Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

My favourite characters was .She's cute

lightspeed Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    The ending of this movie made me cry... poor Latias , but I loved it when she went to Ash for comfort.

I'm not sure who kissed Ash at the end but I love Brock's reaction!
    In the end I am sure it was latias who kissed Ash, because Bianca has the white coloured hat but the girl that kissed Ash doesn't so it just has to be Latias.

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

I still haven't bought this movie yet. I need to.

I liked this movie for a couple of reasons:

1. The animation of pokemon groups is improving.

2. The setting was gorgeous.

3. Really, Altoshipping makes the most sense for a kid who's obsessed with being "one with pokemon".

But I disliked it for these reasons:

1. You can tell even in the dub that A&O aren't really members of TR and the writers think we're dumb. No matter what class they are, EVERY member of TR wears an R somewhere.

2. It rips off the plot of Pokemon 2000, just on a more local scale.

Smile

I loved this film it was great i just thought the enviroment and the pokemon in it were great. It was overall a really good film better than the others.

Pokémon Heroes to air on Cartoon Network

Yes! I've been waiting to see this since forever!

When I clicked on the movie guide, and saw that Espeon was in it, I was so happy, I cried!

I watched it, pretty awesome. Anyways, it was about time I got A&O right. I learned that the blond one is Annie and the silver one is Oakley.

Notes on Annie:

-"Hey Oakley, the party's over, wake up now." That quote was so cute.

-Annie seemed like she was a bit against Oakley's plan and all. Awww....

-I liked the way her hair bounced when she moved.
    Last edited by Ridley-X4; 3rd January 2006 at 6:37 PM.

Noriko Takaya is mai bishoujo. Click her for what show she's from.

Latias_tamer_3 Guest

Hmmnnn, this is just a speculation but....

Did anyone else besides me notice that Annie and Oakley mentioned that guy from Pokemon 2000 (Forget his name XD) that tried to catch Lugia? Lawrence or something or another, anyway, I just had to point that out. I also think it had something to do with that ancient Mew card seen in 2000 with that Lawrence had that 'sparked' his obsession with Legendary collecting.

Just some 'out there' thinking but that has to mean something, either that or I've been obsessing over a Red Herring. 0-o

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Latias_tamer_3
    Did anyone else besides me notice that Annie and Oakley mentioned that guy from Pokemon 2000
    Yes, so this movie is linked with the second movie. Furthermore, since the second movie has been linked into the continuity with TV series, that means this movie is also linked into the TV series continuity.
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

Seeming 30 days hasnt been yet i can post this:

ive had a quick look and no-one seems to have posted this though it may have been. In the part where Brock explains about Pokemon at the start has anyone noticed that the Weezing that flies by isnt purple. Its actually blue/ green which i think is the shiny colour, plus i watched pokemon 4ever and the weezing in the start of that was purple like normal so is that another shiny pokemon in the anime as such?
    Miteigentümer von der Deutschsprachlerklub/Co-Owner of the German Speakers Club!

Picture from SkySports

DP: Let the Chaos begin!

My friends on SPPF are: superjolteon (Team Shiny member), Eszett and silver girl!

It was one of the best it's tied with pokemon 4-ever on my fave list

Quote Originally Posted by Marowak XD
    i acually found this movie kind of boring... well i havent seen it in 3 years so i cant really make a proper judgement. i remember thinking that there wasnt enough action stuff and too much chasing..
    What he said.

End of post.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Europe has got this yet. If it hasn't does anyone know when it will come out?
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by MUDKIP1521
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Europe has got this yet. If it hasn't does anyone know when it will come out?
    It came out in the UK last June, but none of Europe has had the 6th movie yet.

Oh. I never saw it thats all. I just have to find a copy then I'll get back to you
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Default i love that Movie!

My favorite of them all. The only sad part was,, well I won't spoil it for those of you who hadn't seen it.
    Most Recent Shiny:
    Aron (499 Eggs)
    Current Shiny Targets:
    Riolu (300 Eggs)

Michael/Ryuuto of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness is my bishie for I am the #1 Michael/Ryuuto fangirl! <3

So I've been out of the loop since a short while after Ru/Sa came out...And I only just bought this 5th movie (PAL version).

Now I'm sure I remember seeing pics on here when it first came out and Ash had a battle against someone with a Croconaw...

There was no sign of it in the movie.

Was it cut for the dub release?

(I checked thru the thread and couldnt see this mentioned)

It was an ok film, really too short though. It started out well, but as usual, not enough stuff focusing on Pokemon. Ashs Pokemon were barely seen. No cool battles. It was also shockingly sad.

6/10

Jolteon Jordan, that's what spoilers are for. You can choose to spoil the secret or view it.

As for me, this was the second best movie in my opinion. The scenery and animation were fantastic, and a solid backstory was provided for Latios and Latias, making them as legendary in the public opinion as, perhaps, Houou.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Quote Originally Posted by Anole
    Now I'm sure I remember seeing pics on here when it first came out and Ash had a battle against someone with a Croconaw...

There was no sign of it in the movie.

Was it cut for the dub release?
    That was in the beginning of the previous movie, the Celebi one.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I really liked this movie, and I jsut noticed the reference to Lawrence. I think it was just a fortune magazine that Annie and Oakley, and seeing as he looks rich, he was in it. ^_^

When is this meant to hit the uk?
    Or has it already come and I missed it..?

* My whole post is considered a spoiler to this movie, and seeing that covering up all of this post in one single spoiler tag is not very reasonable, I can only provide a spoiler warning instead. Please skip this if you have not watched all of the movie yet. *

I remember that in reaction to Latios’ death, some people (including myself) felt that Satoshi and the gang left too early at the end of the movie, especially after the tragedy that happened. It seemed like Satoshi and his friends didn’t look all too depressed about Latias’ loss. But as I read an article about Japanese culture and its influences in a popular video game title, there was a section that I thought also related to the fifth movie: The behavior of mourning in Japan.

The following quote excerpts are from the article Grief, Mourning, and Funeral Traditions. They each shed some light on how the Japanese deal with coping the loss of a loved one, and their beliefs in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Grief, Mourning, and Funeral Traditions
    In Japan, healthy grief consists of talking about the loss of a loved one only occasionally with one or two close female relatives. If friends come to pay a visit soon after a death, it is expected that the friends will be entertained. The subject of how the bereaved is faring is quickly dismissed by saying something like, "Oh, I'm fine and how is your son doing in college?"
    According to this, Latias probably coped with the loss of her brother by confiding in Kanon, who acts much like a sister to her. And since Satoshi and the gang are not family, but friends, Latias, Bongore, and Kanon probably thought that it was best to keep their good friends from sharing the grief.

However, Latias has also confided in Satoshi with her sadness on the boat after Latios gave them one last Sight Share and turned into the Soul Dew. Throughout the movie Latias has shown many modes of affection for Satoshi, so it isn't a surprise that she would look to him for comfort, even though he isn't "family."

In Japan, it is considered important not to show one's grief after the death of a loved one for a number of reasons - death should be seen as a time of liberation and not sorrow, one should bear up under misfortune with strength and acceptance, one never does anything to make someone else uncomfortable (including cry), and if there is a problem it should be handled within the family - to talk with outsiders indicates that the family is not strong enough to take care of it.
    This most likely explains how quickly Latias and everyone else recovered from the sudden loss of Latios. And in actuality, Latios never really left, as his soul is still resting in the fountain of the secret garden.

This selection relates to Karen and the passing away of her grandfather, and the tradition of funerals in Japanese culture:
    Karen spoke about the proper amount of grief that should be shown by close family members at the funeral services - discrete weeping with a smile breaking through is good, sobbing is never acceptable and she actually remembers attending a funeral where the sobbing widow was secretly ridiculed by the guests. Clearly, Karen feels that her mother-in-law would define unhealthy grief as someone who "goes on and on about it" and complains about her fate even to close relatives.

The ceremony at the grave was similar to the one at the funeral chapel. In both events there was a focus on the person moving on to another world where he could be of help to those still living. He was given a new name in death and it was understood that he was now perfect, had joined the other ancestors and had achieved the rank almost of a semi-god. He could receive prayers and be of great assistance to the living. Clearly these were beliefs that could offer great comfort to the bereaved.
    Seeing that Latios was renamed as the Soul Dew and is aiding in the everday lives of the Alto Mare inhabitants, this quote relates quite a bit. And knowing that Latios is actively helping the city and never gone in spirit, Latias is comforted and does not have much reason to mourn for such a long period.

Hopefully this helps some of the viewers understand a bit more on the abrupt end to the fifth movie after Latios' death. It certainly gave me a bit of insight on the reason behind it and the Japanese culture in general.
    Ara ara! The SD version cast of ARIA! ^_^

Banner made by me. Please no stealing!

Many many thanks to the amazing Yoru Ryu for making these adorable Ash & Latias Couple Dolls!! *Huggles them*

i love this movie it resored my love of pokemon wheni watched it not to long ago

Hey at the end wasn't there two Latios that were seen? But shouldn't there have been a Latios and Latias instead?

The ending song was probably one of my favorite songs on a Pokemon movie. The reason I really liked this movie was probably because Lati@s are my fav. dragons. This was a neat movie to watch.
    Last edited by Ash's Pika Pal; 20th September 2006 at 4:05 AM.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."-Jesus

Please help save the unborn! http://www.priestsforlife.org/

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast