Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

Pfft. That Bellsprout scene doesn't even compare to some of the stuff Winnie the Pooh used to pump out.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Huh, so much hype before it premiered, but it was sad to see the movie.

It was utterly cheap. Back then it was ok but now that I've seen it again it just looks so cheap.

The whole story seemed too repetitive. Like I'd seen something like it too many times before.

4/10 for the sad Ash dying scene.

I for one do favor the feature. You don't often see a story about a clone who seeks revenge on his creators, and then sets to create his own clones. And they all happen to be anime monsters.
    The first movie was different: dark, forboding, and a bit atmospheric. No other Pokemon movie has come close to re-creating that. It's sure beats alot of other anime movies, that's for sure.
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

The first movie is rather dated now, (we are after all more than 10 years later), but it was still good for what it was, the first real Pokemon movie.

I also think Mewtwo himself was very well developed as a character.

I can't believe its been 10 years. I saw this in theaters as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The first movie is rather dated now, (we are after all more than 10 years later), but it was still good for what it was, the first real Pokemon movie.

I also think Mewtwo himself was very well developed as a character.

I can't believe its been 10 years. I saw this in theaters as a kid.
    Couldn't agree more, CyberCubed. ^_^

I still watch this movie every now and again, for the nostalgia and for Mewtwo's character. An anime favorite of mine, Mewtwo.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I watched Mewtwo's Origin, Mewtwo Strikes Back, and Mewtwo Returns. Then I listened to the whole Japanese soundtrack (minus the opening and the ending).

It was... cool. The movie wasn't my favorite, but it's amazing that ten years ago Pokemon was this big fad still.

Nostalgia...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Great movie.

Mewtwo was really strong, although it was a baby in the begining.

and i loved the japanese opening.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Wow! This really takes me back. This was the first pokemon movie I ever saw, I seen it in theaters, and when it came out on VHS, I easily watched it over 100 times. I love the opening battle between that random guy and Ash, I fell in love with Donphan after that. I also liked all the trainers that were recruited along with Ash to the island. Their teams were very cool and unique, I liked Cory's the most. Mewtwo was very cool and powerful in this movie and I liked his clone army of pokemon, I thought the stripes were cool. This was a very good movie and I will remember it forever.

This movie will forever be a personal best for me. This movie just had all the elements that made it great. 10/10

The 'Pikachu' movie in the start was really cool.
    I loved Mew, he's so cute! And powerful.
    Mewtwo's telekinetic and telepathic abilities was so powerful!

The storyline was quite origanal - a pokemon wanting to clone pokemon of some of the best trainers? And challenging them all?! If it wasn't for Ash's ridiculous impulsiveness, who knows what could have happened?

This is one of my favorite pokemon movies mainly because Mewtwo is my favorite pokemon but also because of the nostalgia. I remember seeing this in theatres when I was 9 and it still entertains me. I'm still hoping to see the japanese version though.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I watched the entire dub again for the first time in close to ten years about a month ago. It has aged remarkably well for me.

Seriously, aside from the plot dying once Mewtwo begins the mass cloning and Mew's irrelevance (As huge a black mark those two are), the movie did everything I would expect of a Pokemon anime movie.

Ash is powerless but unafraid, swept up in anime movie buildup. Mewtwo has a reasonable cause. The show's cheap animation works surprisingly well on movie film. The movie takes the nearly 80 episodes it assumes it's viewers have watched and spits on them; all those amazing monsters you've seen? Worthless Toys. Given what we see in Mewtwo Returns, Mewtwo's change of heart is about the only way the movie could positively end. The English soundtrack, sans Brother my Brother, was fantastic- even the cash-in pop songs chosen for the credits made a decent ending theme, given how ridiculous the average anime song is. That and the really bad ones were just on the CD.

Now if only I could find the Japanese BGM, I've heard all the vocals.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

my question is who set up my towns tv broadcast? because it is on tomorrow at 2 AM who is up at 2 AM?????
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

2 AM????

xD

seriously, it is a movie also meant for kids and i don't think they are up at 2 AM

Time slot filler, maybe? What network again?

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

it's about to end here not seen it in years and pikachu trying to wake up ash still got me teary eyes I love this movie my fave..I love mewtwo

oh yeah I am up at two am..and it was three am where i am when it stated :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

it was Fox and they did it 2 times....along with the next night Star Trek
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Though I'm sure many already know this, I just found out about how this movie was supposed to end the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

My gosh would I want to hear about how they were going to write that. The amount of closure that would bring RBY to a guy who thinks too much into Stadium's being the last add-on to the Game Boy games would be ridiculous. Almost inspiring a(n inevitably bad) fanfic, I'm liking that premise so much.
    Last edited by Pinsirius; 2nd February 2011 at 7:56 AM.

I really liked this movie. Nothing cooler to me than a movie with both Mew and Mewtwo featured . The battles were cool, but sad to watch at the same time... I liked how Ash had the courage to stand up to Mewtwo and stand up for all of the other Pokemon. I'm glad Mewtwo finally changed its opinion of Humans and Pokemon.

80/100

Best movie always will be, storyline was amazing, idea of the strongest pokemon at the time was incredible.
    Really was the ultimate battle, mewtwo vs mew, real vs clones.

Probably one of the best pokemon movies ever made, IMO.
    Visit Dragonite's School!

It is a school for Pokemon beginners who want to learn more about the games. Become a member and pass this onto your friends and I will consider you for becoming a Teacher!

I love this movie, in fact I have it and I watched it the other day. I was wondering though, did Ash still have Pidgeotto?
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Great movie! I'll give it a 10/10!

This is my favorite of all the movies.

Everything about this movie is amazing. Like they say, you never forget your first. 10/10.

I love all of em really. XD

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast