Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

7/10 this movie gets boring at most times but the pokemon in the movie are cool

it was an ok movie but is forgetful. i saw it 3 years ago and i forgot most of it already, unlike the 1st 3 movies which i saw 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Two obvious things to say about this movie

1.) If Prof Oak went to the Jhoto region often, how come those Pokemon wern't entered in the orginal poke-dex.

2.) Prof Oak used what was draw to be an old fashened poke-a-ball, however we have seen trainers much older than Prof Oak use the poke-a-ball's that Ash and the trainers of today use.
    He wanted to keep some of his knowledge a secret.Also,how could he be Gary's grandfarther when he's 50-59?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Two obvious things to say about this movie

1.) If Prof Oak went to the Jhoto region often, how come those Pokemon wern't entered in the orginal poke-dex.

2.) Prof Oak used what was draw to be an old fashened poke-a-ball, however we have seen trainers much older than Prof Oak use the poke-a-ball's that Ash and the trainers of today use.
    He wanted to keep some of his knowledge a secret.Also,how could he be Gary's grandfarther when he's 50-59?Unless he time travelled again and got lost 10-20 years in another time zone until he got back to 40 years ago!

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I only watched this movie once. I really should go back and watch it cause I totally forgot what happens in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi
    Colloseum wasn't even made when this movie came out. >_> If anything, Colloseum copied the idea from this movie, not the other way around. ._.;
    Uh..that's what they said. >_> That they got the idea of Colosseum from this movie.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Volt Tackle Guest

I liked this movie, my favorite part was when Misty twisted her knee.

That was the first ever movie I saw My Mom got me it for Chirstmas, Ash back than was on a list of Knockouts if ya know what i mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

The point where the movies lost their luster. Second least favorite movie (Jirachi Wishmaker was the worst, I don't see why some of you rave about it). I was very surprised when I saw this movie probably my expectations were too high. Although I recently rewatched it, and saw that movies after that were similar. Still I disliked this movie. The only fights were Crocanaw vs. Pikachu, Charmeleon and Bayleef vs Scizor and Sneasel and Ash and Suicune vs. Twig Monster. Most of the movie was spent on Celebi trusting Ash and co. which could've been done in the first 10 minutes. There were a few good scenes. I liked how Celebis from each point in time came to revive Celebi. I also liked how Sammy related to Oak. And I liked the villain in this movie.

the new movies are getting... not as good as they were. Miramax!!! -gets angry-
    I claimed Sprocket in the Claim a Animal Crossing character Thread. Sprocks Rocks!

Mandy the Rabbit's Random Quote of the Day:

Jax is back. -cries-
    Thanks Pepsa

Oniko Guest

The movie was ok... I'll admit, I'm annoying so I naturally fell in love with Celebi, and voted him an awesome Pokemon for me to have, and have used him in my team on the games ever since... My favorite partof the movie was the berry scene. (Celebi: "These Berries are better than *ahem*!")

I do think that there could've been more fights, but where would they have fit in?? (well, I guess Vicious could've demanded a rematch then made them fight his Scizor and Sneasel again vs sending out Tyranitar, waiting for the battle's end to send that out.)

And I enjoyed how they moved the Pikachu short to the end, I understand that some people do like them, but it should be a totally optional thing to watch, and on VHS, which are easier to find, it's rather annoying to have to fast-forward through about 20 minutes of tape.

Overall, it was an ok movie, I've seen worse.

I pay more attention to the story line and it doesn't sound so bad , in fact , I love it .

Everyone have different opinion about that show . The Onix vs Tyranitar part , was quite good , but I feel something is wrong about the fight .

I liked it lot when I first watched it but now it's ok.It's not the best or worst, it's in the middle.

All right, I've got a question. The Marauder learns when Celebi will appear from the Hunter, right? How the heck did the Hunter know? Celebi could have appeared at any point in time, even in the past! Did Oak write about it in a paper and we just didn't hear about it?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    This was a pretty good one, not one of my favorites, but I can't see why people hate it so much. Personally, 4Kids additional scenes go beyond annoying and become rather insulting. You just know they added those scenes because they assumed American viewers would be too dense to figure out the Professor Oak thing and can't appreciate good storytelling anyway. Figuring it out on your own by the subtle hints would have been much better than having it thrown in your face like the big messy blob of plot-ruining garbage that it is.

Anyway, besides 4Kids crusade against good storytelling, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The whole concept of time-travel is always interesting, but it can get pretty hairy sometimes if it gets overly complicated. I think they did a good job keeping the central theme away from the actual time-travelling so that it wasn't too big an issue. For all those who think that the Johto pokémon should have been known about back in the first season, there is a simple explanation for that. You can't work with what you don't have, and back then they weren't created yet in the real world. I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

I really hope that some day I can see the original untainted version of this movie so I can really appreciate it and see it as it was intended to be seen. At least 4Kids couldn't ruin the Latias/ Kanon thing in the fifth movie. -_-
    Yes. The giant rambow bird has no relation to the second gen.

I realy like Sammy. He is cool and cute. heres a pic of him.
    I just made a club deacated to Sammy i dont have any members so please join in. and of you have any pics of him feel free to post them.

I loved this movie! I thought adding Oak in there (even if he was 'Sammy' back then) was cool! Yep! I'm an Oak fan! ^_^

~my lovely twin is: XxM!styxX~beautiful banner by the talented:Skiyomi~
    I'm currently looking for a mint/near mint Umbreon card from any deck. Contact me if interested.

Well I liked the movie and also love celebi. Ever since I played colosseum I wanted to see that movie and one day I found it at a gamestore in the mall and bought it when everyone left the store exept the cashier. I also bought "the forgotten" so I didn't look too weird(I'm obviously an underground pokemon lover, age 16 BTW ). I wish I had a celebi on my games just for fun.

??? if in the colo game celebi sould cure shadow pokemon then how come it was able to be turned into one???

I'll give it a 4/5 stars because I don't think they poured their heart and soul into it.

Celebi is my favourite pokemon, and i loved this movie! i thought he was so cute in it and he was so cool when he became "Dark Celebi!"
    Announcement:I'm leaving SPPF, not that anyone would care.I may start a new account, I may not

im just gonna say this once, the movie wasen't that good, but the song was the best! and it was really dum how the kid was prof. oak

the movie wasen't that good
    If you think Ash deseved to turn into a Pikachu copie this in my sig [started by eonteam 123456]!!!
    No. 1 Latias fan.

Credit to shooting star for Latias drawing!

One of my favorite Pokemon movies, the artwork of the forest is truly stunning. One of my favorite scenes from the movies is when the gang encounters Team Rocket for the first time Sam stops to ask if their alright and Misty replies with "Oh they'll be alright, unfortunately." I got a laugh out of that. Those Dark Pokeballs are an interesting prelude to the Shadow Pokemon we encounter in Colosseum and XD. I really liked the scene where they showed Sam using his Pokeball and the contrast between past and present Pokeballs when Ash was looking at it, it would've been really interesting if Sam had let out a Pikachu. When Misty twisted her ankle i'm surprised it was Brock carrying her instead of Ash, this could've been Ashes chance to get closer to Misty and let their relationship evolve. Seeing Suicune battle was awesome the animators really did well with those scenes. All in all it's a very good movie and I really enjoyed it, also seeing Celebi is really a nice treat.
    Last edited by Battra; 31st January 2007 at 5:57 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This movie actually had a good plot to it. And the fact that you see Oak as he is little is a very neat effect.

The only thing I didn't like was that Iron Mask guy, I thought he was just too random. Lol

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

I cried when Celebi died temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross View Post
    This was a pretty good one, not one of my favorites, but I can't see why people hate it so much. Personally, 4Kids additional scenes go beyond annoying and become rather insulting. You just know they added those scenes because they assumed 1American viewers would be too dense to figure out the Professor Oak thing and can't appreciate good storytelling anyway. Figuring it out on your own by the subtle hints would have been much better than having it thrown in your face like the big messy blob of plot-ruining garbage that it is.

Anyway, besides 4Kids crusade against good storytelling, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The whole concept of time-travel is always interesting, but it can get pretty hairy sometimes if it gets overly complicated. I think they did a good job keeping the central theme away from the actual time-travelling so that it wasn't too big an issue. For all those who think that the Johto pokémon should have been known about back in the first season, there is a simple explanation for that. 2You can't work with what you don't have, and back then they weren't created yet in the real world. I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

I really hope that some day I can see the original untainted version of this movie so I can really appreciate it and see it as it was intended to be seen. At least 4Kids couldn't ruin the Latias/ Kanon thing in the fifth movie. -_-
    1Im Canadian and I didnt even realize that till the end. Though i watched the commentary, and they said that in the Japanese version, they made it as though it had been a dream. Which makes Sammy Psychic(lol). Though yeah, Sammy is a jargon for Samuel, which is Oak's last name.

2Yes, a spikeball egg pokemon, a bulldog/fairy pokemon, and aquamouse, and a ground mammoth and a rainbow bird were never seen in the first season/first movie.

Time travel is good, but it needs to work well. I think the only hint that would have told me the answer would have been the sketch near the end.

My personnal favorite part is the opening credits with 'born to be a winner' remix. Also, I noticed that Sammy and Ritchie share the same voice actor. And they're both friends with Ash. Rather coincidental aint it?

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast