Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

Quote Originally Posted by Cetra View Post
    They are alive. They perceive reality just like we do. They deserve to live.
    Well technically, we're talking about a cartoon, so they aren't alive. I'll just agree to disagree.

This movie was dark and atmospheric, mostly because of Mewtwo's presence. No other Pokemon movie has come close to re-creating that feeling of deep tension. It sure beats a lot of other anime movies, that's for sure. I loved the opening battle between that random Donphan guy and Ash.

I am really curious about the original intended script for the first movie. Here's a link to a piece of one of the only Youtube bits of the first trailer availabe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFwpVbZDow. I hope one day we get a look at that old original script

Something a bit amusing is that 4Kids didn't censor Mewtwo's massacre. Pretty obvious he murdered all the scientists who made him
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I loved the opening battle between that random Donphan guy and Ash.
    The Team Aqua grunt wannabe? Apparently in the Jpn version, he spoke English.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Well technically, we're talking about a cartoon, so they aren't alive. I'll just agree to disagree.
    That is purposely missing the point to disagree. It does not matter if they are fictional. Then Ash and the others according to that logic also have no rights in their own world "because in our world they are not alive". It is really basic, self-explanatory psychology. They are conscious. They are alive and treating them like second-class is horrible. No one asks to be born, no matter which way.
    Pokémon Pearl: Pokédex: Seen: 493/Caught: 493, Hours: 670
    Started: June 2nd 2009

Pokémon Black 2: Pokédex: Seen 649/Caught: 649, Hours: ~ 170
    Started: October 11th 2012

Pokémon Master Cecelia - she wants to be the very best like no one ever was.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516