Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    [IMG135]http://mitglied.lycos.de/deoxys7/nintendo/deoxys_1167.jpg[/IMG135] What attack is that?
    It's Reflect.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    It's Reflect.
    cool! It is a nice effect concidering that it is the anime!

You know, this movie is ten times better upon a second viewing. When I first watched it last weekend, any story relating to deoxys got missed among all the fighting and exploding and high-tech gadgets in this episode. Even after they explained about Deoxys's friend, it didn't make much sense. When I watched the movie for the second time Thursday and Friday (I started too late), though, the movie made a whole lot more sense, and I could see the things I missed, like Rayquaza changing his mind about deoxys after the two try to shelter him from the boxes. I also really liked Tory on the first and second viewings. He was an interesting character, though the whole thing about a character being afraid of pokemon or hating them had been done several times before (like "The Joy of Water Pokemon"). I was moved like him about the whole plusle/minun separation and reunion.

There are a few other things I liked about the movie. I loved Sid!!! Even though I'm pretty sure I'm a contestshipper, I really liked this guy. The part where he runs for May and slams into Metagross is hilarious. I also like the return of a few things from the past in the movies and the show, like Team Rocket being helpful in the movie (not seen since 4Ever), Team Rocket ending the movie (again 4Ever), Jessie's red hair (yay!!), and Professor Ivy (I guess Brock's gotten past "Don't mention that name!"). Now if only they could bring back the opening credit music varations and the motto in the movies.

Overall, it's not one of the better movies, but at least it's pretty good. I'd give it three stars out of five.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    He was an interesting character, though the whole thing about a character being afraid of pokemon or hating them had been done several times before (like "The Joy of Water Pokemon").
    Well, just because someone hates or fears Pokemon doesn't mean that he/she is the only one, or one of very few. There could be millions in the Pokemon world that hate or fear Pokemon for their own personal reasons. Just like Tori, his reaction to Pokemon is only a result of his traumatizing experience several years before during the first Deoxys appearance. If that doesn't frighten a little child into hiding, then I don't know what does.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

about La Rossue...

it's very odd that in the pokemon world that La Russoe has such advanced technology while other cities don't, it makes them seem very primtive...

then again, this sort of problem isn't really new... happens all the time in RPGs... one city's a technological paradise while the other's harvesting dirt

plus we only get to see advanced techology in the movies nowadays anyway :\
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilKeckleon
    about La Rossue...

it's very odd that in the pokemon world that La Russoe has such advanced technology while other cities don't, it makes them seem very primtive...

then again, this sort of problem isn't really new... happens all the time in RPGs... one city's a technological paradise while the other's harvesting dirt

plus we only get to see advanced techology in the movies nowadays anyway :\
    Well, it's like that in the real world too you know.

Yeah, some places just can't afford the technology other places have. LaRousse seems rather prosperous, although there haven't been many cities we've seen that AREN'T that way. Still, it's never really explained as to WHY there's so much advanced techonology there, so there might be a good reason that we don't know.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

DShaun2004 Guest

Default I Got Destiny Deoxys On Dvd Already!!

I thought it wasn't coming out until the 15th of this month, but there it was at Blockbuster in front of my face. I had 2 get it. But, does anybody know what the heck happened to the Pikachu short? It's not in it.

There isn't any Pikachu short with this film.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

(The chunks of ice moved more like chunks of styrofoam.)
    I saw it and I see what you mean. When Deoxys fully regenerated and came out of the water, it reminded me of Jeepers creepers when it moved its face toward the camera. XD
    Do not expect me to be around a lot, but I will occasionally lurk, or even make a post or two. I supposedly have a FanFic in the making, but no promises yet.

When I heard about Pokemon 7, I thought it was going to be the most exciting Pokemon movie ever. But, as always, I'm wrong.

Pokemon 7-Destiny Deoxys

Story-
    It really isn't bad if you think about it. I kept saying to myself that the Deoxys vs Rayquaza fight was the subplot, but wrong again. The best plot of the movie is probably the struggle between Tori and overcoming his fear in Pokemon. But, they could of proved that Tori isn't afraid of Pokemon anymore by showing him in a battle. That robot malfunction was bound to happen.
    8/10

Animation-
    Good as always.
    9/10

Dub-
    Meh. Can't really say much here. It just didn't make sense in some parts.
    6.5/10

Final Score-
    It's not the best but it's still good.
    8/10

Better than: Jirachi Wish Maker
    Not as good as: Heroes
    Wait for it: The 8th movie
    Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    Animation-
    Good as always.
    9/10
    Gotta disagree. The animation was pretty..meh alot of the time. Especially with Satoshi trying to run. xX;

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

ryanpower Guest

the only Pokemon movies that are good is 1, and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I'm usually passive towards Dub Error, but this time that line really ticked me off. There's only ONE Rayquaza, just like there's only ONE Groudon and ONE Kyogre. They need to choose their words more carefully.
    Perhaps, but was it a dub error? Did the original scene not have the lady say "a" Rayquaza?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Nah. Were it Outrage, Rekkuuza would have gotten confused long ago. And I doubt Rekkuuza was really protecting the world or anything. Seemed more like it had a deep grudge on Deoxys for almost smashing into it. If Rekkuuza was trying to protect the place, it wouldn't have recklessly blasted Hyper Beams everywhere and destroyed buildings left and right.
    That would be a good point, but from what I recall Rayquaza never actually destroyed any buildings until it and Deoxys crashed through the main tower at the very end of the fight. Before that it simply fired Hyper Beam at the shadow clones. The beams did damage, but they always seemed to end up hitting empty streets. Indeed, it got to the point where I WANTED a beam to actually damage a building, not that I'm certain Rayqauza was intentionally trying not to topple buildings, but it didn't seem to be firing randomly like the legendary birds did when they went nuts in the second movie.

Gotta disagree. The animation was pretty..meh alot of the time. Especially with Satoshi trying to run. xX
    What I didn't like were some of the computer-animated scenes involving Rayquaza flying about at a distance, it looked positively awful in some of them. It's body was horribly stiff, and the grace and beauty and flexibility of some of its close-ups only emphasized that. I'd rather have a poorly detailed, flexible image than a crisp computer-animated on that has little more flexibility than a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    The impression I got was that Rayquaza doesn't much care about any minor surface features, such as humans. Its duties as a protector are on a planetary scale, where one city more or less makes no difference at all. In fact, I suspect that the only reason it got involved in the Kyogre/Groudon conflict was that they were messing with weather systems.
    Perhaps, and certainly to a degree, but the kindness it showed Pikachu seems to argue it has some sense of perspective. But as we saw in the first movie, when it comes to their territory most Pokemon seem to lose all sense of reason and even fight to the death if it comes to that.

This conflict with Deoxys seemed more of a personal grudge than a greater duty.
    Maybe, but then there is the little problem of why it used Ice Beam (to contain and immobilize it for questioning perhaps) when it first encountered Deoxys, and only started to attack to destroy when Deoxys started fighting back. It's subtle and probably a bit wrong but it seems to support that Rayquaza first suspected then became certain Deoxys was a threat that needed to be destroyed.

If it was a grudge, one wonders what exactly Deoxys did that upset Rayqauza on such a personal level. With Pokemon like Lunatone and Solrock about Deoxys couldn't have been the first one to pass through Rayquaza's territory.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut
    He was an interesting character, though the whole thing about a character being afraid of pokemon or hating them had been done several times before (like "The Joy of Water Pokemon"). I was moved like him about the whole plusle/minun separation and reunion.
    Well there was a minor difference. That nurse Joy hated Water types, wasn't just afraid fo them, and seemed content to not even try to change herself. Tori on the other hand didn't hate Pokemon, he freely admitted to liking them and wanting to be close to them (if I recall right a scene explaining this abit was cut from the TV airing), but his subconscious fears wouldn't let him. He knew he shouldn't be afraid, and didn't want to be afraid, but he was nonetheless, which is something that happens to real people quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpower
    the only Pokemon movies that are good is 1, and 2.
    Don't you just love logical, well-defended and thought-out posts like this? ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Perhaps, but was it a dub error? Did the original scene not have the lady say "a" Rayquaza?
    The distinction does not exist in the Japanese language, which does not include any articles, indefinite or otherwise. Rekkuuza could mean a Rayquaza, the Rayquaza, or "Rayquaza" as a proper name.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

ryanpower Guest

Quote:
    Originally Posted by: Pokemon Fan
    Don't you just love logical, well-defended and thought-out posts like this? ^_^

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

squirtle_squad_leader Guest

WOOT! I went searching for it yesterday to see if anyone had it out early and BAM! There in Blockbuster it was. I was jumping up and down in the parking lot, I was so excited. I didn't get to catch it on Kids WB.

WOW. The movie was freaking AWESOME. I mean, it was really animé-ish and SUSPENSFUL. I was really surprised. I wasn't expecting it to be that good.

My only complaints:

I didn't really like the "This Side of Paradise" song, but according to Dogasu it's better than the alternative Jap song.

Rayquaza served no purpose other than action, really. He could've been left out and the story would've worked just fine.

TR was snubbed yet again. Blah.

All in all, my favorite Pokémon movie by far. I hope the 8th flick is just as good.

How the hell does your Blockbuster have the movie on its shelf over a week before the DVD's scheduled to come out?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    How the hell does your Blockbuster have the movie on its shelf over a week before the DVD's scheduled to come out?
    *shrugs* Someone mentioned in this topic a while ago that they found it at Blockbuster, and I had nothing better to do last night, so I went looking. I searched three towns, mine included. I looked in Target, several Wal-Marts, three Blockbusters (found it on the last one), and a Border's.

Well, I took some pictures of the DVD and junk, but they're taking forever to upload onto photobucket. I'll post a link once they finally do.

"This side of paradise" is a great song. I think it is similar to the Slateport city music from R/S. Munchlax was adorable, and funny.

All right, here we go...

Pitchas of the DVD: http://photobucket.com/albums/v246/potter6233/DVD/

I think I'll get it on DVD, or at least try. The "This side of Paradise" part had a lot of spoilers that anybody who cared about the movie already knew.

drTomoe123 Guest

After hearing about Blockbuster having them, I went to mine and low and behold, there were two copies for sale there, so I picked one up. I liked the Deoxys card even though I haven't played the TCG in years, and I liked the rebate idea, but I didn't take the reciept at Blockbuster, and besides, I don't want to have to cut up my covers.

Anyway, I thought the DVD was pretty nice. Like always, the fullscreen really bothered me, especially during the credits, where TONS of material was cut off, especially during the "Pokemon Dance" thing at the end. Unfortunately NOTHING was widescreen, unlike Jirachi: Wishmaker, which had the quiz and ending in widescreen.

Content-wise, I saw this on KidsWB, and I was happy to see what they cut out, especially Jessie rubbing her butt on the block-bot thing. Heheh. It wasn't my favorite out of all of the movies, and I continuously checked to see how much was left, but it was a nice way to spend the night, but that could of happened because I've already seen it. Anyway, I'd say it's about my 3rd favorite out of them all, behind Jirachi: Wishmaker and Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by drTomoe123
    Anyway, I'd say it's about my 3rd favorite out of them all, behind Jirachi: Wishmaker and Heroes.
    This one is my favorite by far, but I also love Heroes and Jirachi Wish Maker.

Haha, Blockbuster's gonna get in trouble!

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but I do remember a few years ago when the first Harry Potter flick came out on DVD and VHS, an Ingle's here put it out early and another video store reported them. They got fined. It was a huge scandal. Ah, life in a small town...

I just watched the cut bit of DD where Munchlax eats the food. DAAANG! Gonbe can jump! I seriously hope that scene is in the DvD otherwise you'll miss out on an awesome part of the movie. Besides, it shows how cool Gonbe can be (I think that was the move Bounce?)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast