Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

Thgey did'nt shgow the ending part where Blaziken and Metagross were dancing with pom pom. Other wise it was a good movie except for the commerial breaks right at the good part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    The part with Jessie and the robot was cut out, non-surprisingly. So was the lunch scene also? Hopefully they will have it on the DVD, cause later May mentions this scene and how Munchlax, which had a goodvoice by the way, ate their food.
    If by "lunch scene", you're referring to when TR was going to steal some food but Munchlax beats them to it, then that scene was kept. Pretty funny, too.
    Diamond Team:

ShadowSneasal Guest

Yeah, the commercials sucked. I was so sick of seeing the "7th heaven baby episode"

I thought the movie was okay... not so awful as you people said it would be...

then again, I'm not so easily amazed by these sorts of things anyway
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Indigo Guest

Just saw it.

Overall, I really didn't like it. It was strange in a predictable sort of way, the editing was jerky, I didn't like the way the characters were drawn, the dialogue was horrible, and Team Rocket's role was horrific. I feel really sorry for them.

Let me begin with the pros:

--The opening scene was nicely animated and kinda cool.
    --Ash got a little aggressive. I would too if that kid kept pushing me. They put subtle hints that Ash is growing up...nice...
    --May's face on the passport. Priceless. This was the only time in the movie I laughed, though.
    --When Pikachu thunderbolted Ash, it was kinda funny. Ashy boy, you never learn.
    --Sid liking May was good. Take THAT, Advanceshippers!
    --The traumatic incident that Tori had gave some depth to the plot.
    --I LOVE Rafe. What a cool character!

Cons(and I daresay there are too many):

--Tori's voice was Richie's. And every other filler boy's. I really wish they'd gotten more creative with this.
    --Some of the battles seemed kind of drawn out and pointless. Half the movie I didn't know who to root for.
    --They made Torkoal look like a fool. Why poor Torkoal? Oh, and did anyone notice that Torkoal's voice sounded different in the movie? I like the anime one better.
    --The lines were cheesy as hell. Brock's line when catching the hot dogs was SO cheesy, and there are many others.
    --The whole friend thing sucked. It ruined the whole plot for me. I thought it would be something a lot more interesting. And again, Ash pulls the "We're your friends! Surrender to my words like every single uber powerful Pokémon does!" line. I'm sick of it. Anyone concur?
    --The machines were all horribly corny and stupid. The hot dog machine talking? Jeez...
    --The characters looked really strange and bad. Brock's shirt was really light, Ash's eyes looked funky and May's bandana made her look like a bunny. And the shading wasn't all that good, either.
    --Rayquaza's name was pronounced strangely. More to the point, Rayquaza loked so mindless and territorial. I really didn't like that.
    --They pulled a Celebi with the whole flying thing. Do the writers seriously think we want to see Ash and Pikachu fly through the sky with some filler movie character TWICE? I don't understand them at all...
    --Max, May and Brock were thrown away like garbage so Ash could have the spotlight. AGAIN. I mean, he is my favorite character, but I love the chemistry in the group. Too much Ash is an overdose.
    --Munchlax didn't say its whole name until forty-five minutes into the movie. Not only that, but I couldn't understand why it was there for that same amount of time.
    --Poor Ash. He's always the heavy. When he wants to battle, he gets the short end of the stick. There are other, better ways to introduce a character than to make the other one look bad. That just shows even more how Ash is so pure-hearted. Even I, a rabid Ash fan, have had too much of that.

Overall, not a good movie. Not good at all. I can only hope Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero is a lot better. Check minus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    BTW, did I mention that Torkoal sounded really weird when it first came out. Also, was the Corphish scaring Tory scene left in, I think I miss it when I was in the B-Room.
    Apparently, that was left out.

However, I would advise any would-be Edit scouters to wait for the DVD, as the TV edition has obviously been editted for time and content. They even gave that message at the start.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneasal
    Does anybody have an edit list??

(EDIT): I'm a Volcano Trainer, YEAH!!!
    Wait for Dogasu, he'll make a very good one, just like he did for all other movies.

BTW, Kaba Dub- "Yay! It's party Time!" ^.^

Great movie!

I like the way they're showing the movies now, which I think is a lot better than putting them in theaters.

the only things I didn't like was the way Rayquaza was pronounced and the commercials every 5 minutes.

cornstarch Guest

I'm kinda glad Team Rocket wasn't involved that much in the movie. For me,in the shows on TV,they ruin episodes. It's so predictable - "Ash and Co. are on their way to ______ City....BUT NO,TEAM ROCKET POPS OUT OF NO WHERE WITH A PIKACHU STEALING DEVICE!"

I didn't see the first hour of the movie,but the 2nd half to me was ok. I liked Munchlax's appearances - he's a funny baby pokemon.

Overall it was sorta boring,but I liked it a bit.

I agree with you up there - Ray-Kway-Za? I always said it Ray-Kwah-Za. I will continue to say it that way...

Robert Guest

Thumbs up

It was pretty good, there was some good action and the internal conflict with Tori was a great part of the plot. It was funny to see someone fall for May. A bit slow in some scenes, but I still liked it.

the one part that was memorable for me was May restraining Ash when he was going to attack Tory for pushing him... very interesting...

Indigo Guest

Oh yes, something to add: the commercial rate was ridiculous. KidsWB was almost screaming, "Hey! We're gonna shove commercials down your throat! And because we know everyone will be watching this premiere, we're going to do it even more than usual. EVERY FIVE MINUTES! Hooray!"

Absolutely terrible. Thank God for TiVo; when I get a moment, I'm gonna watch it without the commercials. That may change my mind slightly. But only slightly.

And because of that horrible rate, they had to edit so much, I bet. I might've missed a part that would've changed my mind about the whole movie. Damn KidsWB...

Oh yes, and the part where May restrained Ash was also very interesting. I doubt Misty would've done that....*is a Pokéshipper.*

it is a really great movie i saw it today 01/22/05

You all must fear the almighty sacred blue liquid substance!
    ~Normal Latias
    ~Dark Latias of DOOM!
    Thanks to Chibi Pika!

"Ah, ha ha ha ha ha, I win!" - Yzma

~Spencer~~~

you will never be abel to catch me for i'm a evil crazy hyper froot monkey from planet weber high school

A real great movie 6 Thumbs Up...for this movie...I LIKE IT

Wow look at the amount of ppl in here...24 MEMBER & 21 GUEST...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Master Denny
    This movie was one of the best, animated-wise, I have ever seen in the Pokémon dubbed episodes.
    S'cuze me while I laugh. This movie was NOT the best animated movie. Look how awkwardly bad Satoshi's running is as he tries to get back on the right track that the others on. The Mewtwo TV special is the best animated one. :P

And why're you all complaining about commercials? I TOLD YOU that would happen. XP The movie wasn't gonna be any exception.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Edits so far to the movie:

1. Made the Deoxys scene less shadowy
    2. Changed May's eyes to blue instead of black in the scene after she gets her ID
    3. Not sure about this, but I think there was one scene added in where May stands up in the stands of the Battle Tower battle. I could had just forgoten about it from the original version though.
    4. Haxxed the scene where Jesse rubs her butt against the computer blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo
    Oh yes, and the part where May restrained Ash was also very interesting. I doubt Misty would've done that....*is a Pokéshipper.*
    um... so what your trying to say is that Misty would have rather have Ash beat the crap out of Tory?

I don't understand your logic sometimes...

Yeah, I swear right before Munchlax fell into the Blocks and evolved, he had THREE Eyes. I swear I saw it for a second.

Indigo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKecleon
    um... so what your trying to say is that Misty would have rather have Ash beat the crap out of Tory?
    No, I'm saying exactly what I said. I doubt that Misty would've done what May did. Brock would probably have had to restrain Ash. I'm becoming skeptical of certain ships...

But that isn't important right now. I just think it was interesting. I don't want to turn this into a shipping war.

My logic is in black and white. There isn't much not to get...=P

well..one thign is...the i LOVED THIS MOVIE...

and i think i can see some NEW AVATARS...coming soon...I HOPE...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

My goal is to have a comparison up in the next hour.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Oh great, More Pokemon I said wrong;
    Metagross; I said it Meta-graws. They said it Meta-Grose
    Rayaquaza; I said it Ray-Qwah-Zah. They Say it Ray-Kwah-Zah.
    and Deoxys; I said it Dee-oxies. They say it Dee-oxis.

Stupid pronounciantions. This is gonna take some getting used too. And I still have the urge to call Tori Tooi.

YES! I LOVE YOU DOGASU! YOUR COMPARIOSNS ARE AWESOME.

But, the DVD might have a few changes though, so don't bash the movie too much yet.

duncan Guest

Blaziken! I'm glad the movie had Blaziken, the people at Game Freak
    must really like him, but anyways, the battle scenes were pretty good,
    but those blocks were stupid, there were probably millions of them,
    but it had Blaziken, so I'm happy.

cornstarch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rust
    Oh great, More Pokemon I said wrong;
    Metagross; I said it Meta-graws. They said it Meta-Grose
    Rayaquaza; I said it Ray-Qwah-Zah. They Say it Ray-Kwah-Zah.
    and Deoxys; I said it Dee-oxies. They say it Dee-oxis.

Stupid pronounciantions. This is gonna take some getting used too. And I still have the urge to call Tori Tooi.
    That Rayquaza one you mentioned...Qwah and Kwah sounds the same to me.

I said Rayquaza like Ray-Kwah-Za not Ray-Kray-Zah.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast