Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

This used to be one of my favourite movies and I still like it upon rewatching it recently (but in Japanese this time) but I don't love it as much as I used to. My favourite thing about this movie is the setting with all the canals and water. I also love the music, especially the Latias theme.

The person who kissed Ash at the end could be either Bianca or Latias. The reasons are below:
    Latias
    - had more contact and interaction with Ash throughout the movie
    - didn't wear a hat
    - didn't talk or even breathe

Bianca
    - left her hat behind
    - had an interest in painting (could've drawn it for Latias)
    - didn't talk because she didn't want Ash to know it was her
    - has a secret crush on Ash

I think the writers left it open to our own interpretations.
    To Be Continued

Latios dying was such a sad moment and Bianca kissing Ash confused me since I didn't know if she did it or Latias did. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Latios dying was such a sad moment and Bianca kissing Ash confused me since I didn't know if she did it or Latias did. 7/10
    It was likely Latias. Bianca didn't bond with Ash so she had no reason to kiss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    It was likely Latias. Bianca didn't bond with Ash so she had no reason to kiss him.
    True and even tho I know that now, when I was younger I actually thought that the real Bianca had kissed Ash at the end of this film and I sort of shipped them cuz of that scene. It was embarrassing. ^^;

I heard that Anne and Oakley weren't part of TR in the Japanese version, but I didn't mind the dub of this movie except the bluish tint on the VHS.

Good movie. Like how Latias and Latios are the stars of the movie. Wished Latios lived at the end. 8/10 for a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I heard that Anne and Oakley weren't part of TR in the Japanese version
    Yea apparently them being with Team Rocket was only added in the dub. Still, I liked finally having female pokemon film villains even tho they weren't exactly unique.

What was with the bad blue tint in this movie? When I got the home video version like 15 years ago, it pissed me off that the colors looked so dark and gritty. The Secret Garden was such a good insert song though. My fave thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    What was with the bad blue tint in this movie? When I got the home video version like 15 years ago, it pissed me off that the colors looked so dark and gritty. The Secret Garden was such a good insert song though. My fave thus far.
    I didn't notice a tint when I watched this film, tho some scenes did look too dark. And I agree that the Secret Garden song was amazing. I still remember trying to figure out the lyrics cuz they were sung in English, but were hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I didn't notice a tint when I watched this film, tho some scenes did look too dark.
    Depends on which version you saw. As far as I know, only the dubbed VHS version had a dark tint added to it. I don't know if the DVD version did, though. The Japanese version had no such tint.

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    Depends on which version you saw. As far as I know, only the dubbed VHS version had a dark tint added to it. I don't know if the DVD version did, though. The Japanese version had no such tint.
    I saw the VHS version which came with two promo cards hee hee. In fact one of my main reasons for purchasing this film was cuz of the special Latios and Latias cards. I do wonder why the dub added that tint tho. It seems unnecessary. :[

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112