Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

one of the best movies, mewtwo totally owns rhyhorn lol

He's here on our backs
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/4htlog.png[/IMG]
    and in our hearts!
    Check out my Fan-Fic

Spoiler:- image thanks:

This was my least favorite movie. Too many flaws. And since when can a Pikachu faint a Golem or Bulbasaur and Squirtle taking down pokemon who have to have way more experience then them. Now the main reason was the whole Ash being turned to stone thing. That is way sad.

The outsider of Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by TorterraGuy View Post
    This was my least favorite movie. Too many flaws. And since when can a Pikachu faint a Golem or Bulbasaur and Squirtle taking down pokemon who have to have way more experience then them. Now the main reason was the whole Ash being turned to stone thing. That is way sad.
    Since we've never seen them before, we have no idea for sure that's true...

EDIT: I got the soundtrack to this movie today, and I like it. Nearly all of the pieces I thought would be on the CD were on it, and there were a few I wasn't expecting. And some I'd never heard before. Some pieces of BGM I like from the show turned out to be on this CD. =)
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 26th June 2009 at 9:48 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

This movie has one of the saddests parts in pokemon in which ash dies and all the pokemon cry for him. Also one of my favorite pokemon mew is in this.

Far from the "best" Pokemon movies ever made (what do you expect, it was the FIRST Pokemon movie), but still an epic title... The showdown between Mewtwo and his clones VS. Mew and the originals was pretty sweet, and Mewtwo himself was just one bad Pokemon. I can't help but gain some respect for him every time I watch the movie, as each time I seem to discover a little more into his tragic background and closed personality.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Reason why I like this and all the pokemon movies is cause they carry a more serious tone, I like the fact that if ash fails the world's or general location is doomed. they should use arcs like these in the anime rather than meet random character and beat up team rocket. Hopefully the upcoming Galactic finale will have a serious tone.

I remember this movie from 10 years ago. I remember wanting to watch it days before it was released. It was cool for it's start. I enjoyed alot of it. It sure was different from the episodes and that's what I liked. I still like the songs at the end of the movie.

I Remeber watching this in theaters, so long ago. My Friend, and rival, James was in kentucky...so I had to see it without him,.. he got to see it with his little half brother.

I showed up on the first day of release.. and since we were at the height of pokemon's popularity, they were selling out FAST! The next three shows where already sold out, so I bought a ticket for 2pm the next day, got my ticket, and my pokemon card, which turned out to be electabuzz.

The next day headed out, people where approaching the theater, kids,.. grownups and fans my age ((I was 19 when the movie came out)) , some wearing homemade team Rocket shirts,. (black with a giant R on it).

I sat in the third row, where some of the older fanswhere. Sar behind this cool mexican guy, and another older fan and we talked about pokemon,.. the series was about two episodes into the pokemon league when the movie came out.

I thoguht the movie was great,..sad moments and I did get sniffly at Ash turning into stone.. I think the part that got me the most was pikachu thunderbolting ash as hard as he could to wake him up,.. and pikachu just getting more and more upset as he was not waking up...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

This movie was great, I liked it a lot. Of course there were some sad parts like Ash turning to stone. And Mew was a formidable fighter against Mewtwo. Even Mewtwo couldn't stop Mew.

I thought that this was an amazing movie. I loved the plot of Mewtwo trying to discover his identity and his meaning in life. I thought that Mew was just adorable in this also. The battle between Mewtwo and Mew was very intense. I thought it was very sad and touching when Ash got brought back to life by all the pokemon's tears. It was also sad to see all the pokemon being forced to fight against one another. However, I noticed that Togepi was not captured by Mewtwo to be cloned. I noticed a few mistakes in this movie... first was the trainer referred to his Pidgeot as Pidgeotto. Second was when the trainers were leaving the dock to go through the storm, someone took off on a Fearow (poor guy didn't make it i guess). Lastly is when the cloned pokemon's outlines were being shown on screen, Team Rocket referred to Scyther as Alakazam.

Anyway, this was a fantastic movie.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Quote Originally Posted by Louispierce View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the first time you see gyarados he has blue lips and that when team rocket see silhouette coming up on screen the say syther is an alakazam
    1. yes I did.

2. They noticed that mistake, but left it in there for something fun for the kids to spot out.

Ah I remember when I when to see that in theaters with my mom and cousion......we all fell alseep during pikachu's vaction > soo...yeah....

then I bought the movies and I watched it and to this day is one of my favorite movies with the great music, battles, etc.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I do calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I somewhat care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar but re:worded by me)

HeartGold (Used this one unless I tell you otherwise)
    IGN: Dallas
    FC: 0775-6429-6921

Platinum
    IGN: Dallas
    FC: 4468-9962-3187

I wonder what things would've been like if watching this movie was my first "true" experience of Pokemon (besides commercials and people's talking about it)...

I still remember how a classmate of mine was going to see the movie in theaters for his birthday... =)

Now there's eleven movies in America with the twelth one coming in a few days in Japan, a thirteenth one coming next year. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying man has time gone by. =D (It hasn't flown by, IMO.)

And I forgot if I ever posted saying this, but I still remember my sister's chapter book with movie pictures inside for the Mewtwo movie. I didn't read the whole book, so seeing a picture of Ash turned to stone shocked me so much. I found out that tears brought him back to life, but I still couldn't get over the fact that he was turned to stone in the first place. (To this day, I'm barely/nearly over the fact that all the scientists died in the lab...)

I also still remember "watching" parts of it on the HBO channel on TV... only we didn't actually have the HBO channel, so the picture was full of black, gray, and white, with a bit of other colors. The audio was perfect but you could barely make out what was going on. Although when Pikachu shocked Ash (literally when it was actually shocking him, not in between shocks) the picture looked next to perfect, for some reason. (I swear though, I "watched" the whole Pokemon the Movie 2000 and Pikachu's Rescue Vacation like this.) Then I saw parts of the movie on Cartoon Network before buying the DVD last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    EDIT: I got the soundtrack to this movie today, and I like it. Nearly all of the pieces I thought would be on the CD were on it, and there were a few I wasn't expecting. And some I'd never heard before. Some pieces of BGM I like from the show turned out to be on this CD. =)
    The Japanese soundtrack, I mean.

I thought the American BGM was all right...
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 17th July 2009 at 12:57 AM.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    The Japanese soundtrack, I mean.

I thought the American BGM was all right...
    Wasn't it the first three movies that the soundtrack was changed for the dub? The American BGM was fine, but I would've loved to have seen the dub with the original BGM.

Anyway, wow, brings back a lot of memories. I saw this movie in an old theatre in Frostburg when I was younger. Oddly enough, I was probably the only kid who didn't cry in the theatre, since I didn't understand one of the things.

Looking back on it, I will admit that it wasn't the best movie ever. There were many things that, looking back on, make it seem a little too childish (especially some of the dub jokes). Overall, this movie probably could've been handled better, but for the first one, it wasn't too bad.

Now being reposted!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonHero View Post
    Wasn't it the first three movies that the soundtrack was changed for the dub?
    Yeah, in the movies themselves. (The first three movies, and the first two mini movies.) Although BGM from the movies has made it to the dub a lot of times times. (I know one piece from the Lugia movie was in "Address Unown", and the title music for the Entei movie came at the beginning of "Saving the World from Ruins!".)

The Japanese music that played during the "reviving Ash" scene from this movie came in the dub in "Charizard's Burning Ambition" (when Ash's Charizard stays in the water overnight). The Mastermind special has music from the Mewtwo movie, among many movies. I know there are many more examples, though.)

The American BGM was fine, but I would've loved to have seen the dub with the original BGM.
    Me too. It's too bad that they didn't release the Japanese versions on that DVD set for the first three movies that was released back in April. (Nothing was suggesting they would do this, but it would've been the perfect opportunity. =P It was the first three movies, after all.)

Default Who's That Pokemon?

I was interacting with the Meowth Who's That Pokemon scene.
    TR: Who's That Pokemon?
    Me: It's Meowth!
    TR: It's Meowth!
    I loved the OST when Ash yelled "STOP!"
    I found it amusing that Aura Beam froze Ash, while it does not freeze the foe in the games. I call it, "ICE AURA BEAM!"

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/30rsfp2.gif[/IMG]

That wasn't an aurora beam- it was just some (generic) energy blast thingy...

EDIT: I say "BGM" a lot, but I didn't know what an "OST" was at first... I do now... Now I know you must mean the dub music, because in the original there was silence during that part anyway. =D

EDIT2: This is kinda random, but while watching The Rugrats Movie on DVD I played "appropriate" tracks of Japanese BGM of this movie using my iPod while muting the movie at certain scenes. It was amazing how many times the Pokemon music sort of "fit" the scene. O__O (Or was it amazing/weird how long I kept this up?)
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 22nd July 2009 at 4:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaphyfan12 View Post
    I found it amusing that Aura Beam froze Ash, while it does not freeze the foe in the games. I call it, "ICE AURA BEAM!"
    What? That was definetly not Aura Beam.

I've loved this movie since it first came out with all of it's Special Movie Trading Cards and the Pokeballs you could get at Burger King with a Gold Plated Pokemon in it (I still have mine!!!)

Favorite Scenes: Mew messing around with Team Rocket. That was quite funny. Oh and when Mew laughs! "Mew ew ew Meew ew eew!"

This is my favorite pokemon movie. I really like the music. The first 8 times I saw it, I cried when Pikachu is trying to wake Ash up.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaphyfan12 View Post
    You do realize that there is no pokemon attack called Aura Beam, right? There is Aura Sphere, but there has never been a move named Aura Beam.
    Also, I don't think it actually froze Ash; it looked to me like he was turned into stone. And I thought they weren't allowed to show people being stoned on these shows.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

i recently realized a few weeks ago that the english version took out a scence and i am very mad about that. it should have stayed in there
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

And what scene would that be? I haven't even seen the pics from the Japanese version, so I'm currently in the dark about the subject.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This was a great movie and the first Pok&#233;mon movie ever! It seemed obvious that there would have been a movie was Mewtwo and Mew fighting.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Does anyone notice we're days away from the dub's tenth anniversary premier? I miss those days, when we were eagerly awaiting new Pokemon to shake things up and we didn't know how many movies we were gonna get.

For some reason, when I first saw it in theatres (at age 12, and on premier night), the short 'Pikachu's Vacation' left a longer impression on me. I remember the audience having a stronger reaction to it than to the feature. They had never seen anything so drippingly cute as that before. But for both short and feature, this was the first time I'd ever experienced such a anime movie. Here's to ten more years!
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Quote Originally Posted by pokedexfiller View Post
    i recently realized a few weeks ago that the english version took out a scence and i am very mad about that. it should have stayed in there
    I've watched both japanese and finnish version... you wouldn't happen to mean the baby mewtwo scene? Otherwise I think the scene where Mewtwo first talks to Doctor Fuji and their faces are reflected in glass tubes is cut, it's longer in japanese version, but I can't recall other scenes that might've been deleted. :/

It's amazing what simple voice acting can do to a movie experience, let alone the whole audio and dialogue. Mew's competely different in japanese and actually is the one who suggests blocking poke's special powers and says the originals are better instead of trying to mollify the situation. Talk about personality shift. O.o

Mewtwo's evil cackle in japanese when he tosses that poor dude into the pool is too good imo, shame they didn't do that in other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoonami View Post
    Does anyone notice we're days away from the dub's tenth anniversary premier? I miss those days, when we were eagerly awaiting new Pokemon to shake things up and we didn't know how many movies we were gonna get.

For some reason, when I first saw it in theatres (at age 12, and on premier night), the short 'Pikachu's Vacation' left a longer impression on me. I remember the audience having a stronger reaction to it than to the feature. They had never seen anything so drippingly cute as that before. But for both short and feature, this was the first time I'd ever experienced such a anime movie. Here's to ten more years!
    Who doesn't enjoy the weird trippy Bellsprout scenes? When I think of Pikachu's Vacation, the first thing that pops into my head is "...Bellsprout...Bellsprout..." LOL.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast