Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

There may be more than one Rayquaza, I mean who knew there would be two Deoxys? As soon as one Rayquaza dies another may be born, but I suppose there's only 1 alive at a time.

I just considered something...what if Rayquaza wasn't merely Hyper Beaming Deoxys? Could the continuous attacks have been an Outrage attack? Even though I didn't see any confusion...

Meh, that was a stupid thought.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Nah. Were it Outrage, Rekkuuza would have gotten confused long ago. And I doubt Rekkuuza was really protecting the world or anything. Seemed more like it had a deep grudge on Deoxys for almost smashing into it. If Rekkuuza was trying to protect the place, it wouldn't have recklessly blasted Hyper Beams everywhere and destroyed buildings left and right. >.>

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Nah. Were it Outrage, Rekkuuza would have gotten confused long ago. And I doubt Rekkuuza was really protecting the world or anything. Seemed more like it had a deep grudge on Deoxys for almost smashing into it. If Rekkuuza was trying to protect the place, it wouldn't have recklessly blasted Hyper Beams everywhere and destroyed buildings left and right. >.>
    You don't have to be so quick to throw that idea away. I mean, Rayquaza does seem to deserve a bigger role, like protecting the Earth, instead of just being another powerful Pokemon with territorial issues, right? And about it recklessly blasting Hyper Beams everywhere and destroying buildings, maybe it just considers its job very carefully, and it had to stop Deoxys at any cost, even if it means destroying one of the many cities on Earth (instead of the whole planet being in turmoil, it would be better only one city). Or maybe it was reckless because of the confusion from the Outrage attack (assuming it actually used that).

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I'm usually passive towards Dub Error, but this time that line really ticked me off. There's only ONE Rayquaza, just like there's only ONE Groudon and ONE Kyogre. They need to choose their words more carefully.
    You know that and I know that, but do *they* know that?

Actually...remember when we all thought there was only one Lugia?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

The impression I got was that Rayquaza doesn't much care about any minor surface features, such as humans. Its duties as a protector are on a planetary scale, where one city more or less makes no difference at all. In fact, I suspect that the only reason it got involved in the Kyogre/Groudon conflict was that they were messing with weather systems. This conflict with Deoxys seemed more of a personal grudge than a greater duty.

And... two additions to the edit list:
    One (1) Pointless Edit, and
    One (1) Make-Deoxys-Clearly-Visible-When-It-Shouldn't-Be Edit.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    Actually...remember when we all thought there was only one Lugia?
    I'm still reeling from that one.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Man this was so cool and it was funny when munchlax kicked the can he stopped for a minute then he went then stopped and put his head down weird.
    Anyway this movie is the best 10/10
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

-Hmm, it took me a while to figure out that the weird...sound...was Deoxys' sound.
    -About Rayquaza's lack of caring about the destruction it caused...if it lives in the ozone layer, it's not going to get to see stuff like people or buildings a lot, right? And since it hasn't seen them often, it either doesn't know if they're important or not, or it doesn't care about them.
    -What is it with legendary Pokemon have little to no attack variety? Legendary Birds in 2nd movie? Articuno Ice Beams, Zapdos Thunderbolts, Moltres Flamethrowers, and Lugia Aeroblasts & Whirlpools. Entei in 3rd movie? Flamethrowers and...some sort of charging attack. Suicune in 4th movie? ...I actually can't recall it attacking much. ^_^" Lati@s in 5th movie? They charged into some things, but didn't attack much... "Groudon" from 6th movie? Sent out those weird vine thingies, and that's about it. Rayquaza in 7th movie? One Ice Beam, then a lot of Hyper Beams, then a wrapping attack(oddly, Rayquaza doesn't learn Constrict, Wrap, or the like...). Give us some variety already!
    -4Kids NEEDS more voice actors. I swear, I've heard Tooi's voice on about 4 main characters and who-knows-how-many side characters already...
    -I never DID catch Tooi's US name. I think it was Tory(if it was, then I'm impressed. That's actually an acceptable romanization of "Tooi".)...
    -I never got a "protector" vibe from Rayquaza. It was just angry at a Pokemon that came in on a metor that almost hit Rayquaza, and said Pokemon then proceeded to attack Rayquaza(granted, 'quaza attacked first)
    -I can never remember what Rayquaza's voice sounds liek unless I've heard it recently >_o

My order of fav. movies would now have to be:
    1)Entei movie
    2)Lati@s movie
    3)Jirachi movie
    4)Mewtwo movie
    5)Deoxys movie
    6)Celebi movie
    7)Lugia movie
    Last edited by Juputoru; 26th January 2005 at 1:55 AM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Tooi's the Kid that first hates Pokemon right, if so his name is Tory
    I have 3 Swellow's I believe, Swell, Tail and another one forgot that other name lol

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    -What is it with legendary Pokemon have little to no attack variety? Legendary Birds in 2nd movie? Articuno Ice Beams, Zapdos Thunderbolts, Moltres Flamethrowers, and Lugia Aeroblasts & Whirlpools. Entei in 3rd movie? Flamethrowers and...some sort of charging attack. Suicune in 4th movie? ...I actually can't recall it attacking much. ^_^" Lati@s in 5th movie? They charged into some things, but didn't attack much... "Groudon" from 6th movie? Sent out those weird vine thingies, and that's about it. Rayquaza in 7th movie? One Ice Beam, then a lot of Hyper Beams, then a wrapping attack(oddly, Rayquaza doesn't learn Constrict, Wrap, or the like...). Give us some variety already!
    In the games, legendary Pokemon only learn moves every ten turns or so. And they do well with any one attack, anyway. But I do agree, we should be presented with a wide variety of legendary Pokemon's attacks.

Edit: Well, maybe it's more like every twenty turns or so (read first sentence in above paragraph).
    Last edited by Kamex; 27th January 2005 at 2:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    It was a good movie, but not as great as I thought it would be. I wish those scenes in the trailers were in the movie, such as the ones with Rayquaza shooting a hyper beam at Ash...and May and Ash battling together in the battle tower. Why oh why do they tease us with scenes that never happen?

Otherwise it was good. I didn't think the block robot thing was tacked on, it was enjoyable. The fights between Deoxys and Rayquaza were enjoyable, most people here don't like action though.

I did like the battle tower fight, May stopping Ash from starting a fight, the overall plot, and the Deoxys theme music was very well done.

Only thing I hated was the "friendship" nonsense they always try to shove down out throats. We know it's a theme in pokemon as a whole, but I hate the way they constantly stated it near the end of the movie.

Good movie. 8/10.
    Agreed on the note about friendship. It's like the second episode in the Lake of Rage episodes, you know? When Ash went running up to the Red Gyrarados spouting his 'All we want to do is be your friend!' crap. I mean, people say Tea from Yu-Gi-Oh is bad, but seriously... :P

PlayAtari2600 Guest

Darn, Dogasu basically disproved my theroies way back on page 11. So much for that. Not that I'm daying my prediction isn't possible at all, it's just most likely not. Ha, it's funny, this thread was so popular for the first two days after the movie aired, and now it's hardly getting any action.

Does anybody find it strange that it was so easy for Tori to toss his passport to Ash?

You've got a point. His technique was all wrong, so it shouldn't have come as close to reaching Ash as it did.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Deoxys was cool though, it was adorable when pikachu was on Rayquaza head too

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    Does anybody find it strange that it was so easy for Tori to toss his passport to Ash?
    Anything can happen in the anime like should'nt Tori get some cuts or bruses when the Walreins were passing him?
    Last edited by Tamer Zack; 27th January 2005 at 5:18 AM.

Yeah, it probably would be possible for him to throw his passport to Satoshi from that distance, but definately not the way he did it.XP
    ~

meowthfan Guest

Although I'm glad Kids WB showed the movie, I say curses on them for chopping it up with so many commercials,especially in places where there was no natural break in the action. And in our area,they cut off the end of the movie to go on to the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by meowthfan
    And in our area,they cut off the end of the movie to go on to the next show.
    That sucks, but that's why it's better to wait for the VHS/DVD. But then again, having the premiere on TV for free was a good deal.

how are called the "copies" of deoxys in the movie??
    in the movie appears deoxys (normal-with huge hands) destroing a glass and glass foling in team rocket??
    ๑๑ ๑๑-• ๑๑-• ๑๑-Ż\(°_o)/Ż- E!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moa
    how are called the "copies" of deoxys in the movie??
    in the movie appears deoxys (normal-with huge hands) destroing a glass and glass foling in team rocket??
    I'm not sure about the copies. Maybe they were called shadows?

The part with Deoxys destroying glass, and all the glass falling on Team Rocket as they run was probably just in the trailer for the movie.

Was this ever mentioned here?

I've been meaning to mention this all this time, but I kept forgetting whenever I went on the computer.

Did Brock receive closure or something because if anyone else noticed, Brock SAID Professor Ivy's name, and with a smile on his face.

Ooooh, and I think I remember reading a thread here about theories of what really happened between Brock and Ivy.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Yatta! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by animekid
    Did Brock receive closure or something because if anyone else noticed, Brock SAID Professor Ivy's name, and with a smile on his face.
    According to Dogasu's comparison, the mention of Professor Ivy is a dub addition, so we have no clue.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta!
    According to Dogasu's comparison, the mention of Professor Ivy is a dub addition, so we have no clue.
    Yeah that makes sence!

[IMG135]http://mitglied.lycos.de/deoxys7/nintendo/deoxys_1167.jpg[/IMG135] What attack is that?

[IMG135]http://mitglied.lycos.de/deoxys7/nintendo/deoxys_1501.jpg[/IMG135]
    The blocks are invading!

this is the Japanense version(much better sence than the dub but i haven't seen it but i saw an advert) [IMG135]http://mitglied.lycos.de/deoxys7/nintendo/deoxys_121.jpg[/IMG135]
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 29th January 2005 at 2:47 PM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast