Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

oh this is one of my most favorite episodes ever, i'm still trying to buy the dvd of this one, i'll give a 10/10 for it^^

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Bush View Post
    The only disappointment of mine about the film is the cut scenes at the start of the film.

Of Mewtwo’s childhood... being raised in a laboratory with other clones including the little girl Ambertwo. The very reason the lead scientist agreed to do the cloning experiment for Team Rocket was to bring back his daughter to life.
    I agree. Why oh why did they miss out the scenes at the start? Lucky they later released it as a 12-minute short. The anime is meant to funny and not sad. So, I have only cried once watching it. I'm not ashamed to admit it was Ambertwo's brilliant line "And don't cry Mewtwo, You should be happy! You're alive and life is wonderful..." She says this as she disappears...
    *sobs*
    Last edited by Shiny Espeon0429; 30th October 2008 at 12:06 AM.
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Something I wonder about the Japanese version...why does Mewtwo get all mad about not being created by God to begin with? How does he even have such a CONCEPT two minutes after being born? Granted he knows quite a bit, but knowledge of a higher power isn't a necessary concept for him to know in the path laid out for him. And yet not only does he grasp that, he makes a moral judgement based on it right away that makes him furious enough to blow up everyone who created him.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? And how does it play into anything not only in the rest of the movie, but anywhere in his characterization, or in the rest of the SERIES? The only other characters EVER who're that concerned with higher powers are Eusine and Cyrus, and even they wouldn't give a damn about something like that, for all their fanaticism.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Something I wonder about the Japanese version...why does Mewtwo get all mad about not being created by God to begin with? How does he even have such a CONCEPT two minutes after being born? Granted he knows quite a bit, but knowledge of a higher power isn't a necessary concept for him to know in the path laid out for him. And yet not only does he grasp that, he makes a moral judgement based on it right away that makes him furious enough to blow up everyone who created him.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? And how does it play into anything not only in the rest of the movie, but anywhere in his characterization, or in the rest of the SERIES? The only other characters EVER who're that concerned with higher powers are Eusine and Cyrus, and even they wouldn't give a damn about something like that, for all their fanaticism.
    When I read this, I thought of how the people at 4Kids were wondering why Mewtwo made all of the clones and all of that in the original. (One of the dubbers mentioned that on the commentary on the movie.) Just saying.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

I'm afraid I don't follow. Are you saying that they were wondering why he was basically becoming what he hated if such a thing was never made a point or called to attention?
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

When I saw this in the movie theater, it was the best movie ever! My dad took me, and he slept through the whole thing. Now, I don't think it's as good as I did back then, but I still like it.

The battle between mew and mewtwo could have been better. I never saw the japanese version, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I loved seeing mew, espically its playfullness, it was so cute!!

I recently rewatched this movie, and something came to mind that I never really noticed or thought of before. I don't think it's been bought up here before, so here goes.

Having just overcome the Storm of Preventional Access and being guided by zombie Joy into Mewtwo's arena, Misty makes the decision that Togepi might not enjoy the environment they're in and places Togepi in her bag, zipping it up. Upon which a plothole emerges.

Togepi didn't reappear during the entire movie. Not only was it locked in a small space and struggling for air, it got thrown around during the running and jumping Misty did throughout the film. And when the clone balls started catching all the active pokemon, not one started colliding with Misty's bag. Either the bag was bulletproof, or another situation arose.

Togepi wasn't around anymore. Of course Togepi was alive and well when the trio are placed back at the Pokemon Centre, so Mewtwo may have revived it somehow. In any case Togepi's position is rather odd.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

When I first watched the movie I was in kindergarten. When I saw the part where Mewtwo kills all the scientists I was scared out of my mind. The saddest part of the movie is when Ash turns into stone and Pikachu desperately tries to revive him by shocking his body. I nearly cried when that happened. This movie was great, and the sequel (Mewtwo Returns) was even better. I rate this movie an 8/10.
    I'm in love...

One of the saddest movie I ever seen in my whole life. Ever after seeying it a dozen times.
    I can't stop crying...It is so, awesome bttl, but also so extreme when Ash dies and Pikachu (what was for me the breaking moment ) gonna cry....Just so....Extremly:O

I'm watching it now on Cartoon Network this morning after not seeing it for the past several years. Certainly brought back memories for me. I still can't believe it will be 10 years this November since it premiered. Time is going too fast for me. Come to think of it: it will be 10 years this year since I first started watching Pokemon. That's kinda an anniversary in itself.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

i actually cried abit when i first went to see it in theatres and was like wow when ash turned to stone while pikachu was crying.but i did find it odd how they released 2 versions of mewtwo's origin's.the edit one in one of the pokemon vhs tapes and the uncut one.
    Team Boukenger ready to rescue others.Let's Go

Owner of 31 legit uncloned NWS manaphys

I just love this movie the moments I love is when Ash comes back from being dead was he really dead

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    I'm afraid I don't follow. Are you saying that they were wondering why he was basically becoming what he hated if such a thing was never made a point or called to attention?
    Now I don't follow...

Uh... to reword what I said earlier, the people at 4Kids were wondering what the Japanese Mewtwo was going to do with all the clones he made.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

That's kinda strange considering they dubbed what he would do. Maybe they didn't see the point to it then.

i remember when i first saw this movie on the big screen ^_^
    Mewtwo was my favorite Pokemon even if he was mean at the start...glad he realize that Pokemon are the same in every way..
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I re-watched this the other day and it's still as good as the first time i watched it.

I can't believe they killed Ash, that was a bit of a shocker.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

That's probably one of my faviroutes, to be honest! I felt rather emotional when Ash got turned to stone- Pikachu crying made me cry! Mew was rather sweet and he, without a doubt, is one of the cutest legendaries around other then Celebi.

I cry at some point during most of the movies, but this one gets me every time! Ash getting turned to stone, everyone crying. I can't help but join in! Also, Mew is so cute in this movie! I just love it's squeaky little high-pitched voice!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

i think that was added by the american dubb for comedy but it was a failure

or they just screwed up

Always remember this movie for the first introduction of Donphan before Gold and Silver were even out. It was also pretty funny how all the other trainers had fully evolved Pokemon while Ash didn't.

..."Just a few moments ago, you were the most powerful challenger. And just now, you became the most powerful of all the Trainers. You are now our newest Champion!"
    ..."I can't remember the last time I was put in a corner like this!"
    ..."I won't let this end yet! This match is too fun to let it end this easily!"

I loved this movie because at the time

Mewtwo was my favourite pokemon
    I got to see it on the big screen!!
    It shows all of the starters in their fully evolved form
    good music and the list goes on....................

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Did anyone else notice that the first time you see gyarados he has blue lips and that when team rocket see silhouette coming up on screen the say syther is an alakazam

Buy Pokémon Black and White here:
    Pokémon Black: Here
    Pokémon White: Here

I always have mixed feelings towards this movie. I liked the pirate dude that Ash battled in the start of the movie, as well for Meowth as the thing on the ship. Poor Meowth...

Plus, Dragonite!

I give the movie a 7/10

Team Tropic Thunder?

About the Japanese music that got replaced by "Brother, My Brother"... how often was it used in the TV show, if at all?

oh please guys.. theres a soundtrack called TEARS OF LIFE and i really really really want it, if anybody here have it can please please please send it to me??? please~
    and yea, i still cry everytime i watch it

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast