Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The Power Of One (M02)

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I love this movie, as a PokeShipper, as a Lugia fan and just as a Pokemon lover. It's my second favourite movie (my favourite is the first movie). Slowking is really funny and cool, and Lugia's ability to speak was also great! 10/10, really awesome!
    I have quite a weak spot for this and the third movie. The first being my favorite. I remember actually going to this movie on my birthday, so I kinda remember it quite clearly, as it was one of the last birthdays I celebrated as a child..

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    Kind of weird that Ash never reacted to the catfighting between Misty and Melody...

Is he really too dense to know, or did he just think 'meh, girl stuff'.
    Too dense...

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's what I thought too. It was really annoying when there was other important things at stake. Again I felt Tracey wasn't even in this movie. He needed a bigger role bad back then.
    Tracey didn't need anything.. He got a Scyther! :O
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Just saw this movie for the first time in about ten years. Gotta say that, of all the anime material I've seen (which is little more than the first hundred episodes, and the first two movies) this is probably my favorite so far. If only because of the device the filmmakers used toward the end.

Spoiler:- Just to be on the safe side.:

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 66
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 46 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #280: Magdelena, the Sunflora
    Pokémon 3 of 12 • Total Exp: 1,957,933 / 12,149,860 (16.038%)

Level: 70 • Exp: 357,933 / 1,059,860 (33.8%) • Exp. Multiplier: 1.35x
    Move Set: Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Sunny Day
    Ability: Solar Power • Nature: Modest • Started: 12-21-2014

This movie isn't bad. It's like a Japanese monster movie combined with Indiana Jones. It's nice to see the three (no, four) legendary birds, and their fights are cool. Team Rocket also gets a good appearance. No, the movie's not flaw free. It still has a tacked on moral, and the animation isn't as good as the last movie. Strangely, this movie had a higher budget; perhaps they were trying to do too much. Still, it's a worthwhile movie which I can recommend.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    This movie was stupid but I didn't get that when I was a kid, but the animation and Team Rocket jokes only got better with age.
    I don't mean to rub too much salt into nostalgia wounds, still a guilty pleasure, but bingo.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...he-first-movie

In keeping with ParaChomp, the long overdue JewWario, Suede, Linkara triple review.

They rip it to shreds as only fans could.

And it is delicious.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

I loved this movie so much when I was younger. Adding to that, I was so scared of Lugia when it was swimming through the ocean and only its silhouette could be seen. Creepy. It was good to see Staryu skate on that water in the beginning of the movie. And Misty really didn't like Melody. xD Articuno got screwed over during the battle. It got hit by Thunderbolt, then it got hit by Flamethower, after that it crashed into the ice pillar. Man that has got to hurt. A nice movie.

9/10 one of my favorites.
    I treasured my ancient mew card after seeing this and my favorite pokemon was slowking for about a month after i saw it.
    idk why but when i was a kid my favorite line was:
    james: i'd hate to gut burned by their fire.
    jessie: i'd hate to get shecked by their lightning.
    meowth: i'd hate to get hit by.........their droppings!
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Just watched this last night for the first time in 10 years and I got to say it hasn't lost any of it's magic. The music was so good in this film and Lugia made it even more awesome. This is still one of my favorite Pokemon movies.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

This movie is a mess with the story, charaters and the villian. I feel like this was the weakest of the Pokemon OS movies. I though that the shipping part of the movie was dumb and wasn't need it at all. I know that it was trying to make the fans happy with the Misty and Ash relationship, but I felt it could have been done better if it was going to change the dymantic of the show or something. Lugia was the weakest Legendary Pokemon in all the Pokemon movie I have ever seen. Seeing failing twice in the movie was really lame and his charater is very bland from Mewtwo. Also what were those Pokemon where doing to travel all this way to nothing in the movie. Lugia lied to Ash! The villian doesn't even have a name and his goal is stupid. Why did he had a Mew Card? I never understood that part. And Misty saying something to the villian in the english dub was stupid. As a whole I can said that this movie wasn't that good and my least favorite of the Pokemon Movies.

I just re-watched this movie today. Not going to lie when Ash teared up after being selected as the chosen one I bawled like a MOFO. My favorite Pokemon movie to date. PokeShipping, Lugia, 3 Legendary Birds, Tracey, Melody is a good character, L3 is a good 1 movie villain, Team Rocket are relevant, Delia-Ash bonding, 4th wall breaking, hilarious Slowking, great plot, etc... This movie is a classic IMO, bring back those childhood memories instantly. I love it (then again I haven't disliked any Pokemon movies yet)

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Default Pokémon 2000 - The Power Of One!

Ok, I'm gonna be honest here. This movie wasn't that good. In fact, I think this movie is the weakest of all the Original Series movies.

The three legendary birds - Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres were featured in this movie. One of the three legendary birds, Moltres, is captured by Lawrence and it cause the enviroment to go out of order. The people of the Shamouti Island thinks that only the 'chosen one' could fix this mess. When the main protagonists arrives at the island, the people of the Shamouti island makes Ash the chosen one.....but why? Because he's a Pokémon trainer, that's why! Wow, what a good reason to make someone the 'chosen one'. -_-

For a legendary Pokémon, Lugia was really weak here. Throughout the movie, he got badly affacted by weak attacks and fell down twice. Not to mention, His charater was bland compared to the Mewtwo from the first movie. This movie's villan Lawrence's goal was stupid too. what the heck was he trying to get by causing havoc and putting the world at risk anyway? Also, What's up with his Mew Card?

There were some stupid and lame dialougs in English dub of this like. "Chosen one ..... I feel more like the Frozen one"?? Was that supposed to be funny? Not to mention the amount of 4th wall breaking was ridiculous, there shouldn't be any 4th wall breaking in this movie at all.

I didn't like how Ash was heistating about bringing the Ice Sphere from Articuno's Island. Ash had no heistation when he jumped in front of Mew and Mewtwo's attacks in the first movie, but here he's saying he can't do it? You gotta be kidding me.

Then there were the Pokeshipping scenes which I found annoying. I didn't like how Melody and Misty were arguing about Ash when other important things were at stake. Seriously, the forced shipping scenes weren't needed at all, especally in a plot where the world is in danger. Also, I didn't like Misty's attitude in this movie. The only thing Misty did Right in this movie was saving Ash from drowning in the sea, other than that, she was really annoying throughout the whole movie.

Melody was kinda annoying too, but it was cute when she gave Ash a nice welcome Kiss on the cheek. Ash's reaction to Melody's kiss was funny. Well .... that's the only thing I found funny in this movie. Other than that, this movie was lame.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 8th December 2014 at 1:40 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I always took the "Power of One" as what one could do to INSPIRE others to do....what one individual along with other individuals together forming one big action that ultimately saves the world. You could argue then that this should be called "The Power of Teamwork!" but I do think the POWER OF ONE does have significance here...ie, one individual has more power than he realizes. Ash has a moment during the movie where he doubts he can be this "Chosen One" everyone claims him to be but with SUPPORT from others he is able to gain the strength to save the world. In fact, without everyone working together they would not have succeeded. "The Power of One" is not necessarily referring to Ash, but everyone's individual desire to help. Remember all the Pokemon who gathered to see what they could all do? Their individual desire to help came from their inner "power of one" ie their desire to help and save everyone. The movie could be seen as a celebration of the free thinking individual and our ability to see what is right and wrong and how it can go right and wrong...ie, our one note villian in one move disrupting all nature and thus the conflict created as such.

Generally I watch these movies only to see the pokemon in action, and I was not disappointed at all. The second half of the movie with Lugia & the bird's high speed acrobatics really got me. I don't think there was this much fast-paced action until perhaps Destiny Deoxys. The plot line wasn't much. I don't enjoy it when they deviate so much from the main games. Funnily enough, the whole orbs & song sync plot was then used in the games, only the legendaries changed to Kyogre, Groudon & Rayquaza!

I finally got around to watching this movie in Japanese; I had heard good things about the soundtrack and I personally loved Lawrence III/Gelardan's theme; I liked how dramatic it was, like an operatic choir. I also liked the remixed Surf theme that played while Ash, Misty, and Tracey were first on the boat sailing towards the next island. I cackled when TR's Magikarp sub crashed into that rock as they were being pushed close to Shamouti Island. Anyway, I didn't like Melody when I first saw this movie, but I appreciate her character more now. She was spunky and the fact that she got under Misty's skin was funny; I still cackle at Misty's reaction to Ash being kissed by Melody. I liked the music that Melody played at the festival, although I prefer the dub version for some reason, probably because I'm so used to it. I also loved Brock's cameo when Professor Ivy called Professor Oak. It was a little thing, but I was glad that he wasn't completely forgotten. Seeing Maren casually chilling on her boat when Ash and Pikachu ran off to the shrine on Fire Island was also amusing. I kind of wish she had a bigger part overall, but oh well. I thought Zapdos seemed like a jerk for wanting to take over Moltres's territory, and I'm still not sure how Ash even knew Zapdos's name given that he'd never seen one before unless I missed something. Also, I never understood if Moltres purposely helped Zapdos escape its cage or if it was actually attacking Zapdos, because Zapdos attacked Moltres afterwards and it seemed like it was angry, but I'll probably never know for sure. I thought it was highly convenient that the Hikōkyū crash landed on Lightning Island and that Ash didn't have to work hard to get the second orb, but whatever. I was impressed when Lugia first appeared, but disappointed that it failed against the Legendary Birds at first. I thought that Team Rocket adding the helicopter's propeller to their lifeboat was ingenious and I was glad that they actually helped Ash reach the last island. I didn't like how Articuno was attacked by Zapdos and Moltres though. It was probably my least favorite part of the movie since it made Articuno look weak. Anyway, Team Rocket's "sacrifice" still makes me tear up and seeing Misty and Tracey save Ash from the water was heart-warming. At least Tracey finally got to do something. I'm glad Ash got to interact with his mother at the end and I thought the scene played out well, although I still cackle at the thought that Ash could've just given Oak the GS Ball right then and there. Regardless, this movie was pretty much immaculate imo.

Team Rocket finally play the good guys in this movie

Just finished watching it again. Wow...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011