Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

Finally managed to get a hold of this film last night, subtitled and all.

I honestly didn't think that much of it. It wasn't a terrible watch or anything, but it wasn't that good either, caught in some sort of satisfaction-devoid limbo. A lot of parts seemed to drag out longer than they should have, the fiasco involving Altomare's defensive machine thing was underwhelming and a lot of the events just...felt like a waste of time.
    I did find the ridiculously cutesy parts enjoyable however, as well as the scenes where the characters were storming down the canals. Altomare was a pretty interesting place, and it kind of makes me wish there were an area like this in the games. Loved the soundtrack too~

This movie was pretty good. When I got this on DVD, it was supposed to come with a Latios AND Latias card. However, after opening it, it only came with Latias. Even now I still don't have a Latios card, but I don't collect the cards as much anymore. Anyways, there was nothing really bad about this movie. I just thought it was weird that Ash got kissed by Latias/Bianca. Brock's reaction to that was pretty hilarious. I also thought it was strange how Latios sacrificed himself (being the first pokemon to do so according to my recall). The giant Aerodactyl and Kabutops was pretty cool.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

i liked this movie and had a new found liking of latias as i felt sorry for her in the end
    FC: 2492 1118 1859
    Name Harry

Everybody Lies it's a fact.(House md)

Well i like this movie because of the following:
    1.Where they are racing.
    2.When Latias kiss Ash goodbye and Brock was jerious.[so sweet]
    3.When latios exchanged his life for the town peace.[so sad]
    4.Lastly,i like the effect and storyline.
    I give a 9/10 for those who haven't watch
    UNDER CONSTRUCT

This movie brings back so many memories, I remember that this was the last Pokemon movie shown in theaters, also remember going to see it and most of the theater was empty only me and 3 other people in sitting in the entire theater. This movie definitely ranks in my top 5 of Pokemon movies, very good plot to it certainly better than the plot to the 4th movie. I loved seeing Latias and Latios again, they really stand out in this movie. It' is to bad 4kids decided to cut out the whole "Legend of Alto Mare" it certainly works better than the Aerodactly and Kabutops story. I noticed some of the Pokemon references from the previous movies it was certainly clever to hide them throughout the movie to give fans a reason to rewatch it again and again. Annie and Oakley certainly make a very good pair of villains in this very confident and know exactly what they were doing although I never understood why Oakley went all megalomanical thinking she could control the world.

The music in the movie is very good some of my favorite for a Pokemon movie also the animation is very excellent Alto Mare looks very pretty. A very sad ending it's shame Latios sacrificed himself it definitely made me cry the first time I saw it. As for the finally where we see Bianca/Latias kiss Ash my money is on it being Latias since she showed more interest in him throughout the entire movie than Bianca did. I loved Misty and Brocks reactions when this happend very funny, come to think of it Ash seems to do better with the ladies then Brock does maybe Brock should be asking Ash for tips on how to get women.
    Last edited by Battra; 28th November 2007 at 1:22 AM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I liked this movie.
    It made me sad when Latios Died......
    BUNP

this is my favourite movie, and it even got me to using latias in my team and she was the very first pokemon i trained to 100. so yeah i like it
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

The bit where Latias kisses ash in Biancas form is so romantic... I dont think the real bianca would accualy kiss ash in front of everyone!

Best Friends Forever!!!

I got the DVD for Xmas, haven't seen it yet but gonna sometime today.

I've seen it now and I love it! That Latias's a rival for Misty! "Who Loves Ash More-Misty Or Latias?" The songs on this are SO sweet!!! "Secret Garden" completely rules!!!! All the music on this is "proper" Shinji Miyazaki, not some cheap Shuckett/Loeffler thing. I'm NOT being bias toward the Japanese, that's what everyone says I am when I start on this... It's a pity that Annie & Oakley were TR in this. The bit at the start with the Master Quest song is so cool, I sang along without even knowing! "I'm on a master quest, I want the whole world to.... Oops!" Crazy. Really sad when Latios died... It takes a lot to make me cry but I always have a soft spot for sad anime.... 10/10!

I really liked the movie one of my favorites along with the Manphy movie. not sure if it was
    Latias or Bianca i hope for Bianca because poke/people kinda creeps me out a bit, remembers chikortia/bayleef. Also the picture she gave Ash was amazing and Latias might have some trouble drawing that.

I guess she knew he was going and sense only a kiss on the cheek a way to thank him for helping.

Quote Originally Posted by AscendingLatios View Post
    The music used over the end credits in the dub is a compendium of songs, mostly from the 2BA Master album. While I generally prefer they keep the original music in foreign films, the music they chose actually works well over the credits. The best song is the end credit opener, "One World" (which may have been written for this purpose?), played over the moments Ash & Co is boating away from Altomare and sees the new recruits flying toward the island.

I bought the soundtrack several weeks ago (yes, I think this film definitely has the best soundtrack also ), and the original end credit music has been growing on me now, also.
    Yeah, definitely the best soundtrack. I'm trying to get the CD. I've got the 2BA Master album so I could sing along to em xD I love The Time Has Come! And My Best Friends is cool too! And... etc.

WooHoo I sure enjoyed myself watching this movie on YouTube.
    Overall I can give 100% for this awesome product.
    Well, I actually Loves this movie the 2nd, right behind Lucario & The Mystery of Mew.

The character I like the most is Latias, well... From the beginning to the end it seems to like following Ash. Then kissing part should be the most romantic part of the show. I couldn't think of any other scenes that Ash is Kissed by *Someone*.

I like the music too. From the opening music to "Secret Garden", and the ending songs Rocks too.

Yeah, definitely the best soundtrack. I'm trying to get the CD. I've got the 2BA Master album so I could sing along to em xD I love The Time Has Come! And My Best Friends is cool too! And... etc.
    I wonder does the ending song is considered in the 2BA album, someone reply me.

Best Pokemon Movie ever. favourite parts are Ash's reaction when Latias Transforms into her normal form, and Brocks face at the end when who ever (most likely Latias) kisses ash.
    By simply seeing this movie, it has thrown Latios and latias into instant favourite pokemon.
    Latias Is so cool

I liked this movie except for one thing. The constant squealing voices of Latios and Latias. I wanted to shoot myself in the part where all they did was talk to eachother. It was horrible. The villains were way too athletic as well

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

I love this movie, the original japanese version is 10 times better for the following reasons:
    *they stuffed up the colour, the graphics and all are completely screwed in the dub
    *the voices of latias and latios, yes they make an annoying sound in japanese, but its more like a trill and "wahoo" sound in the dub they just scream
    *The opening and ending songs - not such a bad point, but the english songs are just not as good as the japanese, plus having multiple songs in the credits is frustrating
    *they cut out the 1st scene in the movie
    *they made annie and oakley from Team Rocket
    *they made a crappy title opening, which would have taken 5 seconds on a computer
    *they add in lines when the characters are facing away from the screen, and they chatter away about nonsense to try and put in comic relief
    Now i own both versions, and do watch the dub too, but I just don't understand how they stuffed up the colour so bad?
    Now for those confused, at the end it IS latias, however Bianca drew the picture.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Ooh, I love this movie. And Latias and Latios, they're so cool. I don't know who's Annie and Oakley but it turns out that they're the villains in this movie. I loved how Latias got her eyes on Ash, is it?

I really like this movie, poor latios
    HeartGold

Sorry if this has been answered but when exactly is this movie set? I'm thinking it's late Johto but i'm not sure.

*sighs* I loved this movie. I loved how selfless Latios was and I cried at the end when he became the new soul dew. 9/10

Most of this movie was good, but I didn't like when Latios died.

I've got nothing better to put in my sig, so I decided to put a bunch of Pikachu! Pikachu rocks!

This is not my favorite Pokemon film but it is one of my favorits. The ending was sad wich is
    unusil in pokemon. I'm not going to say how the film ends because I don't want to spoil
    the ending for those who have not yet seen it.
    Last edited by Menx; 9th May 2008 at 3:26 PM.
    Gotta Catch em all! Venusaur is the best pokemon ever.

How is everyone so certain that it was Latias at the end?

People tell me that it's because she wasn't wearing Bianca's hat (Bianca does but Latias-Bianca doesn't), but we see a shot of her hat hanging up before she runs outside, meaning that wether or not it was Bianca or Latias, neither of them are wearing the hat. Plus I can't imagine Latias would be able to paint so well.

i wonder if they will ever touch on the other pokemon exclusive items, like if they would do a special on the admamant orb or and lustrious orb having some sort of power?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Soul Silver FC: 5328 3631 1592
    Diamond FC: 4382 8150 0519

this movie was pretty cool.I watched all of the movies that were released in north america so far.This one is my favourite next to mewtwo strikes back and the power of one.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast