Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

My fave part is when Rayquaza blasts Deoxys with a hyper beam at like point blank range. Sweeetttt....

I actually realy like this movie, it was realy cool, but Rayquaza needed more screen time and Deoxys realy should have just been evil, cut out the friendship crap...

8/10
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Could someone record the sound Munchlax,Deoxys and Raquaza make in the movie

Hehe, my friend and I found it hilarious when deoxys chucked the hot dog machine into the ocean =P "Release immediatly! Release immediately!" Actually, I didn't see it; I was on the phone with my friend when she was watching it. I really have to rent that movie now. Oh, and the part with Jessie and the snack machine also sounded amusing
    Light and darkness, love and hatred: they are not so different...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which FF Character Are You?

Well, I'm over a year late to the excitement, but I just got the DVD of this today. I saw the KidsWB airing when it aired last January, and was pretty entertained by it (though it's nowhere near my favorite), so I finally decided to pick it up. I'm glad the movie was able to make it to DVD completely and totally uncut, but that makes it all the more puzzling that the original Japanese audio wasn't included. They included a French track, so that proves that 4KIDS and Maramax aren't afraid to let kids know that there are more languages in this world. They even included a Japanese poster gallery. It's just wierd. The fullscreen transfer annoys the crap outta me, but I guess it can't be helped.

I also noticed a second music edit that isn't vocal. In the scene where everyone's eating Brock's cooking, which wasn't shown in the KWB airing, an instrumental version of This Side of Paradise plays in the background. Since This Side of Paradise is a dub-only song, I'm guessing this wasn't in the original version. So my question is: What played in the original Japanese version? An instumental version of L-O-V-E-L-Y ~Yume Miru Raburii Booi~? Dogasu hasn't gotten around to doing the comparison for the actual DVD itself, so I can't tell if anything else has been changed. If anyone can answer this question, I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT: I scrolled through this 18-page long thread and found out that the music was most likely replaced because 4KIDS couldn't get the rights for a certain song. So yeah, there are two official music edits in this movie. Eh, not bad for 4KIDS, I guess.
    Last edited by MagicBox; 5th March 2006 at 5:57 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Shining_Espeon Guest

Have a question about the person with the Blaziken. I forgot their name. Is that person supposed to be a boy or girl in the dub version? The person looks like a boy, but has a sort of feminine voice...

I's a boy. He sounds male too, I don't get what you mean?

I have the Destiny Deoxys VCD(in English). I like Rafe's Blaziken and Ash's Pikachu. Because they are awesome, they battle like rivals. And the ending, the song is great. I will give a rate of 10/10.

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

Blaziken's performance in this movie was impressive, but too bad Metagross' first appearance was so... lackluster

This was an awesome movie, I don't know why so many people hate it. But I have a really important question and I really want to know the answer without making a thread.

What parts were cut out in the Dubbed version?

I've seen some scenes of Ash and Pika really weak while a creepy shadow of a Deoxys is inside of fire or something, and I heard the dub cut whatever secne that is out for violence.

Anyone know what happened in the cut scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchic23
    This was an awesome movie, I don't know why so many people hate it. But I have a really important question and I really want to know the answer without making a thread.

What parts were cut out in the Dubbed version?

I've seen some scenes of Ash and Pika really weak while a creepy shadow of a Deoxys is inside of fire or something, and I heard the dub cut whatever secne that is out for violence.

Anyone know what happened in the cut scenes?
    I don't know about what was edited but I have to agree with you about the movie being awesome. I bought it the other day for only $5 and it was really good! This movie made me like Deoxys, and Rayquaza. Though, why Rayquaza was attacking Deoxys when its the guardian of the earth is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveshafT
    I don't know about what was edited but I have to agree with you about the movie being awesome. I bought it the other day for only $5 and it was really good! This movie made me like Deoxys, and Rayquaza. Though, why Rayquaza was attacking Deoxys when its the guardian of the earth is a mystery to me.
    That's exactly it. Rayquaza, being the guardian of the Earth, was simply protecting us. I think it was even mentioned in the movie too.

Remember how in the beginning, Deoxys' cystal flew past Rayquaza's head, and then Rayquaza went after it? Rayquaza felt like Deoxys was invading its territory, and threatening Earth, so it was only natural for Rayquaza to attack it and try to get it out.

Make sense now?

I really liked this movie. It had suh an otherwordly vibe to it. And also it was a clever story, how Deoxys worked, Tory's fear of PKMN and how he bonded with P&M etc, etc. There was this one hilarious bit where the animators had not really bothered with one of the Rayquaza-Deoxys animation and Rayquaza just seemed to...for the lack of a better word...float across the screen in the top right hand corner in the same position.

I liked the 'Block robots taking over the world' event at the end. ^.^
    My Emerald Team: Raichu, Sceptile, Swellow, Crawdaunt, Torkoal, Donphan
    Shinies:

I liked it pretty much. I thought the city was pretty awsome. [Larousse City]
    (Between Fortree and Lilycove City). I liked seeing the varity of differnt Pokemon.

I'm thinking of buying this movie, and before i buy it, i'd want to know:

What pokemon appear in it, and what roles do they have???
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

Quote Originally Posted by FlameTrainer
    I'm thinking of buying this movie, and before i buy it, i'd want to know:

What pokemon appear in it, and what roles do they have???
    ^^ Try reading the guide for the movie at serebii.net

Oh yeah, there's a movie guide. Thx anyway.
    [IMG]http://*******.com/1oot2q[/IMG] Me, Flametrainer!!!!!! Me love Fire pokemon!!!!!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Morphion the level 50 Dorapion!

FlameTrainer's PokePet

Mantiny the level 5 Tamanta!

best movie for me
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

This movie was awesome. Deoxys was cool and had a cool dub voice. Munchlax was funny. I like the bit they had with the Battle Tower since I always wondered what it was like. I'm kinda glad Tory conquered his fear of pokemon. One of the funniest parts in the movie was when Minun got stuck in the garbage can.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Man. The movie really sucked >_< I though it would be the best Pokémon movie ever because Deoxys is one of the cooler Pokémons. But they ruined him. I should have guessed those idiots who produce the Pokémon anime couldn't get a Deoxys movie done right.
    Deoxys should be at least a bit "sinister". I'm sure Gamefreak intended him to be. Otherwise he wouldn't be a mutant virus from outer space. But of course, the idiots who produce the Pokémon anime had to change that part. Because they can't afford to do a movie about a "sinister" Pokémon _-_ Also it didn't make sense that the Deoxys and Rayquaza couldn't destroy the blocks with their rays.

At least I know now I can't trust the people here. Even if they produce a Pokémon movie that is the worst movie ever created, most of the idiots here are gonna say "Wow! The movie rocked!!!!!1!111! I love it!!!111!11one" -_-

*looks up* Sheesh, what's his problem...
    Destiny Deoxys was not my favourite movie, but I thought it was still good. Oh, and it was fun to see the similarity of between Lerue city and Vancouver Canada, which I live near. (For those who don't know, the city was based partially off of vancouver)

I found a line in the movie particularely intriguing... "Pokeball Management System." It seems obvious that this refers partially to the system that allows 'extra' Pokémon to be transported back to Oak's (or whoever's) lab for safekeeping. However, it's interesting that it stopped Pokéballs from working when the power failed. I bet that, amoung its other features, Lerue city, monitors Pokémon use to prevent violence, riots, etc. Pretty neat.
    98% of the female population of this forum thinks that Eeveeboy_geoff is the sexiest thing ever. If you are one of the 2% who has bad taste (or is gay, I suppose), copy-paste this into your signature. ~.^

this was my favorite movie, i think it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by manaphy72 View Post
    when i was younger like 5 i thought babies were made by drinking a lot of milk and saying i want a baby

Thumbs up

I just saw this movie for the first time today, and it was great. Possibly the best Pokemon movie yet, right up there with 3 and 4Ever.

The plot was grand and I loved the high-tech city it was in. It not only made for some awesome looking backgrounds and creative ideas, but some good gags too (Ash and the "Slidewalks").

Munchlax was a blast in this episode, first off with the soda-kick frustration, but also with him eating and constantly being where the food was.

As always, Brock hitting on the girl was funny, but having someone liking May was different and funny too. Oh, and at the hot dog machine, "Got to catch them all!" LOL! Great line! ^_^

The animation was astounding--the best Pokemon animation I've ever seen. A seemless mix of CG and hand-drawn.

And, I loved that song at the end, "This Side of Paradise." One of the best Pokemon songs right up there with "Viridian City" and "CELEB-R-A-T-E"

All and all, Destiny Deoxys gets an enthused thumbs up from me!

the funny part was on tht walking machine and blaziken had 2 save ash
    and the best part was wen then 2 deoxys attacked rayguaza then saved him from the little attacking cubes

btw if anyone wants 2 c the movie i no this site tht shows it for free =)
    Last edited by Ridius ridi; 1st August 2006 at 5:04 PM.

The only really good part was the very end.

Overall I Thought this was the worse movie for the series.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast