Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

The Japanese DVD was recently released, so I'll try to get my hands on it and give you all my opinion on it when I can.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Yep, the two little girls are Ryuu's sisters. I'm not sure about him being a Gym Leader, though... I didn't hear that anywhere.

I can't wait until I get to buy it! This movie sounds neat. Hehee, can't wait to see Shota flirt with May in Brock-fashion! X) Poor May...
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    The Japanese DVD was recently released, so I'll try to get my hands on it and give you all my opinion on it when I can.
    I'll do likewise when my copy arrives in a few days.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Skitty
    Hehee, can't wait to see Shota flirt with May in Brock-fashion! X) Poor May...
    Bout time we had someone flirt with May. Now if Melody would just come back and flirt with Ash some more...

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

XD It's sorta funny how someone flirts with Ash/May on the movies. Wouldn't it be funny if Melody AND Shota were on a future Pokemon movie? Ash & May wouldn't get no rest; Brock would probably get jealous. XP One-sided love affairs are funny. X)

I wonder how Metagross will look anime-style on the movie. Metagross is a cool Pokemon.

Abusoru Guest

XD It's sorta funny how someone flirts with Ash/May on the movies. Wouldn't it be funny if Melody AND Shota were on a future Pokemon movie? Ash & May wouldn't get no rest; Brock would probably get jealous. XP One-sided love affairs are funny. X)
    I think, every Movie should have own character. It would be weird; Melody and Shota on next Movie :/
    Shota is a not a good boyfriend for May anyway.

You're right. I just thought it would be funny if it did happen.

Too bad Deoxys' speed form wasn't on this movie. It would have been cool to see how fast it moved on the anime. Still cool to see its other forms though.

Just seen the movie (have pics on the site) and it's pretty good, ending is a bit anti-climatic tho :/

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Just seen the movie (have pics on the site) and it's pretty good, ending is a bit anti-climatic tho :/
    What do you mean by that? It didn't end in a way that wa spleasing...or didn't seem right?

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Thanks for the pictures, Serebii! ^_^ Some of the pictures looked realistic, especially in the background. Rayquaza looked so cool and powerful! Plusle and Minun were pretty cute! This movie looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceX
    What do you mean by that? It didn't end in a way that wa spleasing...or didn't seem right?
    It went from being about Deoxys to having Blocky Rampage the city, it was just pointless and seemed tacked on

Shiny May Guest

the pics were awesome. Munchlax had more appereances in the movie then I expected and I didn't knew it evolved into Snorlax. It's great though
    All the pokemon looked great and there were some amazing shots. Too bad that everything was more around Tory and Ash and that the rest didn't have that much spotlights in the movie. Tory is a good chara though,

All right. I got my copy a few days ago, and have watched it a few times. Here are my impressions.

Technical: There were several scenes where the use of computer animation was painfully obvious and out of place. The scene where Deoxys breaks out of the frozen arctic sea was just plain badly done, as they seem to have omitted mass as a factor in their motion calculations. (The chunks of ice moved more like chunks of styrofoam.)

Content:
    Larousse City: Nice place, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Big Brother would be jealous of the ability the authorities there have to monitor all activity. It's fairly clear that the place was designed by someone with only the best intentions, but it would only take one person whose motivations weren't so pure...
    Also, the designer clearly had too much faith in the reliability of technology. Even in the event of a total system failure, a well-designed system will always allow people to get out of buildings easily.
    Rayquaza: It's a god. And not one of these nice modern gods you pray to for help; this is the sort you placate so it stays away and doesn't destroy your home and livelihood. It's got incredible power, and seems to think of humans and their structures as just another unimportant part of the scenery.
    Deoxys: We've got Mewtwo-level power here, no doubt about it. I have to wonder where they went, and if they remained on the planet, how they'll adjust to life here.
    The Battle Tower: Most of it is purely decorative. If I were visiting the city, I might spend a little time watching battles, but I'd probably be in the library for most of the visit.

More to come when I think of it.

So everyone's finally gotten to see the movie, huh?

I wonder how Metagross will look anime-style on the movie. Metagross is a cool Pokemon.
    It looked alright, but unfortunately, that's the only good thing about it. The pokemon barely moves AT ALL, and it's wasted so much by the director having it just float there for all its scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    It went from being about Deoxys to having Blocky Rampage the city, it was just pointless and seemed tacked on
    Now everyone knows why I hated those 20 minutes or so gained by the omission of the Pikachu short.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    Technical: There were several scenes where the use of computer animation was painfully obvious and out of place. The scene where Deoxys breaks out of the frozen arctic sea was just plain badly done, as they seem to have omitted mass as a factor in their motion calculations. (The chunks of ice moved more like chunks of styrofoam.)
    Some of the 2D animation wasn't that good, either--for example, when Satoshi is running against the moving sidewalk at the beginning of the movie. Terrible, terrible animation.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Team Rocket: Never have they been so screwed over in a movie. Even in the fifth, where they could have been cut out entirely without anyone noticing, it wasn't this bad.
    (Just before the credits roll. Click for full-size version)
    They were hungry all the way through, never got anything to eat, and when electricity was needed, they helped out with their pedal-powered generator, without even asking why. And no one told them they could stop, so they just kept pedalling.

I just saw the pictures of Destiny Deoxys on pkmn-source.net [I like the pics of thinggs better there, no offence] and this movie looks awesome. The part when Corphish scares Tory is hillarious. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Battle Tower part.

To all people who have not been to the main site recently: Woot! Kids WB is showing the movie on TV on January 22nd.
    Ruby Team: Groudon, Nuzleaf, Camerupt, Blaziken, Hariyama, Manectric
    New FireRed Team: Charmeleon, Pidgeotto, Mankey, Pikachu, Raticate, Diglett
    Emerald Team: Blaziken, Gardevoir, Swellow, Sudowoodo, Mightyena, Rayquaza
    Pearl Team: Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Floatzel, Bibarel, Drifblim
    Legendaries: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Groudon, Jirachi, Rayquaza

Just wondering, are there any little cameos of new or unseen pokemon in this movie? There are always a handful
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

As far as I know Munchlax is the Only New Pokemon in the movie.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

PKMN Master Travis Guest

This was the best movie I have ever seen. It is my favorite movie. i liekd all the characters and everythign that happend. This was a great movie.

I ve only seen the japanese version, but it was a nice movie...no the best ( in my opinion it is the very first movie in japanese ^^), but cool in some ways..I liked the atmosphere.
    The battle between doexys and rayquaza, the characters..but..I think that something is missing...the blokc part at the end seems unfitting for a pokemon movie....the animations were not very good ( ash looked somekind of ugly in some scenes..his eyes...I don t know..), I hated the song which was played during the park scene ( and at the ending..) and team rocket was pretty boring...the story was nice..the battles too..but something was still missing..I liked the 6. movie ...so we have to wait for the 3. Advance generation movie to compare...I was a bit dissapointed by this movie
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Pokemon Queen Guest

I live in US, and it'll be on Saturday on Kids WB for me to see it. I don't want to read any spoilers, and don't tell me any, but if you have read the summary, is it any good?

woah guys for me only exactly 2 hrs and 11 minutes.....i'm exited!
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

This is going to be so cool! I hope Munchlax sounds good dubbed. I haven't even seen this movie Japanese yet so I hope it's good. From what I've read & seen, it sounds neat.

15 more minutes till Destiny Deoxys! (I can't resist checking the time ever few minutes)

lilo_kyogre Guest

Are you guys watching the movie?!?!OMG!It's so good!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast