Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

its a shame they made Mewtwo into a female now - Ahh good memories ruined!

Quote Originally Posted by chaz17 View Post
    its a shame they made Mewtwo into a female now - Ahh good memories ruined!
    Pretty sure Newtwo and OS Mewtwo are different.

Signature Credit: The Comet

It's been fifteen years since I watched it in theaters and it is still one of my favorite Pokemon movies (mostly because Mewtwo is one of my favorite legendaries). Although I prefer the original Japanese version these days, I still watch the English dub mainly because of its "so bad, it's good" quality.
    3DS Friend Code: 4742-5468-5795

I watched the movie last night. First time watching the movie in Japanese? And it was a far superior version. I've only watched the English and Danish dub. And there was even stuff edited out of the dubs. I don't remember Mewtwo talking to Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. It gave Mewtwo a much better reasoning for doing what he did. You really felt for him. It wasn't just "here's Mewtwo doing bad stuff, here's Satoshi to stop him!"

It was kind of a cop-out for sure that Mewtwo just came around so fast. He didn't really have to atone for what he did. The rest of the movie was fantastic though. Definitely miss the more darker tone of the movies which the new ones lack. Mewtwo was scary as hell. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't think of getting their Pokemon back in their pokeballs faster, but as it turns out it didn't matter much anyway. Still it should have happened faster in my opinion.

Also have a certain amount of nostalgia to the movie. I remember getting a special card because I attended the cinema. Nice memories being very excited to see the movie.
    Last edited by Takeshii; 12th March 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Latest shiny:

Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )

PM me if you add me.

I still get the feels when Ash is turned to stone......
    Mewtwo was a great "villain". It's a shame we haven't seen him return since the special.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415