Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

Good Points...

But the violence in my opinion was still way to pointless. I would of understand if Deoxys did attack Rayquaza first. But it was him who sent the first blow. Even if Rayquaza was territorial. Rayquaza seemed stereotypical. He was the giant green lizard who caused a lot of destruction. Also in the games he was supposed to be a "peacemaker" however the anime seems to destroy that image in my opinion.

"Ash is the main character, the hero, how could he not have a major role? Sure, May and Brock didn't have to get shafted, but at least Max got to costar with Ash in the sixth movie"

I don't hate Ash it's just that the whole "I'm the Hero! It's up to me." or "I'm the chosen one" that is just old and predictable. I'm not saying he shouldn't have a magor role, but so should the other main charecters (May, Max, and Brock) And most of the episodes in the anime are centered around Ash.

"Well they weren't beaten by them, just buried. ^_^"

Why couldn't three really powerful pokemon (Who can fly) escape from blocks? Don't they have powerful attacks? Even if there was millions of blocks, a few hyper beams, and phyco boost could do the trick. Yet two human kids were not buried by blocks...

"Indeed, but it was supposed to be an extremely mysterious creature. And more was revealed about Deoxys than that. Why we don't know, but it seemed the two Deoxys were riding on the asteroid more than being native to it. In the end they simply return to space, making it appear they are a nomadic species that wanders the universe.

We also learn that they communicate via patterns of light and energy, as well as their "wierd" vision, which seems to be an optical form of a shark's ability to detect electricity in living things. Moreover they possess a unique body structure, with most of their body apparently being a extension of a "true form" the crystal core."

They also could of revealed more of information on Deoxys. Sure learning about Deoxys's cool abilites is nice. But don't we all already know that Deoxys is a killer pokemon? (I do XD) I want to learn about it's origins or what makes this pokemon so legendary...

"It's interesting to me how they combined the anime and games aspects. In the game Deoxys is a space virus mutated by a laser, while in the anime it requires energy from a laser (or another Deoxys or other powerful source) to regenerate from its core"

Not really, look at Deoxys (Purple Gem) he didn't regenerate from a laser. However I do get you're point XD.

"Since you seem to not have read any of the rest of the topic where these things were discussed, I'll list a few major points I've come to believe, most of them not explicitly stated in the movie but certainly indicated."

Umm I stopped reading when most of the posts became: "OMG! This is like the bestest Pokemon Movie ever!" No offense.

Anyways does are just my opinions. I would of been less harsh on the movie if they would done better job with the ending. In fact the only saving grace for the movie in my eyes was Deoxys (Who is one of my favorite pokemon).

Also darker doesn't mean Nudity and Violence, what I meant by that was for the movies to be a bit mature. (Like the first movie) and I don't mean fill the movie with senseless violence (Like the seventh movie). Also I never said I want pokemon to be evil. The movies could be a bit darker even without evil pokemon. The First Movie was a key example of what I mean.

I didn't say I hate the anime. It's just I think that at sometime it has to mature.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorCosmos
    But the violence in my opinion was still way to pointless. I would of understand if Deoxys did attack Rayquaza first. But it was him who sent the first blow.
    I do wish they had made Rayquaza more obviously intelligent like the games do, but I will say in its defense it may have thought that the near miss with the meteor was Deoxys attacking it unprovoked, when it was really just an unfortunate coincidence that it was flying right where the meteor fell.

I didn't say I hate the anime. It's just I think that at sometime it has to mature.
    Of course, and you prove yourself a true fan in being honest about your criticisms. I myself wish that the movies had more villains. We haven't had a true villain since the fifth movie, or a really evil villain since the fourth movie. FYI,I don't consider the magician from the sixth movie to be a villain, more just obsessed with proving his theories.

I don't mean to sound harsh on the anime. I prefer the manga more though...

I really like Deoxys and I was really hyped for the movie. It was a huge dissapointment for me. Like I said before the only reason I didn't give the movie a 1/10 was because of Deoxys.

What can we do? Nothing I guess, just hope for better movies.

I am so glad I was in Florida, I got to see most of this movie, I missed the middle (the first time I only caught it from the revival of the 2nd Deoxys to the end, the 2nd time was from the begining the arrival of Deoxys and Rayquazza. It is now my favorate movie, and I just loved the song "This Side of Paradise" it was amazing! Sadly unless I get a multi region DVD player and then return to Florida I won't get this on DVD for YEARS seeing as we brits still don't have the 5th movie.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash
    I am so glad I was in Florida, I got to see most of this movie, I missed the middle (the first time I only caught it from the revival of the 2nd Deoxys to the end, the 2nd time was from the begining the arrival of Deoxys and Rayquazza. It is now my favorate movie, and I just loved the song "This Side of Paradise" it was amazing! Sadly unless I get a multi region DVD player and then return to Florida I won't get this on DVD for YEARS seeing as we brits still don't have the 5th movie.
    We actually do have the 5th movie out right now,but hey I know what you mean.I want to see deoxys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken master
    We actually do have the 5th movie out right now,but hey I know what you mean.I want to see deoxys!!!
    well not where I live, I'll be on the look out. Maybe that means the movies are coming here based by number, I mean look

Pokemon 4ever - 2004
    Pokemon Heroes - 2005

does this mean we'll get the 6th movie in 2006? If so Destiny Deoxys will arrive in 2007. *sigh* two whole years of waiting

but yeah in the US Cartoon Network it showed the 6th and 7th movie twice, they wouldn't stop playing the Totally Spies movie though, Jesh if they showed the 5th/6th/7th Pokemon movie instead I'd have seen all but the 8th. *sigh*
    Last edited by Gaiash; 27th August 2005 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    FYI,I don't consider the magician from the sixth movie to be a villain, more just obsessed with proving his theories.
    Well, it depends on your definition of a villain. I see the villain of a movie as the antagonist. In that case, Butler is the villain. However, what you're saying is correct. He wasn't truly evil.

I want to see more EVIL adversaries, as well. I wish they'd give us just a truly evil by nature Pokémon. I realize this will never happen, but having a Pokémon as the villain (a la Mewtwo and, even though it's intentions were pure, Deoxys) is so interesting.

Oh, and about Rayquaza using Hyper Beam more than five times... WHO CARES?! Seriously, the anime has never followed the rules of the games, why should it start with something as trivial as that?
    Last edited by squirtle_squad_leader; 29th August 2005 at 7:47 PM.

This movie was so awsome i love all the films

10/10
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

All I can say is that's gonna be Japan in the year 2020 or something. Although I hope it doesn't go as bad as in the movie. This movie kind of made me fall asleep. and why when Ash and Pikachu get their all high and mighty spot light inthe movies it involves them flying through the sky? I mean can anyone say "Peter Pan" with me? and Ash sucks at keeping his balance. A lot of the characters were really pushed back in this movie. I mean I know Ash is the main character but come on? The others are just as important. and poor Team Rocket they maybe bad guys but hey they deserve some kind of respect. They might as well just get cut out entirely as much screen time their given in the movies. I wish 4kids would get some new voices when there's new characters. and some of the lines in it were just corny like they normally are. Especially towards the end. Ash "Pikachu I'm glad you and I will always have each other" *gags* I give this movie a 5/10.
    Last edited by PokeTrainer7783; 9th September 2005 at 5:57 AM.

PokeTrainer7783 Guest

Is there anyway to download the ending song from it? "This Side of Paradise" I gotta admit I liked that song.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainer7783
    Is there anyway to download the ending song from it? "This Side of Paradise" I gotta admit I liked that song.
    I'll PM you a link

I got this on DVD about a week ago and I have to say this is a pretty good movie. In fact, this was the first movie I saw since the First Movie. I'd give this movie a 8.5/10.

got a question. does the movie show the part where deoxys holds his hands in the air in front of an aurora, like the pic on the top? and the part where we see its defense form up close (i think it was during its battle with rayquaza)?

I finally watched my DVD of the movie last night, and I really enjoyed the scenes that weren't in the original TV version. Jessie fighting the hamburger machine and taunting the main computer was hilarious. So was James telling Meowth not to call him 'sport'. The extra Sid/May and Brock/Rebecca moments on the balcony and the end credits were great too. The part at the very end of the end credits with all the pokemon waving pom poms was cute too (I wish Wobbuffet had shown up there, though, when he was nowhere in the movie). I'm also glad they had that fondue scene. It struck me as odd in the TV version how the gang seemed familiar with Munchlax when it came through the grate with plusle and minun, but I couldn't remember them seeing Munchlax previously in the movie. At least the DVD version explained it.

I'm still not all that fond of the movie (though I LOVE Sid!!!), but at least I got to see some new material.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I own the 7th film now XD,I thought it was awsome and ash was so hot
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

can someone answer my question? PLZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario639
    got a question. does the movie show the part where deoxys holds his hands in the air in front of an aurora, like the pic on the top? and the part where we see its defense form up close (i think it was during its battle with rayquaza)?
    I think so.. the Movie on the DVD is uncut o_o;
    Black - JP
    FC: 1848 9979 6673 Trainer name: Billy IDNo: 65021
    White - UK
    FC: 2537 2960 7121 Trainer name: Bella IDNo: 62467
    White2 - JP
    FC: 0819 9968 5972 Trainer name: Benny IDNo: 39588
    Black2 - UK
    FC: 4170 2407 1321 Trainer name: Britney IDNo: 09957

Quote Originally Posted by poke_girl
    I think so.. the Movie on the DVD is uncut o_o;
    hate being a pest, but what about this pic where Jessie rubs her a** on blocky and gets electrocuted?

dd this movie is really boring and it has my least favorite legendary, deoxys and than a good legendary rayquaza 6/10 though i like the beginnig

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario639
    hate being a pest, but what about this pic where Jessie rubs her a** on blocky and gets electrocuted?
    As they said, the DVD isn't edited like the WB-aired version so yes that scene is there.

i liked this movie... wasnt the best but it was pretty damn good. deoxys was a cool character, although it doesnt really look like a pokemon to me...

Calcos the Destroyer Guest

Default Destiny Deoxys

The title makes no sense, but this is is certainly the best of the 8 movies so far. Good, hardcore conflict between 2 Powerful Pokemon. Deoxys is just a schweet, innocent alien, with noodle ar-*!BLAST!*
    Ow. The end is confusing with all those stupid blokys, PLOT THIEVES!!!
    Deoxys kix *** ^^;

I want to get this DVD for my birthday.I hope they have all forms.

lightspeed Guest

This happened to be my favourite movie compared with the movies I have watched so far, (I did not watch the power of one, I think that would be my favourite if I watched it) I just love the parts showing Ash and friends trying to hide from Deoxys by running to different places and the parts Rayquaza battling Deoxys.
    I rate it 9.5/10.

yeah this is my favorite pokemon movie as well.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast