Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Power Of One (M02)

Default The Power Of One (M02)

The Power Of One!

Ash in his travels along the Orange Islands gets sidetracked to Shamouti island after his boat got dragged out at sea. He becomes involved in the festival to celebrate a prophecy. But when a Pokémon Collector starts collecting the Legendary Bird Pokémon to awaken the most powerful Legendary Bird, Lugia. Can Ash save the world?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Ash really did manage to save the world. MY HERO!!!!!!! *kisses Ash on the cheek*

Blue,Too? Guest

This is my favorite pokemon movie so far. Slowking was pretty funny and it seemed like the world was actually going to end (by a crazy chess playing pokemon collector, no less). Some people didn't like how they hinted that Ash was the "chosen one", but come on people, even in the Japanese version, it was still obvious, since who else would, Tracey?

I give this a 10/10.

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue,Too?
    Some people didn't like how they hinted that Ash was the "chosen one", but come on people, even in the Japanese version, it was still obvious, since who else would, Tracey?
    Why not...? >.>() The only reason why Satoshi saved the world was because Furura thought he was cute or whatever. X.o() Who knows... Kasumi's a Pokemon trainer... Kasumi coulda saved the planet. :P

Blue,Too? Guest

But still, who was the main character? Satoshi. So who was gonna save the world? Satoshi. Didn't matter what the legend said, since it was obvious from the get go, no matter which version you are watching.

this is my favourite pokemon movie. I mean that Lugia is my second favourite legendary after Mewtwo. I like it because its more action like and mystical than the first one. And a bit funny when they were on Fire Island.
    ''Welcome to my world, i have to deal with his stubborn attitude evry single day' Misty
    ''Oh youll get used to it. Its just something youll need to work on when the two of you get married'' Melody
    ''Take that back!''Misty
    ''Look kid, when you get involved with the oppisite sex your only looking for trouble'' Jessie
    ''Thats the kinda trouble, i stay out of'' James
    ''Yous two dont need the opposite sex cause youve got each other'' Meowth
    ''What does that mean?'' Jessie
    '' Not funny'' James
    **Banner made by me. Click the banner to visit my deviantART**
    - + - + - + -
    - + - + - + -

Crystal Latios Guest

First I really didn`t like this Movie. Now I think, its fine. I like this plot and characters (Melody, that girl with green hair, Slowking, LawrenceIII etc.), also, I like Music a lot.
    Team Rocket has a bigger role. They are not only losers and they haven`t been there only for 5 minutes. Also, hehe, Misty was jealous, because Melody liked Ash.

I liked this movie. We got to see Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. There were lots of Pokeshipping hints. The music was really good.

This was an okay movie. Not the best Pokemon movie. I give it 7 out of 10.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

This is my favorite movie by far. It has my favorite legendary in it, Slowking is really funny ("I could use pants") and I just love the music in it.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

GOD. Guest

this was the funniest and most shippiest, which i like.

Meh. I gave up on the movies when they stopped being released (P3 was the last one I saw) I only saw this for the Ancient Mew card
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I liked it because of Jiri (I REFUSE ta call him Lawrence III. Period.), and because Tracey was ACTUALLY in a movie. With a big role.

I wish he would've saved the world. ; ;

Purrrrrrr.

I liked this movie, it was really good. It's not really one of my favorites, but I really liked it. And now for......THE QUOTES!!!!!!

Ash: *walking through deep snow* Right now, I feel more like the Frozen One!

Slowking: I could use pants... XD

And probably my favorite...
    Jessie: I'd hate to get burned by their fire!
    James: I'd hate to get zapped by their lightning!
    Meowth: I'd hate to get hit by...their droppings!
    XD!!!

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Gigi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    I liked it because of Jiri (I REFUSE ta call him Lawrence III. Period.), and because Tracey was ACTUALLY in a movie. With a big role.

I wish he would've saved the world. ; ;
    Same! >:3 Double same! 'Cept furura would need to keep her paws off him. >.> *Grr*
    Kenji was in the third and fourth movies too, but it was only for a few moments, sadly. T.T

GOD. Guest

i just noticed that the piece of music used in this film (the bit where melody, misty and tracey go after ash) was also used in "get this show on the road" XD

LugiaMew Guest

I LOVE this Movie! Especially the Theme tune. "Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible.........." Sorry, got carried away..

This movie is one of the best of the 7 by far. Very dramatic, great music, and...great comedy?

"I could use pants..."

"Listen to me kid, when you get involved with the opposite sex, you're only asking for trouble!"
    "And that's the kind of trouble...I stay out of."
    "Usually you two don't need the opposite sex, 'cause you got each other! LOL"

"We're on the big screen!"
    "I gotta catch this on video!"

"Our ship has finally came in!" *ship comes in*

LOL

10/10
    Gone.

starscream Guest

yea i also noticed that the piece of music from this film is the same as from the episode, well spotted

Perfect Darkness Guest

This movie was the funniest andbest if you ask me. I support pokeshipping which was also why I liked the movie. I am a major pokeshipper. Anyway aside from that, although many may have not found one part as funny as I have, but oh well. This is not the exact wording, but I know it went something like this:

"Oh no, what are we going to do? The balls have not been placed in the amount of time they were supposed to be so now there will be a never ending war between the three birds!" Melody

"But we can stop it!" Ash or Misty

"No, it was destined. It even says that in the legend that it was supposed to be. When the balls are not placed the wholeworld will turn to ash." Melody

"Wait, ash. Ash, iut means Ash Ketchum!"Misty or MELODY.

Ash is the hero...again.-_-. Can't someone else be? Misty or Tracey maybe. Of maybe Melody if you want to make it intresting.~_^

As hard as this plot was to swallow (as soon as I heard "the earth shall turn to ash" I immediately put two and two together and thought "Oh, my God, that's ridiculous"), I still remember liking it a lot upon its initial release. I remember it well - it was during the week of my annual family camping trip, and my dad drove me, my sister, my friend, and my sister's friend out to the theater. Of course, my sister and her friend went to "Nutty Professor II: The Klumps", so my dad took me and my friend to this. Despite a brief, screen-darkening technical difficulty halfway through the film (I still don't know what happened), I remember having a good time, especially exchanging little asides with my friend at certain scenes - when Misty says "You act like Pokémon are just things to collect like cards or toys!", I turned to him and whispered "Absurd, isn't it?" I also vividly remember staying behind in the theater to listen to the ending credits music - and booking it towards the exit at top speed when I heard "Polkamon" by Weird Al Yankovic. No offense to the guy, but the song didn't belong on the credits.

I think Jessie, James, and Meowth totally stole this movie for me. Though usually I despise it when they temporarily go good, I forgave them this time because otherwise it would have meant world destruction. And they got a lot of good lines (I'm surprised their "opposite sex" routine was even in the movie), plus their ending discussion with James going "That's good! That's bad. That's good...or is that bad?" made me laugh - even moreso when I found out that they lifted it from an episode of "The Simpsons".

Only downside to this movie - the promo cards. All the theater had was Moltres, so I wound up with three of the same card (my dad didn't want his, and my friend gave me his). At least they made good trading collateral later on - I think one of them was involved in the four-card trade that got me my unlimited Base set Charizard.

On a final note, Slowking's "I could use pants" is one of those rare times when 4Kids' dub alterations actually works (and I still don't know why they cut Tracey's explanation of the chemical reaction between Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres' attacks).

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

About the "I could use pants" thing. I personally thought it was hilarious, but what did Slowking say in the original version? It probably wasn't anything very important if 4Kids could change it so easily, but I'm still curious.
    ~

From what I've heard, he just said something along the lines of "This is getting serious". Like I said, a rare improvement.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Emissary_Of_Darkness Guest

Don't forget the movie's most memerable song, Lugia's Song!
    *Grabs a ocarina and starts playing*
    Last edited by Magma_Admin_Anubis; 27th November 2004 at 3:08 PM. Reason: wanted to add

Mistystar89 Guest

I loved this movie because it my fav out of all of them! It was so funny, cute, heroic. I give it 10/10! And the part with Misty getting jealous was priceless and the opposite sex talk plus "I could use pants." XD

I still don't agree with the dub title for this one. Ash couldn't have saved the world without:
    The person who drove the boat that took him to Shamuti & Fire Island(forgot her name >_>)
    The old man who said that Ash was the chosen one(Otherwise Ash wouldn't have bothered trying to get the orbs)
    Melody(for various things. Getting Ash back to Shamuti after leaving Lightning Island(granted, they WOULD have been traveling back from Fire Island had the next person not shown up...) is one example)
    Lawrence III(despite the havoc being all his fault, he DID get Ash & co. to Lightning Island, albiet unintentionally)
    Slowking(pointed out the shrine where Ash put the orbs)
    The ancient people who wrote the legend in the first place(nobody would've known what to do, otherwise)
    His Pokemon(helping him get to Ice Island, mostly)
    Articuno(froze the ice so that he COULD get to Ice Island using his Pokemon(another unintentional aid))
    Lugia(saved his butt when he stupidly ran and stopped in front of the 3 Birds' attacks, helped him get back to Shamuti from Ice Island, etc...)
    Team Rocket(helped Ash get the rest of the way to Ice Island's shrine when the fighting of the Birds stopped him from using his Pokemon to get the rest of the way)
    The reporters(the propeller from their helicopter was used in TR's raft...thing...)
    Misty & Tracey(helped Ash out of the water and up to Shamuti's shrine when Lugia fell)

That's more than 1. A lot more. MIGHT Ash have saved the day without said help? Maybe, but it probably would've taken longer, been more dangerous, and the chance of success would have been lower. All in all, it was a good thing that people(and Pokemon) were there to help him.

One thing I liked about the movie was how 4Kids actually left SILENCE in some parts. Good, now start leaving silence in the main anime. :P

Random tidbit:The 3 shrines you see in the movie(aside from Shamuti's, where the reference doesn't seem obvious enough) are based off Shinto shrines. The pi-symbol-shaped gates are torii(which literally means bird) gates, which people pass through to enter and exit Shinto shrines. The shrines themselves are based off typcial Shinto shrines. Also, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are gods in the orignial movie, so it makes even more sense in the Japanese version(aside from the fact that Shinto shrines are distinctly Japanese, of course >_o), since the shrines honor kami, nature sprirts(they're not gods, exactly, though.), and kami-sama(literally "Lord Kami" or something similar) means "god".(and the 3 Birds are both nature spirits(in a way) AND gods!)
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast