Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power Of One (M02)

Even though "Mewtwo Strikes Back" continues to be my favorite movie, and I'm not a pokeshipper, I do consider this to be the best movie. Regardless of what may be different plotwise between the Japanese version and the American dub, I feel that everything works perfectly in this movie- the twist on the line about "the world shall turn to Ash", Ash getting picked randomly to be the one to collect the spheres but ends up being the one the prophecy is about, and Ash's enemies helping him out and sacrificing themselves for the greater good. It was definitely Team Rocket's finest hour, and I'm certainly glad their sacrifice didn't end up costing them their lives after all. I also liked all the great lines in this movie.

It's strange that I didn't like the movie at all the first time I saw it, because I couldn't understand it at all (that's part of the reason the first movie is still my favorite, because I liked it right off the bat), but over time I've really grown to appreciate it.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I have to say this is probably my favorite movie out of all the Pokemon movies. I thought Lugia was so awesome!

This is my 1st favorite movie becuase I love how Ash saved the world from distruction. I love , , and because they are my favorite legendary pokemon. I also love becuase I love him when he says, "I could use pants." It's hilarious. I first watched it on Feburay 2001. This is a cool movie. I AM GONNA SEE IT AGAIN!

9/10 this movie is great, and my favorite movie character is in it, melody!

Flying Tropius Guest

The first time that Ash can actually get a girl

i loved this movie. best movie made so far in my opinion, although i havent seen the jirachi one.

The apperance of the 3 birds and Lugia were great!Also,why is Brock at Prof.Ivy?

lightspeed Guest

I did not watch this movie, I WISH I could watch this movie; I don't know about pokemon at the time this movie was shown. I read the movie summary and I really loved it. , , , how cool!!!

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I think this was the best one out of all the Pokemon movies. Although I liked the prophecy in the original Japanese version. The dubbed was kind of corny.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi
    Also,why is Brock at Prof.Ivy?
    Because this movie takes place during the Orange Islands arc, and Brock is living with Professor Ivy at the time.

Obviously, the fact that Tracey is there is a dead giveaway that it takes place in the Orange Islands. Wow. -_-

Blaziken master Guest

Did anyone notice that at the end when Delia and Prof Oak appears, Tracy acts like he doesn't idolize him?Continuity error I suppose.

Did anyone notice that at the end when Delia and Prof Oak appears, Tracy acts like he doesn't idolize him?Continuity error I suppose.
    Oh yeah I never picked that up. He could've just left at that point. But nothing in the movie is said in the show. A little mention but thats it.
    Anyway, I wish they still made movies like these. Movies 1,2,3 are my all time favorite Pokemon movies. As for the Lugia in the Whirl Islands, I believe this is the father of Silver. Of course the legends don't have genders in the games, but the Lugia at the Whirl Islands was the mother.

I like this movie the best so far. It has lots of action and adventure.

This was by far my favorite pokemon movie (except for maybe Celebi voice of the forest). It was full of action, Lugia was awesome, and I loved the music Melody played on her flute-shell thingy. I watch the movie at least once o a month, and I read the book many times in a row. It was sad in a weird way, though. But I love it!
    Light and darkness, love and hatred: they are not so different...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which FF Character Are You?

Probably the first and only pokemn movie i own. I found it to be great, even my mother(who doesnt really like pokemon all that much) actually found the storyline to be quite decent. What i still dont get is how Lugia uses Aeroblast in this movie and looks something like hyper beam, yet in the newer generation games, Aeroblast looks nothing like hyper beam. Thought there was great comedy in it. Some of my favorites are ones that hint that they actually know that there is an audience, such as:

Jessie: Prepare for more trouble than youve ever seen!
    James: Make it double, were on the big screen!
    Ash: I dont wanna catch this on video.

But the end sequence with Jessie and James with the "thats good"/"thats bad" really was quite funny. But before they say that is even better:

Team Rocket: But nobody even saw the good we did
    Slowking: everybody did, take a look! *points at audience*

Probably my favorite after heroes.

And the question of Lugia's "fingers" might have something to do with the myth its based on, the greek Halcyon.

Anyway's been about 4-5 years since ive seen it, making it that good that i still remember it.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Fabian _DS Guest

It was funny!
    That music on the end was realy GOOD.
    This is a lot of funny:

Jessie: Prepare for more trouble than youve ever seen!
    James: Make it double, were on the big screen!
    Ash: I dont wanna catch this on video.

This moive was the best XD and not to metion ASH Was so hot
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

Fabian _DS Guest

And: Teamrocket: (dutch) deze keer laten we ons niet afschepen!
    *komt melody's schip op hun af*:P

In dutch version, team rocket's voice are like an italian.

I just watched the movie last night. Its so awesome, I love it. I like how Ash was the chosen one and how Team Rocket and him worked together in order to save the world. So many funny lines, the animation was great too. And I did love the music. So yes def one of my favorite movies.

I watched it just about an hour ago and I thought it was great.
    The only problem(which is in movie 3 also)is that TR keeps saying stuff like "Make it double, were on the big screen!"(in 3 he said "Are we gonna be in the next movie?") I give it 9/10.

Yay! I watched this movie just last night again.

This was probably one of my favorite Pokemon movies. My favorite part was probably at the end when Melody played the song, that song is so beautiful, it makes me cry for some reason. xD

Also this movie has a lot of Pokeshipping in it which makes me happy. I loved the part when Melody says "Oh it's just something you're going to have to get use to when the two of you get married" xD Ahh Misty's reaction is hilarious. And my favorite quote of Misty's "Ash is never really alone cause he's got me" Soo sweet!

And I loved how Team Rocket helped Ash and they even let go of Lugia's leg because they wanted the world to be saved even if they had to die. But they didn't...Yippee!

Great movie anyways, I love it!

Loved the American Soundtrack but why can't they play ONE song during the credits:

Pokemon The First Movie: If Only Tears
    Pokemon 2000: THe Power of One
    Pokemon 3: To Know The Unown
    Pokemon 4: Celebrate

The rest I don't care for.

Well there was something weird on that movie some kind of weird pokemon a mix of dragonair and articuno I think what was that thing actually no other info.?

this is my fave movie out of all pokemon ones. i broke my dvd so i downloaded an *illegal* one off of limewire and burnt it 2 disc. does any1 know where i can fix discs as i really dont wanna get in trouble.

*EDIT* it's ok i found a place.

Yay!!! My friends list ::: FlyGonRulz, Russian May

HEYA EVERY1 CHECK OUT MY FORUMS HERE!!!

Link1
    Link2

If you cannot wait for Diamond and Pearl to come out then post this in ur sig!!! Started by Larxanne and Flygonrulz

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast