Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: To Thine Own Pokemon Be True! (592)

I didn't really liked this episode! I still can't beilive Ambipom leaved to play that Ping-Pong and Dawn crying like some baby was really annoying...

-I dunno why, but I'm pumped for this episode. xD
    -Naw, Brock doesn't enter (as usual) ):
    -Darn. Why does Dawn get a colour screen for her Poketch. xD
    -How does O catch the ping-pong ball without burning his hand? o.o
    -Wow, there's sure alot of people in the ping pong contest...
    -Barry seems to be in love with ping pong...
    -Ahh. Brock's so naive. -.- Obviously not James or anything.
    -Haha, well Jessie was out fast.
    -How on Earth does a ping pong ball catch fire like that? Surely it's not travelling THAT fast. -sigh- Anime physics.
    -Naw, Ash loses first round too. Depressing
    -Meowth's taking the blame? Nawww
    -Ahh, Barry had such a short match D:
    -Wow, Ambipom did really well by herself - feels like she won the match faster than if Dawn was playing as well o.o
    -Well, Dawn lost too... No surprises, I guess. This episode isn't supposed to be ceentered around a victory.
    -I know what's coming up next... And not liking it I don't want Ambipom to leave...
    -The music being played when Ash has flashbacks with Aipom sounds kinda mysterious and creepy. o.o
    -Nawww, Ambipom took both Ash's and Dawn's hats xD

Alright, I have to complain a bit.
    Ambipom started out with Ash, an even followed him to Sinnoh. And now she just leaves like this
    I really would've liked it if Ambipom stayed or was returned to Ash. Ambipom made a good contest Pokemon, and to top it off, was cute.
    I would've preferred if Ambipom was Oaked. At least it doesn't mean Ambipom gone forever... :/

my pokémon ruby team since 2004 <3

currently playing pokémon platinum

Good episode
    Sad to see Ambipom leave, in my opinion it was one of the best Pokemon that Dawn has. Hopefully we will get the chance to see him in some future episodes

Vermillion city reference was awesome. A foreshadow to a boat trip to Johto?

the episode was awesome and it sad that Ambipom leave.

any one knows the sad music that played wend Ambipom was chosing?

I know many of you are upset because of Ambipom's farewell, but regardless of that it was a great episode

Brock and James hugging each other sure cracked me up. Definitely, the funniest moment besides Ash holding a fan.

Of course, Ash had to lose. But you know what? Although I'm a huge Ash-fan, I'm not disappointed about it. His defeat gave the show authenticity, because letting him win a discipline which hasn't much to do with Pokemon battling and which he has never done before would be quite illogical. The way the writer handled it was realistic and fortunately avoided any DEM methods. That's what we want to see!

I also like how Jessie constantly moaned about her defeat and put on a hurt face ^^ Haha, that looked hilarious.

Now let me say a few words about the Ambipom-issue:
    I do understand that some of you are disappointed or even angry but calling this episode the worst one of the DP saga is over the top if you ask me.
    PokemonHero hit the nail on its head when he /she said:
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Ambipom has already done a lot in this saga. I mean, she took part in three Gym battles (two with Ash, one with Dawn), four Contests (two of which resulted ultimately in a Dawn win), as well as being traded and evolving. That's a lot more focus than people are realizing.
    The fact that there are Pokemon which have to leave our heroes has been a part of the Anime since the very first episodes. So, what was so special about Ambipom that justifies your complaints?
    It wasn't even one of Ash's Pokemon and Ash is still the main hero after all. To be honest I've never been a huge fan of Ambipom because firstly, its voice was way too aggressive and shrill, secondly, it wasn't heroic at all, but behaved like a clown and thirdly, I think that Chimchar should be the only(the "true" so to speak) monkey in our heroes' team.
    Now some of you are complaining that Ambipom's farewell came out of the blue and couldn't be expected. But if you think back you'll remember that before the episode in which Charizard left, there were absolutely no indications that this would happen either, right?
    Let me ask you something: Have you ever found something which totally fascinated you? Something you were hooked on? Sure, Ambipom loved competing in contests but we mustn't forget that it hadn't known ping pong yet back then. Let me give you an example: I was impressed and overwhelmed when I first saw Lance and thought that he was the best of the best. Then I met Cynthia an everything changed...:crush: ( I still like Lance though^^)
    We THOUGHT(!) that Ambipom's passion were contest, but it hasn't found its true destiny until now. (The same applies to us humans. It often takes us many years to find the right profession, for instance.) This is a highly profound motif and I don't get why you keep asserting that the reason why the writers made Ambipom leave was insufficient. From my point of view the writers came up with a perfect reason for its farewell. I do not see any inconsistencies or a lack of quality here.
    In its last episode all of Ambipom's qualities were featured once again and we witnessed a really moving and worthy farewell scene during which even I had to try hard not to shed tears.

An awesome but also touching episode which gets

7.5 out of 10 points
    Last edited by ash_forever; 13th September 2009 at 7:37 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    any one knows the sad music that played wend Ambipom was chosing?
    It's an instrumental version of the ending theme for the Jirachi movie. "Chiisaki Mono" (which I don't know what that translates to an English unless it's the same as the American name of the song, "Make a Wish.")
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I liked the part where Meowth accidentally sliced the ball apart.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Yeah that was funny. This was a really good filler. I was sad to see Ambipom go.

BTW, I know this isn't filler, just wanting to see people's reactions since according to everyone a filler episode is an episode without a gym battle.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    BTW, I know this isn't filler, just wanting to see people's reactions since according to everyone a filler episode is an episode without a gym battle.
    I was about to say...

... my mind nearly blew up...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I enjoyed this episode and probably enjoyed it more than a contest episode. Brock andf James hugging each other cracked me up and also Jessie moaning as well about her defeat and her flashback to nearly getting Aipom. I think Ampipom made the right decsion as well and maybe we will see her again if they go back to Kanto. Overall a really good episode and for once there wasnt much that i was bored with and it didnt drag either for once

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Vermillion city reference was awesome. A foreshadow to a boat trip to Johto?
    Nope. Well maybe. Idk.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

What does Vermilion have to do with Johto? If it's a foreshadow of anything, it's that they'll stop there on their way to/from Pallet after Ash's Sinnoh League and Dawn's Grand Festival.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Pokemon pin-pong in Vermillion City? Will ash and com will be there?

Ping-Pong was a refreshing concept in the anime. Wish we'd get a few more sports in.

As for Ambipom leaving, it was sad, I wouldn't have thought it would leave after a few games of Ping-Pong. Just goes to show where it's loyalty was.

5/10

Great episode, i loved how Dawn didn't give up to Shiftry and his trainer.
    And it was sad to see Ambipom leaving.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

They shouldn't have let Ambipom go. Part of it was just wrong to me. Although Ambipom proved to be really good at the pingpong, it seemed odd to me that Ambipom would just suddenly give up pokemon contests for them, when they established from very early on in Aipom/Ambipom's time on the show that it was into contests. It just didn't sit right with me. I did like the part where it juggled Ash and Dawn's hats, and the parts with Jessie and Dawn and Ash all thinking back on Aipom/Ambipom, but I still think Ambipom chose the pingpong playing a little too suddenly.

Otherwise, the episode is pretty good.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Thinking back, Aipom/Ambipom was really a pokemon of the whole group. So that made it extra sad when it left. The episode itself was pretty good. Nice opponent in O, and nice opponents in the entire field. There was also some build up to this, so it didn't feel all too sudden when Ambipom left.

It's still strange how I felt exactly the same feeling when I first read the Gliscor vs Scizzor title.. I just knew that something was going to happen because of the merchandise that gave away clues..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So, YTV aired this episode today, and while I knew Ambipom was going to released, I still decided to simply enjoy the episode anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    What does Vermilion have to do with Johto? If it's a foreshadow of anything, it's that they'll stop there on their way to/from Pallet after Ash's Sinnoh League and Dawn's Grand Festival.
    Yeah, I figured that they could do that. A freakin' big shock that he's from Vermilion, of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    It's still strange how I felt exactly the same feeling when I first read the Gliscor vs Scizzor title.. I just knew that something was going to happen because of the merchandise that gave away clues..
    I find it funny that you mention that, if only because one of the teams during the Ping Pong tournament involved a Gliscor. Which is either coincidence that it appears in an episode with one of the main team is sent off, or tremendous irony.

I laughed a bit from thinking that out. It's probably more coincidence, but it is very amusing.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episode wasn't bad, but I also hated it. Ambipom was one of my favourite Pokemon, and to see it given away to some Ping-Pong (really, of all things?) nobody was sad. I have to admit, the ending got me. Saying goodbye to Ambipom was bad enough, and then I hear the instrumental of May's Lullaby, and I blasted the volume up. My eyes were wet, but that was probably because of my stupid cold.

Overall, 7.5/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

^feel better soon hol123.
    Goodbye eps are always sad to me, no matter how well there presented b/c I always remember the pokemon (or ocassionally human's) time on the show. Ambipom in particular had a strong impact on the group, beginning w/ it's playful following and hat-swiping of Ash to it's contest work w/ Dawn. Heck even JESSIE got positive chara development due to that unoffocial contest win (I would put that as the turning point in Jess' coordinator career as the confidence she gained from that spured her to practice new techniques and flaunt the poke more than herself) so that flashback was extra moving.
    How cute was it when Meowth sliced up that ball? Reminds me of our dog whose always rough on his toys. Meowth apologizes for the loss was so nice, he srsly did intend a honest win for Jess, and it gets me pumped for the English premiere of CrossDressalina where he'll make good on his promise, along w/ James and Carnivine's helping.
    Also, Barry~~~ added that extra bit of humor. Paul better watch out, he has another mancrush. I don't think O being from Vermilion will turn out to be significant later, but atleast we know where Ambipom is going and it's not Generic Anime Town #190. I'll miss her but figure she'll be happy and well cared for so it's a good ending albeit bittersweet.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

Unhappy ...times a hundred.

These Ambipom went to my post trying to fill the void in all our hearts. Which is impossible.

First they tried storming to whoever thought of/supported the episode, but they left when they were almost hit by an ice beam attack.

R.I.P. sanity. :'(

I enjoyed this episode. I liked the whole Ping-Pong tournament and Ambipom did great. It was sad to see it go because it got so much screen time and development that it seemed like a waste. But overall this was a great episode.

Ambipom leaving the heroes is sad, though the whole Ping-Pong Tournament was interesting. It was a fine episode.

Well, that's the end of Ambipom. He was the greatest purple monkey anyone ever knew.

So long, Ambipom! We'll see each other again some day!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast