Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    As for me, I was surprised when I first found out that Ambipom was leaving. However, unlike others who are extremely ****** off about it, I'm not. I mean, yes, it would've been nice to have her stick around with the Contests and all. However, you also must remember that Ambipom had just discovered something new that she was enjoying. As well, she was being commended by a top player. As well, Ambipom has already done a lot in this saga. I mean, she took part in three Gym battles (two with Ash, one with Dawn), four Contests (two of which resulted ultimately in a Dawn win), as well as being traded and evolving. That's a lot more focus than people are realizing.
    Amen. I really enjoyed watching Aipom, starting in the episodes from the Battle Frontier when she debut. I'm personally glad she stook around when DP started. She really brighten my face for these past 3/4 years. Seeing her compete in battles/contest were quite amazing and Im glad to see her achieve. Trading between Ash and Dawn was something alright, but Im glad she was able to compete in Dawn's Contest. Then evolving came in, which was more exciting to see. Still a sight to see. With her newer talent, I wish her a lot of luck in her PingPong dream.

For me, I think that it was something that the writers could have avoided doing, but it's not something that I'm majorly upset about.
    Same with me. I didn't feel all upset while watching this. I thought I was going to be that upset, but guess not. Glad I didn't feel the need to rant.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I need to see this episode on Youtube today. I guarantee I'll be fuming when Ambipom leaves.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by popcorn dragon View Post
    Great episode, but it was so stupid when Ambipom was juggling.
    Agree. But you know Ambipom. It always wants to play around even during those serious moments. Anyway, I'm glad that it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Amen. I really enjoyed watching Aipom, starting in the episodes from the Battle Frontier when she debut. I'm personally glad she stook around when DP started. She really brighten my face for these past 3/4 years. Seeing her compete in battles/contest were quite amazing and Im glad to see her achieve. Trading between Ash and Dawn was something alright, but Im glad she was able to compete in Dawn's Contest. Then evolving came in, which was more exciting to see. Still a sight to see. With her newer talent, I wish her a lot of luck in her PingPong dream.
    Yeah, I liked that they introduced her in the Battle Frontier. They had a lot of character development for her.

And on a total unrelated note, I used "as well" one to many times in that paragraph.

Now being reposted!

Yeah, *shoots ambipoms head off* ambipom is probably my least favorite *blood gushes from its neck* so excited! Now Ou will have to put up with its antics!

it was so sad when ambipom left... all those memories... i could barely stand it... but it was so beautiful at the same time
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Not the monkey! It's cute and wonderful and... perfect! Why Ping Pong? Are you Quirky, Ambipom?

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Hm Vermillion city,
    Kinda hints the johto boat thing and going back to kanto.

Now im sure we will see ambipom agian

-Milk Drink-

When Dawn asked Ash what he would do in this situation I was expecting a Primeape flashback. I guess I was wrong. I'm upset that Dawn got rid of Ambipom, since she was my favorite Pokemon on her team.

Still, the episode was okay.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

well now two monkey pokemon are given away.

I expect we'll see Ambipom in some cameo in the future. And did anyone notice that Dawn kept Ambipom's Pokeball rather give it away to Oi? That explains why Ambi is still in the opening. I love Barry/Jun's reactions in today's episode.

This was one of the weirdest most random episodes I have ever watched, but I barely watch the anime, so whatever. Kinda sucks that the only good pokemon Dawn had, she gave away. Why don't people trade pokemon any more in the anime? Seriously though, other than the Buizel-Aipom trade, when was the last time in the anime someone traded as opposed to giving a pokemon away.

Also, when Meowth sliced the ping pong ball in half, was it just me or did anyone else notice Jesse saying "That's slice&dice, not slice&dice!!" to Meowth?

What did Meowth say before the ref disqualified him too?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I don't recall Ash being so nervous like that b4. Ou said his training center or w/e is in vermilion city so i believe we will see ambipom again. Yes foxyman jessie did say that.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I'm sorry, but this episode was garbage. This whole Ping Pong idea is rediculous and it's taken way more seriously then it should be. Plus this episode was pretty boring. I don't understand how such a lightweight ping pong ball can break a wooden paddle. And why was Dawn crying over a game of ping pong when Ambipom had to take over for her? That was just down-right overdramatic. It was sad that Ambipom left though. Overall, this episode wasn't good and it seemed as if the show creators couldn't think of anything good during the creation of this episode and just put Pokemon Ping Pong as the subject out of laziness just so they could move on with other episodes. Not a good way to handle an episode that is actually part of the main plot.
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    I expect we'll see Ambipom in some cameo in the future. And did anyone notice that Dawn kept Ambipom's Pokeball rather give it away to Oi? That explains why Ambi is still in the opening. I love Barry/Jun's reactions in today's episode.
    They'll probably change the intro now. But they didn't in Japan. But thios in tro was from GB ep 16.
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

Ambipom, really, won't be taken out of the opening at all (until they replace High Touch and whatnot for a future saga/season). But thank goodness, she's still in the opening. And yeah, Ambipom's not actually traded, since Dawn kept her Pokeball (I think?), Ambipom's just training I believe. Hope she just doesn't end up like Primeape and never appears in the anime. Which I DONT want to happen.

The DP anime is pretty good with making hints/foreshadowing for future events and episodes though.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This was a decent episode, kinda overhyped but its ok. Nothing special but Ambipom leaving was a nice twist. Didnt really build anybodys character exept maybe dawn....
    My partner is Torterra. Cause he has free food

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360 Turtwig FTW and In Uber~ Elementer

Ambipom is gone. Finally.

Anyway, Ö, or however you spell that, was really cool. Meowth using Fury Swipes was funny. This is probably one of my favorite episodes this season.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

The way the writers killed Ambipom off the show was very crappy. I would be willing to argue that Ambipom is/was the best Pokemon on her team, or at least the one with the best moveset. And then it decides to give up its love of Contests that it had ever since BF/DP, leave the only people it has known and loved to go and train with complete strangers for a goal that it had just started doing the previous day? I'm sorry, but that's just a poor excuse and lousy work on the writers part. If they wanted to get rid of Ambipom, at least they could have given it a better reason than this.
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Just watched this episode. I really didn't like much of it. The ending was sad, and I was ecstatic to hear Make A Wish - Jirachi Wishmaker again. The thing is, Ash said see you soon. I think she's going to come back.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Re-hashes

Chim gets charmander'd
    Starly evolves like Swellow
    Mamo follows Charizard

... and now they let ambipom follow primeape?

I actually thought Dawn would win the contest, after which Mamo would pop out of his ball and eat all of the food like Snorlax would cause THAT is EXACTLY how predictive they are these days. Come on.

Scizor. Amazing.
    Art credits

Proud owner of a legit shiny Turtwig (Required over 500 soft resets)
    Proud owner of a legit shiny Cresselia (Required 305 restarts)

This episode was not that interesting. The only things I got to say are that I found it a little cool to add pokemon into the game of ping pong as well as Ambipom leaving the team was surprising (at least to me it was).
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-Agent View Post
    Re-hashes

Chim gets charmander'd
    Starly evolves like Swellow
    Mamo follows Charizard
    Very much disagree with that statement. Chimchar is very different from Charmander. While it is true that they were both abandoned by their trainers, there are numerous differences. Charmander adapted to the team right away, but Chimchar had to assimilate to a brand new enviornment after being with Paul. As well, Chimchar has much more of a backstory than Charmander ever had, and many times, the past comes back and has an effect on the story.

I should not debate subject too long. After all, this is an episode discussion about Ambipom's release.

As for the subject of Ambipom's release being similar to Primeape's, I will refer to my earlier post:

As well, I see a big difference between this and the Ash/Primeape release episode. For one, Primeape won the competition it entered, even though it should have not done that well, given lack of experience and the opponents. Dawn and Ambipom got far, but they lost. Ambipom leaving is trying to fulfill potential that is seen within her. Primeape left because it was already the champion, and really couldn't stick around with Ash.

Now being reposted!

Not a bad episode. Ambipom was good at ping-pong. I still dont know why the writers wanted to get rid of Ambipom......but o well.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Not as intresting as I hoped but still a good episode. I'll miss Ambipom but I'm glad Dawn let her choose.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast