Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Dance! (P06)

Default Gotta Dance! (P06)

Gotta Dance!

With Giovanni coming to visit, Team Rocket decide to throw a party at their new base with Whismur. Meowth is managing to control them with a special staff that makes all Pokémon Dance, however in doing so he attracts Pikachu & Co. and they inadvertently trash the area. Can they fix it in time for the party?

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

This was the best Pikachu short EVAR. Loudred and Ludicolo were hilarious, and the short alone is worth the price of the DVD. It gets full marks from me.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm suprised they kept the music, but I would have prefered that they just translated the lyrics instead of making up their own. Other than that, I loved this one considering Polka o Dolka is a song you could listen to for hours. @_o

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

ZTcrazy Guest

I loved it! I was in stitches of laughter when I finished watching it! I better not rant, so I'll just say it got 10/10 for me! Just thinking about it makes me laugh, lol.

Really? This sounds even more naff than the other Pikachu shorts
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

EEEEEEEEE!!!! This is an extremely funny short. Strangely, they actually have the same cool song! I don't know why, but the whismur can sing really good, and ludicolo is tight! There's also the showcasing of many different dances:
    Flaminco
    Hula Dance
    Polka
    Tango
    maybe some square dancing, and a few others.
    xNodame is my Bishoujo! MUKYA! >:3
    xCurrently playing: MinDeaD BlooD (PC), Dairantou Smash Bros. X (Wii), No More Heroes (Wii) [Lots of stuff]
    xCurrently watching: Nothin' [Playing too many games]
    xCurrently listening: Ayako Ono - [TWO OF US]
    <---

[ HAZUKASHII~!]

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
    | Anime List | Youtube Account | Website |

meggirl63 Guest

The part where Meowth fell into a concrete mixer was hilarious!

Is it just me, or did the powers that be get their hands on some US cartoons, since some of the gags in "Gotta Dance!" look strangely familiar to popular gags in US cartoons...

Gigi Guest

Cute movie. :3 Probably my favorite out of the Pikachuu movies. I loved Nyaasu's little dance machine. XD I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingRuby
    Is it just me, or did the powers that be get their hands on some US cartoons, since some of the gags in "Gotta Dance!" look strangely familiar to popular gags in US cartoons...
    ...like....? o_o

Consider:

--The tree gag in the beginning
    --the music in the background when Meowth is in the cement mixer

LOL, this was the funniest Pikachu Short I've ever seen. It litteraly made me laugh so hard I got exhausted. The funniest part was probably the part when all the Pokemon were dancing like crazy. I would highly recommend this to any Pokemon fan (unless if you can't stand anything that weighs heavily on the cuteness factor). Overall it was really good.

Rating: 10/10
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteTrainerRaven
    I'm suprised they kept the music, but I would have prefered that they just translated the lyrics instead of making up their own. Other than that, I loved this one considering Polka o Dolka is a song you could listen to for hours. @_o
    Agreed. 2 of the Japanese versions of it are on my MusicMatch Jukebox playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Really? This sounds even more naff than the other Pikachu shorts
    Yeah, at first glance at the story, it sounds utterly ridiculous and is probably another kiddie Pikachu mini-movie. Such is not the case. It's just plain ridiculous and funny. Loudred busting in and dancing around is just plain hilarious. x_X

meggirl63 Guest

I liked the background dance music. Makes me wanna get up and dance!!!!!!!!

If there is any Pikachu short in the world to keep in tact and make money off of, this is the one!

It is THE funniest one around. I almost died laughing.

I loved it when Cacnea acted like a machine gun. It sounded so funny.

I also loved Treecko trying to resist the urge of dancing.

But I wonder, if Treecko is such a good dancer, why did he resist so much? Also, why was he the only one who tried to resist?

I also wonder, just where did Ludicolo come from? Another plot hole, right?

10/10! No other Pikachu short can win.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeplayer984
    But I wonder, if Treecko is such a good dancer, why did he resist so much? Also, why was he the only one who tried to resist?
    Didn't match with Treecko's personality. It didn't wanna look silly considering it's usually seen as calm and collected.

This was the best Pikachu short that they ever made!

Loudred and Ludico were hilarious. As well as Treeko. LOL It was so funny that I was purple! XD LOL

10 out of 10
    Gone.

This was the best Pikachu Short of my life! All of the dancing was funny!
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

Honestly, I was very surprised with how this short turned out. After the big mess known as "Camp Pikachu" aired with the last movie, I thought the shorts had totally lost it. I was downright sure the creators were losing their touch...then came Gotta Dance.

Out of all the shorts, this is definately the best! I actually wish this short would have been the one shown with the first movie because it just deserves so much more than a DVD release! ^^ All of the pokemon sounded great! Very adorable and in need of hugging X3 The fact they also kept " Poruka no Doruka" was really awesome! Sure the lyrics changed, but at least they kept the music for once! *heh* ^.^
    || The stars rule men, but God rules the stars. ||

OWNER OF THE CHRISTIAN ALLIANCE
    Cartoon Bish; Soundwave

To those wondering where Loudred and Ludicolo came from, that mirrored the Japanese ending theme that this short is based on, where most of the twerps' and TR's Pokemon are seen dancing, with the inexplicable additions of Loudred and Ludicolo.

I wonder where one can find the English version of "Polka o Dolka"...since I got it stuck in my head after one viewing!

I was constantly singing "Don't be, tardy! Join the Pokeparty!/Time for the Pokeparty DAAAAANCE!!! the whole day the next morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Just curious, what were the orginal words? If you could translate them I'd appreciate it.

I laughed everytime the Dancing-Poke-Baton went off because it also effected Meowth! Why make something you're not immune to?

I could sort of tell Loudred was gonna get mad sooner or later.

Pokemon Queen Guest

I LOVED THIS SHORT!!!
    This is my favorite one yet. I love how Pikachu does the impressions and when Treeko starts to sing and dance.lol!!!

Larvitar689 Guest

THIS WAS TRULY THE BEST SHORT!!! I loved all the dancing, and the little maracas the Whismur had.

I generally hated the shorts but this one was just great. I couldn't stop laughing as 12 Pokemon thoroghly demolished that butt ugly base by dancing.

Loudred reminded me of the Tazmanian Devil in the cartoon where Daffy Duck is trying to get him back in the zoo.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast