Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Spell of the Unown! (M03)

This third Pokemon movie is another favorite of mine. It was more original and adventurous than the previous two, and had more emotional scenes along with some really good battles. I particularly enjoyed Kasumi and Mii's underwater battle. It was also easy to sympathize with Mii, even though I still wanted her to be stopped. Entei also rocked even though he wasn't a real one, just a fake made by the Unknown.

Ash's mom being involved here was interesting and I felt so sad for Molly when her dad went missing. The mansion looked amazing with the crystals and seeing Misty and Brock battle Molly was great. Charizard vs Entei was the highlight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Ash's mom being involved here was interesting and I felt so sad for Molly when her dad went missing.
    Too bad Hanako mainly served as a damsel in distress. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she was here, it's just that she felt redundant in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    I liked this movie a lot. It had an awesome story to it and the battle with Misty and Molly underwater was wicked cool.
    Yeah, this movie made me cry. It is such a good movie. I think that Entei was real, in a sense. All the dreams and memories of her father came back to life. It showed that even though he was gone, the memories and love never left her. At the end, when Entei was going to help her out of there, it really hit home. Such a beautiful movie.

At the end, when Entei was shouting to believe in him, I think it had much more of a meaning that what was just being said. It may have not technically been her father, but I believe it was voiced by the same person for a reason. It was the manifestation of the love her father and her shared.

Entei saying "Just keep me close in your dreams" followed by Molly saying "Papa" shows all of that. Her father was able to reach her because of his love, even if he passed on. Who knows? Maybe Entei was actually her father, and the Unknown reincarnated him... Also, if Enti wasn't the reincarnation of her father, why was it able to stand up to the unknown so easily, if the Unknown were the ones that created it? They started to control everything else in the world, so it doesn't make sense that they couldn't control him too. Either way, the meaning of the whole movie truly touches my heart. That is why this movie is so amazing. Sorry for getting so sappy, everyone.
    Last edited by UmbrionKnight; 13th August 2016 at 7:34 AM.
    lmao this site's mods get triggered over everything so easily I'm out. bad website, won't be returning.

Entei being Molly's puppet made me think less of him because he existed only to fulfill her wishes. I wish this Entei had been a real one, not some Unown spawn.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678