Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

The Incarnation Pokemon Guest

Did the closed captioning spell it as "Rafe"? 'Cuz my CC isn't working for some reason, so I just went by what I heard, and I thought they called him "Raitt" (which IS a real name).

I rather liked the random insert song/ending credits song they used for the dub version (not as much as the original ending song, but...XD). It was cute and upbeat and kinda fun to listen to. And since the original ending song was pretty non sequitur and irrelevant to the movie, I can't complain about any irrelevancy on the part of the dub song (actually, I think it was slightly more suited to the movie than the one they used in the Japanese version).

And yeah, they didn't do a good job of hiding the fact that they cut out a scene with Munchlax.

~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

Did anybody instantly think of SMB when Ash was jumping from block to block? Ash sucks at platform games.
    XD I did! As soon as I saw it I told my mom "It's like Mario Bros. o_o;"

I guess it was a matter of time before something like that got into the anime. After all, both were made by nintendo and Shigeru and Satoshi are friends (the real ppl I mean).

EDIT: I'm not sure about the closed captions Incarnation. I would have looked, but I don't have them on the remote I was using.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the cropping from widescreen, particularly in that scene where Gonbe offers Masato, Audrey, and Catharine that sandwich (in widescreen, when it scratches itself, you can see a bit of dandruff flying out of its fur).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Lindsay Guest

There wasn't an original thing about the darn movie.

Deoxys - Standing on pole over city = Mewtwo
    Deoxys - Psychic flying with Ash = Celebi
    Deoxys - Meteor = Jirachi

Guy that liked May = One of the Hoenn episodes, I can't remember, Also the water PKMN trainer from the first movie
    Rebecca = Guy in "Wired For Battle" and also a Hoenn episode
    Tory = Some kid from a Johto episode who had trauma with PKMN

These losers are all derivative knockoffs.

IMO, this is the best Pokémon movie ever made!!!! I cracked up when Munchlax takes the bag, shouts at TR, and runs off of Jessie's head. Hilarious! Purple Deoxys humming noise was excellent, I loved it every time I heard it. This is the only movie in which the Friend Speech was good. Commercials were annoying, 'cause it was always at the best parts. The 'villain' was really unpredictable. If I hadn't read the synopsis, I'd never have guessed the Block Robots were the thing that needed to be stopped. Rayquaza didn't seem stupid to me. I thought the territorial aspect added something to the whole thing. Without it, Rayquaza's be chasing Deoxys for some random reason. I laughed when Sid ran in Metagross and missed May. And when May got her passport. I'm kinda at a loss to see why Max was so fond of Munchlax. But, Munchlax itself was great. The soccer thing and the dandruff were the best parts^^. Deoxys was cool, and the Shadow Cloning was awesome. Ash & co. hiding from them was really enthralling, almost like a spy thing. The beginning(both the introduction of Pokémon and Deoxys's arrival) was brilliant. LaRousse City was excellent, it's a shame we can't go there in the games. Tory's past was handled quite well, and the Deoxys reunion was pretty darn good. It seemed like the way two legendaries would act. At least they didn't break out hugging and crying. The pronounciations were expected, but Metagross came as a surprise to me(Metang is called 'Mee-tang', I would've thought Metagross would be the same). I was somewhat relieved that Metagross wasn't the 00ber it usually is, otherwise every n00b in the universe would have a Metagross on their team. I'm surprised you all thought Rayquaza wasn't pronounced as 'Ray-qwah-zuh'. When I first saw its name a few years ago, it screamed to me Ray-kway-zuh'. If you wanted it pronounced the other way, it'd be spelled Rayquaaza or something.
    Plusle and Minun were adorable, and the separation scene was so emotional. I liked the Gotta Catch 'Em All joke was funny, oddly.

Overall rating:
    10 out of 10!!!!!!
    The only movie that ever came close to this was Heroes, but this was easily the best movie. For once, I'm glad I woke up early to see Pokémon.

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

No it wasn't creative. They ripped off the pilot to Star Trek: The Next Generation with one Deoxys looking for the other. I also found myself sitting their thinking, "why are they torturing us?". Come on, how much Dragon vs. Alien can you take, seriously?

I was also dumbfounded to discover that Poke Balls are controlled by an outisde location. That's beyond stupid. What if Team Rocket used this to their advantage and effectively disarmed a city? Dumb, dumb, dumb

As for the robot, where's my can opener? That thing creeped me out more than Cyclons. Add on the fact it had a really annoying voice.

The only good thing, Munchlax's voice. They finally did something right with the dub voices of Pokemon.

I have to agree with most everyone else, considering all the hype, this stunk. I give it two thumbs down and a fart.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I thought it was the best at first but.....went downhill from there

Another funny bit was Frogger Ash. (Looked more like Frogger than Super Mario Brothers.)

So, Munchlax has danderuff.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I haven't seen much since brother was watching Ghostbuster II and I wanted to see Shaman King.

I really enjoyed this movie so much! I was looking forward to see how good it was gonna be. 4Kids did a decent job on a Pokemon movie for once. The music was great at the most. Rayquaza did act like it was mindless and Deoxys was pretty cool. Munchlax is on my cute Pokemon list now. I thought it would have a deeper voice and be slow and lazy-ish. I am definately getting this movie when it comes out! IMO this is the best Pokemon movie yet.

[IMG]http://i44.*******.com/16kdhqh.png[/IMG]

The Visual effects were pretty good,out of the effects,it was the best movie

Got the comparison up.

Please note that this was based on a one-time viewing of the dub, so its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. There are probably edits that I missed, and some of the edits I reported about may not be accurate. Think of this as a rough draft only.

If anyone has any additions or corrections to add, let me know.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

I thought this movie was also touching at times. The part with Minun being taken away actually had me in tears. It was just so sad... ;.; Plusle looked so cute when it was crying...

I liked how the other characters had so much personality. Tory was a really neat character. I just wished the battle part betwen Rayquaza & Deoxys was shorter. It got a little boring after awhile.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

flixerblixer Guest

I thought it was a nice movie. Not great, but nice. And Tory looks so cute ... haha.

Anyway, overall, as a movie, I would give it a 6.9/10, but out of Pokemon movies it's probably an 8/10 ... considering this is only the second Pokemon movie I have ever seen (Mewtwo Strikes Back, the other one).

It was somewhat exciting, I guess.

Yeah,that's what I was thinking

I think this is the first pokemon movie where pokemon actually DIE in battle! That's the only thing I can say about Deoxys going the way of DM after it's first battle with Raquayza.

What were the words to that paradise song? I really liked it!

Red Guest

I think the movie was ok, not my favorite though.

7.9/10 I would say

It was cool to see Grovyle,Swellow,Bulbasaur,and Combusken.

Red Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer
    It was cool to see Grovyle,Swellow,Bulbasaur,and Combusken.
    Yeah but.. a little too far ahead for the anime

I had forgotten about this until I just read Dogasu's summary, but did anyone else find it weird that Brock brought up Professor Ivy? How could 4Kids forget what happens when anyone mentions her around Brock?
    ~

Red Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I had forgotten about this until I just read Dogasu's summary, did anyone alse find it weird that Brock brought up Professor Ivy? How could 4Kids forget what happens when anyone mentions her around Brock?
    He's kinda over that.. its been like, three years?...

"Yeah but.. a little too far ahead for the anime"

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Red
    He's kinda over that.. its been like, three years?...
    To my knowledge, there's been no indication in the Japanese version that's he's gotten over what happened all those years ago.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Do they even age?Is Ash still Ten?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast