Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    "Brother, My Brother" sounds like a modern blues/soft-rock song to me. I think the mood and lyrics of the song make it a good choice for that scene. Anyone agree?
    Yeah I agree, it was perfect for the scene, I don't why some people think it's not.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Considering that I have heard the Japanese score for this scene, I can definitely say that the original music choice is far more fitting than "Brother My Brother." The original score accurately (and more powerfully) captures the emotions of the scene. The US version just doesn't compare.
    Ara ara! The SD version cast of ARIA! ^_^

Banner made by me. Please no stealing!

Many many thanks to the amazing Yoru Ryu for making these adorable Ash & Latias Couple Dolls!! *Huggles them*

pisces_beedrill Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    It's a bad 90's pop wannabe song, and it has no place in Pokémon. :s The music playing during that scene in the original was quite sad and suspenseful, like the scene was supposed to be. "Brother, My Brother" is not sad sounding at all.

what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song? man, get a grip. antway, i think the song is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstone
    what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song? man, get a grip. antway, i think the song is perfect.
    A majority of us like the song, a small few dont( maybe just one, i dont know). This threads over and done with........or not.lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstone
    what did u want them to use to portray the mood? a pop song?
    Ew no, I fecking hate pop. -_- Where on Earth did you get such an idea? I wanted them to use the original music to portray the mood, seeing as how it already did a brilliant job.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Ew no, I fecking hate pop. -_- Where on Earth did you get such an idea? I wanted them to use the original music to portray the mood, seeing as how it already did a brilliant job.
    Hip...Hop....Hipopotominus? I dont hate pop, I just dislike. For me, its rock or country.

lmfao Brother my Brother was an AWFUL choice. Actually, ALL of the US music from the movie was awful. The Japanese score was ALOT more accurate in capturing the emotion. Infact, listen to the music that Murg provided that came from the scene. Granted, some of it's a remix of the TV series music, but the scene fits ALOT better than that garbage about peace and such when you see a bunch of Pokémon fighting to the death. --;

Link: http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd31...noTaiKopii.mp3

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    lmfao Brother my Brother was an AWFUL choice. Actually, ALL of the US music from the movie was awful. The Japanese score was ALOT more accurate in capturing the emotion. Infact, listen to the music that Murg provided that came from the scene. Granted, some of it's a remix of the TV series music, but the scene fits ALOT better than that garbage about peace and such when you see a bunch of Pokémon fighting to the death. --;

Link: http://homepage.mac.com/murgatroyd31...noTaiKopii.mp3
    Yes...lots of Japanese music is either sad.....or not any good, trust me.

I would have gone with just silence, myself.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    I would have gone with just silence, myself.
    Maybe not silence, but someone that can actually write good music.

Uh..how is the first part of that "sad?" Sounds more like a chaotic battle. e_e Would you have prefered the BGM maker from Dragon Ball Z's dub to come in and smash on his keyboard some, instead? ;\

Uh..how is the first part of that "sad?" Sounds more like a chaotic battle. e_e Would you have prefered the BGM maker from Dragon Ball Z's dub to come in and smash on his keyboard some, instead? ;\
    Who in the heck are you talking too? All I said is what I see on Japanese TV right know. Otherwise Japanese music would be all over the radio. LoL

...What the HELL are you talking about? o_O;

...What the HELL are you talking about? o_O;
    Im talking about how the music went well with the movie( like 95 percent of us believe) and your saying that the first part isnt sad or something.

The first part of the song that I linked is not sad. o_O The ORIGINAL music from the Japanese version is superior to the garbage given to the dub. The movie's entire dub is possibly the worst dubbed movie for Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkyou_ooraka
    Im talking about how the music went well with the movie( like 95 percent of us believe) and your saying that the first part isnt sad or something.
    Dude. You didn't bother listening to the sound clip at all did you? --;
    ~

The first part of the song that I linked is not sad. o_O The ORIGINAL music from the Japanese version is superior to the garbage given to the dub. The movie's entire dub is possibly the worst dubbed movie for Pokémon.
    Well the first movie of a series of movies isnt always the best you know. I personaly dont think its sad either, but the whole song isnt half bad either yo. And I have listened to that song like ten times, I dont need to see it again,let alone download it. dude.
    Last edited by kukkyou_ooraka; 6th August 2005 at 2:59 PM.

But it's my favourite... ;-;

I don't really pay much heed to the music anyway. Sure, maybe the dub music wasn't fantastic but it's all I've got!

The one piece of music I genuinely did notice and did like was the music that played as Dragonite made it's debut. Not the most spectacular debut, but still. They even played the same music when Dragonite was flying around the sea at the start of 'Hello Pummelo', which was cool.

Would you say that Dragonite and Fearow (spy cam) were just Pokémon Mewtwo used as opposed to clones? Dragonite seemed almost dopey in it's manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    But it's my favourite... ;-;

I don't really pay much heed to the music anyway. Sure, maybe the dub music wasn't fantastic but it's all I've got!

The one piece of music I genuinely did notice and did like was the music that played as Dragonite made it's debut. Not the most spectacular debut, but still. They even played the same music when Dragonite was flying around the sea at the start of 'Hello Pummelo', which was cool.

Would you say that Dragonite and Fearow (spy cam) were just Pokémon Mewtwo used as opposed to clones? Dragonite seemed almost dopey in it's manner.
    There wouldve had to have been two Dragonites and Two Fearows for them to be clones.

Quite sure they're simply ordinary Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    You know, I actually agree.

Savor the moment, people, it's not often that you'll see me praise the dub music. :s
    ~

Robert Guest

This was a decent movie. There were some slow scenes near the beginning, and there was a lack of humor other than Ash's football pun on the boat... It did pick up, though, and I began to enjoy it. I had read the "novel" of this before seeing the movie, so I wasn't surprised to see Ash live. It was still sad to see Pikachu try to revive him, though... I thought it was cheesey how they forgot everything that happened in the end. I still liked it, though. It was great to see Mew. ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    This was a decent movie. There were some slow scenes near the beginning, and there was a lack of humor other than Ash's football pun on the boat... It did pick up, though, and I began to enjoy it. I had read the "novel" of this before seeing the movie, so I wasn't surprised to see Ash live. It was still sad to see Pikachu try to revive him, though... I thought it was cheesey how they forgot everything that happened in the end. I still liked it, though. It was great to see Mew. ^__^
    Yeah the football thing was funny.....I guess. I thought the ending worked out alright, it gave a sense of mystery I think.

Good point that jpn music was better for that sceen but this is still my favorite pokemon moive. (something other than evil team powerful pokemon and want to get powerful pokemon.)

Even though I still believe the second movie had the best quality, the first movie remains my favorite movie, mostly because it was my introduction to Pokemon. I had never really heard of Pokemon (except maybe about the seizure incident) prior to my best friend taking me to see this movie in 1999. I remember asking her a lot of questions during it too, like how Meowth could talk and if all animals on the show were pokemon. The movie didn't hook me on Pokemon (I didn't get hooked until three years later), but I did get drawn to Team Rocket, who are still my favorite characters on the show, so it accomplished something. I think it always will remain my favorite movie, mostly for sentimental reasons, even though Pokemon 2000 and Pokemon 4Ever are EXTREMELY close seconds and thirds.

I do think the quality of the film was lacking a bit, since it really didn't have computer animation like the later films and had dubbing mistakes, but I loved the overall storyline. This movie and "Mewtwo Returns" really had a good storyline about cloning and what it means to pokemon created by that method. I also like how the only pokemon who don't fight at all are Pikachu, Meowth, and Meowth2.

And hey, I can't help it, I love the Minnesota Vikings crack.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast