Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power Of One (M02)

I finally managed to find this on DVD last week and I remember why I loved it. The one thing I see now that I didn't see before is that Moltres is a dirty fighter that attacked Articuno when it was blasted to the ground AND had it's back turned. Team Rocket were pretty good in this one, especially their ever-so-noble self sacrifice. I'd say Lawrence III was fairly crappin himself when Lugia shot at his lil' flying fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Koffing Breeder
    Though the second peice of music in the ending credits scares the heck outta me!!!
    Hey, 'Weird Al' is a music genius and 'Polkamon' rocks! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Batdude
    I'd say Lawrence III was fairly crappin himself when Lugia shot at his lil' flying fortress.
    The thing about him is that he's so...hard to read. He shows basically three emotions in the movie--aloofness, detached regret, and a brief shot of disbelief. I'd say he handled things pretty well, all things considered.

And the funny thing was that if Ash and co hadn't interefered and Jiri had captured Articuno...he would have gotten away with it. The legend never said the Birds had to be loose, just in alignment, which they would have been in captivity.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

I doubt he'd have gotten away with it if Lugia had caught him. Let's say, for instance, that Lawrence had captured all three birds. Lugia would have appeared, right? But as we saw in the movie Lugia could withstand the devices Lawrence was using. Therefore, Lugia would have just shot him up and chances are in that attack the birds would have been released.

I was reading back through this thread and saw Mastercougar's ost about the Beast of the Sea and I have to say that up until recently (until I actually followed what was happening plot-wise) I was under the wrong assumption that Lugia was the beast. Then I heard Oak go off on his little story, and voila.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Poliwhirl24
    As a true Ash + Misty = True Fan I can say they show (at least Misty does) that she really likes Ash, oh I just love the scenes where Misty tries to denie her feelings for Ash and so on
    Guess I'm not the only one who likes the movie mostly because of that.^^

The movie was far entertaining, it actually had a decent plot, unlike the recent AG movies. >_>
    Last edited by Satoshi; 29th October 2005 at 4:59 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by ash145
    Guess I'm not the only one who likes the movie mostly because of that.^^
    In all fairness, you don't see that kind of blatant hinting between Ash and May. No-one can deny that. Pokeshipping rocks.

pheonix Guest

I like this movie because it shows that Pokemon are smarter than you think unlike Mewtwo.

Notice in the original, the collector says no one has ever seen Lugia, but how does he know of it? Or how does anyone else know of it? --; The Pokemon anime never seems to have logic, huh?
    Last edited by Satoshi; 29th October 2005 at 5:01 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Someone must have seen it, in order for the legend to exist. And does anyone think the Beast of the Sea might have something to do with Kyogre?

Good job stealing ideas from Blackjack.

Maybe someone DID see it but they just didn't live to tell?

Purrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by dimitar
    Someone must have seen it, in order for the legend to exist. And does anyone think the Beast of the Sea might have something to do with Kyogre?
    No, the beast of the sea was just the massive storms that hit.

Besides, Kyogre wasn't awakened, nor was he created in that matter. --;
    Last edited by Satoshi; 29th October 2005 at 5:02 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

It was just the large 'body' of water that Lugia re-aligned. It'd be like lifting up a road and making it lead somewhere else. The beast of the sea (aka the current of water) caused the storms, disrupting the currents and blah blah *insert scientific waffle* then enter Ash, and wouldn't ya know it, he saves the world.

Oy, I just hope Shego comes here soon. Because, jeez... you guys are pretty much stating that any hints regarding Kissshipping are so obscure that we need to take a bunch of 3D glasses just to see them.

On other news, hey, cool. Although maybe it was both Lugia and the current, but in two different ways (Lugia is supposed to save the world with the Chosen One, while the current is supposed to destroy it).

I won something. Click above to find out why.

Yea, i guess it's the currents.
    Oh, and by the way, why do Lugia's wings end in five fingers? It's sorta freaky and I don't remember the movie giving an explanation.

Oy, I just hope Shego comes here soon. Because, jeez... you guys are pretty much stating that any hints regarding Kissshipping are so obscure that we need to take a bunch of 3D glasses just to see them.
    Oh there are plenty of Kissshipping hints, don't get me wrong. It's just that this is one of the rare times where Misty's throwing out hints instead of it always being Ash.

They don't look like feathers at all; what would a pokemon that lives undewrwater need feathers for? I was wondering if they symbolize something, but I have no idea what.

Well it's clear Lugia isn't your everyday bird by any means. Maybe it just needs some form of primary manipulators besides it's feet? Chances are they probably are just big fat fingers. It doesn't look very feathery at all, but then again neither does Zapdos. It's a hard one to determine, but if it was covered in feathers it'd need waterproof feathers like ducks, geese etc. They secrete special oils and whatnot. [/sciencegarbage]

EDIT: Plus, Lugia has fangs. How many real birds have fangs/teeth like his?
    Last edited by Batdude; 5th August 2005 at 10:18 PM.

Lugia seems to be not only a bird, but a dragon and even a mammal as well since only mammals (not sure) have five branches of bones in their hands, feet, etc. It never came to my mind that it could use its wings as hands as well. And there is no sign of a feather on Lugia's body. It is suggested that Zapdos has feathers because it looks spiky, but Lugia does not. And Lugia's fingers don't look anything like feathers at all.

Btw, duck secrete oil to keep themselves dry and to store air between their feathers to keep afloat, but Lugia obviously doesn't need that.

I've wondered, how can Lugia weigh only 450 lbs??? If it's as dense as other pokemon, then it should weigh tons. In order for it to be so light, it would have to be like a sponge.

Lugia seems to be not only a bird, but a dragon and even a mammal as well since only mammals (not sure) have five branches of bones in their hands, feet, etc. It never came to my mind that it could use its wings as hands as well. And there is no sign of a feather on Lugia's body. It is suggested that Zapdos has feathers because it looks spiky, but Lugia does not. And Lugia's fingers don't look anything like feathers at all.

Btw, duck secrete oil to keep themselves dry and to store air between their feathers to keep afloat, but Lugia obviously doesn't need that.

I've wondered, how can Lugia weigh only 450 lbs??? If it's as dense as other pokemon, then it should weigh tons. In order for it to be so light, it would have to be like a sponge.
    That particular one also swims in the ocean current constantly, never stopping unless something bad happens. I can see how it is so light.

They can be mammals, yet lay eggs. Platypus anyone?

I won something. Click above to find out why.

Mammals don't lay eggs, they give birth.<.< So pokemon are not mammals.And that makes Lugia not mammal.And a Platypus? I don't think lay egg, but if they do, they're not mammals.
    They do ley eggs and they are mammals. And if you don't think so, you're wrong.
    ~

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...printout.shtml

Here's more information. But this is wildly OT.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by ash145
    Platypuses lay eggs? o.0 They might be the only mammals that do. o.0
    Na......ya think? Anywho, what is the topic again you guys? Oh yeah the Movie. It was good with Ash being the hero......whatever.
    Last edited by kukkyou_ooraka; 8th August 2005 at 3:48 PM.

Robert Guest

The whole concept of only one person being able to save the world is a bit cheesey, but I liked this movie. There was a good sense of humor here, and I liked the Ash and Misty comments. The action was great, also - I like seeing the twerps and TR team up.

By mammals I mean resembling them. If there are no mammaloids in the pokemon world, then what would Tauros be? A bird? Fish? Reptile? Amphibian? Mollusk? Arachnid? Insect?

By mammals I mean resembling them. If there are no mammaloids in the pokemon world, then what would Tauros be? A bird? Fish? Reptile? Amphibian? Mollusk? Arachnid? Insect?
    Very interesting point there, but the writers dont want to complicate things too much, so they stuck with eggs for every Pokemon.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast