Thread: Eevee & Friends! (--)

Default Eevee & Friends! (--)

Eevee & Friends

As Pikachu & Co. start to relax, they soon meet up with a friendly Sylveon who invites them to a party. When they go there, they meet all the evolutions of Eevee, but trouble soon starts when Meowth and Wobbuffet appear, seemingly with Umbreon. Will they cause trouble at the party?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

Died a few times watching this due to an overdoses of cuteness. Dammit, Eevee and Eeveelutions, why do you have to be so freaking cute. Flareon and Jolteon were my 2 favourites in this movie. Wobbuffet dressing up as Glaceon wins an awesomeness award.

My favorite part was when mijumaru was being welcomed by jolteon which gets a 10/10. The rest was boring and way too cute for its own good. So a 0/10. Averages to a 5/10.

The short was pretty adorable. It's nice seeing all those Eevee evolutions. The part with the light show thing from the other Pokemon were cool.

I like cuteness, but only if there was something to it. This short was boring and hard to sit through. Why? One aspect of it was the narrator. Oh dear God, her voice grates on my ears and makes me feel uncomfortable inside. I dreaded hearing her speak up about what's going on because I don't like how she sounds too sugary like she's reading a story to kids and is putting on a smile for the show. Which makes sense, but I don't think I would've liked her voice either as a kid. As sparse as she was, the narrator was so unnecessary throughout the majority of the scenes she spoke in because the scenery and actions spoke for themselves.

As for the Pokémon, I didn't mind Flareon too much, and Umbreon's entrance was cool, but that was about it. The Eeveelutions' personalities were introduced, somewhat, but they never went anywhere with those personalities (Jolteon's affectionate behavior could've been a running gag throughout the entire short and that would've been fine). Espeon is a vain Pokémon, right? Well, we only saw it looking narcissistic once, and that was it. Yeah, thanks for setting up characters that didn't go anywhere. I also have to question why the hell Meowth was there to begin with. Was he their personal chef or something? I don't understand... I don't understand what happened in this short at all... And the other Pokémon that are Umbreon's friends or whatever were extremely bland and boring. I don't care that they set up an illusionary show or whatnot, they were pointless.

I got a Goonies vibe from the waterfall slide, and I thought of the dodos from Ice Age with the three watermelons, but they didn't do anything remotely similar or close to "doom on you, doom on you" or whatnot. I'm sad for some reason.

Overall, I got sick of the short almost halfway in and wished something resembling a plot or a (good) conflict would have happened. It was nothing but a rollercoaster ride of diabetes and nausea that bores you half-to-death--and it's a damn shame because the animation is pretty to look at. And this led the audience to the Genesect movie, too. Yeah... great contrast there.

Never watching this short again, a waste of twenty minutes that could've been used for other things. I expected cute things, yes, but I wanted a coherent story and/or entertainment much like the earlier Pikachu shorts. It didn't do diddly squat for me. Ugh...

Scored it a five-out-of-ten on MAL, but I think I'm being too nice on it because it was pretty to look at.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

So adorable I could die! I love the Eeveelutions, so I'm thrilled that all of them got time in a short. I don't necessarily get why Meowth and Wobuffet were there, though. And as the above poster mentioned, there wasn't enough time to really fit the Eeveelutions personalities into the whole short, so introducing the differing personalities in the first places seemed kind of pointless, other than to make them a one-time running gag for Axew when he first met them. The celestial light show was pretty cool. Stunning, in fact. Big fan of astronomy, so that was the highlight, for me.
    Slyveon and those extending ribbons...wow! I also enjoyed how she moved around, as if she were almost floating, fairy-like. All in all- I just want to see more focus on Eveelutions after this, because...wow!

Adorable episode! lots of cuteness going on, but sylveon and umbreon voices were horrible, kinda ruined the episode for me.
    Last edited by besho; 7th December 2013 at 8:37 PM.

It's cute and everything, but it feels like it's for little kids (mainly the voice over)

The Jolteon and Oshawott gag is hilarious, also Meowth trying to impress Espeon and Glacion were funny as well

Although...that's all this short has got for me. The others felt like a legit adventure, I feel this one just wanted something to stick Sylveon into. Definitely not the strongest pikachu short.
    Feel the beat
    Gotta Dance!