scene! The playful monkey, like in Aipom times. And it didn't forget that Ash was its trainer, it said goodbye to both of them simultaneously.

Now I really miss it and I hope it will become a Charizard and not a Primeape.

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

well it was obvious that she would have not kelp two normal type pokemons on her party.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 24th April 2009 at 3:21 PM.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Oh that Ambipom. Switching trainers at the drop of a hat. Why, I tells ya, a year from now that ping-pong feller will take Ambipom near a juggling competition, and that monkey will fall in love with it and leave him for some other new fella. And then Ambipom'll leave that fella for a fella that does tightrope walking, and then she'll leave that fella for a fella who's involved with volleyball.

I'd like to say that I'm as outraged about this as the rest of you, but to be honest...I really didn't give a sheite about the monkey anymore. Yeah, the way they handled the release was lame, but it's hard to get worked up about it when Ambipom's as uninteresting as Buneary to me.

As for the rest:
    -Why am I not surprised that they had to explain how ping pong worked?
    -A ping-pong ball hit so hard it caught on fire? A random passerby who catches it with his bare hand? I'm not accidently watching one of those lame sport animes, am I? (well, aside from the fact that this episode is an episode where the viewer is essentially doing the most boring activity on earth:Watching other people play sports)
    -I spy a girl with a Grovyle in that bracket!
    -James looks right proper today. And what's with him and Brock always getting along so well when James is in disguise in the stands, hrm?
    -That. That is the worst trophy that will ever be conceieved.
    -Ash is really nervous about playing a simple game where you hit a ball with a paddle.
    -Sometimes I think I pick really boring things to comment about. Then I remember that this episode is about fucking ping pong. Watching people/Pokemon hit a small ball back and forth across a table is SO EXCITING that I just can't do it justice in commentary.
    -Drama! Alakazam hits the ball hard! Suspence! The ball bounces off the table! Excitement! Ambipom hits the ball!
    -The writers avoid showing us the incredible drama and pathos of most of the tournement, sadly enough.
    -The champ person(YEAH HE'S THE BEST AT PING PONG THAT IS SO AWESOME) sees great talent in Ambipom. It's like having the dream of being a doctor but some dude goes "hey you're good at stocking shelves" so you become a shelf stocker at Wal-mart.
    -Jun loses. The episode loses...well okay, it's already lost all worth simply by being an episode about ping-pong.
    -Relax Dawn! That guy's just one of the best at hitting balls across tables! No sweat!
    -Ambipom carries the match by itself. You know your sport sucks when it's simple enough that a monkey can do it.
    -Apparently Ambipom got injured during the ping-pong match? What, did it get tennis ping-pong elbow?
    -"Well my monkey was going to be a famous contest Pokemon...okay I'll consider having it be a champ in a sport nobody cares about"
    -Oh sure, Ambipom likes ping pong now, but like a small child, when it's forced to do rigorous training it'll quickly hate it and just wanna do contests again. Or it'll just plain lose interest when it's not shiny and new anymore.
    -"Hi I came to ship my monkey off to get burnt out trying to become great at a sport people care about even less than they do golf"
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Well.......

with Ambipom gone it leaves Dawn to try and get stonger, better and more fan-loved poke'mon (someones got to take up the 5th slot)

to tell you the truth though, I never really liked Ambipom *ducks and covers*
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Also, Evil-train-dude is easily 4th or 5th on the list of greatest things ever.
    Agreed, but only on the count of it being a Zelda Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisasam View Post
    I loved Aipom with Ash, it was such a great Pokémon with a great personality, but when it was traded to Dawn and evolved, its personality faded away and so I thought, it wouldn't be that bad if it goes away. But then there was the scene where it has to choose between contests and Ping Pong. Then it just took the capsule ball, the Ping Pong ball, Ash's and Dawn's hat, and juggled with it. I loved that scene! The playful monkey, like in Aipom times. And it didn't forget that Ash was its trainer, it said goodbye to both of them simultaneously.

Now I really miss it and I hope it will become a Charizard and not a Primeape.
    Hopefully we will see it again. And yeah, Ambipom really gave me the feeling that it still regarded both Ash and Dawn as its trainers. The scene with the hats and balls might have looked playful on the outside, but deep inside it was the point where I realised that Ambipom will leave. So it was a sad scene overall.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I love the episode!!!! i play pingpong myself and I actually don't see the animé .. but this episode i really want too see then

Bloody writers seem to piss me off more and more every episode.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Treecko Girl View Post
    Bloody writers seem to piss me off more and more every episode.
    At least we'll get a Monferno later on.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Episode was incredibly stupid. Of all fillers, we do ping pong.....

But at least we're rid of that monkey...I never liked him personally.

Well Ambipom's departure surprised me. First it likes battles then it likes contests more and now it like ping pong more. :P
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

I read the episode descriptions and such, and I feel bad for Ambipom - she's had such a confusing life as a Pok&#233;mon. When Ash had her, he put her in Gym Battles. Then he found out she liked Contests, and traded with Dawn. Now Ambipom moves on to Ping Pong.

Poor thing doesn't know her true calling yet :\

Anyways, I'm sad to see her go, she was my favorite on Dawn's team. At least there are two spots open on Dawn's team

BA~~

I don't know why, but this episode made me feel a bit sad just to see her go.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyburn View Post
    Episode was incredibly stupid. Of all fillers, we do ping pong.....

But at least we're rid of that monkey...I never liked him personally.
    People use the term 'Filler' really loosely these days don't they? Heck, whats next? Is Chimchar's evolution simply gonna be considered a 'filler'?

HER...Ambipom was a GIRL FFS...

If Ambipom's wasn't released, this would have been more or less a filler, even though Jun was in it.

The actual ping pong was alright, but this is not something I would want to see again. You could tell they were at a loss as to how to keep the ping pong interesting as the ep went on.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    If Ambipom's wasn't released, this would have been more or less a filler, even though Jun was in it.

The actual ping pong was alright, but this is not something I would want to see again. You could tell they were at a loss as to how to keep the ping pong interesting as the ep went on.
    I must admit I was kinda... tricked/mistaken? I believed it would have been a filler episode, and I stood up strongly to my belief that Dawn would never release Ambipom. Yet she did, and as you say, this episode was anything but a filler, and as I've stated before, it was kinda ironic when Ambipom was playing with the hats and the balls (as you've said "they were at a loss as to how to keep the ping pong interesting").

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I'm still very shocked and sad Ambipom is gone. Once they got past Oreburgh City they just really ****ed up Aipom/Ambipom writing wise. First they trade her despite this big connection she has to Ash (for goodness sake she followed him after he left her twice!), then they get rid of her for no reason. Ambipom was once of Dawn's best Pok&#233;mon and one of my favorites.

One of the biggest mistakes they ever made.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

"Good riddance", Ambipom was annoying PKMN anyway. I'm glad that it's gone now. I got it gets in a bus crash & dies while it off ping-pong touring the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    "Good riddance", Ambipom was annoying PKMN anyway. I'm glad that it's gone now. I got it gets in a bus crash & dies while it off ping-pong touring the world.
    Lamest post of the day. Honestly....over-react much?

Sadly, eps like this prove the writers can still repeat past mistakes from older sagas.

It's a shame, no matter how much the writers improve some parts of the show, they always do something moronic in each saga.

It really makes Dawn's team look a lot weaker now too, which is a shame. It almost makes Dawn look like she's taking a step backwards, IMO.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast