Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

Ambipom would have been great in the grand festival...Its going to be a little for Dawn to win contests without Ambipom

This episode was very cool but also sad. It was cool to see Kenny, Ash, Dawn, and Barry all participate in the Ping-Pong competition. It was rough seeing Ambipom being given away, 1st traded, and now gone... It was interesting to see Dawn and Ambipom lose in the Ping-Pong tournament. It was interesting how Dawn used the pointing method to have Ambipom decided what it wanted to do. It was cool to see Aipom flashbacks when she would steal Ash's hat, etc. Ambipom really loved Ping-Pong. The Ping-Pong tournament was great to see.

80/100

Caught this episode again on DisneyXD at 2am the other morning (strange time to be on, but eh..) and I realised that the whole time I'd been complaining about the loss of my favourite monkey, I paid no attention to the fact that they actually made the effort to involve Ash in the situation..

Now i'm not saying it was done well, because Ash showed basically no emotion when she left, despite initially hating the thought of trading her to Dawn.. but it did make me smile when they showed flashbacks from when Aipom was both caught and when she was found to be following Ash to Sinnoh. Plus it was nice that Ambipom paid just as much attention to Ash before leaving as she did to Dawn..

Did the episode and excuse for release suck in general? Yes.. but I realised that there were in fact a few little things that I did quite like. Who would've thought it?
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Caught this episode again on DisneyXD at 2am the other morning (strange time to be on, but eh..) and I realised that the whole time I'd been complaining about the loss of my favourite monkey, I paid no attention to the fact that they actually made the effort to involve Ash in the situation..

Now i'm not saying it was done well, because Ash showed basically no emotion when she left, despite initially hating the thought of trading her to Dawn.. but it did make me smile when they showed flashbacks from when Aipom was both caught and when she was found to be following Ash to Sinnoh. Plus it was nice that Ambipom paid just as much attention to Ash before leaving as she did to Dawn..

Did the episode and excuse for release suck in general? Yes.. but I realised that there were in fact a few little things that I did quite like. Who would've thought it?
    Regardless the whole release was stupid and pointless. Waste of development and a good pokemon.

At the least Ambipom should have returned for the Grand Festival and be in the Zoey match instead of that Togekiss.

I too would have liked to see her return for the Grand Festival, but unfortunately that was never going to happen, thanks to the 'Ping Pong OR Contests' choice which was laid out before her.. and the fact she was going all the way back to Kanto to play the stupid game.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I too would have liked to see her return for the Grand Festival, but unfortunately that was never going to happen, thanks to the 'Ping Pong OR Contests' choice which was laid out before her.. and the fact she was going all the way back to Kanto to play the stupid game.
    Quite possibly the stupidest release in the entire series. At least the releases for the other pokemon were reasonable and you understand why it happened.

Ping pong is borderline retarded and came out of nowhere, and its not even in the games. WTF.

Though when you think about it, a monkey leaving the people who love her, to learn how to play ping pong is actually sort of funny.

Sometimes, I think Ambipom would agree to being traded/given away to anyone. I'm sure if O asked Ambipom if she wanted to be traded to a serial killer who could teach her how to burp the alphabet, she would be happy to go.

This was the saddest episode I watched cos I love Ambipom. I miss her

To Thine Own Pokemon Be True

This episode is about Ash, Dawn, and Barry getting ready for a ping-pong tournament. This doesn’t sound that bad, in fact, unlike many, I like the idea…the problem is how it’s integrated into the plot. If nothing important happened, it would be a decent filler, but that’s not the case here. After the tournament ends, Dawn decides to leave Ambipom with O (the COTD) because she loves ping-pong more than contests, even after establishing earlier that she loved contests more than battling. The Ash and Dawn trade made SENSE, this is just a plot device to get rid of Ambipom. It’s basically the Primeape release episode, but worse. O said they’d be in Vermilion City, but Dawn never returned there to pick up her Pokemon.

This is, without a doubt, the worst release episode ever.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

I really thought this was a great episode. I don't really know why it gets so much hate, but oh well. Dawn and Ambipom were really impressive in the ping pong tournament, I'm glad they made it to the semi finals of the tournament. Too bad Barry got too overconfident and lost to the ping pong champ in the quarter finals, I would have loved to see a Dawn vs Barry match in the final round. Ambipom did decide to leave Dawn's team at the end of the episode, but i'm not really bothered by it at all. It was a great sendoff for it and it was pretty emotional too. 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode was the writers wasting a year and a half of development for a Pokemon for no reason. Made even worse that this pokemon was traded from Ash to Dawn, so Ash got a new Buizel and Dawn technically "got nothing" after she released it.

So the writers tossed away Ambipom's crush on Ash, and love for Contests, as well as a good Pokemon for Dawn in general....for no apparent reason. Truly the worst mistake of the DP series overall.

I liked that Ash and Dawn played Ping Pong here, although that O character was so generic in my opinion. I laughed when Jessie and Meowth played against a Marowak and Meowth ended up cutting the ball, and I giggled when Ash got hit on the chin when he played against Farfetch'd and its trainer. I was glad that Barry also appeared here and was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I liked that Ash and Dawn played Ping Pong here, although that O character was so generic in my opinion. I laughed when Jessie and Meowth played against a Marowak and Meowth ended up cutting the ball, and I giggled when Ash got hit on the chin when he played against Farfetch'd and its trainer. I was glad that Barry also appeared here and was funny.
    Yeah Barry was awesome in this episode. Ash getting hit on the chin with the ping pong ball was hilarious as well. Anyways just watched this episode again last night, and I really think this may have been one of the best Dawn focused episodes imo. She really showed alot of emotion and it really made the episode that much better by seeing how she felt about letting Ambipom train for more ping pong tournaments. 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678