Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

ivan2149 is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

i loved this movie it was cool and had lots of tists
    visit my forums http://www.rukario.tk
    I clamed blu from pokemon special as my bishie

RaikouRider243 Guest

Ash riding Suicune was the coolest part of the movie. I didn't think he could do it.

This was a pretty good one, not one of my favorites, but I can't see why people hate it so much. Personally, 4Kids additional scenes go beyond annoying and become rather insulting. You just know they added those scenes because they assumed American viewers would be too dense to figure out the Professor Oak thing and can't appreciate good storytelling anyway. Figuring it out on your own by the subtle hints would have been much better than having it thrown in your face like the big messy blob of plot-ruining garbage that it is.

Anyway, besides 4Kids crusade against good storytelling, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The whole concept of time-travel is always interesting, but it can get pretty hairy sometimes if it gets overly complicated. I think they did a good job keeping the central theme away from the actual time-travelling so that it wasn't too big an issue. For all those who think that the Johto pokémon should have been known about back in the first season, there is a simple explanation for that. You can't work with what you don't have, and back then they weren't created yet in the real world. I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

I really hope that some day I can see the original untainted version of this movie so I can really appreciate it and see it as it was intended to be seen. At least 4Kids couldn't ruin the Latias/ Kanon thing in the fifth movie. -_-
    Last edited by Heracross; 22nd January 2005 at 11:02 PM.
    ~

:StarScreaM: Guest

kinda good i guess but misty and brock did nothing in this

glitchhunter Guest

Hmmm well I didn't like this movie as much as the other Pokemon movies. I just found the plot kind of boring. I thought Celebi was cute though. I'd probably give it a 5/10

Mods sorry for bumping this up since this Movie aired Early today but was Sammy's voice actor the same one for Ritchie it sounded very similiar too me.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    Mods sorry for bumping this up since this Movie aired Early today but was Sammy's voice actor the same one for Ritchie it sounded very similiar too me.
    Indeed it was. The same voice, I mean. The 4Kids Voice Actors tend to use the same voices for many characters... of course, the Japanese Seiyuu do the same. But they can be excused because many of them don't suck. (Speaking same voice using, the guy who does James/Kojirou uses the same/similar voice for some of the other characters he had done before/after Pokemon. Such as... <3 Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei, and... this guy from a little sweet Yaio OVA I've got called 'Level C'... Koyasu-sama, the Seiyuu who does Kosaburo, also appears. Using a similar voice. 'Course, they are excused like I said. Koyasu-sama is awesome.)

Not to mention, if it's in the same anime, they don't use the same kind of voice for every other character like Richie/Bugsy/EveryJohtoFillerBoy does. Most of the time, when someone uses the same voice in the Japanese version, it's usually either hard to tell if its in the same anime or they use the same voice in a different anime (ala Digimon Kaizer and Edward Elric).
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Speaking of DSP, anyone think it would have been so much cooler if he'd voice Bishasu? With the Beezelbumon voice?

It's not like 4Kids doesn't get the occasional outside voice, and he would have been *perfect*. But I will give them credit--at least Dan Green's psycho laugh doesn't make it sound like he's choking, like Shiro Sano's did.

And you know--maybe there is something to the added scenes. I showed the Japanese version to some kids (fansubbed) and they didn't get the ending. So when I explained that Sammy's adult form showed up elsewhere in the movie, they thought he grew up to be Bishasu.

...US schools don't teach advanced reasoning, do they?

Although the thing with the peach? More TR=better, to me. Sure it was useless, but...

Now then, why *does* Yukinari use that sort of ball? We know they had more modern-type balls back then and even older! The ghost ship, Lokoko, etc--those balls were hundreds of years old and they strongly resemble the more modern ones that Ash and friends use. Maybe Yukinari was using an experimental one or something...

Bishasu is one violent SOB, that's for sure. But people hate him for kidnapping Jesse--which is like the one evil thing he *didn't* do. So why is that?

Hey I loved this movie, 4 your information, the villain did have a cause: He was a Team Rocket Agent! Couldn't you make out the red R on his jacket? Suicune is just awsome, Celebi is so cool when it's evil, and I thought the idea of timetravel was cool,

When you think about it, the first hunters' attempt to catch Celibi was genius, isn't it?

Celebi is a grass/pyschic-type and Houndoom was a fire/dark-type and Scyther was a bug/flying-type; either way, in a double-team fight Celebi would lose.

yeah, and i think that giant twig monster was a Kabutops or sumthin

yeah, and i think that giant twig monster was a Kabutops or sumthin
    Hey yeah ive been wondering what that thing looked like.
    I mean i was like: Hmmm what dooes that remind me of? Looks like some Pokemon.
    Kabutops doesnt float
    I know that im not that stupid, im saying it reminds me of it
    Whatever.
    **Banner made by me. Click the banner to visit my deviantART**
    - + - + - + -
    - + - + - + -

The giant twig monster was... a warped Celebi. Just look at the head.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

The head I could buy, but the rest of the body is completely out there.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

yeah, but i thought up kabutops because doesn't someone use a mutant fossil pokemon in the 5th movie?

great movie!! Celebi was cool

but Ash used Bayleef againts Scizor? why didnt he use cyndaquil? and they call him a pokemon trainer.....
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemasterJ
    but Ash used Bayleef againts Scizor? why didnt he use cyndaquil? and they call him a pokemon trainer.....
    He managed to defeat Scizor with ease though, ne?

Andrew Guest

This movie was by far the worst.

There was no subtlety.

Ash frolicked with Celebi FAR too long, and was FAR too annoying with Sammy. Not to mention it was really really dull. Then the whole suicine thing was boring too.;

The only good part was Brock kicking some ***, his onix finally making a good battle, Double Koing with a 3rd Level Superpowered evil Tyranitar. The rest just really really sucked.

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumi
    I havent seen this movie yet. I wish see it movie very much!!! Other Pokemon movies the same!!! Unfurtunately I live in Poland. In my country there are only four movies about Pokemon I want to see the all 5, 6, 7, 8 series very very much!!! I love Pokemon, Ash and Misty! I have opsession! Can you help me??? Maybe you know where I can download Anime? Maybe you have this Episodes on CDs? Maybe someone can to send to me this movies on DVDs and episodes on CDs/DVDs, if I will send him/her money? Furthermore I wish to see Pokemon in english and japanese version :P Pleace, help me! I cant longger waiting! I LOVE IT!!! I recorded almost every episodes which was avalaible in my country I believe in you!!!
    You can`t ask about download here. Its illegal.

Ihave this movie on dvd i love it! and Celebi is cute
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Gotenks Guest

PokéMoN 4 Ever is the latest (or however it been spellt) movie in Denmark - and i bought it 4 (:P) 100.- dkkr = 17 us $.
    I think it is a cool Pokéball that Sam(my) has he's Charmeleon in

KasumiYawa Guest

I just noticed a goof. In the beginning of the movie, they are blahing on about Pokemon and how Ash got his first Pokemon, and they show him in the lab with Oak.

However, he's wearing his clothes. In "I Choose You, Pikachu" Ash was in his pyjamas.

Maybe I'm just annoyed because I like seeing Ash without the hat, but it's still a goof...

This wasn't a very good movie. 4Kids shoving "SAMMY IS OAK!!!" into our faces aside...

The animation was bleh. I was hoping for something better after seeing the 3rd movie's animation. CGI Suicune was awful(at least it was only like that in one scene!), and the CGI Celetree(my corny name for the giant Celebi made out of plants & wood, that the actual Celebi made) was stiff and clumsy. Maybe it was SUPPOSED to be like that, but it didn't feel like it. Also, Sammy's presence in the film didn't seem to have a purpose. Many of his roles could have been fufilled by Brock or Misty, cut out entirely without changing the story, or served only to give Oak some backstory.

Vicious was an OK villian. He looked odd(and his dub name is just horrible), but he DID manage to come across as being somewhat threatening, which is an improvement from most of the show's villians. Suicune had a sort-of-but-not-really important role. Celebi...was kind of pathetic, actually. It's obvious that the way it defends itself relies on it being able to run away from danger rather than fight it off.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Robert Guest

I saw this movie on CN Friday (May 20, 2005). It was one of the better Pokemon movies. There was a good mix of action and drama. I also liked the twist of Sammy being Oak. The animation was pretty good, too. This was a great movie.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast