Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

its a shame they made Mewtwo into a female now - Ahh good memories ruined!

Quote Originally Posted by chaz17 View Post
    its a shame they made Mewtwo into a female now - Ahh good memories ruined!
    Pretty sure Newtwo and OS Mewtwo are different.

It's been fifteen years since I watched it in theaters and it is still one of my favorite Pokemon movies (mostly because Mewtwo is one of my favorite legendaries). Although I prefer the original Japanese version these days, I still watch the English dub mainly because of its "so bad, it's good" quality.
    3DS Friend Code: 4742-5468-5795

I watched the movie last night. First time watching the movie in Japanese? And it was a far superior version. I've only watched the English and Danish dub. And there was even stuff edited out of the dubs. I don't remember Mewtwo talking to Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. It gave Mewtwo a much better reasoning for doing what he did. You really felt for him. It wasn't just "here's Mewtwo doing bad stuff, here's Satoshi to stop him!"

It was kind of a cop-out for sure that Mewtwo just came around so fast. He didn't really have to atone for what he did. The rest of the movie was fantastic though. Definitely miss the more darker tone of the movies which the new ones lack. Mewtwo was scary as hell. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't think of getting their Pokemon back in their pokeballs faster, but as it turns out it didn't matter much anyway. Still it should have happened faster in my opinion.

Also have a certain amount of nostalgia to the movie. I remember getting a special card because I attended the cinema. Nice memories being very excited to see the movie.
    Last edited by Takeshii; 12th March 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Latest shiny:

Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )

PM me if you add me.

I still get the feels when Ash is turned to stone......
    Mewtwo was a great "villain". It's a shame we haven't seen him return since the special.
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

I really liked this film alot I even went to see it in theaters just to get the promo cards when I was younger ha ha. I especially liked Mewtwo's character and his confusion about his purpose plus he was extremely powerful. I wish Mew had done more but at least he was cute & Ash turning to stone was sad but I liked how the pokemon's tears revived him.

Probably the darkest and my No. 1 movie imo. I really liked how Mewtwo was a bit 'unaware' at first and began to realise through Mew and after Ash sacrificed his life to stop Mewtwo vs Mew. Mew was cute though and though the lab blowing up, clones vs originals and Ash becoming stone seemed dark but they still kept my attention though, even all of the Pokémon's tears (including clones) reviving Ash was the most moving scene and I strongly recalled that Pikachu crying scene. But seeing the entire Vulpix line and Dragonite seemed nice though. Certainly way different to the Pokémon movies we get now.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I still get the feels when Ash is turned to stone......
    Me too. I cried when he got petrified (I was nine when I saw this movie).

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Me too. I cried when he got petrified (I was nine when I saw this movie).
    I thought it was really depressing as well especially Pikachu's reaction and how he was trying to shock Ash back to life. I myself didn't cry when I saw that scene, but internally I was distraught.

After watching a lot of the newer movies on the recent Twitch marathon, and having already seen the movies that were skipped (Heroes, Jirachi, Deoxys), I have to say that this movie is still my personal favourite in terms of set-up. Which is why I was disappointed in the recent free-streaming of this movie by the Pokemon website, as it omitted even the shortened version of Mewtwo's origin (the segment covering the jungle expedition). Everything before the introduction of the series' main protagonists shows what a genuinely intriguing Pokemon story could potentially be. I'm actually not as fond as that about everything else in the movie; I find Pokemon 2000 and the third movie to be more appealing in terms of the stories taken as wholes. I also enjoy Pokemon Heroes and Destiny Deoxys, but the buck stops there.

Can anyone confirm something I read online?

I read that in the original japanese version of the movie, Mew attacks Mewtwo because he is a clone. Not because he is trying to stop Mewtwo from harming anyone. I read a script that basically said Mew attacks Mewtwo in the original for being a copy and not as superior as the originals. This completely changes how I view Mew now, if it is true.

Anyone?
    stay gold
    BE PROUD
    If anyone has a shiny Murkrow, I'd love to trade

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    Can anyone confirm something I read online?

I read that in the original japanese version of the movie, Mew attacks Mewtwo because he is a clone. Not because he is trying to stop Mewtwo from harming anyone. I read a script that basically said Mew attacks Mewtwo in the original for being a copy and not as superior as the originals. This completely changes how I view Mew now, if it is true.

Anyone?
    You read correctly

Wait so the cute harmless looking Pokemon was actually a bigot? wonder why they left that out in the dub?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Wait so the cute harmless looking Pokemon was actually a bigot? wonder why they left that out in the dub?
    It's not like Mew was wrong in this case. The cloned Pokemon simply existing went against the laws of nature. They shouldn't have been made at all...

It was kinda surprising yet sad to see Ash turning into a stone and probably it is the only highlight of the movie I can mention.

Watched this on DVD. It was pretty good. Decent plot and I enjoyed the battle of Mewtwo and Mew. 9/10.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum

My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram

Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Goodra is likely to be released again. Ash is likely going to lose the Kalos league since Alain is stronger in my opinion.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

This Myuutwo movie is probably my second favorite, just for the nostalgia. I was so excited about it when I first saw it in the theaters. Every time I watch it I get shivers down my spine. The animation was really cool and Satoshi's reckless self-sacrifice was really sad. It also had cool battles and probably the best ending out of all the movies. I especially enjoyed that scene where they are on the dock and Satoshi sees Myuu randomly fly by in the clouds. It was kind of a cool reference to the first episode.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415