Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

Likewise, I saw this on CN...but I saw it on May 21. And in many respects, I wish I didn't. The plotline was too straightforward, and all the characters were too flat.The anime graphics and the CGI graphics clashed terribly. I also say that Suicune didn't get enough spotlight in the movie...and it was running SLOW...just slow. It does provide evidence for one thing, though: Under the correct circumstances, the Beasts will allow humans to ride them. That scene was done well, unlike everything else in the movie.

Basically the movie was a learning experience about Suicune, and nothing more. It confirmed everything I had hypothesized about Suicune, except for two things: one, its actual top running speed; and two, its ability to heal other life forms (by around 6,000 HP. :P)
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

This movie is like the second worst movie next to Jirachi Wish Maker. I liked the main opening song and how he jumped for the ship - Pretty funny. But thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I used to really hate this movie but now I kind of like it.

This movie moves at a much slower pace than the other Pokemon movies and doesn't have much action in it. However, it has a lot of sad moments which makes this movie memorable.

I loved Suicune's every appearance in this movie. I wished the focus of this movie was on Suicune and not Celebi. It would've been a much better movie and possibly one of my favourites, if that was the case.

It was sad when Celebi died at the end of the movie but I was happy it came back to life.

What I didn't like about this movie was:
    -Too much Team Rocket
    -Not many new Pokemon featured
    -It moves too slowly

I give it 6 out of 10.
    Yes, there wasn´t a lot of action in this film, but I think, it is good. Not everyone loves films full with action and rapid plot. I must say, it is my favourite pokémon film (the pity is that I have seen only 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th film). I like this film for its pokémon - Suicune and Celebi, and yes, it is melting and sad in some scenes. Really good pokémon film in my opinion. The especial impress gives to this film a forest and the life in it.
    My shinies:

Perhaps this is my favorite movie, I liked the part when celebi used that beam attack while in its monster thing.
    My Team

Made by my good friend Charizard Champion#06
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    LOL

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3480 2939 6419
    Pm Me to add.
    PSN ID: CM-Matt

Well, I feel like I lost five bucks to see the movie.

For one, they didn't even show the Pikachu short. They just went straight to the part where Brock's telling the story. (If that's the first thing they showed, then AFTER that, they went straight to the start of the big movie.)

The other low point is that there was little action from our favorite doofus trio (the more known TR). The movie could have NOT had them, and it'd still work, with a little mixing.

Finally... I understand that it's how you guys say it and all, but... they were saying 'Céh-leh-bee'. In the other movies, it sounded a lot more like how we usually spell it, so I think it'd sound better if they said it as 'Cęh-lęh-bee'. It wasn't a total waste, but, if they took 2-3 years to DUB the stupid thing from English and release it, they could have had an improved dubbing.

On the upside, Sam sounded like Yoh Asakura.

I won something. Click above to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Seijiro Mafuné
    Well, I feel like I lost five bucks to see the movie.

For one, they didn't even show the Pikachu short. They just went straight to the part where Brock's telling the story. (If that's the first thing they showed, then AFTER that, they went straight to the start of the big movie.)

The other low point is that there was little action from our favorite doofus trio (the more known TR). The movie could have NOT had them, and it'd still work, with a little mixing.

Finally... I understand that it's how you guys say it and all, but... they were saying 'Céh-leh-bee'. In the other movies, it sounded a lot more like how we usually spell it, so I think it'd sound better if they said it as 'Cęh-lęh-bee'. It wasn't a total waste, but, if they took 2-3 years to DUB the stupid thing from English and release it, they could have had an improved dubbing.

On the upside, Sam sounded like Yoh Asakura.
    The pikachu short was after the movie. o.0 And sammy didn't sound like Yoh.>.<
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

meh the movie was average

In my country, they didn't use the English voices. Dump.

...they showed it AFTER the movie? Isn't that stupid?

...they showed it AFTER the movie? Isn't that stupid?
    Yeah,I hate the format change.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Did they do it to the other movies?

Did they do it to the other movies?
    I think they're going back and forth with the formats.o.0
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

ert47 Guest

The Pikachu Short wasn't in the UK DVD version.

The film wasnt as good as the others... it was too slow...

Suicune was pretty pointless in the film... Jump down a hill, save people, BubbleBeam an enemy, jump on a twig monster and get its *** whooped... Though I wouldn't mind shelling out for a Suicune to replace my Brita Water Filter...

Another thing that annoyed me... The "evil" Twig Monster falls apart with Jessie plummeting to her death... Meowths reply; "Look, there goes Jessie..." Lets not put the 'Duh' in 'Dum', Meowth...
    Last edited by ert47; 14th August 2005 at 9:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ert47

The film was bad... the crying really annoyed me, just like the first movie.
    What?You expect them to be happy that Celebi died?-_-
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

pisces_beedrill Guest

i love the film. celebi is one of the best pokemon there is.
    the crying really annoyed me, just like the first movie.
    you have officially shown me your stupidity. a pkmn they love dies and they don'y cry, what if ur mom dies, u don't cry?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstone
    i love the film. celebi is one of the best pokemon there is. you have officially shown me your stupidity. a pkmn they love dies and they don'y cry, what if ur mom dies, u don't cry?
    Exactly my point, why would they not cry if a loved one died?
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Yet another movie ruined by time travel. Old oak was in the story so he must have returned home via ash earler. However the old lady said that sammy was missing thus oak cant have existed so Ask never got a pokemon so he couldnt rescue Oak.... ugghhh time travel makes my head hurt.
    Last edited by pika_power; 10th August 2006 at 9:45 AM.

pisces_beedrill Guest

yeah, that is confusing

I liked the movie but it ****** me of when the masked guy or whatever caught celebi and turned it evil >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
    I liked the movie but it ****** me of when the masked guy or whatever caught celebi and turned it evil >.<
    It ****** me off too, but if that didn't happen, but then it wouldn't have been a exciting movie now, would it?
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

Guess your right about that.

This episode is one of my top favorites of the movies, just under "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and "The Power of One". This movie is beautifully drawn, has lovely music, has that great twist at the end, and has a great story. The young Professor Oak was great in this movie. It's funny how we see him with the old pokeball and see him drawing like Tracey. It also makes me wonder what the professor thought as time went by in the past and Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, and Team Rocket came around. I also like that Team Rocket has a good ending for the movie.

5 stars for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Man, the forest community in this movie looked more like Fortree City than the Fortree City in the anime did.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

this movie was ok but i think they got the idea for colloseum from this movie didnt they???

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Quote Originally Posted by JONNO.FRESH
    this movie was ok but i think they got the idea for colloseum from this movie didnt they???
    Colloseum wasn't even made when this movie came out. >_> If anything, Colloseum copied the idea from this movie, not the other way around. ._.;
    Last edited by Satoshi; 8th October 2005 at 1:17 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

can't seem to get an answer that isn't dripping with sarcasm and no help whatsoever

so, my hard drive had to get wiped but none of the data i wanted to keep was saved properly so it was lost with the rest of my stuff

so my question, does anyone have the 3 free wallpapers that you could download with the dvd, i'd prefer the 800X600 if you have them

thanks in advance for any helpful advice
    A well-trained is team is tough to beat. But a well balanced team is nearly undefeatable.

Trainer Card by Kevin. Thanks so much!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast