Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

i just watched this last night and i thought it was really god i liked latias and latios and how latias kissed ash at the end. i think it was latias because bianca always had that hat on. also in the introduction theirs a porygon behind brs as if it was in prison it made me laugh lol
    Last edited by dainswfc; 3rd April 2011 at 12:03 AM.

this movie is by far my fave of all the pokemon movies i think it was really cute the way latias went to ash for comfort instead of her lifelong friend bianca
    is awesome

It's been a few months since I said I'd review this. So here's my halfway attempt at it.

For me, I think this movie is an example of a first impression always sticking with me. My mom got this movie for me by accident in the first place; I hadn't asked for it. But she was nice enough to let me keep it, so I thought I might as well try it out one Sunday evening when I had a few hours before bedtime (school the next day). So watching the movie, I caught right away this would be one focused on Ash, and solely on Ash. His interactions with Latias are all the more touching because Latias can't talk; that's really the biggest thing. B/c Latias can't talk, almost all of Ash's dialogue with her feels like his sincere thoughts; Latias is characterized as a pokemon, and a simple one at that, and so it never feels like she has ulterior motives or is manipulative. She can think for herself, and does at times in this movie, like when she defends Ash from Latios's attacks; but it's as if she doesn't expect to find bad people in the world, and when confronted with such a situation, she needs support (from her brother, and then from Ash) and, even then, would probably prefer to run away. The support she needs though, is something that a strong character has to provide. And considering the version of Ash that's in this movie, I had never really though of him as a strong a character in that sense, capable of shouldering that type of responsibility and giving that type of support. And, of course, the movie does a great job of developing the friendship with some romantic tension in Latias's transformation to Bianca, building up to Latias's goodbye kiss at the end of the movie. A couple of the scenes in this movie, I think, are ones we're likely never going to see again in this anime from Ash's point of view (both with Latias in Bianca's image). The first is Latias swinging with Ash on the swing (and the way he fell out of the swing when Latias transformed to her true image was so funny, in that that's the way a lot of guys would react if a pretty girl was shown to be a pokemon like that), and the 2nd one was where Latias was crying on Ash's shoulders. Those types of shippy liberties are ones the writers don't get to have normally, and so this movie allowed them to have some fun with that.

And I didn't even touch on the theme of death. Latios actually dies, which is the first real show of that (the anime has flirted with it at times in the past few movies). It's amazingly touching how it happens, and there's good foreshadowing leading up to it. The death also makes Latias's goodbye kiss and her delievery of Bianca's painting that much more impactful, giving it more meaning than just a romantic one. That's the thing I think any movie strives to show, that some special memory has been created by what's occurred in the movie, and it really felt like one had been created for Ash and Latias.
    Last edited by wind21; 1st June 2011 at 4:44 AM.

This is the only movie I hav'nt seen.

Saw this movie for the first time today. Never got to see it bcause of the crappy promoting they did so i had no idea it was even in theaters. the DVD came and went quick before i got to pick it up and they almost never show this one on TV.

walmart has the fourth and fifth movie in a DVD two pack. so i bought it to finally see it.

Was not a bad movie,.. was not the best but not the worst.

Sad thing about Latios.. but at the end.. it shows latias with two latios.. I;m confused about that one.. was latias found another latios or something.. or where they the spirits of latios and their father?

I take it there was no soundtrack i LOVED the movie versions of "you and me and pokemon" and "My best friends" Never knew they existed..

Not sure why the confusion it was obviously latias who kissed ash in th end, as latias really liked Ash from the beggining trying to help him win the race, always goijg to him when she was upset, playing with ash and such. Bianca didn't show much of anything to ash.

and I thoguht misty was gonna have a bigger role in this being as she won the race.. but seems the race did not have much to do with the plot.

I don't know why everyone says Annie and Oakley where members of Team Rocket.. this was not stated anywhere that i saw... They said they were spies working for giovanni,.. they could have been hired spies kinda like how Hunter J was hired by Team Galatic later on.

and one more thing Larenzo and his eyes! WOW That was one weird lookin dude!!
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 26th June 2011 at 5:07 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I remember the first time I saw this movie, 7 years ago, a friend of mine borrowed me the movie. I liked it, until Latios' death, which made me cry for hours (my sister still bullies me about that)... Then I said I never wanted to see that movie again... However, two years later, I bought the movie on DVD after getting money from my grandparents for my 12th birthday, because I remembered that I liked the movie, until Latios's death, which was my reason to buy it. Now I like it, it's one of my favourite Pokemon movies, and one of my favourite movies overall (most of my favourite movies are Pokemon movies).

About the kiss: Latias kissed Ash, and not Bianca. Latias/Bianca dind't wear her white hat, and she didn't talk (Bianca would've spoken). And Latias tries to help Ash multiple times during the movie.

It was great to see Brock and Misty being jealous, altough that dind't cheer me up after Latios' death.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 4th August 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post

About the kiss: Latias kissed Ash, and not Bianca. Latias/Bianca dind't wear her white hat, and she didn't talk (Bianca would've spoken). And Latias tries to help Ash multiple times during the movie.
    But Bianca's hat was on her chair, so it could be Bianca too.

In my opinion, BEST MOVIE EVER!

@Kariris, Bianca does not always have to wear that hat. Believe me, it was Latias. If it would be Bianca, why dind't she talk?

@Halloweenghost, I agree with you about the kiss, Bianca doesn't have a reason to kiss Ash, but Latias does.

About Latios' death: this was the first time someone died in the anime. In the first movie, Ash died but came back to life, so that doesn't really count. I think the writers of the movie shouldn't have made Latios die.

If I have to rate this movie, I'd say 9/10, it would be 10/10 if Latios would not have died...
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 4th August 2011 at 12:50 PM.

This is definitely my fave pokemon movie ever! It reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine for some reason (OH THE NOSTALGIA!!!) and dont even get me started on Latios and Latias.

I love all of em really. XD

I just got around to watching this movie today, and it did not disappoint. Latias was adorable. <3

Plot was interesting, characters were likeable, and it has inspired me to create a team around Latios in competitive play. :P I'd stick a 8/10 rating on this movie. Would highly recommend it to others.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/scqki8.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Clan Info and Badge:

(Credit for the Vappy Banner goes to GuitarzandBulletz)(Credit for the Vappy badge goes to _Snivy)

Not a favorite, but I like watching it for the background music, scenery, and Latias and Latios.

Seriously, aside from Annie and Oakley (sorta), the human characters are bland. Bianca and Lorenzo pretty much did nothing the entire time, Misty and Brock did little, Team Rocket tried to do something, but failed, and Ash took the attention.

What made the movie was pretty much Latias and Latios, and their relationship with one another. I think this was the only time in the show we saw sibling Pokémon with the protective older brother, and his little sister who is lovey-dovey, playful, and finds out she can care for herself. It's unique in its own way because it's done with Pokémon, who can only communicate to the audience through body language and possibly their tone of voice. Though in the dub, Lorenzo said they're orphans because their father saved the town, but I think they pretty much have just grown up there. The translation says families of Latios and Latias visit, so I think one couple decided to stay there in the garden and had kids. Then the parents either left, or they died, leaving them behind. So they became literal guardians of Alto Mare. They pretty much don't know about the outside world, at least Latias doesn't. I think that's where the Sight Sharing came from, because Latios is the one who travels the most, and shares with his sister the world. Even if she leaves the garden, Latios has to be there to make sure she stays out of trouble. But I think she sneaks out from time to time, since she can transform into a human. I have not seen Latios do this, though he is aware she does this, at least the transformation part.

I think I'm straying from my explanation. My only favorite part about the movie is just watching the siblings and how they interact with each other. It really makes them human to see Latios sacrificing himself to save his sister, and watching Latias rescue him while she grows more mature. It's rather quick, but she had to learn to take care of herself and protect those around her really quickly. And that's what I think is heart-breaking about the movie is watching her innocence die like that as her brother is stripped from her. He is the only family she has. The movie may end on a bittersweet note like that, since she does seem rather happy when Ash leaves, but we don't see her mourn, which I'm sure she does. And people say the Latios and his two small children are probably memories or something like that, but I think they were real. So at least they gave us a hint that Latias probably wouldn't be alone after the movie, and that makes me feel a little better about it.

But still, this was dark for a Pokémon movie. Yeah, Celebi died, but he was revived. When Latios died, HE STAYED DEAD. Sure, his soul is in the Soul Dew, now, but he's DEAD. That's the shocking part about this movie, and that's what makes it dark. While it wasn't violent, it was still rather brutal at times (Oakley was really pushing it). So it was effective they had Latios die at the end. If he hadn't been so beat up, he would have lived, but a new Soul Dew was needed, so either way, he would have given himself up for that. Even though the movie is rather childish, I still get really teary-eyed at the end, and that's really the only reason I keep coming back to this movie. The story would have been "bleh" had they done something differently, so I'm glad Latias, Latios, and Annie and Oakley had good characterization going on. They're really the only ones worth watching.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Overall, I liked this movie. I personally LOVED the setting for this movie (Altomare I think?) - it was so beautiful. Latias was another highlight for me, since I thought it was cool how it could change into a human and I just like it as a Pokemon a lot.

Seeing Latios die was sad, but I didn't really care that much about it. My friend, who watched this with me, kept whining "OH POOR LATIOS!!!" over and over which kind of ruined that part for me. :/

Gosh i miss this movie.
    EDIT:
    Just watched it while MMing.
    Last edited by 2rsa; 10th February 2012 at 9:23 AM.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

I liked how Latias bonded with Ash in this movie. This was infact one of the best Pokemon movie bonds. I also liked the kiss too.

My ideal battle ever!

This is still my favorite movie of all 14 movies. Latias is still my favorite Legendary of Hoenn and I like her bond with Ash. I was sad when Latios sacrifed himself but my sprit was risen with the kiss. That made me a Altoshipper (a big brother/little sister relationship, nothing about breeding)

9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    This is still my favorite movie of all 14 movies. Latias is still my favorite Legendary of Hoenn and I like her bond with Ash. I was sad when Latios sacrifed himself but my sprit was risen with the kiss. That made me a Altoshipper (a big brother/little sister relationship, nothing about breeding)

9/10
    I find the characterisation of the pokemon in this movie to be quite exceptional as well. I mean I actually find pokemon like Shaymin and Victini to be quite flat and uninteresting to watch. Same some others, but they got the dynamic with the Lati twins just right.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

i'd give it a 8/10.
    definately not my favorite but it wasnt bad.
        Spoiler:

other than that it was decent.

also, can the lati's not speak when they are human? Or did they just not speak, cuz they didnt want to and/or didnt stay human long.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

This one is my favourite movie partly because I visited Venice before I saw the movie and the setting was totally cool. The Lati twins were well done too, I thought, and it still had Misty and Brock in it.

This was always one of my favorite Pokémon movies because Latias and Latios were my favorite legendaries. I think they still are...
    ALL HAIL KING SHUCKLE

Quote Originally Posted by 3est View Post
    This one is my favourite movie partly because I visited Venice before I saw the movie and the setting was totally cool.
    How accurate is the movie to the real city? I went to Vancouver for Pokemon Worlds last year, and while it was a nice place, it wasn't nearly as cool as LaRousse City.

Just started to watch the movies I haven't already meaning anything but the first three. I want to watch those again though to see if they're really that good.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I absolutely loved Latios and Latias. I can't wait till we get their mega evolutions, and I get my copy of White 2 so I can finally fight with Latias. Hopefully, it means they will be available in X&Y soon albeit for a limited time.

Anyway, I loved how Latios died. Yeah, I'm a big fan of death in storytelling. When characters go through dangerous ordeals, it's only natural that some don't make it. It's very hard for me to get invested in something when I already know no one is going to be hurt. Gotta say Pokemon tricked me in this case.

Even worse when characters make awesome sacrifices / have great send-offs, and then they turn up alive. Stay dead, damn it.

I mean, sure, I should probably dislike it because I like Latios so much, but I don't really do. It worked well in this case.

I think this one might be the last of the Pokemon movies that I would classify as art. I mean, the animation, backgrounds. The setting. Everything just looks amazing. The soundtrack too as some have mentioned. I've seen a bit of M6, and it certainly looks like the visual quality decreases significantly. I thought it might be because of the director, but it's the same throughout all of the movies. It might be Katsuyoshi KANEMURA, he's the Art Director for the first five movies.

I think I may give it a 4/5 because I thought it was great. Not 5/5 since that would mean Pokemon becoming something that isn't Pokemon.
    Pokédex Progress ( 124 | 96 | 93 | 382 )
    Friend Code: 0705 4182 3961 ( Electric Safari - Stunfisk, Dedenne and Galvantula )
    PM me if you add me.

I just (literally) rewatched this movie. It was such a good movie. I miss these oldies. This together with the first 2, 4 and the Lucario one are definitely my favorites. Latios and Latias were just great, hypes me up even more for ORAS. Sad to see Latios die, but it was for the best, and made the movie more memorable. Great animation, beautiful city as well with great little details. Amazing music as well. We even got to see Brock's and Misty's Pokemon (some of them) which let's face it, didn't happen that often by this time. And Ash and Bianca/Latias at the end (most likely Latias) was a nice touch

Great movie

Does the weapon remind anyone else of the Kalos weapon?

I really liked this movie!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011