Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Dance! (P06)

This wasn't my favorite short, but it was really funny. And it was also cool that they actually had TR in this one. It was very amusing to see all the pokémon completely destroy TR's base simply by dancing on it, not to mention it inspired Nyasu's hilarious quote from the actual movie: "We can build a base that won't be broken or danced on!".XD Though I would like to know where they got all the resources to construct their base and how they managed to build it all by themselves.XP
    ~

I do not recall Meowth saying that, but the short was so funny! Would have been even more if this was the M7 short and we had Lombre and Skitty in the act as well!

But one of the funniest parts were anything with Loudred or the scene with Treecko and Mudkip doing some sort of tango like thing and Mudkip got dizzy!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvair
    I do not recall Meowth saying that, but the short was so funny!
    Well, that quote was from the Japanese version on the movie. At least according to the subtitles. XP

MayAsh1987 Guest

This is one of my favorites shorts. This short reminds me exactly from this one episode from Tom and Jerry. In Tom and Jerry, Tom hearing the radio and hears about the dancing Bear. The dancing bear hears the music, goes in the house, and dances with TOm. When the music stops, the bear stops dancing. This short is very similar to that. I was surprised that the Japanese animators brought back an old classic back to the mini movie. Maybe thats why its so popular.

HADAA Guest

Absolutely hilarious! I have to say it is the best short ever.
    BTW, I tried to jot down the lyrics, but with Meowth's funny English and the background noise, I'm having big trouble getting every word right! (no caption in DVD)
    So can any of you guys help me fill in the blanks or correct them?
    Thanks a meowllion for those who are willing to give a hand =)

____ , _____ , hit the floor and kick it
    No sense staying in a channel!
    ____________(music?)_____________
    Sliding and gliding through the air!
    Nothing(?) time for shaken for time around and awaken
    For sleepy-heads that's in your bed the fun is for the taken(?)
    Forget about the snoozes, cause snoozes are for the losers
    Since everything is looking up then let's party down!
    Every single Pokemon that knows what is going on
    Is dancing and shake that thing until that break a day (hey!)
    Check out the way my friend is spinning and keeps its all
    a grinning and giddy in our pokemon _____(?)
    ____ , _____, hit the floor and kick it
    No sense sitting this one out, yo!
    Don't be tardy, join the poke-party!
    I'm for the poke-party dance!
    _____________now, on the floor and dance now
    Don't be a poke_____, woo-hah!
    Take it(?), shake it, promise you don't break it
    Time for the poke-party dance!

Here's the complete English version of "Polka o Dolka":

Here's your, ticket, hit the floor and kick it!

(Meowth, spoken) No sense stayin' in your chair, NO!

Music, pumpin', now the joint is jumpin'!

(Meowth) Flyin' and gliding through the air!

Now's da time, for shakin, for turnin' round and wakin',
    Da sleepyhead dat's in your bed, da fun is for da takin'!
    Forget about da snoozers, 'cause snoozin's for da losers!
    Since everything is lookin' up, so let's party down!

Every single Pokémon dat knows what is goin' on,
    They're here to sing and shake their thing until the break of day, hey!
    Check out the way my friends are spinnin', it keep's us all a grinnin' and giddy in a Pokémonic way!

Here's your, ticket, hit the floor and kick it!

"No sense sitting dis one out, no!" Meowth cries as the Pokémon logo (literally) crawls onscreen, followed by the short title flying under the logo a few seconds later.

Don't be, tardy, join the Poképarty!
    "Time for the Poképarty dance!"

The completed title card suddenly zooms up at the audience during the interlude: Pokémon: Gotta Dance!

And here's the last bit of lyrics after the title card:

Here's your, chance now
    On the floor and dance now
    Don't be a poke-party, poop-er!
    Take it, shake it, promise you don't break it
    Time for the poke-party dance!
    Latias aways gets a little carried away when it involves love - or perhaps that would better describe Ash in this situation! ^_^

AltoShipping is Pikachu-approved! ^_^

Latios and Latias Fans - unite!!

HADAA Guest

Awesome job!
    I really appreciate FlamingRuby and AscendingLatios for the heads up.
    Thanks again for helping me with the lyrics

You're welcome!

What kind of dancing would you have LIKED to see in "Gotta Dance!"

I like this short...though it was kind of random as far as "where" and "when" goes. Besides that, I enjoyed it very much. It was cute how Treecko was trying to resist dancing and then became the best dancer! I laughed so hard when Ludicolo just came out of no where - it was like "and came form where?" I loved it - 9/10.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Hands down, this is easily the best of the movie shorts. It has a really good story, it focuses on Team Rocket for a change instead of the twerp pokemon, it has many great humorous moments (especially the random appearances by Ludicolo), it has the best end credits of the shorts (though I did like the dance in "Camp Pikachu"), and Treecko was a blast. 5/5 stars for me.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Hilarious Short, enough Said
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxpsyco
    Ok, I'm out, this is turning into a game of spin the bottle O_o.

I feel so bad for Team Rocket, The twerps pokemon destroyed their base. Anyway, this was the best short I hav ever seen. The songs got stuck in me head
    Last edited by penngrade6; 29th April 2007 at 6:07 PM.

I've seen this short so many times, I've actually practically memorized the script. How could you not like this short? It has great music, great animation, and a Loudred and Ludicolo dancing with each other. What more could you ask for? Seeing Treecko trying to resist the dancing is pretty funny, and I love when it finally gives in and starts having fun.

I just watched this one in Japanese - best Pikachu short ever. First of all, the animation is absolutely brilliant, with actual examples of squash-and-stretch (something I almost never see in anime) that make the dance sequences a hell of a lot of fun to watch, and the chase sequences totally hysterical. Someone mentioned a possible "Tom and Jerry" influence, and that wouldn't surprise me, frankly. The scene in the dining room especially feels like something ol' Bill and Joe might have done. Computer-wise, the backgrounds are brilliant, especially in the scenes where the base is getting destroyed. The shot of the balcony crunching and collapsing is really well done, as is that great pullback at the end where Nyasu, Sabonea, Habunake, and Sonansu come up from the basement, the door falls off its hinges, and then the entire wall falls over to reveal the giant pile of rubble. And "Polka O Dolka" is one of my favorite Japanese songs - everything from the zany orchestration to the way Nyasu sings it - so it's got that going for it too.

I also love that there's no need to explain anything in this short, and it all just happens for the heck of it. We don't see Satoshi-tachi at the beginning - we just see Pikachu, Achamo, Kimori, Mizugorou, and Hasuboh out and about with no preface, and it allows the short to get going that much faster. We never learn how Musashi and Kojirou built this place, or where they got the money to do it, but we don't need to know. There's no explanation for Nyasu's Pok&#233;Baton - it's just a stick that makes Pok&#233;mon dance, and no further elaboration is necessary. And in what almost seems like a self-referential gag about how none of this makes sense, during the dance number in the basement, a Runpapa shows up for absolutely no reason at all and reappears in all the subsequent numbers too. It's absurdist Pok&#233;mon humor at its finest.

And even then, we still get great character-based humor. Hasuboh is lovably idiotic (I love it when Mizugorou actually has to steer him in the right direction when the Pok&#233;mon run out of the basement), and the timing on his base-destroying sneeze couldn't have been more perfect. And serious-natured Kimori trying his damndest to avoid being taken over by the Pok&#233;Baton is funny enough, but when the waltz setting gets activated and he finally snaps, it's even funnier. This might just be the most perfectly crafted Pikachu short ever made, and it was a great way to finish off their theatrical run. Bravo!

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

I think I mentioned this on the Arceus movie thread, but this short ROCKS! The best part of all has to be the song!
    Now's da time for shakin', for turnin' 'round and wakin'! Da sleepyhead dat's in your bed, da fun is for da takin'! Forget about da snoozers, 'cause snoozin's for da losers, and everything is lookin' up, so let's party down! Every single Pokemon dat knows what is goin' on is dere to sing and shake dat thing until da break of day, hey! Check out da way my friends are spinnin' and keep us all a' grinnin' and giddy in a Pokemonic way!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Of the Pikachu shorts I've seen, this one was probably the most hilarious, and the humor revolved around that Dancing Pok&#233;baton. Jessie, James, and Meowth had set up a brand-new Team Rocket base to show Giovanni, but unfortunately for them, Ash, May, and Brock's Pok&#233;mon became just a little too curious for their liking. As a result, the Pok&#233;baton got activated enough times to completely short out, and all the while, the Pok&#233;mon danced their way to ruining that new base. I will admit to using the song in this short whenever I feel like exercising, so I feel that much healthier once I'm finished. The chuckles I got when the Pok&#233;baton finally overtook Treecko will be self-explanatory, and so will Lotad's sneeze causing the base's collapse. This was an excellently hilarious short from Hoenn.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

this pokemon short, IMO, is the most epic one.
    The song really gets you going (unless youre a music hater)

any questions?

Team Rocket's pokemon were funny... i loved to see tham dancing

And the music was great.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I've seen this twice since I have the DVD, and both times I thought it was unnecessary.

I liked that Meowth was in charge of the new Team Rocket Secret Base, but then adding music to it? It didn't go well.

It's like the High School Musical of Pokemon :/ 2/10

This short was ok... It was cool to see Whismur, Loudred, and Ludicolo all in this episode. It was great seeing so many different dances shown in this Short. It was funny when Meowth fell into the Cement Mixer. It was funny to see Cancea being like a machine gun. The dancing was funny and awesome to see. The whole building looked weird... In a way I felt glad it fell down lol. Funny how it finally all came down after Lotad sneezed.

51/100
    Last edited by G50; 28th February 2011 at 3:49 PM.

This is one of my favorite Pikachu Shorts, mostly becuse of the song XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I've seen this Pikachu movie back in 2005 alongside with Jirachi wishmaker.

I have to admit, this is the most hilarious Pikachu movie ever made. A lot more funnier than the previous Pikachu movies.

Well, it involves controlled dancing, destroying Team Rocket's new base (BTW, did they actually do a good job with it?) and other hilarious moments.

Two thumbs up for the humor from me. And for the okay story.

Oh boy, this was such a weird short, I only watched it once. I don't know why, just watching Pokémon dance for no reason like that is weird to me. Yeah, it's cute, but there are just some Pokémon who shouldn't dance... but it has since then made me fantasize about dancing Pokémon, so maybe that was the whole point.

But anyway, because this was such a strange Pikachu short, I somehow have forgotten a good portion of it from my memory. Guess it's one of those things you have to watch a few times in order for it to stick or something. I've been wanting to re-watch it again, but I don't have Jirachi: Wish Maker, for one thing, and I can't find it on the Internet. So I'll have to make-do with what I do remember.

And I just remember dancing and a raging Loudred with a stick. Yeah... you can tell I never did get it. But I do remember enjoying it, even if my face had a "WTF" look on it for the majority of it. I think it's something that would keep the kids quiet for a while, so if anything, I would watch it with my little brothers if we were to see it again.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I LOLed at Treecko Waltzing XD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast