Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

the opening, when i saw arbok in the tree, my reflex went off of thinking "UH-OH! TEAM ROCKET!"
    And there were a lot of cameos of cool pokemon.
    1. Ninjask in the tree before Arbok.
    2. Gorebyss with all the water pokemon.

Animation was very good, i love thinking how real pokemon is. Except in the opening when they showed Haunter on the mountain path...so fake.

I thought Blazkien was very cute when it slid down the slide. Blaziken definately made this movie better.

My opinion on the movie... The voices weren't that annoying, and it was okay. I did feel sorry for Team Rocket, though- nobody ever tells them to stop pedaling on their generator, and they keep doing that for the rest of the movie... what happened to their roles in the second and third movies? Heck, even the fourth and fifth were better than the AG ones. Hopefully the Mew movie will do better... Wraith (Ryuu)'s Blaziken got a lot of screentime, which was cool. Of course, they HAD to cut out Jessie's Buttdance... best scene in the whole movie. Some scenes were really boring, but Munchlax was pretty good (even though it never said 'lax' for a long time...)

On the legendary front, it was disappointing that Rayquaza and Deoxys didn't get more fighting in... but who could care when Ray acted so stupid? Dragonites are proven to be smart, the Flygon in the sixth movie seemed to be too, but a legendary Dragon Pokemon is only smart enough to ram its head against that forcefield again and again. Ash pulling another friend speech didn't really help either. Another thing that irked me was pronounciation- I've always said it Ray-qwah-zah, and they say Ray-quay-zah.

The animation was baaad. Most noticeable on Ash- his eyes look horrible! I also could've sworn May's eyes were black when looking at her card originally... Well, that's all I have to say. I'd rate it 2/5.

PlayAtari2600 Guest

Wow. That's what I said after watching this movie.

Personally, this was my favorite Pokemon movie as of yet. The dub script was actually very, very good. There were far less paint edits than everybody thought, in fact there was hardly any. Also this movie had wonderful voice acting, perhaps my favorite out of all the movies yet.

When this movie comes out on DVD, I can pretty much guarentee that it will be shown uncut. KidsWB! had to fit it into two hours and still allow for a half-hour of commercials(I timed it, there were exactly 30 minutes of commercials, which isn't near as many as thought there would be).

The animation is strikingly beautiful. I was actually in awe in a few parts at how good the film looked. The CGI was very abundant and really didn't stick out very jarringly. I'm not sure what the budget was for the film, but it was certainly well above the budgets for the other films. Honestly, it was beautiful.

The music was also a huge plus. The music was wonderful, the best of all the movies in my humble opinion. One thing I have to ask is if there was any extra music just for Americans(beside the obvious replacement of the American song). Because in the credits it said "Additional Music by" and then listed the people who do the dub music, along with Larry Alexander. Speaking of the American song, I thought it was very cool and particularly catchy. It had good lyrics, and the singer was surprisingly good compared to the usual 4Kids stuff.

The one thing that really got me about this movie was the storyline. It was much moer mature than the previous installments. I found myself watching the screen in suspense, wondering what may happen next. Truly this film was wonderfully written and directed. I was emotionally involved with all of the characters, and there wasn't one character that I thought was completely meaningless.

So over all I give this movie two thumbs up. If this film were released to theaters, I am 100% certain that it would have a higher percentage of good reviews among critics than the other films had. A deeper storyline, vastly superior animation, a strong voice cast, and wonderful music really made this the best film as of yet. So now that I've cheered it so much, you can all copy my individual statements and tell me my opinion is wrong.

cornstarch Guest

Rayquaza wasn't being a stupid dumb Dragon,to me. He was trying to see where the forcefield thing started/ended and if there was any way he could fit in.

Umi_Swampert Guest

I found it better than all the other movies as of late, but I have yet to see Heros... (I really disliked Jurachi-Wish Maker, so DD was a good lift from that)
    The way they pronounced Rayquaza, Ray-kwai-za seemed really odd to me, but I tend to pronounce names the way they look in English. I missed the Metagross pronunciation...

I now LOVE Munchlax. It reminds me of a mini-Totoro. SO damn CUTE! And I liked the whole soccer bits.

Torcoal WAS speaking funny, I noticed that and I only catch the show once in a while. I'm a little dissapointed Ash wasn't just kicked out of that battle, being his "Partner" didn't have any pokemon of his own. The battle was just, pointless.... And I really wished I could have seen Jessie get shocked (I never get a chance to see the Japanese movies ;_; )

Over all, a better movie in my opinion. I gave a ittle chuckle at the "Gotaa catch 'em all" line from Brock, it jsut seemd like a goofy Brock thing to say. I was dissapointed at the whole "LEt's be friends" ending, it feels so... forced in, it didn't go with the flow of the movie. And Rayquaza got a little screwed over... I hope they make a Kyogre/Groudon movie with him in it...

I did saw the orginal copy before the dubbed.... and I say that the Dubbed verson that aired missing some parts to it... making the movie a bit confusing...

Also, it has nice CG in the movie...

but it was good movie. ^_^

LiveJournal - Fanfiction.net - Save our Voice Actors

PBR Friend Code: 4381 9024 5685

I'm surprised nobody noticed the twins' dub names were Katharine and Audrey, as in Katharine and Audrey Hepburn.XD Anyway, the dub was alright. There were some annoying things like Tory sharing his voice with Richie/Sammy/dozens of male filler characters, but that really didn't bother me too much. The good thing was I didn't notice any more paint edits other than Haruka's eyes being colored blue for no apparent reason when she's looking at her passport (which was hilarious by the way XD). Munchlax's voice was... meh. They could have done better, but I didn't hate it either. It was kinda annoying that KidsWB! cut some scenes here and there, but it doesn't really matter since they'll no doubt be on the DVD anyway. One thing that bothered me though, I really wondered where the hell all of those little cubes came from at the end. Throughout the entire movie you see no more than a dozen or so at a time, but then thousands of them show up to make that bridge and then thousands more show up and swarm on the battle tower. Okaaaay... Overall this was a nice movie, but IMO not one of their best.
    Last edited by Heracross; 22nd January 2005 at 6:45 PM.
    ~

I think Torkoal had that weird voice because that part of the movie was dubbed before the Flannery episode, meh? Or maybe the voice actor was sick...

I was dissapointed that I couldn't hear the voices for Lombre, Bulbasaur, Grovyle, etc.

I liked the music in this.

Rayquaza didn't seem mindless to me, just kind of...slow on the uptake. Like me:P

Sid was funny...

Tori sounded too much like Richie and Sammie to me at some points.

Munchlax was cute-ish.

Pretty much all the criticism I have has already been said....I think I liked the dub of Jirachi Wishmaker better, though.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Da Games Elite Guest

I think that it was a damn good movie. Not as good as 3, but an equil to Heroes. What made it bad was:

1) Not as much violence as expected.

2) Ending was kind of akward. I expected Deoxys to be killed as an evil villian, not a "friend".

3) The voice of that doctor sounded "Signs solemn" (just as solemn as from Signs).

However, the movie was not lowered as much from these things. The action was terrific. Not as great as I hoped, but it was pretty damn good anyway.

Da Games Elite Guest

Also...who were we hoping to win again? Deoxys or Rayquasa?

i realy wanted to see this movie but you know the UK......always screwing up.........but hopefully i will order the dvd from the states for my universal DVD player!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

DragoKnight Guest

The movie was awesome. Nice battles between Rayquazza and Deoxys. I really hated that little kid. He's scared of Plusle and Minun, my cat coughed up scarier things then them. I can already see a ton of people starting a pairing between Sid and May.

[cough] Ash and May forever [cough]

Other then that it was an awesome movie. Can't wait till it comes out to get.

I'm surprised no one pointed out it looks like Megan Hollingshead has left for good. She definitaly did NOT voice Officer Jenny in this movie.

Cheers!
    ~Bulby
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

AWESOME MOVIE! I loved the battle scenes between Rayquaza and Deoxys. But I hated the idea that some people might support a Sid/May shipping. Why, you ask? *poimts to trainer card in sig* That's why.

Paradise is Calling... Are You Ready to Answer?

I loved that movie. It's my favorite now. The dark electronic music matched Deoxys awesomely! I was thinking that since Deoxys is a pokemon from outer space this could be an introduction to outer space pokemon that we could see in the 4th generation. I noticed that when the people saw Rayquaza they acted like it wasn't a legendary, just some Dragon Pokemon. They did make Rayquaza look stupid since he just kept tackling the force field and then he shot the hyper beam ten minutes later and didn't just do it in the first place. It was also weird that there were two Deoxys. In the game it's in the one-off/Legendary section. Maybe in outer space it's a pretty weak pokemon like Rattata. Well I give 5 stars but maybe that's just because Deoxys is my favorite pokemon.

"And all those feared the day when it came, Freddy Kreuger....with a guitar."

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    S'cuze me while I laugh. This movie was NOT the best animated movie. Look how awkwardly bad Satoshi's running is as he tries to get back on the right track that the others on. The Mewtwo TV special is the best animated one. :P

And why're you all complaining about commercials? I TOLD YOU that would happen. XP The movie wasn't gonna be any exception.
    There's no pleasing some people. You guys got to see the movie for FREE. To see it myself, I'm going to have to fork out for the DVD, not knowing whether I'm going to like it or not, as opposed to being able to see it on TV first, and then picking up the DVD for reference/discussion purposes.

Kaba dub? Kaba... Kaba-chan? XD Did they really keep his voice in somewhere, or was it dubbed over? *confused*

Megen? She does Mai in Yu-Gi-Oh, right? Which means that if the Hosos are ever dubbed, we can say goodbye to Cassidy having her old voice. :P

I thought this movie was pretty good! I liked Tory's & Munchlax's voices. The music was exciting and Deoxys was cool. Rayquaza just seemed a little... not too bright... Surskit was so cute in that one part where it starts dashing around after it heard a sound! ^^ My only complaint was the missing scenes. I guess this movie ties as my second favorite (ties with 5th). 6th is still my favorite!

EDIT: YAY! I'm a Master Coordinator! ^__^
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I'm surprised nobody noticed the twins' dub names were Katharine and Audrey, as in Katharine and Audrey Hepburn.XD
    Those were their names in the Japanese version as well.

Also, I noticed they replaced one Japanese background song for another. The part where they release the people from the building and when the little elevator thing goes down, that song was not in the Japanese version. I liked the old song better.

~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

Out of curiousity, did they ever even say the twins names in the movie? I know they're Audrey and Catherine, but I don't think they actually said them in the dub. ^^;; I listened the whole time and Ryuu always refered to them as "his sisters". Still though, I agree with you Espeon, they really need more of Hitomi. I wished they would have given her a different voice, but she was still a great character.

I saw it. It was the irst pokemon movie I've seen in a while. They used the old animation as opposed to the new one they useed for hoenn and the end of johto. Ash is lucky to have seen so many legendaries, let alone stop and save the world from/with them. I've gotta say I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mitsuki*~
    Out of curiousity, did they ever even say the twins names in the movie? I know they're Audrey and Catherine, but I don't think they actually said them in the dub. ^^;; I listened the whole time and Ryuu always refered to them as "his sisters". Still though, I agree with you Espeon, they really need more of Hitomi. I wished they would have given her a different voice, but she was still a great character.
    No, he does address them by name once. It's the part when they all meet up back at the windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Darkness
    Those were their names in the Japanese version as well.
    Eh, must've missed that.^^; I just watched the Japanese version this morning before the dub and I was still pretty sleepy.XP
    Last edited by Heracross; 22nd January 2005 at 7:40 PM.
    ~

This is the BEST MOVIE! Definitely the BEST out of all 7 I've seen so far.

I was really amazed at how well it was done. With introducing Tory and his father. Along with Yuko. It showed just how powerful Deoxys and Rayquaza really are. Then onto Ash and the gang.

- The city was AMAZING. However, as you can see with all the system malfunction... it goes to show how you can't RELY on everything that's based on high-tech things. It shuts down the whole program, making doors unable to open. Where the heck were the manual doors? lol

- Battle Tower. Simply BEAUTIFUL. The field where they battled was AMAZING. Big screens everywhere for fans to see. Commentators and announcers... oh my! It felt so much like the Pokemon League! Too bad there really wasn't a "battle" as Ash's team got dominated because of Tory.

- The side characters were great! Well done! They all played a great and important role. Something we've lacked in a few movies.

My head is spinning like crazy. I really loved how Tory was afraid of Pokemon, and then got to love it at the end. It really did bring a tear to my eye... and I'm 20 years old! =P

10/10

Commercials wasn't over the top, it was reasonable and expected. I'm still buying the DVD because hey, I'm a collector of these stuff. I even sent an E-Mail to KidsWB praising them... doubt they'll read it, but if they do... then great!
    Cloning is a glitch in the game. Abusing a glitch is cheating. Therefore, if you clone. You cheat.
    The cloning glitch may or may not screw up your Emerald game, but I hope it'll screw up your Diamond/Pearl game if and when you trade it over.

IF YOU CHEAT, YOU'RE A PATHETIC LOSER!

~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

He does? *shrugs* Must've missed it...oh ya! I have another curiousity here. *lol* (I'm being very curious today) Does anyone else think Ryuu's name might be "Raph" and NOT "Rafe?" You know, like Raphael? I mean...it'd make more sense name wise.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast