Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Spell of the Unown! (M03)

Best Pokemon movie to date.

i actualy watched this with my dad once and he kept quoting entei for a long time.
    And i wish unown had all these cool powers in the game, it would be sweet.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

This movie was always awesome. I love Molly Hale. She's so awesome. She's my favorite movie antagonist, well I think my second. Zero's pretty awesome. The battle between her and Brock was good. It sucks that he lost. But, when she battled Misty, that's when things heated up. I'm glad we don't know who won between Staryu or Mantine. But, it's good too see them evenly matched. I also like that she's able to change her age. Well, it was because of the Unown. Teenage Molly is my favorite. Charizard vs Entei was something. It seemed that Charizard almost met its end right there.

I liked seeing Brock and Misty finally start acting like Gym Leaders again. They'd been accessories to Ash for too long considering who they were before they met up with him. Those two scenes are among my favourites in any Pokemon movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubeon View Post
    I liked seeing Brock and Misty finally start acting like Gym Leaders again. They'd been accessories to Ash for too long considering who they were before they met up with him. Those two scenes are among my favourites in any Pokemon movies.
    Agreed, it's about time that they did something. Misty got here moment in the Whirl Islands, which I loved every second of but Brock never really got his battling moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    This movie was always awesome. I love Molly Hale. She's so awesome. She's my favorite movie antagonist, well I think my second. Zero's pretty awesome. The battle between her and Brock was good. It sucks that he lost. But, when she battled Misty, that's when things heated up. I'm glad we don't know who won between Staryu or Mantine. But, it's good too see them evenly matched. I also like that she's able to change her age. Well, it was because of the Unown. Teenage Molly is my favorite. Charizard vs Entei was something. It seemed that Charizard almost met its end right there.
    Well, molly's pokemon were overpowered (mosty due to the fact that they werent real), so it seems natural for brock to lose.
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 28th January 2013 at 3:44 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Well, molly's pokemon were overpowerd (mosty due to the fact that they werent real), so it seems natural for brock to lose.
    Not really. Kasumi seemed to do very well against Molly's Mantine with her Staryu, so why couldn't Brock get the same treatment?

Not really. Kasumi seemed to do very well against Molly's Mantine with her Staryu, so why couldn't Brock get the same treatment?
    *shrugs* The battle was literally on Molly's terms, I get the feeling that she could have crushed misty very quickly if she wanted to. Maybe the fact that misty was a girl had an impact on molly. (I cant believe im actually having this disscusssion XD)
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    *shrugs* The battle was literally on Molly's terms, I get the feeling that she could have crushed misty very quickly if she wanted to. Maybe the fact that misty was a girl had an impact on molly. (I cant believe im actually having this disscusssion XD)
    If there was an impact, it would be because Kasumi said she was a Gym Leader. And to be honest, you're the only who started it. Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The problem is, we don't see it anymore. It's part of what made the writing in Kanto so great. Sure Pokemon handling was a different topic, but now we're not getting any dark topics anymore.

What they describe as scary nowadays is the freaking Rotom-episode.. Well, granted, the Litwick-episode was nifty.. -.-
    I don't really watch the newer ones, but when I do watch them I notice that every single episode has completely lost the dark edge that it used to have. Even the episodes like Espeon, Not Included, and episodes like that did have a bit of that edge to them. When Team Rocket had Espeon and were trying to put it in a cage. It wasn't dark, but it was darker than what's been coming out now.

Anyways, it showed up more in the movies. Mewtwo Strikes Back was a pretty dark movie, but they kept it appropriate for kids. As for the movies now, if a Pokemon looks bad it IS bad. Mewtwo looked bad, but he wasn't bad, he was just vengeful. Entei looked like a jerk of a Pokemon, he just wanted to make that little girl happy. Now in the Pokemon movies the Pokemon that don't look like nice guys aren't just antagonists like Mewtwo and Entei, but they really are jerks! Not only that, the movies now are so cute and fluffy that there's no room for those dark edges that were there before...

Blah blah blah...

I should stop now before I leave you with ten long paragraphs to read that are just ranting and ranting about that... xD

*Bows*
    Last edited by *~Silver*~; 28th January 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    The problem is, we don't see it anymore. It's part of what made the writing in Kanto so great. Sure Pokemon handling was a different topic, but now we're not getting any dark topics anymore.

What they describe as scary nowadays is the freaking Rotom-episode.. Well, granted, the Litwick-episode was nifty.. -.-
    Surprising any DP fan would bring up the Rotom episode since that was more comedy. As a DP fan myself when i think of dark episodes, i I think of the school arc with a little girl spirit that tried to lead Conway off a cliff and suck Ash and Angie into the spirit world and even started having an odd evil way of speaking before she got stopped (before that she was speaking similarly to Sabrina's doll. What I mean is seeming innocent for most of the episode and then before getting stopped the voice distorts and sounds pretty evil sounding in the english evrsion anyway) which suggested she was either an evil spirit or demon. It was pretty clear cut that she wasn't from that world.

One of my favourite DP episodes as a result.

The 3rd movie was pretty good but it never really creeped me out maybe because I was a teen when i watched it and wasn't a young child anymore. I tend to like Charizard and Entei battle personally and getting some of Ash's background highlighted. Personally the movie always came off as dreamlike to me and the closest episodes I can think of to that is the episode where Larvitar's mind becomes connected to the unown and Ash and friends get transported in.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 29th January 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Put together by me.

If there was an impact, it would be because Kasumi said she was a Gym Leader. And to be honest, you're the only who started it. Just saying.....
    *shrugs* all plausible ideas.
    ( it just hit me "i am online discussing the reasoning of a little girl on a kids TV show." And it struck me as funny, thats all.)
    #AlphaSapphire

I watched this Sunday, and I noticed something: Ash's Charzard is only as tall as Ash's mom: Just look at the 7th image from the bottom of this page!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    Yes, the last of the great movies. Once Pokemon 4ever came they just lost their.......creamy goodness?! Destiny Deoxys came close but there is nothing like the originals. I liked everything about this movie but especially the action and the tower. I also liked the role Entei played and seeing Charizard return for the 1st time was a nice treat.
    Responding to this almost 8 years later is wild.... I was inspired to watch this film after seeing Charizard return in Best Wishes. But yeah, I really did like this movie a lot, I think it's still my favorite from the series. It has a more in depth story than the first two movies for sure, and it stands on it's own feet without necessarily depending on being a "Pokemon" movie. Granted I more or less stopped watching the Pokemon movies after the 8th one, so I can't say that for sure but....yeah. I grew up with the English OST of the movie as well, so I really enjoy the score for that (unlike most English Pokemon scores), though Shinji Miyazaki's score is beautiful as always, and I'm glad some of these tracks recur sometimes throughout the series.

Best Pokémon film by far. No questions asked, IMO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

This movie was fantastic. It's cool how Ash was determined to save his mother. The animation was well-done and much better than the previous movie's animation. One of the best thing about this movie was Ash/Brock/Misty teamwork, which was lacking in the other OS movies.

Molly was a intersting character, who was sad because of the loss of her parents. Entei was a like a father to her and seemed to care a lot about her.I liked how Molly Changed to an adult when she battled Brock, and later changed to Misty's age before challenging him. Misty and Brock couldn't beat Molly, but at least they helped Ash in a way.

Charizard's appearance was awesome, I liked how he saved Ash from the fall. Charizard and Entei's battle was epic, too bad neither of them won the battle.

My only complaint about this movie is the background music. didn't like 4kids replacing the original music, they should've left the japanese BGM alone.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 23rd February 2014 at 3:57 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Definitely my personal favorite Pokémon movie!
    This deserves to be canon!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMewster View Post
    Definitely my personal favorite Pokémon movie!
    This deserves to be canon!
    Nothing states it is canon at all but you could argue that the writers specific inclusion of Charizard returning made it more canon.

Still my favorite Pokemon film: I mean, come on, everyone felt like they had a purpose in this one, Molly was just a little girl who wanted her dad back, and Ash would do anything to save his Mother from the Unown and Entei. Seeing TR help the twerps out was also surprisingly touching, and "We won't let you fall!" = T_T.

James had some funny stuff in the dub version I couldn't help but chuckle at: "I haven't seen this many strange letters since the last time I placed that personal ad!" = ROFL.

I don't know why, but this one always resonates with me the strongest and I think it's a true testament to how great the films used to be from the Pokemon Franchise. I don't think anything that has come before or after this film can truly surpass it in quality: I really think it is that good, tbh.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567