Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The Power Of One (M02)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I wish that Lawrence had had a much bigger role tho since he didn't seem threatening enough
    I thought he was a good antagonist, or as good as they can be in this franchise. I would have liked finding out more about where he got his Myuu card, and also more about how he built his giant Hikoukyuu airship, though.

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    I thought he was a good antagonist, or as good as they can be in this franchise. I would have liked finding out more about where he got his Myuu card, and also more about how he built his giant Hikoukyuu airship, though.
    I definitely think that he needed some more backstory cuz he was almost an enigma within the film. I felt that Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno rampaging around the islands were bigger threats than Lawrence was. ^^;

I felt that Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno rampaging around the islands were bigger threats than Lawrence was. ^^;
    Fire, Thunder, and Freezer were threats, though they became tiresome fast, not to mention bullies when Fire and Thunder turned on Freezer.

The infamous PokeShipping movie. <3 I enjoyed seeing Misty get jealous when Melody tried to snatch her beloved Satoshi-kun. Oh and Lugia was cool too.

Shamouti Island was great, but I had a grudge against Melody, especially when Ash was kissed by her. She was a homewrecker! I thought Zapdos was messed up for wanting to take over Moltres's island and I didn't like how Articuno was ambushed by Zapdos and Moltres either. I was happy when Ash saw his momma at the end, although why didn't Ash think of giving Professor Oak the GS Ball? I'll rate this seven out of ten.

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    although why didn't Ash think of giving Professor Oak the GS Ball?
    Presumably because Satoshi just didn't give the GS Ball any thought after having had such a big day saving the world here. It probably skipped his mind entirely.

This movie's whole theme of only one person being able to save the world is a bit cliche, but I liked this movie anyway. There was a good sense of humor here, and I liked the Ash and Misty comments. The action was great also. I like seeing Ash and TR team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    This movie's whole theme of only one person being able to save the world is a bit cliche, but I liked this movie anyway.
    I'm pretty sure that that tagline was dub-added though, and that it wasn't in the original movie. I mean, Ash had TR's help, so he wasn't the "one" person who made all the difference.

It's sort of amusing that the movie itself suggests being "the chosen one" isn't that big a deal as it usually is, yet it's sowed the seeds for a million "Ash is the Poke-messiah" fanfics
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Tbh, Ash forgetting to give Prof. Oak the GS Ball here pissed me off. I mean, Oak was right there for God's sake. :/

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    Fire, Thunder, and Freezer were threats, though they became tiresome fast, not to mention bullies when Fire and Thunder turned on Freezer.
    I didn't like that part cuz Zapdos and Moltres seemed petty just cuz Articuno attacked Moltres, which seemed like an accident any ways. It felt unfair since it was two against one and both birds had an advantage against Articuno. :[

I didn't like that part cuz Zapdos and Moltres seemed petty just cuz Articuno attacked Moltres, which seemed like an accident any ways. It felt unfair since it was two against one and both birds had an advantage against Articuno. :[
    I vaguely remember their fight happening when Articuno attacked Moltres first, so if anything, I felt bad for Moltres more than I did for Articuno lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I vaguely remember their fight happening when Articuno attacked Moltres first, so if anything, I felt bad for Moltres more than I did for Articuno lol.
    Articuno did attack first cuz Moltres had attacked part of Articuno's domain at the shrine, but even so I didn't think Zapdos should've taken Moltres' side. He seemed kind of rude in general however since he was also shown taking over Moltres' island.

He seemed kind of rude in general however since he was also shown taking over Moltres' island.
    He was a jerk lol, but I liked how Zapdos was communicating with Pikachu using electricity. Out of the three Kanto Legendary Birds here, I liked Moltres the most since it's screeches made me cackle.

I somewhat remember watching this movie during the 20th anniversary celebrations and I've enjoyed seeing the legendary birds and Lugia in this movie. I've particularly enjoyed Lugia's song, Zapdos communicating to Pikachu, the gang's treacherous quest to obtain orbs from different islands and Lawrence III picking up an Ancient Mew card at the end but surprised that Lawrence III's name wasn't revealed at all in this movie.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Out of the three Kanto Legendary Birds here, I liked Moltres the most since it's screeches made me cackle.
    I didn't like Moltres' voice in this film cuz it sounded grating hee hee, tho Articuno's voice sounded cool and even kind of cute like during the scene where he regained consciousness. Lugia's voice was kind of odd tho. He sounded very unremarkable.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112