Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Default Battling A Cute Drama (593)

Cherubi! Brave Battle!

During their travel to Snowpoint City, Ash & Co. meet a trainer whom only loves Pokémon she deems to be cute. Criticising Dawn's Piplup, she quickly challenges Dawn to a battle. However, when the battle commences, she does not give her Cherubi any orders. Does she have a specific strategy?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

They get their Winter Clothing in this episode.

Also I noticed that one of the eyecatches in this episode was for Brock. :0
    Croagunk appeared instead of Pikachu or Piplup.

Also, Marilyn had a Shellder. We never see one of those. :0
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 30th April 2009 at 3:33 PM.

Oooo this episode sounds worth a look at just for the winter clothes and for the Shellder.

I take it nothing else of interest happened in this episode, like a new attack for Sudowoodo or anyone getting Cherubi or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    They get their Winter Clothing in this episode.

Also I noticed that one of the eyecatches in this episode was for Brock. :0
    Croagunk appeared instead of Pikachu or Piplup.

Also, Marilyn had a Shellder. We never see one of those. :0
    Ash and Co. got new clothes? Cool... And I am soo happy Brock is in the middle on this pic(guy deserves screentime). That girl also had Shellder, huh?

Ooooh, an eyecatcher for Brock? Niiiice.

The winter clothes don't really bother me.

It was quiet a surprise that Hikari's mom not only sent Hikari's but also sent Satoshi and Takeshi's winter cloth too.
    Last edited by pK'; 30th April 2009 at 4:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post

I was quiet surprised when Hikari's mom also sent Satoshi and Takeshi's winter cloth too.
    I thinke it's sweet of Dawn's mom Johanna to send winter clothes to Ash and Brock as well. I bet it's because of them taking such good care of Dawn in their travels together.

Bryon
    "Looks like you're about to get pwned."

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

Oooh, Ambipom left in the opening. Good good.

This is the first time the cahrectors got a new look in the middle of an arc!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Does that mean we'll have a new opening soon? Seems like it to me.
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Takeshi lol.
    Well I was glad to see that there were some distinction between Satoshi's and Takeshi's cloth.

While Satoshi's jacket is exact clone of Kouki's (Lucas'), Takeshi's jacket got pocket and neck area is bit different.

I like Dawn's outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by assassinsceptile View Post
    Fine I'll fite u all

I love how that girl hated Piplup but loved Buneary. It was so funny to see the penguin be rejected. Her obsession with Buneary was rather creepy.

The power boost Cherubi got to defeat Buneary was so exaggerated.

Poor Mime Jr being rejected like Piplup was. I understand her not finding Piplup cute, but Mime Jr?

After centuries finally Sudowoodo battles or appears for that matter. Glad to see him again. Fake Tears has to be the funniest portrayal of an attack ever. Sudowoodo was hilarious.

Chingling scary mouth appears. I can’t stand it, it creeps me out.=/

Croagunk and Brock were so dramatic. So wacky, I love it.

I knew something ugly was going to come out of her pokeball, a Shellder.

I was so excited to see Happiny have an official battle and Team Rocket appears. R U SRUS?

This episode really didn’t serve a purpose but it was a nice one. I love wacky fillers and Brock and that girl who I still don’t know her name were fun. Definitely a good one and I love the new clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    oh, the first time i read that i thought it said "Ambipom left the opening" and i was gonna say "......... nope...... still there....." haha.
    Long Live Gliscor

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post

Takeshi lol.
    Well I was glad to see that there were some distinction between Satoshi's and Takeshi's cloth.

While Satoshi's jacket is exact clone of Kouki's (Lucas'), Takeshi's jacket got pocket and neck area is bit different.
    Brock's new outfit resembles on Paul's jacket... Hm Dawn changed her dress, but her hat and hairpins stayed same for some weird reason...
    Hm, looks like really interesting episode. That Shellos was really cool...

They prob won't get rid of Ambipom from the opening for a lil while until chimchar evolves probably

At first i thought such a waste of time but then i thought

They finally arrive in Snowpoint City
    Brock has a battle at last
    Sudowoodo and Happiny get an actual battle and some more screen time
    A shellder like wtf!!! lol but still cool to see da guy
    And Wow they got the new clothes already and from Johanna no less

So again true to dp series form not a stupid filler

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Piplup's face when Marilyn rejected it that first time was absolutely PRICELESS!!! It also needs a nice little dose of reality, just like Adam.
    6 Years Past...

What was actually said by everyone about Shellder? I'd really like to know.

Apparently Marilyn considered Shellder to be ugly (???), but she was inspired by Brock's Croagunk that Pokemon could be beautiful on the inside.

So she didn't have a crush on Brock, she was just inspired by the Gunk in that Trunk.

OMG I was surprised about Shellder, and it's good to see Brock battling again.
    And I think Dawn's new clothes look cute.

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

According to the Law of Insigificant Style Alterations (LISA), the clothing changes in the last 5 seconds of this episode deem it not a filler, and therefore, any complaints about it being a boring filler will look somehow even stupider than usual.

Bullet-point review alert now at Level 5. It's a full-fledged Random Thought Epidemic. A RANDEMIC!

- A wind tunnel. No really, that's hysterical, since the gang is in a tunnel and there's wind!
    - Ambipom still in opening. Sorry, Buizel.
    - Psychotic COTD is just like every Poke-mom out there. Let the kiddies play with little Buneary or Pikachu, but don't EVER let them near that Dialga action figure!
    - Piplup's freak-out and like designs suddenly push Shimura to a new level. The fact that Piplup remained "stone cold" for several scenes added to the artistic hilarity.
    - It's Captain Two-Head-No-Arm! Also known by its nerd term "Cherubi".
    - Ah, Solar Beam. How I miss the days when people actually thought that was a good attack.
    - Big LOL at Manene sulking under a tree with black aura fuming from it.
    - Ash: "Wow Brock, long time no see! You really followed us all the way to Sinnoh?"
    - A Chingling? I still don't get why they took a Pokemon as useless as Chimecho and then made an even more useless version of it.
    - Shellder...Shellder...Shellder...nope. Don't remember such a Pokemon.
    - New clothes. Meh.

Since we're about to have a big stream of important episodes, it was good to have something lighthearted beforehand, even though I would love to have seen Cherrim also. Loved the COTD in this as well as the shockingly creative art. Certainly a watchable episode for those who foolishly passed it off as a waste of time in speculation.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Well the new animation sure makes Shellder a lot more emotional than in the original series.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I really enjoyed this episode. Nice to have a few short and simple battles in one episode. And Marilyn was a pretty cool character, funny how Piplup and Mime Jr. got depressed after she insulted them.

Shellder? Didn't see that coming, but good all the same. It was really cute after it fought Team Rocket.

And yay for the Platinum Clothes. Although I wonder if they are going to keep them? Dawn's is the only one that is totally new. Ash and Brock just get a jacket like Lucas'.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Very nice episode.
    I had completely forgotten Shellder existed!
    marilyn was a great COTD, and great to see Takeshi actually DOING something! Nevertheless using Sudowoodo in battle!

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

She creeps me out when she enters her euphoric mood. Also, I've never seen Takeshi argue over to a girl like that. Great episode overall. Oh my gosh, Sudowoodo's dramatic scene was so well put. What was that music in Croagunk's scene and I remember that theme during the debut of shellder. that was back in the kanto/johto days when they were playing some scenes to fill up the climax. sounds pretty good for a remix.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 30th April 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast