Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mewtwo Strikes Back! (M01)

I loved this movie. I didn't cry at the Ash-to-stone scene, but it made me sad

This movie definitely wins the award for the most changed of all the pokemon movies, they almost made an entirely new movie off the original. I like watching the dub for memories, but prefer to watch the original or at least the japanese version with english audio. They really shouldn't have just thrown in all the songs off the CD at the end of the credits, in random cuts. They should have kept the music, they shouldn't have cut the most vital part of the movie out (it really doesn't make sense without it), they shouldn't have made up some random legend, okay I can go on for ever about all the things they should have done and not changed, but in the end I enjoyed it dub and original. I have watched both hundreds of times, know all the lines off by heart, the character and story was good, and it was good to watch a movie which didn't talk down to you, in all seriousness.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Oh, how i love this movie I still have it so epic, still pretty nice, of course i really wanted to smack giovnni's head for being so mean and dumd -_-

There's a flame that leads our souls astray
    No one's safe from its tender touch of pain

And every day it's looking for new slaves
    To celebrate the beauty of the grave

We are like the living dead
    Sacrificing all we have

For a frozen heart and a soul on fire
    We are like the living dead

Craving for deliverance
    With a frozen heart and a soul on fire

-- SPC --
    -- Last.Fm --
    -- Pair/Credit --

I love this movie so much except for the Ash running in front of Mewtwo and Mew. What 10 year old would honestly do that? And the tears reviving him is so stupid and cliche. Apart from that, it was an awesome film. Go Mewtwo and Giovanni!

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Question

Does anyone here know where I can find the original trailer for the film? It has a clip of an Older Misty with a young red haired girl and the harbor manager holding hands! I've seen a pic but I want to see the trailer

Heres the pic if your intrested
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...lder_Misty.jpg
    sprry the pics so small

Quote Originally Posted by Mario64Luigi View Post
    Does anyone here know where I can find the original trailer for the film? It has a clip of an Older Misty with a young red haired girl and the harbor manager holding hands! I've seen a pic but I want to see the trailer

Heres the pic if your intrested
    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...lder_Misty.jpg
    sprry the pics so small
    Well, the original trailer wasn't as good as fan-made trailers, but here's the site:
    http://www.flixter.com/servlet/embed.../link/10161568

If you want to find other fan-made trailers or clips, go here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscwnpRQ1EY&NR=1

Enjoy!

[IMG]http://i32.*******.com/hta7mh.png[/IMG]

All thanks and credits goes to:
    pepsa for the permission of the banner!
    Pino for the cute vaporeon chao!
    MorningStar for the awesome Bubble Jet Pokemon banner!

I remember reading online the (translated) japanese script of the movie, and was boggled at how hugely different it was from the dub.

Can't seem to find it anymore, anyone got links etc?

I really like this movie!
    HeartGold

I guess Ash's Pikachu got cloned thanks to Mewtwo itself. It even cloned other Pokemon like Hitmonlee, Meowth, and Pidgeot! Well, this is the first movie for me to rate as 9.5/10because I love the part when Mewtwo and Mew fight each other.

This is 10/10, easy. First Poke movie I saw. I saw it in the theaters after waiting in a HUGE line for like, ever when I was a kid. Mewtwo is awesome, Charizard rocks, and there is a miraculous-back-from-the-dead-Ash scene, which is really cool. (The part where he came back, that is.)
    It sucked that everyone had to forget about it though.

P.S. Ok, who else cried at the death scene?
    ::raises hand::
    I like many different shippings...
    Merii, Jayden and Luke is my OT3!
    Finally got a Pokemon Diamond! My friend code: 2278 0159 6048
    A LiveJournal Community for Legendary Pokemon!

I didn't cry when Ash was turned to stone, but I did cry when all of the Pokemon were slapping each other. I know Pokemon usually fight, but never like that.

Other than that, it was a good movie.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

I saw the movie in theaters, and I thought it was good. It made me gain interest in Mewtwo ever since until I found out that he stunk in Melee.

I came very close to crying when Ash "died", and even more tears came when the Pokemon cried to revive him. It seemed like I was crying in hopes my tears would help the Pokemon. Since then, that and "Do I Hear a Ralts?" hold the distiction of times when I came very close to crying over an anime. ("Do I Hear a Ralts?" almost made me cry twice)

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby View Post
    I came very close to crying when Ash "died", and even more tears came when the Pokemon cried to revive him. It seemed like I was crying in hopes my tears would help the Pokemon. Since then, that and "Do I Hear a Ralts?" hold the distiction of times when I came very close to crying over an anime. ("Do I Hear a Ralts?" almost made me cry twice)
    I obviously thought it was far more serious when I was younger, but what a move by Ash, and to have "survived" like... Hit from both sides from what were, at the time, the two most powerful Pokémon...? I know I'd be staying down...

My favourite part is when the clone starters absolutely hand the originals their butts on a plate...

"Go Bruteroot! RAZOR LEAF!"

"... Vine whip."

And the clone Blastoise's little improv move by spinning through the air back in the days when such a move was unheard of... And Dragonite made it's first proper appearance too! Ah, class movie.

I really like the bit where Giovanni goes that he is Mewtwos master and Mewtwo replies "humans may have created me, but they will never enslave me." thats what you get for lying to Mewtwo. and its really good after Ash is brought back and Mewtwo says "the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with life that determines who you are." Mewtwo finally thinks something sensible. this was probably the most death hazard filled pokemon movie apart fom the tenth. its also the only one where someone dies.

It was a good film, especially compared with the recent pokémon movies. The best thing I liked about the film was Dragonite, and the cooltrainers
    FC: 3797-5852-8507

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    this was probably the most death hazard filled pokemon movie apart fom the tenth. its also the only one where someone dies.
    What I find hilarious is the part where all the Pokémon are fighting and all the trainers are horrified... Charizard bites Charizard, Bulbasaur head butts Bulbasaur, Psyduck scratches Psyduck... Call me crazy, but are these not Pokémon attacks anyway?

Nurse Joy says something profound like "Pokémon aren't meant to fight... Not like this...". Right. So is she suggesting that their powers be enabled, so that instead of being beaten down they can be frozen/burned/whipped/electrocuted to death instead? Sound one Joy, thanks. At least having them fight physically is a fair fight as opposed to a Charizard versus an Oddish or a Blastoise versus a Geodude.

It mightn't look the most humane, but surely hitting Charizard with a potentially fatal hydro pump is worse than it getting a few knocks? I guarantee that the crappy little punches and kicks the Pokémon were throwing around were hardly on the same damage scale as Dynamic Punch or Mega Kick, so what's the problem?
    Last edited by Batdude; 25th May 2008 at 9:36 PM.

Just wanted to chime in with my two cents

The movie was really good especially for a movie based on a cartoon series
    a lot of movies go live action so I give them more kudos

The mess ups are forgivable and are mostly pointed out to show you know stuff ^^
    And stop arguing over wether they were willing to fight...they had to its a movie
    if they didn't wanna there wouldn't of been any action!

Awesome movie one of my favorites ever
    Click here to check out my blog
    [i]
    Jason: 2535 4547 4214 Pearl FC
    She lied to us...I lied to her

those attacks that mew and mewtwo used, does anyone else think that maybe those attacks were actually aura sphere? i mean both can do it now, and even though such a move wasnt even thought of back then it could stand to reason right? since those energy balls did look similar to lucario's aura sphere.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Soul Silver FC: 5328 3631 1592
    Diamond FC: 4382 8150 0519

This is personally my favourite movie of all time. I think it’s the best thing the whole franchise has created and probably will remain that way. The only disappointment of mine about the film is the cut scenes at the start of the film.

Of Mewtwo’s childhood... being raised in a laboratory with other clones including the little girl Ambertwo. The very reason the lead scientist agreed to do the cloning experiment for Team Rocket was to bring back his daughter to life. Which sadly in the end failed and only Mewtwo survived, leaving Mewtwo severely emotionally scared and angry at the world, leading him to effectively try to destroy it including all Pokémon and humans, resulting eventually in the battle with Mew at the end of the film which Ash sacrificed himself to stop.

And was brought back to life by the tears of the Pokémon, Ash’s sacrifice making Mewtwo realise the error of his ways and say the quote I have a little of in my sig.

“The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokémon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”

Meaning Mewtwo finally realised the fact that he is a clone is irrelevant and that it’s what he does with the gift of life he was given that was important. Which is a brilliant message for everyone on this planet really and one I live by myself.

I love this movie as well. One of my faves. I am still and forever will be mad at WB Kids for cutting out the scenes of Mewtwo's origin about his childhood and Ambertwo. It definately would have explained some things about why Mewtwo is so angsty and angry at birth.

Attila
    Many of the most famous people in history were weird. This proves my point, you must be unique if you want your existance to stand out.

I LOVE

i cried when this happened http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=28486952 it is so mean! i give this movie 10/10 my favorite pokemon movie! v.s.
    THIS IS MY REAL CARD! Raiquarivee! Credit for pic to Lishus13
    Diamond:4081-5824-1928
    GH3:4553-8181-9234

i cried when ash turned to stone xD i was like 5 years old :P
    i watched it yesterday and it brought back many memories

i totally love mewtwo :P but he is not the coolest :P
    Looking for a shiny UT Beldum, preferably Adamant nature, but other natures are good too, as long as it doesn't lower it's base Attack. This is what I'm offering: UT PKTOPIA electivire, magmortar and pikachu (all with their items on), Uxie Mesprit and Azelf, Creselia, Manaphy (touched by daycare) and phione, ANY starter (will trade 3 starters and maybe even more for the shiny beldum) and here is my dearest pokemon that I will trade for the beldum: LVL 100 mew, EV'ed Sp attack and it is maxed. PM for offers ~

User is a confirmed scammer and has admitted it. Be warned when trading. You must keep this in your sig, or you'll get banned.

Wink

I remember in grammar school when it was raining they used to make us watch pokemon movies about Mewtwo... i think this is one of them.
    they used to make us watch little parts of them
    Last edited by Darkrai678; 13th July 2008 at 1:40 PM.
    Phione Egg Watch:Hatched

Default Celebrating 10 years

Well, today is the Official 10'th anniversary of 'Mewtwo Strikes Back!' and 'Pikachu no Natsuyasumi' in Japan. Be sure to watch your copies of the Japanese versions of this summer blockbuster of 1998 (again, in Japan.)
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast