Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pikachu's Summer Vacation (P01)

Default Pikachu's Summer Vacation (P01)

Pikachu's Summer Vacation!

Ash, Misty and Brock leave their Pokémon at a Pokémon Park for a day. They are all having a good time until they come across a gang featuring Marill, Snubbull, Cubone and Raichu. They test eachother until Charizard gets its head stuck in a drain. Will they all co-operate to save their friend?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Togepi's crying was the thing that touched me 'cause I felt that I would like to take care of him while Misty was away for a day.

Blue,Too? Guest

This was pretty good. Who will forget the one and only appearence of the Bulba Bye and the first appearences of Snubbul and Marril (I think). I liked the race between Marril and Squirtle and them getting Charizard out of the pipe (although it seemed wierd that they couldn't pull him out without Cubone even though they had onix helping >_>). Overall, it was good.

I give Pikachu's (Summer) Vacation a 9/10

I hated this mini movie. It was the worse one ever. The story just didn't flow smoothly. I also hated the cutscenes with the Pokemon.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

watchermark Guest

I also really hated this one, mainly because if you looked away for a minute, you might come back to a different storyline. First it's about looking after Togepi, then it's a grudge match, then it's get Charizard out of the pipe... and I really don't like Snubbull's voice. The only thing this had going for it was the fact it was Marrill's introduction.

This is probably my least favorite out of all the movie shorts, because it's the most kiddie short of them all (give me "Gotta Dance" any day!). Meowth has the best scenes in the whole short, including getting barbecued by Charizard and having his bomb go off under Charizard making it look like Charizard farted. LOL I also liked Jigglypuff's cameos and Raichu, but apart from that the short is pretty forgettable.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

it was ok... nothing really stood out to me though. 7/10

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I thought this one was actually pretty good.

It wasn't my favorite one....but it was good I guess. The first time I watched it(when I was little!!) I cried when Charizard's head was stuck in that pipe. Cubone was awesome too though. It was really weird when they got Charizard outta the pipe when Cubone joined in, even though Onix and Geodude were helping 0_o

This mini-movie is so under-rated. It's really great, and the second is okay too, but after that...they all go downhill.
    I have nothing to put here right now.

I actually like this mini movie!
    HeartGold

Default a good and reliable travel agency

I am looking for a good and reliable travel agency in Malaysia that offers a good itinerary. I appreciate if you could provide first-hand experience of the travel agency and the guided tour itself. Yes a guided tour starting from Malaysia. Means join a tour from Malaysia, pay everything upfront from air ticket to accommodation and they'll arrange for a local guide. Thank you for any input.

.....Right. And now, back to the actual topic.

I recently re-watched this and was reminded what my friends and I thought when we first saw it: it is positively scandalous that a show purportedly geared toward children should release a movie that one is obviously meant to drop acid before viewing. Scandalous or amusing- we couldn't decide which.

I loved it! But something I didn't understand is why didn't Charizard just Break the building that he had his head stuck in, because Charizard at that point didn't seem to care much for other things?

I loved this, it was nice to see some of the new Johto Pokemon, even if they weren't the best choices.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

The first Pikachu short I ever saw was... electrifyingly hilarious. No doubt Bulbasaur, Psyduck, and Squirtle had quite the challenge in getting Togepi to calm down at the beginning, and that was after the other Pokémon ran over poor Pikachu. I definitely laughed when Charizard beat its chest after Pikachu and Raichu ran right over its tail, but even more so when Snorlax turned over -- and landed right on top of those two mouse Pokémon. The segment with Charizard's landing followed by that bomb in Meowth's hand gave this short an explosively hilarious major ending right before the Pokémon headed to their trainers, concluding a fun-filled adventure at this Pokémon park.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

i loved this pika short lol.

the way they changed scenes was funny(like the one with magnemites) and i loved the clash between the pikachu gang and snubbull gang.

great movie short lol.
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

i felt so bad for charizard!!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

I really enjoyed this pika short. I lol when they were going to give Togepi an apple and then Psyduck eats it.But I really got annoyed of that little Pokemon gang laughing a lot.Then Pikachu gives a hug to Togepi then Raichu zaps them I got to admit I laughed at that part.Other then that it was great. I'll rate it 8/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Probably the best Pikachu short. I like how the Dex narrated the story.

The swimming competition between Marill and Squirtle was unexpected. I didn't think Pokemon competed without their trainer's command. I loved the cutscenes too.

Glad they showedd two Gen 2 Pokemon; Marill and Snubbull. 9/10

Great short,

i loved to see Snubbull and Cubone in Kanto, although they showed in Johto in the anime.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked this one. Still do, even eleven years later. A d*mn sight better than "Gotta Dance" (<-man, that one felt like it gave me a brain tumor...I couldn't finish it.)

Plus, it's got two of the three Hitmons in it, so..yeah.

6/10

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

It was nice to see all of the group's pokemon for a change, instead of a select few like in most pikachu shorts. The fancy pokemon scene changes were kinda dumb though, and how in the heck does marril swim so fast with those stubby little arms!

I really liked this Pikachu Short. I really like seeing Pokemon on their own without Human involvement. The races were cool to watch. The narrator was a very good part of the Short. It was neat to hear Bulbasaur's Bulbabye.

70/100

The best Pikachu short in my opinion. I though that this episode had more interaction with the pokemon than the others. It was funny that the voice of Ash's Pokedex WAS the announcer. Was a cute special as well, as I remember this when I watched pokemon the First movie for the first time years ago... What is more exciting if I could understand it back then was that it was one of the first times a Gen II pokemon was on the anime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast