Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

Now, we're getting somewhere! Great storyline, landscape, music, and it's sort of dramatic. The ending was emotional.

10 out of 10
    Gone.

I like Latias and Latios, but I didn't really like the storyline. It got kinda boring after the first 30 minutes and it was a really short movie. The only part I really liked was when they had that Altomare Water Chariot race.

This wasn't too bad for a movie. Annie and Oakley are good for villains. They're the first female villains. My favorite song was "Stop the Water". And Altomare is a pretty place (which came from Venice). Latios and Latias were also cute pokemon.
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Okay, I just recently saw the Japanese version of this movie, and I must say that it was definately better. The intro was pretty neat and the film makes more sense with it. I had to have someone explain a few things in the actual movie since I know virtually no Japanese, and everything just fits better in the original version. I'll never know why 4Kids fealt like it was their job to change stuff around, but they pretty much messed up the whole movie by doing so. Also, although I thought the music they chose to use at the end of the dub version fits pretty well (yeah I know, 4Kids chose music well ) the original was better. It was a pretty catchy song, and I liked it a lot.
    ~

Gee, wonder who helped out with the explanation of the movie to ya and such. XP

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

GameFreak37 Guest

I liked this movie too but there wasn't as much battling and less action my favorite is still JirachI: Wishmaker, but I loved this movie as much as i loved all the others

One of my favorite aspects about this movie was the music. Oh, and nothing like watching a giant Kabutops and Aerodactyl rampaging across the ol' Aqua Capitol.

Trendy_boy87 Guest

isnt the opening song from the first series as ive seen the japanese start and it was the same opening they started with

Ryuu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Oh, and nothing like watching a giant Kabutops and Aerodactyl rampaging across the ol' Aqua Capitol.
    Agreed.

The movie was great, but it wasn't my favourite. It was good, Latios's sacrifice in the end was touching as well but I for some reason wasn't completely satisfied.

Of course, the mystery remains : who kissed Ash at the end? I'm damn sure it was Latias, because Bianca has no reason whatsoever to do so. But Latias took a liking to Ash and hence kissed him goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy_boy87
    isnt the opening song from the first series as ive seen the japanese start and it was the same opening they started with
    It was a different version of Mezase Pokémon Master. It was Mezase Pokémon Master 2002. There's tons of remakes for the first opening. And quite frankly, it fit alot better than "Master Quest" did.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Gee, wonder who helped out with the explanation of the movie to ya and such. XP
    Yeah, and I really appreciate it too.^_^
    ~

Question The DMA and the original legend

OK, so we know in the dub legend of Altomare the people of the city built the Defense Mechanism of Altomare (DMA) to prevent evil from taking control of the city again. But what about the original Japanese version of the legend? The plot summary doesn't really give a reason for the creation of the DMA, other than to control the city. However, it seems kind of sick and twisted to build a machine that works by sucking the life out of a Pokemon, and worse, one that helped saved the city in the past! (Maybe Neocons are in control of the city council? )

So, when was the DMA built, and what was it built for?
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

A lot more is left implied in the original. The device (which was never named) was built long ago to help defend the city in time of need. It is fairly clear that its purpose is to harness the power of the Latis in ways they themselves cannot. When used wisely, it should be able to ward off whatever the threat is without harm to the Lati@s powering it.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Perfect Darkness Guest

[QUOTE=Aurora Wish]Annie and Oakley are good for villains. They're the first female villains.[QUOTE]
    Annie and Oakley were not the first female villians. Jessy from the Jesse and james duo and Cassidy from the Butch and Cassidy duo.

It was a good movie, but very touching in the end. It was sad, but a good sad. I loved where Ash got confused because Latias kept being the girl.

adolf_hitler Guest

i love the way how latios and latias uses Luster Purge at the last part.But by the way,I thought latias can't use that. -.^.

glitchhunter Guest

I luves this movie! The ending was really sad though-- I even almost cried. I wanna see the Japanese version though. It's probably my third favourite of the Pokemon movies ^_^

I havn't seen this movie yet I'm still waiting for it to come out in the uk but it looks cool whats so sad at the end please dont spoil this I will work it out.

Just click it already.

SKSpawn Guest

Anyone know when this film is gonna be released in the UK?

It's been out since like January or something in the US and the US have also released the Jirachi film before the UK even have Heroes, what's up with that?

guessed half way through the moive what would happen but that might be because of hammy ham hams custom user title and avatar. and why didnt misty and brock send all ashes pokemon to help too?

Heh, I wondered the same thing. Crobat could have easily enough just carried Ash's belt to him with all the pokéballs on it. Of course the movie wouldn't have come out the same if Ash had been able to use all his pokémon then. I actually kinda liked how the focus was more on the characters and we didn't see their pokémon very much.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by SKSpawn
    Anyone know when this film is gonna be released in the UK?

It's been out since like January or something in the US and the US have also released the Jirachi film before the UK even have Heroes, what's up with that?
    Yeah, how hard is it to translate English to English?
    When is it out here anyway?

This gotta be one of my favourtie Pokemon movie or episode alive right now.. Pokemon 2000 is my fav too but my tape of that is busted, not working properly.. But i really liked this movie.. the ending was a bit sad but i rate the movie 10/10, my favourtie out of all the Pokemon esipodes and movies.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Unhappy Unfortunate real-life events

So, how does everyone feel about how the ending of this movie relates to the unfortunate timely events going on right now? This brings up a question: Did Latios & Latias efforts to stop the water stop it everywhere, or did they just stop it from hitting the island? As we know now, waves can travel a great distances, and the mainland wasn't even very far away.... Although since Pokemon is more about fantasy than science, and since the wave wasn't necessarily created from seismic activity how they managed to stop it is completely open to interpretation.

It's kind of scary thinking about how that scene played out in the movie and how things happened in real life: The water in the area suddenly disappears and then comes back, washing everything away. I can see now why this element was chosen since there are probably lots of tales and folklore about tsunamis that would strike an emotional chord with viewers.
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

Has this been relaesed in the uk yet?

Aside from the talked about Latias-Ash, thing, I sort of got a surprise from Meowth here, since he called Giovanni by his name, they've never done that before.

Annie and Oakley were more compatent than those three;

Annie: "Uh-oh, this isn't good."
    Oakley: "No kidding!"
    Annie: "No, you don't understand, I'm not good in enclosed spaces."
    Oakley: "You're not too good at keepig your mouth shut either!"
    It's funny with Espeon and Ariados was listening to them.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast