Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

ShadowSneasal Guest

Hey is there something wrong with KIDSWB?? It keeps cutting off where I am.

Shiny Magcargo Guest

y oes it?????

ShadowSneasal Guest

What are you saying?

ShadowSneasal Guest

I guess it stopped.

I think the movie will start in like... 10 minutes.

I'm glad they're showing it on KidsWB. I was expecting to have to go to the movie theater and having to dodge people from my school. -_-

Lindsay Guest

Silly KidsWB! It's the US tv premiere - but the movie was shown in the US before at the PKMN Center or some related event iirc.

Spheal = cute. Jirachi's meteor was jacked by Deoxys. And I already hate bluish-white haired boy.

Rayquaza vs Deoxys round 1 - good! Rayquaza won and it was a intense battle with people actually in danger for once.

Seel and Dewgong in Hoenn? Why? Don't the animators know anything about the games? Uh wow Munchlax's debut is very subpar. What a boring new PKMN. The look on May's ID card is way funny! :lol:

10:00 - 10:30 = Average.

Blaziken and Blastoise vs Pikachu and Torkoal - lame. Stupid matchups + stupid kid = blah. Oh and the B & B team won. Poor Ash.

Deoxys is now ripping off Mewtwo by landing ontop of some pole overlooking a city. What won't this lame PKMN ripoff? Ash really shoulda knocked girlyboys block off with a nice punch but peace loving May stopped him. Wahhh! Music scene showing off all PKMN including spoiler one was fun. Erm the professor named Deoxys or just knew its name magically?

10:30 - 11:00 = Crap.

Rayquaza being shown as nothing but a mindless raging beast sucks. I thought it was a more intelligent creature. Deoxys can make copies of itself and capture people and PKMN? Yawn! Man poor Metagross. Such a cool and powerful POKéMON getting regulated to chair status. -.-; Minun gets the shaft again (like it did in Colo) by being taken outta the picture.

Brock to hotdogs: "Gotta catch 'em all!" ahurrhahaurrr ... NOT FUNNY OR CLEVER YOU DIE NOW BROCK. Tory's friend is a Deoxys! GEE WHAT A SURPRISE NOT!! Meanwhile Rayquaza is still mindlessly bashing its head against the citys forcefield.

Rebecca: "Metagross use Reflect instead of your uber power!"

11:00 - 11:30 - Trash.

Now Metagross has been reduced to being a psychic windmill. That's wonderful. The second Deoxys is now making Ash and Tory fly via Psychic thus ripping off Celebi. And finally Rayquaza is made out to be the badguy. How friggin lame. Couldn't 4Kids have been nice and cut that annoying blocky "warning evacuate" part? >_<

Now the movies turned around entirely from double Deoxys vs Rayquaza to Ash and Tory vs blocks. Just end it already! btw Why did D, D & R get owned by blocks anyway? That's pretty damn pathetic. And of course with the "happy" ending of the Deoxys' returning to space.

11:30 - 12:00 = Trash.

C + D + F + F = 1 / 5 stars

Whoever wrote/directed this movie is clearly a hack.

So far there are a lot of things I like about this movie:
    ~Showing Pokemon in their natural habitats (like the Spheal line in the beginning)
    ~Showing a completely different part of the Pokemon world (the arctic area where the prologue-y thing takes place. That's not in Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn...)
    ~The moving floor bit early on. Reminded me of the floors with arrows on them in the games
    ~how awesome the battle tower looks
    ~Munchlax. Actually, I think it was the music that made me like it, reminded me of old cartoons (in a good way)
    ~Rayquaza and Deoxys duking it out...
    ~great animation, for the most part
    ~Possibly the most enjoyable Pokemon movie so far

Things I didn't like:
    ~What was up with Rayquaza? It seemed so mindless until Deoxys protected it...
    ~Bad CGI at times... especially those Deoxys clones
    ~Team Rocket is yet again reduced to nothing but meaningless cameos...
    Diamond Team:

~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

Well It's official. The movie has ended and all I gotta say is...it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Sure there were the cuts and changes, but some stuff wasn't that bad. In fact, as much as I love the song "L-O-V-E-L-Y" I really liked the english replacement of "This side of Paradise". Really, the dub was pretty good for once...not as great as the sixth movie by any means, but still good. The only thing I noticed most were the cuts.

All the scenes before the commerical breaks were cut short, so this means some things never got shown (aka. Shouta rubbing his head after running into Metagross, some random blocky, etc.) But then there were actually scenes that were cut. Personally, these were the only officially cut scenes I could find:

- Since my version of the movie doesn't include the little "World of Pokemon!" Deal before it, I don't know if anything was cut or added. However, I have a gut feeling something was indeed cut and added. Unless I'm mistaken, the two scenes with Satoshi riding on Flygon from the 6th movie and Satoshi and Kasumi racing in the 5th were not in the original. Like I said, I don't know this for a fact since I didn't see the Japanese version of it, but I'm almost 100% sure those weren't there. I believe they added them just as an excuse to have a "Satoshi x Kasumi" moment though. -_-;

- After Hitomi says the aurora is gone, the scene cuts off. Originally the scene went on where Satoshi and Pikachu attempt to "help" Tooi.

- This one doesn't surprise me the least, but the scene of Musashi rubbing her butt in blocky's face was cut.

Like I said earlier, the dub wasn't as great as Jiraachi's, but it certainly wasn't bad. I think I'll wait for the DVD before I make any official statement though.

BTW, does anyone know what Ryuu's dub name was? I believe it was either Ray or Rayth, but I couldn't understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    Seel and Dewgong in Hoenn? Why? Don't the animators know anything about the games?
    Thats a constant throughout the entire Anime...no need to bash the movie on that fact

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Thats a constant throughout the entire Anime...no need to bash the movie on that fact
    yeah bulbasaur, ect have appeared too. so don't hate the film. anyway this was aired out of order in america becaise ash's and may's pokemon have evolved!

Okay, I saw the Dub and here are my thoughts.

Music is still the same, that's good. The LOVELY Song has been replaced, by a pretty good song I must admit. It cut off druing the middle of the credits, so probably they will have the whole credits on the DVD. When DD started, they said it had been modified fro TV, so hopefully, some of the cuts won't be taken off the DVD.

Deoxys was not shadowed in at the beginning, but Deoxys still got his arm blown off and stuff. Rayquaza is pronounced, Ray-Kway-Za. Deoxys is pronounced, DE-Ox-IS. Yuko keeps her name. Rundo is now Lund. Tooi is Tory. He has the Mokuba voice, but not that bad.

The"World of Pokemon" was the same,cept with a diffrent Narrator then the show.

Rayquaza and Deoxys seemed to keep thier voice,as well as Plusle and Minum, and someof the Pokemon in the intro. Can't tell from metagross and Masquerin.

Shouta is Sid, and Ryou is Rayfe? Ryou had a cool voiceIMO, Sid had a Surfer accent, but it was okay. Audrey and Catherine kept thier names and had good voices. Hitomi was Rebecca, and souded okay.

The battlen and everything was kept the same and all. Brock MENTIONED PROFESSOR IVY!

The part with Jessie and the robot was cut out, non-surprisingly. So was the lunch scene also? Hopefully they will have it on the DVD, cause later May mentions this scene and how Munchlax, which had a goodvoice by the way, ate their food. No other noticalble cuts, but Dogasu will hopefully have a compariosn soon.

I give the dub a 7/10!

most sespenseful movie yet

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

m...can someone please tell me what are the english names for the characters?^^"(hitomi, ryu,shouta)
    Pokemon Pearl:
    0430 5145 1139

I finished watching it. It was ok. I would never have guessed that Tooi's friend was another Deyoxs (I never saw all the pics at Serebii.net, only some). I was impressed at the movie

8.5/10

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Togepi Trainer Guest

I enjoyed it, the blocky things were annoying though a bit. I never knew Metagross was so big! I love it!

Personally I liked this movie ALOT, I wonder where the Deoxys went.

Anyway 8/5 out of 10.

Abusoru Guest

Things I liked:
    - Nice song
    - Munchlax was funny
    - Tooi`s troubles. Finally pokemon is not the most important thing in anime.

Things I didn`t like:
    - Sometimes Movie is pretty boring
    - Fights between Deoxys and Rayquaza made me sleepy
    - Movie should be darker
    - Rayquaza is a pokemon without personality
    - no computer effects.

Lindsay Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    You're right since there's plenty of other things to bash the movie for. And I know they get in wrong in the anime but for the movies - they could at least try to be accurate. After-all one big point of the movies is to showcase new POKéMON.

So how long is the movie?

Kojiro got most of the names. Here's the list:

Shouta - Sid
    Ryuu - Rafe
    Hitomi - Rebecca
    Rondo - Lund
    Yuko - Yuko
    Tooi - Tory

Anyone got info on the Narrator for the Pokemon World Opening? I swear it sounded like the Old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Rayquaza and Deoxys seemed to keep thier voice,as well as Plusle and Minum, and someof the Pokemon in the intro. Can't tell from metagross and Masquerin.
    Dubbed, but really altered.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mitsuki*~
    - Since my version of the movie doesn't include the little "World of Pokemon!" Deal before it, I don't know if anything was cut or added. However, I have a gut feeling something was indeed cut and added. Unless I'm mistaken, the two scenes with Satoshi riding on Flygon from the 6th movie and Satoshi and Kasumi racing in the 5th were not in the original. Like I said, I don't know this for a fact since I didn't see the Japanese version of it, but I'm almost 100% sure those weren't there. I believe they added them just as an excuse to have a "Satoshi x Kasumi" moment though. -_-;
    The inclusion of past movie scenes was in the original.

Also cut was the scene where Ash and Co. try to get Tory acquainted with the wild Pokemon at the picnic table.

ShadowSneasal Guest

The movie is about 2 hours.

Anyway, this is the best Pokemon movie yet! I can't wait to see the uncut version. I hope they keep the Jessie and Bloko(whatever) scene in.

Blaziken was cooooool!!!!
    He was so heroric, everything about the situation was so interesting. An intellegnet plan!!! Not one of those "you can't catch me" strategies that often fall in these types of events. Too many CGI images, aren't that real. They went a little overboard on the introduction.
    I got thinking are the Deoxys pair male and female? That certainly might have been the case here....

Welll....time for the next movie... YAAAAAY!!!!! MEW

I like Cressillia

Blaziken's Emberz Guest

This movie was one of the best, animated-wise, I have ever seen in the Pokémon dubbed episodes. The plot was kind of weak, jumping from one thing to the other, but I really think that this was good. The embarassment of Ash at the Battle Tower - an Orange League champion losing to a Blaziken and Blastoise with a Pikachu? If Ash were smart, he could have chosen Corphish or Swellow, as this takes place during Japan's time.

So, this movie has major spoilers, but still pretty good, nonetheless. The plot should've been better, but, I like it.

* * * - I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    The inclusion of past movie scenes was in the original.

Also cut was the scene where Ash and Co. try to get Tory acquainted with the wild Pokemon at the picnic table.
    Yeah, I metnioned that. But like I said, they mentioned later in the dub, so maybe it will be left in the DVD, referring to the "Never Before Seen" stuff. I really hope that the full credits will be in the DVD,it seems that way as they cut off in the middle of it.

BTW, did I mention that Torkoal sounded really weird when it first came out. Also, was the Corphish scaring Tory scene left in, I think I miss it when I was in the B-Room.

ShadowSneasal Guest

Does anybody have an edit list??

(EDIT): I'm a Volcano Trainer, YEAH!!!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast