Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludicolo
    The way Tori became afraid of Pokemon is silly. I have nothing to back that up, it was just silly to me.
    Hehe, I don`t get it, they don`t have psychologists there? His father should take him to psychologist. I remember, something like that we could see in episode about Joy and water pokemon.

I have an extra rant for you people. Didn't you notice that all the Eevee evos EXCEPT Flareon had cameos in this movie? And doesen't anyone remember that Flareon hasn't had a cameo in a movie yet.
    How unfair...
    Last edited by Digital Flareon; 23rd January 2005 at 2:10 PM.

HUDDAH HUDDAH HUH
    ~Don't mess with Flareon-Pyro~

Artsy Fartsy Stuff Gameplay Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Abusoru
    Hehe, I don`t get it, they don`t have psychologists there? His father should take him to psychologist. I remember, something like that we could see in episode about Joy and water pokemon.
    Actually, being afraid of Pokemon is as normal as it can be. I mean, it's the same as being afraid of dogs and such. Professor Lund knew his son was afraid of Pokemon... as did Yuko. Which is why you don't need to push someone into liking Pokemon when they're clearly afraid of it.
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

Abusoru Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TooCoolScyther
    Actually, being afraid of Pokemon is as normal as it can be. I mean, it's the same as being afraid of dogs and such. Professor Lund knew his son was afraid of Pokemon... as did Yuko. Which is why you don't need to push someone into liking Pokemon when they're clearly afraid of it.
    No, it was much stronger. Also, it was really tiresome for Tooi, because he could meet pokemon on almost every step.
    For example, you are scared of dogs and on every street you can meet 10 or 20 dogs. You will be dead

Quote Originally Posted by PlayAtari2600
    I HAVE A VERY GOOD PREDICTION:

During the whole course of the film's airing I was surprised that I wasn't seeing any new footage, like the DVD box cover said that we would. So I just assumed that Miramax was saying the minimal paint edits counted as "new footage", which annoyed me.
    The new footage could also be the five minutes or so that were cut from the Kids' WB! airing.

I also noticed that during the end credits it said "Additional Music By" and then included the original people who do the dub music, plus Larry Alexander. This confused me, as there was not any American-exclusive music outside of the new song, which had it's own seperate credit.
    A possible theory is that, in one of the scenes that got cut, 4Kids has to replace the instrumental version of "Lovely Boy" because of copyright issues. It wouldn't be the first time a dubbed anime has had to change some music around because of music licensing issues.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

That ending song Rocked!!!, and where was Grovyle, Lombre, Swellow and Bulbasaur in the movie since I only saw 3 minutes. The ending and When Blaziken, Metagross, and Blastoise, Seel and Dewgong were using their Water Guns.
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

I found it quite surprising that deoxys and rayquaza could break free from those security blocks and that was funny when they covered that tower like ants would. I found it funny that the shadow deoxys took the hot dog machine and I thought 4kids would take out the part when deoxys arm falls off good thing they didn't.I recorded the whole movie better than wishmaker.
    Want to make games?

Join Zelda Classic! Say that I directed you there
    http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

Ok, here comes GN with a review of the movie WOAH! He's POSTING! RUN!!!!

The Story

I believe the story was well crafted. The opening scene really showed off how similar the Pokemon world is to our modern one. Like everyday seals, the Walreins and such spread out across the icelands. Getting more into the story, Deoxys coming to Earth on a meteor was cool. LaRouse City was also a very nice place. Part of what made this story better than some Pokemon movies was because of the great atmosphere. I love big cities and such. The Battle Tower was well presented. Rayquaza was awesome, but I think it should of showed slight intelligence. But it made sense that it came after the thing that invaded its territory. Rayquaza probably has never even seen another being because it lives where no other creature can go, so Deoxys must have been a new threat.
    The whole story played out rather well, but something that detracted from it was the fact that Deoxys was only searching for its friend and didn't want to harm anyone. Deoxys is suppossed to be a feared being, but they turned into something happy. The Block Robot malfunction was a nice touch, but I would have rather seen something in which Deoxys remained a threat instead of friendly.

Story- 8/10

Characters
    Boy was there a lot of them. My personal favorite were the twin sisters because I'm a twin and they always had funny comments and finished each other's sentences. Sid was not a person I would see with May and I'm glad she refused his approaches. The Blaziken trainer was ok, but he seemed to cliche. The girl with the Metagross was actually a nice addition. She had a nice personality, but I'm mad that Metagross was given a backseat in the action. Munchlax was funny, it was nice to seem him in it. Tori was a wuss and I did not like him that much. It wasn't that much of a tramatic expirience to give him the fear he has. Even without the fear, he wouldn't survive an hour alone in a real life city like New York. His parents were like every other scientist seen.

Characters- 8/10

Animation
    I liked the animation. The beginning scene with the Pokemon made them look like CGI, and the fights between Deoxys and Rayquaza were the most interesting battles I have seen on the show. It actually showed that a Pokemon can be severly injured by an attack (like Deoxys losing its arm). It was very well done. The only complaint that i have would be that Jessie's hair was red when in the show it has been a pinkish-purple for awhile (which looks much better)

Animation- 8/10

Overall(not an average)- 7/10

It had its moments and took a more mature approach, but became too childish when Deoxys was found out to be only searching for its friend.

My new list of Fav Pokemon Movies (1 being the best)

1. The Power of One
    2. The Spell of the Unown
    3. Pokemon Heroes
    4. Destiny Deoxys
    5. Mewtwo Strikes Back
    6. Jirachii Wish Maker
    7. Celebi: Voice of the Forest

Your a good journalist.

Favorites:
    Pokemon 4-Ever
    Pokemon 2000
    Pokemon D.D
    Pokemon jirachi
    Pokemon 3
    Mewtwo strikes Back
    Pokemon 1

So GN so I take it hat you haven't seen The First Movie
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swellow
    So GN so I take it hat you haven't seen The First Movie
    Mewtwo wasn't necessarily all happy and nice by the end of the first movie. He just learned that life is what you make of it, then left. As seen in Mewtwo Returns, he is still very untrustworthy of humans and still retains the spark he had in the first movie that made him a badass. Deoxys lost all of that when I found out he was just searching for his friend. It made it seem too friendly and nice.

True but It was still a movie

I for one am hoping that Mewtwo comes back, to the movies *sigh* Since he still has his badass "spark".

Did anyone notice that Plusle and Minun are no different than the Pichu bros. ?

I like Cressillia

That's exactly what I noticed. Although I think I liked the Pichu brothers better. And I would have to disagree about the Deoxys/Rayquaza battles. I found them rather boring. The first time they showed up it was pretty exciting, but when Rayquaza reappeared later, it got old real fast. Mainly because all it used was hyper beam. The only other attack it used was ice beam. Once.
    Last edited by Heracross; 23rd January 2005 at 11:44 PM.
    ~

I have to agree to that. The first Fight wowed me.

- Deoxys first regeneration of course.
    - A sense of purpose to the fight.
    - The dangers of the fight for the people.
    - Rayqauza's Ice Beam.
    - Noticing the sheer size difference between both Pokemon.

After that, they became "Oh. More Psycho Boosts and Hyper Beams." Add a handful of roars and you're done. Bleh.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

My Review...

The Story:
    The Story was great at the begining showing how it all started with the fight between Rayquaza and Deoxy. Also, the high tech city was nice. What I didn't like about it is that the story become a bit childish and a bit slow. It was fast in the begining and started to get a bit slow. The robot malfuction was interesting though.

7.5/10

Characters:
    The characters were deveoped enough to understand them. I like them, how they appeared and their pokemon. Overall it was good.

9/10

Animation:
    The animation was cool. I was really impress how they generated the city and also the metor in the begining of the story. It truely look high tech when you in the city.

9/10

Dubbed Version:
    The dubbed version was okay, but not good as the orginal. Being that it's full screen, it cut some parts of the image off which made it a bit confusing.(it might change on the dvd copy). The repaintings in some scenes were uneccessary, which took away from what it susposed to happen (probally will change on the DVD copy). The song was okay in my prespective. ^_^

6.5/10

Overall: 8/10

My Standings (so far)
    1. Power of One
    2. Spell of the Unkown
    3. Destiny Deoxys
    4. Mewtwo Strikes Back

(note: I have not seen all the movies yet.... *slaps miramax* I will soon shortly. ^_^)
    Last edited by Eileen; 24th January 2005 at 1:42 AM.

LiveJournal - Fanfiction.net - Save our Voice Actors

PBR Friend Code: 4381 9024 5685

wow. 11 pages and i don't feel like looking at any of them. anyway, back on topic....

First, i'll metion what i liked. Good animation and the CG went well with the actual drawn bits...as a whole, very nice. The storyline was different from the other movies plots in that it wasn't the standard "villian taking over" kinda deal.

But, there were some parts that maybe could've been given.....i don't know, more thought i guess. Ash and Company did very little, but they weren't the focus of the movie anyway. Rayquaza's reason for attacking Deoxys? 'Cus he invaded his airspace. wow, what a great reason.

Also, i honestly thought Deoxys would be a bad guy. He wanted to take over the city or something. No. He/She/It was looking for it's friend. Is it just me or is everyone else sick and tired of this "friend" thing? Couldn't the movie acknowledge that "hey, maybe it's looking for it's mate/brother/sister/father/mother/etc. "? Is it taboo to openly acknowledge a pokemon having a mate or that maybe those other pokemon it was with weren't just friends, but family too? I know Larvatar was being taken back to it's mother (actually said by characters), but i can't think of any other instance.

so by my standards, it was okay.
    Currently playing: Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness

# of Shadow Pokemon: 83
    # of Pokemon Purified: 83 (yes!)

Also playing: Black and White 2

Up to: Land 6

I am also Blackcat88 at Fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/~blackcat88

They have acknowledged that pokémon have mates. In "Bye Bye Butterfree" and "Wherefor Art Thou, Pokémon" to name a few. I don't really see anything wrong with the two Deoxys simply being friends.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcat88
    Is it just me or is everyone else sick and tired of this "friend" thing? Couldn't the movie acknowledge that "hey, maybe it's looking for it's mate/brother/sister/father/mother/etc. "? Is it taboo to openly acknowledge a pokemon having a mate or that maybe those other pokemon it was with weren't just friends, but family too? I know Larvatar was being taken back to it's mother (actually said by characters), but i can't think of any other instance.
    That's largely a translation issue. One of the most fundamental words of Japanese society is also one of the most common challenges of translation from Japanese.
    仲間 (nakama) can refer to any group one identifies with, or to any fellow member of such a group. Depending on context, it may be translated as 'friend', 'fellow', 'partner', 'company', 'companion', 'associate', 'colleague', 'teammate', or any of a great many similar concepts. It's a very useful word, and there's no problem whatsoever with using it as it is in this movie, when the exact nature of the connection between the two Deoxys was unknown. The Pokemon translators usually render it as 'friend', which is rarely outright wrong, but does have a narrower meaning.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I hated how Rayquaza was portrayed in the 7th movie.

First off all, the people's reaction to it was less than I expected. This is a one-of-a-kind, legendary Pokemon, yet the people, including the scientists, acted like it it was just another Pokemon. Even Ash wasn't surprised to see it (Although with all the legends he's seen, I guess they're somewhat dull for him now).

Second, Rayquaza is a Peacekeeping Guardian. Remember, Rayquaza was the one who stopped the Groudon/Kyogre war long ago. And I think that the reason it attacked Deoxys was because he thought it was a threat to the world. Yet (I don't know if this is the dub's fault, or the original script's fault) he came off as nothing more than a territorial ***hole.

Aside from these complaints, this was a very good Pokemon movie, quite possibly my favorite. The battles between Deoxys and Rayquaza were cool and intense (especially the one in the beginning), and it was pretty suspenseful for a Pokemon movie. Animation was great as well.

Also I hope nobody that hates spoilers watched the movie, because now they know about Grovyle, Swellow, Combusken, Lombre, and Bulbasaur... although they probably knew that from the intro anyway.

For my rankings of the moives:

1.) Power of One
    2.) Destiny Deoxys
    3.) Spell of the Unown
    4.) Mewtwo Strikes Back
    5.) Jirachi: Wishmaker
    6.) Celebi: Voice of the forest.

(I've yet to see Pokemon Heroes or Mewtwo Returns).
    R.J. - Legacy of a Master
    Now Fully Completed

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel R.J.
    Second, Rayquaza is a Peacekeeping Guardian. Remember, Rayquaza was the one who stopped the Groudon/Kyogre war long ago. And I think that the reason it attacked Deoxys was because he thought it was a threat to the world. Yet (I don't know if this is the dub's fault, or the original script's fault) he came off as nothing more than a territorial ***hole.
    I didn't know about that stopping the war stuff (although it's pretty interesting), but the rest of the stuff is what I was talking about earlier. I thought I heard something about Rayquaza being some kind of protector of the Earth, or something. But they made it seem like it was just ****** off that Deoxys' meteor came crashing through the part of the sky where it lives. :/

Edit: What the heck? Since when was ****** a bad word?
    Last edited by Kamex; 24th January 2005 at 6:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I have to agree to that. The first Fight wowed me.

- Deoxys first regeneration of course.
    - A sense of purpose to the fight.
    - The dangers of the fight for the people.
    - Rayqauza's Ice Beam.
    - Noticing the sheer size difference between both Pokemon.

After that, they became "Oh. More Psycho Boosts and Hyper Beams." Add a handful of roars and you're done. Bleh.
    Yeah it was a bit repetitive for that part, but wasn't the ending of the fight good? Rayquaza has Deoxys in its coils, then slams it hard into the concrete. The impact is enough to cause Deoxys' concentration on the city-wide shield to break, causing the entire shield to shatter.

Then Deoxys rises up, clearly POed. It raises the huge slabs of rubble around it to block the next Hyper Beam, then attacks without mercy. Once it has Rayquaza on the ground it starts to fire Night Shades at it, then the other Deoxys enters and blocks a Psycho Boost causing a huge explosion. That was essentially the end of the fight and all that remained was to convince Rayquaza they weren't a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel R.J.
    First off all, the people's reaction to it was less than I expected. This is a one-of-a-kind, legendary Pokemon, yet the people, including the scientists, acted like it it was just another Pokemon. Even Ash wasn't surprised to see it (Although with all the legends he's seen, I guess they're somewhat dull for him now).
    They kind of portrayed Rayquza as being fairly familiar to people. Since it lives in the ozone layer it would be a lot easier for scientists to observe it through telescopes than most other Legendary Pokemon.

They made some effort to point out that being territorial was only part of it. After all, if that was true than Rayquaza would not persist in chasing Deoxys over a period of years after it left the territory. The scientists said at one point that for it to leave the ozone layer it must have regarded Deoxys as a serious threat to itself and the world (or words to that effect), and I think they did use the term that it "invaded" Rayquaza's domain.

After all, its not every day that a meteor with living things crashes through the atmosphere. Rayquaza must have regarded it as very suspicious.

Indeed, perhaps THAT is why the first move it used on Deoxys was Ice Beam. Perhaps this was a message from the writers, since Rayquaza never uses the attack again for the rest of the movie (while even Deoxys uses Night Shade twice). At that point perhaps it merely wanted to contain the creature, even question it perhaps. But when Deoxys broke free and started attacking back, Rayquaza beleived that was confirmation that Deoxys was a dangerous invader. Indeed, perhaps Rayqauza's sense of duty to its territory includes taking responsibility for anything that passes through it from space, and if it proves to be a threat to Earth than it regards it as its responsibility to destroy.

<><><>

Also, one has to wonder if this Rayquaza was THE Rayquaza who quelled the conflict between Groudon and Kyogre (assuming that happened in the anime), since at one point the female scientists refers to the dragon as "a" Rayquaza, indicating there is more than one of the dragons living in the ozone layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    I thought I heard something about Rayquaza being some kind of protector of the Earth, or something. But they made it seem like it was just ****** off that Deoxys' meteor came crashing through the part of the sky where it lives. :/
    See above for more reasons why I think Rayquaza is in some senses a protector. I'll add that this was no ordinary event, after all small meteors crash through Earth's atmosphere all the time. It's even possible that Rayquaza though that Deoxys was aiming for it as it crashed through (can't recall from the opening if Rayquaza had to dodge the meteor).

It was a good movie, but not as great as I thought it would be. I wish those scenes in the trailers were in the movie, such as the ones with Rayquaza shooting a hyper beam at Ash...and May and Ash battling together in the battle tower. Why oh why do they tease us with scenes that never happen?

Otherwise it was good. I didn't think the block robot thing was tacked on, it was enjoyable. The fights between Deoxys and Rayquaza were enjoyable, most people here don't like action though.

I did like the battle tower fight, May stopping Ash from starting a fight, the overall plot, and the Deoxys theme music was very well done.

Only thing I hated was the "friendship" nonsense they always try to shove down out throats. We know it's a theme in pokemon as a whole, but I hate the way they constantly stated it near the end of the movie.

Good movie. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Only thing I hated was the "friendship" nonsense they always try to shove down out throats. We know it's a theme in pokemon as a whole, but I hate the way they constantly stated it near the end of the movie.
    this is what i meant before. constantly with the "friend" word. come on, enough already.
    Currently playing: Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness

# of Shadow Pokemon: 83
    # of Pokemon Purified: 83 (yes!)

Also playing: Black and White 2

Up to: Land 6

I am also Blackcat88 at Fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/~blackcat88

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Yeah it was a bit repetitive for that part, but wasn't the ending of the fight good? Rayquaza has Deoxys in its coils, then slams it hard into the concrete. The impact is enough to cause Deoxys' concentration on the city-wide shield to break, causing the entire shield to shatter.

Then Deoxys rises up, clearly POed. It raises the huge slabs of rubble around it to block the next Hyper Beam, then attacks without mercy. Once it has Rayquaza on the ground it starts to fire Night Shades at it, then the other Deoxys enters and blocks a Psycho Boost causing a huge explosion. That was essentially the end of the fight and all that remained was to convince Rayquaza they weren't a threat.
    Eh. I guess. Well, more than "I guess", it was pretty cool. That's about it though, and it was near the end. The first fight was astounding all the way through. But if you ask me, if Rayquaza had shown a little more variety, I would've enjoyed the final parts much more.

Also, one has to wonder if this Rayquaza was THE Rayquaza who quelled the conflict between Groudon and Kyogre (assuming that happened in the anime), since at one point the female scientists refers to the dragon as "a" Rayquaza, indicating there is more than one of the dragons living in the ozone layer.
    I'm usually passive towards Dub Error, but this time that line really ticked me off. There's only ONE Rayquaza, just like there's only ONE Groudon and ONE Kyogre. They need to choose their words more carefully.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast