Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Celebi - Voice of the Forest! (M04)

I thought that it was a good movie. It was cool to see Profesor Oak as a kid. I thought that it was great that he was in a pokmon battle. The twig monster thing made no sense to me when I saw it. What was he going to do with it, destroy everything? It was sad when Ceebi died, but I when it came back, that part was so cool!

I personally loved it.
    I'd even say it's my favourite film so far (only seen up to Heroes) and I thought it was great.
    The bad guy was actually evil and Team Rocket had a nice amount of involvement, not too much, not too little.
    The forest was gorgeous. The young Oak thing was a nice twist (even though we all saw it coming a mile off). It was nice to see more thought going into the plot as opposed to the standard linear affair we usually get.
    I thought it could have been slightly more epic during the floating twig monster bit as they battle to get to Celebi, but I thought the climax was fantastically emotional, and I'm an emotionally dead person. The action was great and Celebi was fun.
    I loved it. I don't understand all the hate. I thought it moved at a great pace and was just amazing all round.
    5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    Ahh Pokemon4ever such a good movie I enjoyed it.
    We know Sammy was sent back in time.
    The evil person took over celebi and made it dark which was sad.
    It was sad when it died that part made me cry
    But at least they brought it back to life.
    Suicune was seen too and cleaned the water which was pretty cool.5/5 stars for this movie in my opinion.
    I barely noticed the difference between the dirty water and the clean water...

Quote Originally Posted by milenadrg
    Man, that was Profesor Oak? He and his past form are not simmilar to each other:P
    There was a forty-year range of time involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcan
    The forest was gorgeous.
    To me it was okay, but... oh well.

The young Oak thing was a nice twist (even though we all saw it coming a mile off). It was nice to see more thought going into the plot as opposed to the standard linear affair we usually get.
    Yeah, in the Japanese version the only hinting of Sammy and Prof. Oak being the same perosn was that scene in the credits, while the dub had scenes added to hint at those.

I don't understand all the hate.
    The problem I had about it was that the movie wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. And I had some decently high hopes about the movie.

It makes sense for Oak if not to remember the specifics at least know that it wasn't a dream. He has a sketchbook full of pictures, after all, so even if he thought so initially, next time young Yukinari opens it he's going to be in for a shock.
    I'd say that maybe he'd think they're just drawings he'd forgotten he'd drawn, but... surely somethings wrong if there's a Celebi in one of his drawings, because he's probably supposedly never seen one before.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Celebi is one of my favorite legendries!

♥ 'reach for the stars, even if you miss you'll land among them' ♥

I liked it.
    So many unexpected events, the Dark Balls, the Dark Tyranitar, Poor Celebi almost dying, Sammy Oak, alsorts.
    AND SUICUNE
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/zkjz1w.jpg[/IMG]

This is my all time favorite pokemon movie. Celebi is my favorite legendary pokemon and I thought it was even more amazing in this movie. To be honest, I had no idea that Professor Oak was actually Sammy. I'm also glad I didn't catch on to that because it might have ruined the movie for me. I liked how the villian in it was a highly ranked member if Team Rocket. I hated seeing Celebi being forced to destroy such a beautiful forest, and was also sad seeing it attack Suicune. I'm extremely glad that Ash and Sammy were able to rescue it, but I became very emotional when it began to die. Even Suicune purifying the lake didn't help. When the other Celebis came through time to save it, I was overjoyed.

I have always wondered one thing about Sammy being Professor Oak though. He obviously knew Ash had a Pikachu. I wonder if he caught that Pikachu specificly for Ash knowing that he is destined to have it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This movie was good,but it was sad to see Celebi pass away. The villain was indeed very evil. So evil that could threaten the universe.

Man, rewatching this movie in Japanese(which is totes better than the english version since they're not shoving the SAMMY=PROF.OAK fact down your throat), I was surprised by the amount of Ho Yay just oozing off the screen - the Ho Yay which I completely missed when I was a child. I kinda squee'd and then remembered that Yukinari was Professor Ookido but shrugged and squee'd anyway because yeah, they are that cute.

I bawled my eyes out in Celebi's death scene. The music, Satoshi wanting Celebi to eat the fruit, Celebi's shrivelled body...thankfully, tears of sadness turned to tears of happiness when Celebi was revived but still....sob. God, for some reason only Pokemon can make me wibble like this. Not cool.

This movie is among my favourites - I tend to prefer the movies where the MAJOR BATTLE isn't the main plot point. These kinds of storylines that focus on the bonds between the characters tend to be more of my thing.

So anyway, while not a ACTION EXPLOSIVE BATTLES kind of movie, it's a nice, cute movie that I found enjoyable and relaxing to watch. And no movie!villain shall ever top Vicious in being an evil villain, I swear. :>
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

the movie hurt my brain! >.<

darn time-travel...

but i did love the movie when suicune appeared.
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

That Celebi was adorable, except when it turned evil. Also, did anyone else think that the enormous thing it created out of vines sort of resembled Darkrai's body shape? Other than the big wings it had, it looked a lot like it had been modeled after Darkrai.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

it more was a syther to me, but i loved the whole sammypf. oak!
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

This was an alright movie. Suicune was really cool.
    But celebi was kinda annoying -_-
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

This was a great movie! The writers really tried to make all the Johto Legendaries have important roles in movies.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

This was my second and last pokemon movie I seen in theatres.

I liked it then and now. It had a very intersting story. And I must say the Iron Masked Marauder makes a very evil villian.

I liked how Professor Oak looked young in this movie and Diana, too.

Well Suicune was cool too. At first I thought he was an enemy when I saw promo pictures back in Summer 2002.

Although I used to think that Sammy and Oak are different characters. I've learned that they weren't.

Here we go: It was the first and only movie I've gone to see in theatres, and when I went, they didn't give me the promotional card ;_;

About the movie:

It wasn't good. It was too sappy for my taste. It had it's moments. Basically the Team Rocket parts and the giant Celebi monster parts.

Otherwise, it was dull. I didn't think the animation was very good. This movie didn't have any parts I remember too well, which is bad.

4/10

Great movie, my favorite.

I loved Celebi, it was cute. and i loved to see the battle between Charmeleon and Sneasel.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

im curious, did professor oak know ash before he(ash) was born?
    Last edited by Lunanight; 9th January 2010 at 5:47 PM.

I just finished watching this movie on CN for the first time in years. To be honest, this movie was OK, it really wasn't that great. Even when I seen it a few years ago I didn't like it much. The best battle was Charmeleon & Bayleef vs. Scizor & Sneasal, too bad it was so short. I didn't like the story that much but seeing a dead Celebi and Ash trying to revive towards the end it was a little touching. It was a little weird and confusing how Oak had met Ash long before he gave him his first pokemon yet acts as if he never did and never made any mention of it during the show. But I've gotten used to some things in pokemon not making sense so it doesn't bother me that much. Suicune was cool but I felt like it could have done more and could have been made to seem a little stronger than it was. Overall this movie wasn't great, but it was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB13 View Post
    I just finished watching this movie on CN for the first time in years. To be honest, this movie was OK, it really wasn't that great. Even when I seen it a few years ago I didn't like it much. The best battle was Charmeleon & Bayleef vs. Scizor & Sneasal, too bad it was so short. I didn't like the story that much but seeing a dead Celebi and Ash trying to revive towards the end it was a little touching. It was a little weird and confusing how Oak had met Ash long before he gave him his first pokemon yet acts as if he never did and never made any mention of it during the show. But I've gotten used to some things in pokemon not making sense so it doesn't bother me that much. Suicune was cool but I felt like it could have done more and could have been made to seem a little stronger than it was. Overall this movie wasn't great, but it was alright.
    I was very happy to wake up this morning and see that this was was CN, so I watched it.

I loved seeing this movie in the theaters! I loved the time traveling plot and how Sammy was Professor Oak! Being a little kid back then, it took me a while to wrap my head around that. I'm not really sure why Professor Oak acted like he never knew Ash, but obviously he remembers time traveling with Celebi and becoming friends with Ash since he kept his sketchbook that he sketched in of Pikachu and Celebi.

Didn't like this movie very much... It was cool to see both Tyranitar and Celebi both in this movie. It was cool to see more Celebi come down to save the other Celebi's life. The bad guy with the Iron Mask was very bizarre... This movie felt very slow...

20/100

100/100! I mainly loved this movie for the dark celebi ^_^

You know, at the end of the movie when Ash is talking to Prof. Oak, the song in the background is the song that plays whin Mewtwo Strikes Back after mewtwo wiped the memmoreis of the adventure clean and Nurse Joy invited everyone to take shelter in the pokemon center. I think that's the only time they ever use music from Mewtwo Strikes Back in the movies, Mewtwo Returns is not a movie. Over all, the movie was awesome, Celebi is cute, "Biiii! Brebiiiiii! biiiiii!", Celebi.
    I cried a little when Celebi died, but felt better when the Celebi from the past and future came and revived it. Mew and Celebi are some of the cutest yet most powerful pokemon in the world. Did anyone else notice that music thing i mention above though? What's that song called?
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunanight View Post
    im curious, did professor oak know ash before he(ash) was born?
    Yes he did due to traveling to the future with celebii.
    My friend Code:
    0389 9180 8319
    Name Kamerin

This was my favorite movie because Celebi is my favorite legendary

Celebi is so cute in this movie. When it is under the villain's control too. Dark Celibi is cute!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast