Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirachi - Wish Maker! (M06)

Hales Guest

I don't think I'll ever get this movie, although I want it... Australia's being slack, they haven't released it yet, unless there releasing when US get the 7th movie, but that'll be a while for us too.

*depressed* unless I secretly buy the dvd in the US when I head over next month... hmmm.

I'm not a shipper. I didn't know that it was a dub line. Sorry for bothering any shippers.

This wasn't too bad. It was so funny when all the candy made the bus explode.
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

i just saw this movie fo rthe first time yesterday, it was awesome, not the best of the pokemon movies but its up there.

i especially enjoyed how Butler wasnt the stereotypical bad guy, he wasnt just a "bad" guy he was more dynamic and had a nicer side to him,

the evil Groudon thing was so awesome, the setting was also quite good, but i found it very anoyying when May was humming the lullby(sorry to anyone who liked it) it so so AWFUL, blah, but the real version of that song used during the credits is now one of my favorite songs from pokemon now
    ohh and not to mention the CGI is almost blending in perfectly with the regular animation just a little more effort and it'll be perfect

so all in all it was very, very good but i doesnt take the top spot away from Heroes
    ....I'm alive???

RocketJess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hales
    I don't think I'll ever get this movie, although I want it... Australia's being slack, they haven't released it yet, unless there releasing when US get the 7th movie, but that'll be a while for us too.

*depressed* unless I secretly buy the dvd in the US when I head over next month... hmmm.
    I actually found a shop that had a Jirachi DVD for sale! It was pirated, but as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't be buying the official version anyway because I want the Japanese version, and the official DVD won't have it, if and when they actually get around to releasing it over here...

Jirachi is so adorable! And his relationship with Max was really sweet.

This was the first time I'd heard many of the Japanese voices, and I really like them. Masato and Takeshi, in particular, sound better than their English counterparts. And Nyasu sounds so much cuter than Meowth. ^_^

The Pokémon movie scriptwriters must be Studio Ghibli fans...the rampaging Groudon seemed an awful lot like the angry forest god from Princess Mononoke... not to mention the Celebi movie, which had quite a few references to that movie as well...

"Chiisaki Mono" is such a pretty song! ^_^ I know quite a lot of the words, and I don't even speak Japanese... I really loved the idea of having the constellations on the ending credits too.
    Last edited by RocketJess; 27th November 2004 at 11:13 PM.

Generation Blastoise Guest

let me try again

[img135]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Generation4Mako/teter.jpg [/img135]

May: I'm going on vacation.

Max: How bout Florida?

May: I WANT TO RELAX NOT GET HIT BY HURRICANES EVERY WEEK!

Max: JUST A SUGGESTION MISS GROUCHY!

May: (Hits Max with frying pan) Heres a suggestion, SHUT THE **** UP!

Max: That wasn't nice.

Generation Blastoise, what on earth does that have to do with this thread?

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I've seen this movie,it's pretty good,though not my favorite.One question though,why did the fake Groudon appear and not the real one?

Thanks to Sceptile95 for the trainer card

My claims:
    ~Bishie: Zack Fair |~VG Character Combo: Cloud Strife & Final Fantasy VII
    ~Video Game: Starfox: Assault |~Anime song: Stray - Wolf's Rain

Butler was trying to recreate Groudon from a fossil they found, so obviously it wouldn't have been the real thing.     Spoiler:
    ~

Oh.But what's the deal with the fake one?

Thanks to Sceptile95 for the trainer card

My claims:
    ~Bishie: Zack Fair |~VG Character Combo: Cloud Strife & Final Fantasy VII
    ~Video Game: Starfox: Assault |~Anime song: Stray - Wolf's Rain

Maybe Jirachi willed itself to make a fake one. Besides, where's the proof that little rock came from Groudon?

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Generation Blastoise Guest

that fake groudon was freaky lookin compared to the real thing

It was still cool lookin

Murg: I think he intended to reply to this thread...not the most intelligent of mistakes...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Azure Pathos-Sketchit Guest

Just seen this movie for the first time. It's become one of my favorites next to The Power of One. ^_^ But what quirked a bit me was that they made Jirachi out to be a boy, when it clearly sounds more like a girl. O_o

I absolutely LOVE May in this movie.
    Brock (or was it Ash? Bleh, I have short-term memory XP): Then that means this candy...
    May: >=\ ...Is finally free! *unwraps a chocolate bar and starts munching on it*
    XD Her lullaby was so, so sweet. But she should have hummed it rather than going "doo-doo" all the time. XD I gotta find Chiisaki Mono on download. It's such a nice song.

The friendship between Max and Jirachi was sweet. I mark the time he broke down crying, wishing for Jirachi not to sleep again as one of the saddest moments I've ever seen. Next to Ash parting with Butterfree. I nearly cried. ;_;

And now that RocketJess mentioned it...the fake Groudon does bear similarities to the angry forest god in Princess Mononoke... o.o

On a last note...Butler is...is...Butler's HOT, damn it. XD And amazing too. His Pokémon lineup is impressive too. Dusclops, Kirlia, Mightyena, Salamence...just wow. His ordeal with Team Magma was quite sad. I felt sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Pathos-Sketchit
    Just seen this movie for the first time. It's become one of my favorites next to The Power of One. ^_^ But what quirked a bit me was that they made Jirachi out to be a boy, when it clearly sounds more like a girl. O_o
    Someone forgot that nearly all males voiced in the Japanese versions of anime are done by females. Plus you absolutely could not pull off a voice for such a cute little Pokémon with an American guy. Especially after we've heard Absol's deep, 34-year old like voice in the dub. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Pathos-Sketchit
    XD Her lullaby was so, so sweet. But she should have hummed it rather than going "doo-doo" all the time.
    I don't think it would have had the same effect. Humming a song like Chiisaki Mono doesn't have the same effect as sounding it out. Plus that part was played by her Japanese voice actress. So they ended up playing two voices for Haruka in the dub.

What's the deal with the fake Groudon you guys ask? Simple. Butler wished for Groudon. He didn't specify if it had to be the real thing or a fake. Hence why ya get the phrase "Be careful for what you wish for." Just like how Masato wished for candy. He didn't specify for Jirachi to make candy or to just transport it. :P
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Someone forgot that nearly all males voiced in the Japanese versions of anime are done by females. Plus you absolutely could not pull off a voice for such a cute little Pokémon with an American guy. Especially after we've heard Absol's deep, 34-year old like voice in the dub. :P
    Yeah, I thought it was dumb how they changed Absol's voice in the dub. I first noticed it when I saw the recent Japanese episode featuring it. All it does is make purring or growling noises, and its name is even the same in both languages, if the original makers wanted it to say 'Absol' then they would have done it's voice that way in the first place.=P
    ~

I love the 6th movie..I like the music video..and Jirachi, and the fact that Team Rocket actually capture Pikachu in this movie.

Claims: Seel/World of Warcraft/Voljin/Cote De Pablo/Hocus Pocus/Ghost Adventures
    Y Team (In Game)

I still think that the fact that the movie aired on Cartoon Network today should have been on the main site...
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

I recorded it off Cartoon Network, I like the beginning where they show all the legendaries fromt the past movies, and Ho-Oh.

Mewtwo does not wear a cape dammit! And Entei disappeared at the end of the 3rd movie.(It was the Entei from that movie, quote narrator: "And some made from our dreams"

And nobody found it strange that a little boy was running around a carnival with JIRACHI?

The breaking for commercials was terrible. They cut in mid scene all the time. Though, I've seen worse. Here's hoping Destiny Deoxys isn't chopped as badly tomorrow.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

What I want to know is when their going to show it again if at all. I was completely unprepared.
    The commercials did not last long at all, but they were still a bit inapproprate because of it. The reason why Mewtwo wears a cape is because he is a drifter. Many anime drifters wear flowing capes (He looked so cool!!)

And Brendan, for the first time ever I've seen him in action, besides the Shiftry what was the other pokemin he was battled with?

I like Cressillia

It was great seeing Flygon and Salamence in action! And Jirachi was freaking cute, too...
    Diamond Team:

I downloaded the Japanese version of this movie a long time ago, but I decided to watch the dub earlier today anyway. I wanted to see how the dub was handled (besides Absol's voice, and that added Pokeshipping hint, it was pretty nice), but I was mainly interested in seeing the ending credits. The English version of Chiisaki Mono intrigued me, and I also wanted to see for myself if it was true that they kept in Japanese lyrics during the later parts of the song. Low and behold, I heard with my own ears, 4kids keeping in Japanese lyrics for the first time since, I don't know, Nyaasu no Party or something. I'll be damned.

Anyway, I have a question. During the ending, I noticed all the scenes were very horribly sped up (and by the end of it all, the Japanese portion of Chiisaki Mono was cut off). Was this Cartoon Network's doing, or was it like that on the DVD release as well?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Anyway, I have a question. During the ending, I noticed all the scenes were very horribly sped up (and by the end of it all, the Japanese portion of Chiisaki Mono was cut off). Was this Cartoon Network's doing, or was it like that on the DVD release as well?
    That was all CN's doing. I would say it was done for time reasons, but the movie ended like ten minutes early, so I don't see why they couldn't just run them normally.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

lugia65 Guest

Yeah I saw this movie on CN, the only part i really actually liked was that evil looking groudon, that thing was neat >=D still an overall good movie, but not one of my favorites

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast