Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny Deoxys (M07)

I thougt the movie was Ok I will give it a 7.8\10.it was real sad when minun got taken.
    I liked munchlax he is awesom.
    B/W F.id 3568-1771-6466

Pallet Boy Guest

I liked it, I Liked how it started and showed a whole bunch of pokemon. I thought it was slow towards the end though. I didn't care for the story to much either. The best part was the beginning. I give it a 6 out of 10.

Trust me when I say that the whole Ivy bit was simply 4Kids's way of saying "Hey look! We can remember past events! We're a'thinkin'!" So look at it from a different perspective, at least they CAN remember.

I'm baffled as to why people hate Brock's line. I was cracking up because anyone who was watching understood the tacky background it was brought up in. And that was breaking the 4th Wall ever so slightly because really, how often has the slogan been spoken during the show. It actually reminded me TR's comment in the other movie about their feature appearance rate.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Dogasu, are you sure those were bugs and not dandruff? When I was watching the Japanese version of the movie, the stuff flying out of its fur looked white and lifeless to me.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 22nd January 2005 at 11:11 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I must've missed that part,but I recorded it so I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay
    You're right since there's plenty of other things to bash the movie for. And I know they get in wrong in the anime but for the movies - they could at least try to be accurate. After-all one big point of the movies is to showcase new POKéMON.
    There is NOTHING wrong with showing Pokemon in places they don't live in the games, especially since where Pokemon live in the games CHANGES in practically every game. In the anime Pokemon live where they want and their ranges are always changing as some migrate to new areas. There is nothing wrong with that. Not to sound too irritated but I can't believe some people are still harping over this.

Deoxys is now ripping off Mewtwo by landing ontop of some pole overlooking a city. What won't this lame PKMN ripoff?
    A form-shifting alien DNA Pokemon that communicates through colors and electrical pulses and can regenerate from a crystal core is a Mewtwo rip-off? FYI, Mewtwo was shown as a still image standing on top of a building overlooking a city at night, it's hardly identical to this.

Erm the professor named Deoxys or just knew its name magically?
    It was explained that the professor named it.

Rayquaza being shown as nothing but a mindless raging beast sucks. I thought it was a more intelligent creature.

Meanwhile Rayquaza is still mindlessly bashing its head against the citys forcefield.

And finally Rayquaza is made out to be the badguy. How friggin lame.
    Rayquaza was never shown as mindless or a bad guy, just overly dedicated to its task. It didn't show much personality because, like a typical dragon, it was focused singularly on its task. It believed Deoxys was an invader from a space, a threat to Earth and its territory, and set out to destroy the invader or drive it away. It had no intention to harm humans but its focus on the task at hand and its large size meant that people ended up being caught up in it. Once Deoxys proved that they had no bad intentions, Rayquaza left peacefully.

And its wasn't mindlessly bashing against the shield, it was searching for a weakness, some way to get through the shield. It found one too, by throw its body forward immediately after firing a Hyper Beam at close range, allowing it to make an opening long enough for it to get through.

The second Deoxys is now making Ash and Tory fly via Psychic thus ripping off Celebi.
    Or perhaps it is something that Psychic types like to do with their friends that can't fly like them? Its nice that its a recurring behavior.

Now the movies turned around entirely from double Deoxys vs Rayquaza to Ash and Tory vs blocks. Just end it already! btw Why did D, D & R get owned by blocks anyway? That's pretty damn pathetic.
    The block bots had paralyzing electricity and there were thousands of them, they also caught Rayquaza by surprise. The Deoxys merely tried to protect it but were unable to shield and attack back at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I was also dumbfounded to discover that Poke Balls are controlled by an outisde location. That's beyond stupid.
    I got the impression that this was due to Deoxys (as they showed it being able to cause anything mechanical to malfunction with its powers, and it would make sense that it would want to prevent more Pokemon being released from their balls to distract its search), though the wording in the dub was rather vague, they've never mentioned a "Poke Ball Management System" before, but if it is an outside source it must be in space or something to handle all the Poke Balls in the world, but even then it would required Deoxys causing them to malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken Trainer
    Do they even age?Is Ash still Ten?
    They do age, time does pass, the question that is debated is just how MUCH.

personally, i was surprized over what was really happening. i previously thought that deoxys was some sort of evil monster hellbent on destroying earth, with rayquaza being the hero. but in reality,     Spoiler:

Become a Spriter! Hang Out! Join C-Spriting!

I thought the movie was great! I mean, the movie was a bit different from the other movies because it kinda surrounds Tory instead of JUST Ash and the conflict. *nod nod* IMO, this is the best movie I have seen.... So far. (I haven't seen Jirachi Wishmaker yet >_>).

But, it was kinda weird having Sid hitting on May.... It should've been Brendan IMO.... *gets whacked* Sorry! I'm a Hoennshipper. ^^; *sweat-drops*

PlayAtari2600 Guest

I HAVE A VERY GOOD PREDICTION:

During the whole course of the film's airing I was surprised that I wasn't seeing any new footage, like the DVD box cover said that we would. So I just assumed that Miramax was saying the minimal paint edits counted as "new footage", which annoyed me.
    I also noticed that during the end credits it said "Additional Music By" and then included the original people who do the dub music, plus Larry Alexander. This confused me, as there was not any American-exclusive music outside of the new song, which had it's own seperate credit.
    I never really put two-and-two together until later. I think that there is some new footage(I'd say a minute or two at tops), and that it was just cut from the Kid'sWB! airing because it's useless and easy to take in and out. This would explain the need for additional music(if you'll all remember, they used dub music in the new footage in 4ever). So I think there is just a minute or so of "new footage", and it's accompanied by some dub music.
    BUT there is another option. For the television airing, KidsWB! took out the "Japan Production" part of the credit and left in the dub credits only. Since I doubt that the whole "This Side of Paradise" song lasts for 5 minutes, they could have thrown some dub music on to the end just to fill up the credits.
    But I'm going to be putting my money on the "new footage" theroy. I guess we'll find out in three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Dogasu, are you sure those were bugs and not dandruff? When I was watching the Japanese version of the movie, the stuff flying out of its fur looked white and lifeless to me.
    Ever heard of lice or lice eggs? They're white.

So that "Poke Ball Mangement System" was dub thing, still, it would have been a stupid idea.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I actually didn't find Sid's attraction to May that funny until the captured people escaped and he slammed into Metagross.

Speaking of Metagross, I always assumed it was pronounced like "cross".

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Ever heard of lice or lice eggs? They're white.

So that "Poke Ball Mangement System" was dub thing, still, it would have been a stupid idea.
    This "Poke Ball Managment System" I think was for the city only. Like Tory said the city has a high security system. And there was a battle tower so they had to keep things under control some how.

I still can't get over how cool Blaziken looked in this film. It was so sweet watching slide with the twins. (Awwwww!) He was like a second brother!
    I personally enjoyed the part where he was told to relax, he was sooo wel-trained, beautiful. Now I want a Blaziken...but I only got a Sceptile

I like Cressillia

flixerblixer Guest

I liked the song "This Side of Paradise" but I would LOVE to hear "L-O-V-E-L-Y" (was that supposed to be the original song) ...

I loved the song "This Side of Paradise"--It is the only Pokemon Song that i actually kind of like

OFF TOPIC:How do you Quote?

I loved the song "This Side of Paradise"--It is the only Pokemon Song that i actually kind of like

OFF TOPIC:How do you Quote?
    Me, too! It was just adorable with the pokemon playing around! How it'd go again? I just realized something, this is the first time they've included a song during a scene not at the begining since "Brother, my brother", anyone else notice that?

Dark Rulerł Guest

What I liked most about this movie were the first anime appearances of Brendan(if only for a few moments), Rayquaza, and Munchlax. The storyline, battle scenes, and ending were okay but nothing wow-worthy. I didn't, however, like how Rayquaza was portrayed as so aggressive and vengeful towards Deoxys, but that's about the only thing I disliked.

Overall: 7/10

This movie was great. The animation, with the CGI, was sort of strange, but I liked it. CGI wasn't used on people in the past movies, was it?

Just like a lot of other people, I was mispronouncing Rayquaza's name, thinking it was "Ray-Qua-Za", instead of "Ray-Quay-Za".

I actually was worried that they might ruin the debut of Ash & Friends' new Pokemon, but they only really emphasized them in that whole playing scene, and even then they didn't really spoil anything because they had that nice paradise song playing, so I couldn't hear their voices.

The whole deal with Deoxys just looking for its friend was at first surprising, but it turned out to be a pretty nice way to resolve the fighting with it.

I know this isn't directly involved with the movie, but there was something I thought was funny. Did anyone else think it was funny when, right before some of the commercial breaks (which they had a lot of), they showed us a theater where people were watching Destiny Deoxys, and Brock was standing up, maybe to go to the restroom, or get popcorn, or something. Then the announcer guy says, "Stay in your seats, because..." Then Brock gets back down with a frightened face, lol!

Anyway, I'll give this movie an 8/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 24th January 2005 at 7:10 PM.

This wasn't actually the First appearance of Brendan,he was in Jirachi Wish-Maker

I still don't know how to Quote

I still don't know how to Quote
    Just click on "reply", on the bottom right-hand corner of whoever you want to quote's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokémon Master
    I know this isn't directly involved with the movie, but there was something I thought was funny. Did anyone else think it was funny when, right before some of the commercial breaks (which they had a lot of), they showed us a theater where people were watching Destiny Deoxys, and Brock was standing up, maybe to go to the restroom, or get popcorn, or something. Then the announcer guy says, "Stay in your seats, because..." Then Brock gets back down with a frightened face, lol!
    Yeah, I also thought that was kinda amusing. I guess it was just the expression on his face.
    ~

cornstarch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    And its wasn't mindlessly bashing against the shield, it was searching for a weakness, some way to get through the shield. It found one too, by throw its body forward immediately after firing a Hyper Beam at close range, allowing it to make an opening long enough for it to get through.
    Yes. I said something exactly like that earlier. He wasn't a "stupid" pokemon like others said. Just trying to find a "hole" or something in the forcefield...

Perfect Darkness Guest

I am surprised there were 2. There is usually only one legendary. Poor little kid though. Terrified of Pokemon because of Rayquaza. Made a Pokemon friend after all though

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Yeah, I also thought that was kinda amusing. I guess it was just the expression on his face.
    Announcer: Stay in your seat...

Brock: *Gets up* |=D

Rayquaza: RAWR!!!

Brock: *Sits back down* <=o

Announcer: Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys will be right back.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

You know, every time I looked at that poster of Destiny Deoxys that shows Tory with Plusle and Minun around him, I kinda thought that they would be his Pokemon from the very beginning of the movie. But he made friends with them during it.

When they mentioned Rayquaza battling Deoxys because it was protecting its territory, I thought it was weird that they said that since I always thought Rayquaza fought Deoxys because it thought it was an outside invader, and Rayquaza was just trying to protect the Earth. Like it feels obligated, and it's its job.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pokemon Master
    Just click on "reply", on the bottom right-hand corner of whoever you want to quote's post.
    Thank You Very Much

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast